TT Squad mode questions

Bellarie - Raging Tide
Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Venomancer
I'm at the point where I'm starting on the work toward getting my endgame armor, aiming for T2/T3. As I'm not exactly good at making money, I'd prefer to farm as many of the mats as I can. So far, I can solo squad mode of 1-x, 2-1, and 2-2 without too much trouble.

My question is, can I solo 2-3, 3-1, and 3-2 with just my Celestial Giant? And are there any bosses of 3-3(the ones that don't appear in single mode) that I can solo? I remember trying colluseast and steelation 3-1 back with my unevolved herc and I was almost able to do it, so I'm confident that I can at least take them with my Giant.

I currently am using a T2 Pataka with +20 to Atk lvl, and my armor is currently TT90 Gold LA. My giant has Self-healing and Gold Deity in addition to his default buffs.
Post edited by Bellarie - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am able to solo 2-3 all bosses (Ancient Evil's a pain; concentrate on killing the adds when they spawn, and be prepared to heal yourself when he starts using you as a secondary target. I stay in fox and concentrate on healing. He mixes in a mana drain near end of life, so avoid being in the AOE targeting your giant) and all 3-x medium mode bosses (Coredash, Djinnscream, Deathflow and Illusion Nemen; I use harpy for Djinnscream, but other high damage pets can be substituted.) Colluseast has debuff combo (purge + extreme poison I think it is) that will one-shot a giant, and Steelation has his APS mode that will take a giant down fast, too. Steelation can be done with a ranged pet, if you're able to survive the stun and revive the pet fast enough to get it back in the fight.

Minister can also be done with a ranged pet (recommend a harpy, for max range to avoid the AOE sleep), but the problem here is getting to it, as you have to kill Emperor to open the door to Minister, and I don't think Emperor (or Armaggedon) can be pet tanked.

My equipment is Morai G15 +10 magic sword, and Morai G15 +6-8 heavy armor, my giant has no heal skill, but does have a 30% chance of avoiding a negative status.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah, bummer about 3-x. I don't have a harpy nor will I be able to afford one in the near future. I will be evolving my cactus next week, would that be a suitable ranged substitute if I procure strong/protect/bless?

I remember reading somewhere that Ancient Evil can be made less of a pain if I reset him after he summons, then take out the minions before re-engaging him?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    I'd go with Protect/Bless/Claw, I don't think Strong is needed in most situations a ranged pet is useful in. And yes, you can reset Ancient Evil (run to center portal to do so) and take out the minions individually before re-engaging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Minister can also be done with a ranged pet (recommend a harpy, for max range to avoid the AOE sleep), but the problem here is getting to it, as you have to kill Emperor to open the door to Minister, and I don't think Emperor (or Armaggedon) can be pet tanked.

Actually you don't need to kill the Emperor to face Minister. Killing Nemen opens the door to Minister and killing Minister spawns Armageddon. You just need to either Town Portal out(if you didn't kill Steelation, he's usually too close to stairs to sneak past him) and run back inside or run through mobs in Emperor room to main hall and reset the mobs. If you killed Steelation you can just run back to main hall all the way you ran to Nemen by.

You can also do Armageddon quite easily by luring it with pet to a corner of her platform(yush, Armageddon ish actually a lady despite her title being "Illusion Lord") and park pet outside her range and then just DD her down on veno. Prepare to spend half eternity there, though, if you're not HA-veno as APSing in Fox Form makes things a bit faster as HA-veno. Beware of her occasional HF-AoE though, it hits a LOT.b:shocked

Kitty can't give any further advices though as Kitty rather uses APS-barb+sin combo for soloing TT3-X's so Kitty hasn't ever solo'd TT on veno.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2015
    Aren't the roamer gaurnob and cenequus, the ones that approach the stairs? I haven't noticed that Steel often comes over that far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]