Seeker transposition glitch is legal?

Options
Roar_King - Sanctuary
Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Hello all,
I just want be sure if that thing is legal or not because use a bug of the game.

(2/3 times in the first map and other 2 times near the end, same seeker, same glitch)

Same for TW, making a cata barb stuck on the wall.

Thank you for explain me.
Post edited by Roar_King - Sanctuary on

Comments

• zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5 mins 20 ish for people who don't wanna waste to much time
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's the first time I'm seeing that.

I could consider it illegal since it gets in the way of another players gameplay.
    If that happens in TW, it could be a huge turning point for those balanced TWs.

Also, this event/gltich can be clearly seen at 6:11 for those trying to see clearly.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrytini - Raging Tide
    Terrytini - Raging Tide Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Seekers have been doing it for quite a while now.
    I've seen barbs get stuck in rocks and in the corner of flag pits in NW as well as up on the walls during TW. I doubt PWI cares about it though.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What is this BS? It sure is illegal.

You can try to report him (you already have him recorded in video) but I doubt anything will be done.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sounds similar to other teleport glitches, except in this case it is (or can be) a second party that gets glitched after teleporting.

Did they ever fix the other teleport glitches? (E.g., sin teleport to mob uphill on a ramp, I recall FC being the usual location where people complained of it happening.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Seekers using this "glitch" for more than 1 year. Noone has been banned. Stop QQing, it's legal. b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Everyone enjoy having TW without barb pullers now. There's not really any defense against this. Going human doesn't work, nor does jumping, nor does getting on a flyer. Your only options to get out of it are to town portal, teleport essence, or log out.

There's actually a version of this glitch I discovered that can be cast on anyone and embed people inside the floor on flat terrain. I wish PWE was still in the habit of fixing glitches but ohh well.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Another exemple from TW: -snip-

If its legal each faction can put a squad of seekers on the wall and let stuck all the cata barbs that come and repeat for 3h tw.... yeah that's fun b:surrender

I hope people coming back to play for fun. A game can be competitive but even respecting players and rules.
    Seekers using this "glitch" for more than 1 year. Noone has been banned. Stop QQing, it's legal. b:bye

I'm not QQing, just annoying to waste hp charms when i can't use teleport.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

Since when in PWE's history have glitches ever been legal? Sure, they don't ban for them more than half the time, but they've never been legal. Remember the CoF blue-name PK corner glitch? They did ban for that one. Also, what right have you to tell people to not complain? This is not something unbalanced in the game, this is an outright cheat. It's never happened to me, but it does annoy the hell out of me that people are so low and don't understand what having fun and fairness in a game is like.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yup illegal. Exploiting glitches as posted in TOS (http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms) Here is exerpt:

15.2Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

k. cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;

l. using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players;

I have reported this in a ticket for which PWI claims they will do something to fix (Ban players abusing tos? Fix the glitch?) But nothing has been done.

Any faith I had in PWI/ARC customer service is slowly draining away the longer I see this ridiculous exploit go on.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Only way to be out of it is, a psy friends used shroud veil on you, and while u're stunned some1 else grabs catapult... Then u can teleport to town... Or if u're stuck on the high part of the wall, some1 has to take cata as soon as u lose it (Cause it'll be on the ground)

There is a -crazy town cheater pants- seeker that uses it a lot so, im pretty used for that already b:laugh
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    there's many questionable things on PWI

if I recall correctly we have someone on sanctuary thats been using a program to see the PWI code to win jungle ruins every week for 4 years straight, as well as knowing the exact chests to get in the PvP tournament to make sure the whole squad goes to the same room

is this ****? Yes
    did he get punished for it? No
    will the seeker get punished for this? No
    will this get fixed? Most likely not
    is there a real point in this thread? Nope

I doubt its intended and personally I think this is ****, I wudnt want to have it done to me, but ye, its there n it prolly wont be fixed, I guess just be happy its only 1 seeker n not every single one of m. Posting this on the public forums is basically posting on youtube how to make a bomb, all ur doing is give more idiots the idea to make their own bomb b:surrender
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Still posting about this huh?

But $picylovah, winning jungle ruins every week and knowing exactly what chests you are supposed to dig for PvP tournament is all just the result of careful observation. No tricks, exploits or programs!
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I doubt its intended

http://i.imgur.com/FP7M7TL.jpg

As I'm sure the world can guess the last two posts are people in the same faction as the person exploiting the glitches.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You are sure to expect this for many tws to come. You might be able to counter it using IG or AD as you approach the gate when you pull the cata. Transposition only has a 20m working distance. They did change the way QPQ works when you use to be able to hp debuff the base crystal. So they might change this skill too as it is not meant to be a perma freeze skill used on players. I had this used on me many times in TW as I pull a cata for my faction, fortunately I can use the same skill to get me unstuck or just teleport out with my cata.
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wasnt the FC glitch with the mobs illegal as well? Ya, no one used that at all b:laugh
    Or the +10 orb give away glitch. Pretty sure no one got more then 1. b:laugh

Go ahead, send tickets in, see how well it is handled then. PWI has the support of a 80 year old womans bra.

Best thing to do. Find a way around it. Like IG, or AD or something.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow, that's completely dumb. I wish faction leaders of the big TW factions could sit together to make some agreement about telling their seekers not to use this glitch because it really lowers the fun of TWs. Unfortunately, this will never happen of course, would be too easy. People with sportsmanship are really rare.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow, that's completely dumb. I wish faction leaders of the big TW factions could sit together to make some agreement about telling their seekers not to use this glitch because it really lowers the fun of TWs. Unfortunately, this will never happen of course, would be too easy. People with sportsmanship are really rare.

Not so long ago, it did make a big difference when the 2 biggest factions were more closely matched. Vindicate basically couldn't kill the crystal so it went the full 3 hours. Now Hoorah has weakened, all it's really doing is making TW's a little longer than they otherwise would've been.

At least in TW you can have 4 catapult pullers (or more, depending on the territory) and we only have 1 seeker doing this right now. Guess the others don't think their CS history will protect them or something. However, I'd say in NW it's a bigger issue. That 1 person could potentially hold off a full enemy team in a Capture the Flag instance just by using transposition on whoever gets the flag each time. Unless another seeker grabs the flag, that is.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    a certain BM on morai server, of the former dominating faction, is doing this for 2 years now - i got told its within the rules.

should be the same as the transposition-issue...guess you can just hope for fairplay :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Wasnt the FC glitch with the mobs illegal as well? Ya, no one used that at all b:laugh
    Or the +10 orb give away glitch. Pretty sure no one got more then 1. b:laugh

Go ahead, send tickets in, see how well it is handled then. PWI has the support of a 80 year old womans bra.

Best thing to do. Find a way around it. Like IG, or AD or something.

Hmmm good examples. Both of those *glitches* ended with bans of the largest offenders along with the glitch being fixed so i hope your comparison is accurate.

Yes there are ways to fend it off but im sure everyone would agree given the choice of using an ig going through your enemies gates vs ig when taking damage at the crystal... Every barb would choose the latter.
    Flag battle? Would you rather ig past every seeker because they might Transposition you into the graphics? Or use a speedpot?

You can protect against it if youre quick and smart. But theres no denying that it will set you back your apoth cooldown that could be better used elsewhere.
  • avs33fan
    avs33fan Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    Hmmm good examples. Both of those *glitches* ended with bans of the largest offenders along with the glitch being fixed so i hope your comparison is accurate.

Yes there are ways to fend it off but im sure everyone would agree given the choice of using an ig going through your enemies gates vs ig when taking damage at the crystal... Every barb would choose the latter.
    Flag battle? Would you rather ig past every seeker because they might Transposition you into the graphics? Or use a speedpot?

You can protect against it if youre quick and smart. But theres no denying that it will set you back your apoth cooldown that could be better used elsewhere.

Both the FC glitch and Orb "glitch", I seen no one banned, only 1 week suspensions on harshlands, and that was for the orb glitch. PWI said they were going to ban people for the FC glitch, but retracted that, and any bans they did hand out.

It will be funny to see how they "fix" this. The glitch wont be fixed, so they either keep it and **** off cata pullers, or make it unuasable in TW which will **** off Seekers. Its a no win situation.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    a certain BM on morai server, of the former dominating faction, is doing this for 2 years now - i got told its within the rules.

should be the same as the transposition-issue...guess you can just hope for fairplay :)

If you're talking about pulling someone into the air and stunning them the transposition issue is much worse since you are permanently embedded in the terrain. The BM pull can at least be countered with anti stun or anti flight skills.

With issues like this looking at the TOS is worthless since it is very vague and leaves everything open for interpretation. Until anyone is actually banned for it you should assume that it is free to use. I'm hoping that this issue becomes a large enough problem that it is actually fixed. Historically glitches in the game are only fixed once they are heavily exploited but it's quite possible no one at the company cares any more.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can understand how annoying and frustrating that is, just watching the vid I could practically -feel- the seething rage :S

Can we get stuck in terrain, yep. Can seekers switch locations with their enemies, yep. Was the skill implemented with full knowledge that we can get stuck in terrain, definitely yes. Therefore I would conclude that there's nothing necessarily "illegal" about it.

On the point of the part in the TOS where it's illegal to interfere with a players gameplay, that's kinda sketchy in PvP arenas like TW and NW. Sure the goal of the flag carrier is to successfully carry the flag, but the enemy's job at that point is to prevent that from happening. By that logic spawn camping is also impeding a player's ability to play, and there's no strong persuasion to have that practice end. I'm not saying in any way that I approve of landscaping as a tactic, but it could be considered as much of a "tactic" as spawn camping is considered a "tactic" by some; unsportsmanlike as it is.
    Honestly I can understand guerrilla tactics like this when up against people with massive HP bars/gigantic gear disparity and huge power-house squads behind them, case-in-point being made by the fact that in spite of getting stuck twice you still won the battle in the end XD They literally have to throw you into the bushes to stop you.

At this point though, there is no case for legal or illegal, there is only a case for can there be something done about it or can't there, and as far as the moment seems to stand, there can not be anything done about it. Due to the small section of the playerbase who plays a seeker who also TW/NWs, I doubt this issue will ever be on the PWI troubleshooting radar.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can understand how annoying and frustrating that is, just watching the vid I could practically -feel- the seething rage :S

Can we get stuck in terrain, yep. Can seekers switch locations with their enemies, yep. Was the skill implemented with full knowledge that we can get stuck in terrain, definitely yes. Therefore I would conclude that there's nothing necessarily "illegal" about it.

On the point of the part in the TOS where it's illegal to interfere with a players gameplay, that's kinda sketchy in PvP arenas like TW and NW. Sure the goal of the flag carrier is to successfully carry the flag, but the enemy's job at that point is to prevent that from happening. By that logic spawn camping is also impeding a player's ability to play, and there's no strong persuasion to have that practice end. I'm not saying in any way that I approve of landscaping as a tactic, but it could be considered as much of a "tactic" as spawn camping is considered a "tactic" by some; unsportsmanlike as it is.
    Honestly I can understand guerrilla tactics like this when up against people with massive HP bars/gigantic gear disparity and huge power-house squads behind them, case-in-point being made by the fact that in spite of getting stuck twice you still won the battle in the end XD They literally have to throw you into the bushes to stop you.

At this point though, there is no case for legal or illegal, there is only a case for can there be something done about it or can't there, and as far as the moment seems to stand, there can not be anything done about it. Due to the small section of the playerbase who plays a seeker who also TW/NWs, I doubt this issue will ever be on the PWI troubleshooting radar.

Except getting stuck in terrain is a defect in the system not a feature. It's a known bug and should fall in to the exploit category. Not working as intended.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Guys. This is definitly illegal.

Why isn't this thread in the Quality Corner? You know Surtr is pretty active atm...but he will overlook it here eventually. Can a mod move it to the quality corner?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Guys. This is definitly illegal.

Why isn't this thread in the Quality Corner? You know Surtr is pretty active atm...but he will overlook it here eventually. Can a mod move it to the quality corner?

Astrelle already made a proper quality corner submission on the topic after seeing this thread
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    Options

That doesn't happen only when I have the flag. Check the last minute of my NW video. (Link at 1st page). He did that on me everytime, everywhere.
    And the point for you is: "If enemy is stronger, cheat is legal?"

Another exemple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piKUzplARjk between 16.20 to 17.30.
    He used the glitch when i didn't carry the flag, just to kill me and i was playing with my huge g15 set.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    you mean

https://youtu.be/130vFQJvo6w?t=927 (15:26)

wanna know how many times this **** has been pulled in our tws and how many times i am complaining about this?

it's a bug, it's a feature not intended to be in the gameplay, it's game breaking and it can be abused and i don't know why this shouldn't be illegal.

bbbbbbbbut GMs don't care, especially don't care about gameplay if they actually have real clues about it
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    avs33fan wrote: »
    Both the FC glitch and Orb "glitch", I seen no one banned, only 1 week suspensions on harshlands, and that was for the orb glitch. PWI said they were going to ban people for the FC glitch, but retracted that, and any bans they did hand out.

Multiple people were permabanned for orb glitching on Sanctuary. They do not have their accounts back to this day.
This discussion has been closed.