shardings for semi end g

aburiidah
aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
I will be getting r9 for my SB hopefully farmed in 6 months time. I was kind of puzzled and wanted to ask why do some AA classes such as clerics use vit stones on their r9r gears when you can get more HP with citrine gems? The extra defence is not much?

Also I wanted advice on what shardings to use; I cannot afford to gear up my SB with JOSD/Diety as they cost way too much for me. So currently I plan to shard all my R9r armours with Garnet Gems each; the helmet (NV3)and robe (NV3) I will shard incomparable citrines or citrine gems if I get better cape and helm. Will this be good enough for PvP and PV? Should I use vit stones instead of garnet gems for R9r armours? Or should I just stick to my current plan?
Post edited by aburiidah on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aburiidah wrote: »
    I will be getting r9 for my SB hopefully farmed in 6 months time. I was kind of puzzled and wanted to ask why do some AA classes such as clerics use vit stones on their r9r gears when you can get more HP with citrine gems? The extra defence is not much?

Also I wanted advice on what shardings to use; I cannot afford to gear up my SB with JOSD/Diety as they cost way too much for me. So currently I plan to shard all my R9r armours with Garnet Gems each; the helmet (NV3)and robe (NV3) I will shard incomparable citrines or citrine gems if I get better cape and helm. Will this be good enough for PvP and PV? Should I use vit stones instead of garnet gems for R9r armours? Or should I just stick to my current plan?

If you can afford them then only use garnet gems. Dont use any kind of citrine garbage. Rather refine your gears decently to get more HP. But tbh...garnet gems wont make much of a dif. Compared to incomp garnets. rather just use g10 garnets and try to shard 1 or 2 pieces with josd or invest more money in refine (go full +11 or at least get the ornaments to +12 before that I wouldnt bother endgame sharding anyways).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    (go full +11 or at least get the ornaments to +12 before that I wouldnt bother endgame sharding anyways).

10char 123
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The defense gains from vit for a magic class is very little, however with the percent increase from primal passive Abosolute Virture every little bit will add up when that skill is maxed. Even so, i would not personally go with all vit stones or citrines because you get alot of hp from refining anyway. Garents or atk/def level shards are the best way to go. and raelly the def/atk level gems are only helpful if u plan on doing alot of pvp otherwise in the long run they aren't benefiting you significantly more than garnets would in a pve scenario.