TW Lag

Gingerpubes - Morai
Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
PWI please sort your sub-par servers out.

This is the second week we have had mass DC or lag during TW to thee point we cant defend lands.

We lost 2 lands this week and another 2 last week because we cannot keep enough players on to defend our lands due to DC and those who get on can barely move due to lag.

As a small faction it's very hard to defend a gank or even a single land when so many of us can't participate due to your servers playing up.

Is it so difficult to not mess up? Not even after anything amazing here, just asking that you stop **** up? Can you do that? Are you capable of functioning without pressing the big red button that says "breaks servers" on it? Can you take a break from licking windows for 5 minutes to hit the reset button? Or do we need to wait for that short bus you ride on to arrive at HQ on monday?
Post edited by Gingerpubes - Morai on

Comments

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Last few days I need to log in twice due to "server error" and doing fsp today was fun as most people were totally unable to use any skills or throw axes since they were lagging so hard they froze for minutes at a time.

Unsurprisingly when massive server issues are crippling player this website just says "NOPE" and is unable to load for the duration. Everytime. When the whole server is like WTF?! this site just craps itself and hides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pwi is running commodore 64 servers!

lag is horrible - someone from management must be responsible for this - and Replaced.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    0 Lag going into tw.

Immediately upon start of tw about half of my faction dc'd. Half of the people who dc'd eventually made it back online, approximately.

Of the people who either didn't dc or made it back online, not a single person was without extreme lag. The other side had it too.

Example, I had a cata. barb. tried to buff himself as he picked up the cata. The buffs went off when he was about halfway down the lane with the catapult. That was one of the few times the catapults actually moved.

Both sides experienced similar lag.

Ruined a tw that was looking to be really awesome and fun for both sides.

Upon leaving tw, 0 lag again.
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    inb4 "do a bunch of tech manipulations during your TW to post them in tech forum section so some forum guru can tell you it's some thunderstorm on a random regional hub"
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had people from all over the world participating for my faction, and I know our opponent was similar in diverse locations.

A member from Australia lagged just as bad as a member from New York.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was doing Racoon rescue and the game froze with me getting attacked by the bat guys and unable to do anything. I force logged out. That was about an hr ago, and ARC refuses to run and this site has only NOW been accessible. My net is fine, I'm actually watching youtube while I wait for the derp to end.

Edit:
    Looks like I have arc running now, 90 minutes later. It crashed to a black screen and then told me I have 5 unread messages from the last few months, which I had already read, but my corpse is finally logged in -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • fulminedio
    fulminedio Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pwi is running commodore 64 servers!

lag is horrible - someone from management must be responsible for this - and Replaced.

If only that were true. If PWI servers were run on Commodore 64 servers we wouldnt have the lag and DC issues....
    I am a NERD, I have Skilz for I am 1337
    For I am mighty. Hear me roar (meow)
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On lost City I didn't experience the lag but I saw in world chat a lot of people who did. Then a bunch of people dc'd and came back and then about 5 minutes later I dc'd.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can attest to this.
    Nudimmud is the leader of the faction that Knights (my guild) opposed in the TW he mentioned.
    Every participant on my side of that war experienced extreme latency at the same time, and about 50% of my guild experienced complete disconnections. Many of them were unable to even log back into the game for 20 minutes of the war due to "Arc Error".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    inb4 "do a bunch of tech manipulations during your TW to post them in tech forum section so some forum guru can tell you it's some thunderstorm on a random regional hub"

hey, thats my line :/

how many more of such threads are actually needed for the company to react?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • elfsmastery
    elfsmastery Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i currently have huge lag on harshlands server.

i dont really play much anymore since pwi broke so many things but when i play i experience huge lag pretty regular. atm i see the log in screen for over 5 minutes now without a actually log in. befor that i was logged in but no characters were showing.

pwi became unplayable.
    time to leave.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    I'd just like to clarify, that in MOST cases it is in-fact a regional hub or circumstance outside PWE's control, but int his particular instance EVERYONE in my guild was experiencing the issue at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2015
    I'd just like to clarify, that in MOST cases it is in-fact a regional hub or circumstance outside PWE's control, but int his particular instance EVERYONE in my guild was experiencing the issue at the same time.
    For the East Coast servers during TW times, it's a combination of the international hub in LA and PWE. I took some data during Saturday night's battles and was getting about 70% packet loss at LA, 30-ish% at PWE's ISP, and back up to 70% at the server. (off the top of my head. will most the exact data later.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    For the East Coast servers during TW times, it's a combination of the international hub in LA and PWE. I took some data during Saturday night's battles and was getting about 70% packet loss at LA, 30-ish% at PWE's ISP, and back up to 70% at the server. (off the top of my head. will most the exact data later.)

I'm West Coast, PST, playing LC server.
    I wasn't experiencing the issue at 20:00 EST.

I'm in California literally a drive away from the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2015
    I'm West Coast, PST, playing LC server.
    I wasn't experiencing the issue at 20:00 EST.

I'm in California literally a drive away from the server.

You're probably skipping the LA hub then, and I was only pinging the one IP address I was hitting while I was in TW. last time this was happening, it was only affecting people on the maps that are on the same server as the TW maps.

EDIT: Looks like it was 100% Loss at the LA hub, 3.85% loss at the San Jose hub, no loss at PWE's ISP, and 30.77% packet loss at PWE's WAN connection.
    Results Image
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Clearly this is not an isolated incident.

PWE where are you?

Still licking windows?
    Short bus break down?
    You still a few french fries short of a Happy Meal?
    Still knitting with only one needle?
    Did the cheese slide off your crackers?

I swear to god there is a few too many lights out in PWE Christmas tree.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    okay, the mysterious regional hub is located and isolated. how much effort would it take to do some calls and solve the issue? more effort than kicking out half of neverwinters crew?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    okay, the mysterious regional hub is located and isolated. how much effort would it take to do some calls and solve the issue? more effort than kicking out half of neverwinters crew?

Neverwinter crew has nothing to do with it.
    Also, since it's a hub: List of points
    Go look there which hubs are in LA and give them a call then, I suppose.

For anyone interested in why you could be lagging and how internet works (on a very visual scale), consider the distance it would have to travel, and where it has to go through to get to the destination by taking a look at this map.

Then realize how prone your connection is when connecting abroad.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    30% packetloss on internal PWE WAN

3 0 %

thirty percent

t h i r t y p e r c e n t

T H I R T Y P E R C E N T

1 command out of three won't go through

30% less damage from skills

auto-attacks OP, sins OP

sins use daggers

daggers have a triangular shaped blade

triangular shape, illuminati confirmed
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Neverwinter crew has nothing to do with it.
    Also, since it's a hub: List of points
    Go look there which hubs are in LA and give them a call then, I suppose.

For anyone interested in why you could be lagging and how internet works (on a very visual scale), consider the distance it would have to travel, and where it has to go through to get to the destination by taking a look at this map.

Then realize how prone your connection is when connecting abroad.

Well if nothing is done with the information, there is no use in obtaining it or researching how the internet works. Might as well have SweetieBot post pictures then.

SweetieBot can you please show me a funny dog?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iperen wrote: »

SweetieBot can you please show me a funny dog?
    Sure, no problem.

Image of a funny dog?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That was fantastic SweetieBot. Nice response!

The lag issue was insane on HT according to my faction mates. I was not online; however, every faction experienced extreme dc issues where they could not log back in for over an hour during TW. One faction that was defending several attacks did not apparently face such severe issues and managed to defend all attacks, because the dc issue prevented the attackers from logging in. This server issue forced factions to waste bid money, players to waste coin on charms and such, and generated results in TW that would not have been the case without it.

Fix yo **** pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gracehana - Heavens Tear
    Gracehana - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The lag issue was insane on HT according to my faction mates. I was not online; however, every faction experienced extreme dc issues where they could not log back in for over an hour during TW. One faction that was defending several attacks did not apparently face such severe issues and managed to defend all attacks, because the dc issue prevented the attackers from logging in. This server issue forced factions to waste bid money, players to waste coin on charms and such, and generated results in TW that would not have been the case without it.

Fix yo **** pwi.

Believe or not; this 'one faction that was defending several attacks' was also having the very same issue just like everyone else on HT server. My squad was running without a cleric and an archer for first 30-40 minutes because they could not log back on after they've dc-ed.
    Almost everyone in my faction have dced at least once ( i myself as well had to slam my keyboard 50 times to land one purge :/)- so blaming lag/etc for losing the TW is quite inappropriate ijs( at least for HT server* b:chuckle), especially when you are on the side with 3 other factions to gang up on one faction to attack
    that's just some dc out of 320 ppl (maximum) against us.
    b:thanks

however i do agree with the lag issue-

Would appreciate if PWI look into this issue and make sure it won't happen again :)

Ty b:bye
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Fix yo **** pwi.

ROFLMAO

Oh god, you're killing me.
    Listen here son, the result would've been the same without lag, and trust me we had plenty of dcs (I myself dced completely from Arc and couldn't even log into arc -I'd get a "login time out- kinda message for at least 30 minutes if not more) and my whole squad was dealing with 6k + ping. So please stop justifying the losses with lag, it was the same for everybody, we're just the better faction in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Fix yo **** pwi.

Excuse me for a second while I laugh.. HA HA HA HA HA
    Nice April fools joke b:laugh b:thanks

My whole squad dced about 6 times, and I am in said faction.

But again, nice try for an April fools joke.

Pitty it's a bad one.

p.s.
    #Believe
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.