what character starting place would u prefer?

perfectbeltz
perfectbeltz Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
AS THE TITLE SAYS what character starting place would u prefer?
Post edited by perfectbeltz on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like the new starting zone personally. The quests were easy, enjoyable, and plentiful enough to get to level 30 before heading to Arch
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since I'm a vet I tend to like the main map better because all! Your doing anyways in the new areas is lvling up fast to get the hell out of it.So as a apt maker I rather just take it to a location and just kill mobs for a few min to get it to 30 than playing 3+ hours to get it to 30.Why even worry about the new areas anyways because once your out your out and forget about it.

How bout remake the whole map instead?
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are too many races now, and every starter area for each class was empty for years. Now the new, united one is crowded (at least at weekends) and show new people that there are also others newbies around. Would be nice if they would make in-game tutors which help new people. I would give those people a unique "Tutor" title and pay them with 2 gold per hour. Won't happen of course.
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The new starter area is pretty and all, but i do miss the fact that all the low level noob quests in the surrounding area of your race's home city are pretty much gone forever now. When i started playing you begin your adventure in that simlipfied version of primal world. After i left it was alot of fun roaming the wilderness around Lost city with my veno completing those like lvl 20 and under quests. Its a simple pleasure but i enjoyed it a whole lot more than farming gear sometimes. Now most of the time i just feel jaded. despite the new area's visual appeal to me it didnt hold the uniqueness that being in your race's starting area did. I like to get into the role playing aspect, which i think alot of people forgot mmo's are about too, and starting as anything but a nightshade in the new area doesn't feel right in that regard.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The new starter area is pretty and all, but i do miss the fact that all the low level noob quests in the surrounding area of your race's home city are pretty much gone forever now. When i started playing you begin your adventure in that simlipfied version of primal world. After i left it was alot of fun roaming the wilderness around Lost city with my veno completing those like lvl 20 and under quests. Its a simple pleasure but i enjoyed it a whole lot more than farming gear sometimes. Now most of the time i just feel jaded. despite the new area's visual appeal to me it didnt hold the uniqueness that being in your race's starting area did. I like to get into the role playing aspect, which i think alot of people forgot mmo's are about too, and starting as anything but a nightshade in the new area doesn't feel right in that regard.

+1 I agree!
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I understand why they start all classes in celestial vale. How fair is it for two classes to have a manicured quest chain to level you when the other classes do not?

Too much time and effort to innovate the old classes when you can save time and money and plunk them all in a place they dont really belong....

It was fun to check it all out but yeah. We do not belong there.

And so long old fb19s.

Out of curiosity how do mystics now get their skills? Do they have to fly on 1 m/s speed flyers to visit the mage?
  • eland20
    eland20 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i like the design of the area, but since february the area seems totally dead to me.
    in general Harshlands server lose more and more people, i see everyday more people who want to leave the server to go to EU-Server because of Lag-Spikes. The unbalanced pvp doesnt help a pvp server either.

anyway the new area is nice but useless, like most of the pwi content became useless after nation wars was introduced. useless/worthless content make the world dead. thats simply is it....
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like the new area, it's more balanced and convenient time/exp gaining wise. I liked old starting area of the initial 3 races, but TB and EG were a pain to lvl from the scratch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • eyebegrindin
    eyebegrindin Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not really a fan of this "everyone starts in the same place" thing. especialy with the quests being as easy as they are. it would make more sense to me if the quests were harder and more or less required you to work together with the other races and form parties with classes you likely wouldnt have worked with untill you made it to arch.

i mean... i can't exactily remember how many there were but more than a few of the quests were "use this action emote that serves absolutly no purpose and will likely be forgotten about in 10 seconds" i understand it encouraging rp and stuff but hardly any, if any at all, people pay much attention to the storyline, let alone put any effort into rp.