Help with bypassing Arc and launcher

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Support Desk
So I read about how to bypass the launcher, and especially arc on this post
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21503211&postcount=7 but im pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because when I try to do what's stated, i get the folder blablabla specified in the Start In box is not valid. Make sure the folder exists and that the path is correct. Ok I KNOW I'm doing something wrong so could someone PLEASE explain this to me like they're talking to a complete moron? Despite gaming for years I have pretty much no knowledge of computers whatsoever, so some help would be greatly appreciated, and again, please give instructions as if you're talking to a moron.

Side note, on the same thread mentions something called Razor game booster, tried to download it, but gives a "page not found" message when it goes to begin download, anyone know if this is worth DLing? and if so where I can DL it?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forget about any game boosters. As far as I know this software won't help you much for this game. To start PWI without Arc you need to make a shortcut to elementclient.exe and use the command startbypatcher.

You will see something like: "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

If you want to run 2 clients (we aren't allowed to use more) just use your shortcut twice.

Also if want to play "windowed" with both pwi screens refreshing then you should add another command: console:1

Your shortcut would show something like: "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher console:1

Inside the game you need to use ~ (on most keyboards you need to press shift + `). Then copy/paste the following command: d_rendernofocus

Hope this help you a bit.
  • Rafael - Harshlands
    Rafael - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If all your trying to do is play without Arc on the background you could also kill Arc process (Ctrl-Alt-Del) once you have logged into game and carry on from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rtmira wrote: »
    Forget about any game boosters. As far as I know this software won't help you much for this game. To start PWI without Arc you need to make a shortcut to elementclient.exe and use the command startbypatcher.

You will see something like: "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

If you want to run 2 clients (we aren't allowed to use more) just use your shortcut twice.

Also if want to play "windowed" with both pwi screens refreshing then you should add another command: console:1

Your shortcut would show something like: "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher console:1

Inside the game you need to use ~ (on most keyboards you need to press shift + `). Then copy/paste the following command: d_rendernofocus

Hope this help you a bit.

Would like to reiterate to please explain this to me like you're talking to a moron, I know the words you using but not to apply them. Where do I add this line of code? What do I need to open up? Which line do I type this in? Do I have to do anything after I hit confirm? Again, pretty much 0 knowledge of computers and I'm very easily confused when given more than one option to perform whatever task I need to do.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If all your trying to do is play without Arc on the background you could also kill Arc process (Ctrl-Alt-Del) once you have logged into game and carry on from there.

Why should we start Arc first if we don't want to use it? Shortcut is much easier: doubleclick and play! No need to start taskmanager and 'kill' Arc for it.

Now for a reply to demansfairy (hope to keep it as simple as possible):

1. First find the program elementclient.exe.
    Use Windows Explorer (shortcut= "Windows-flag" + "E")
    2. using a normal installation doubleclick on C:,
    3. doubleclick on Program Files or if you have a 64bit version Program Files (x86),
    4. doubleclick on Perfect World Entertainment
    5. doubleclick on PWI_en
    6. doubleclick on element
    7. rightclick on elementclient.exe
    8. choose for: copy to
    9. choose desktop 'make shortcut'
    10. close Windows Explorer
    11. copy the following text (select it and press CTRL + C) : startbypatcher console:1

On your desktop you will find a shortcut to elementclient.exe

12. rightclick on the shortcut
    13. choose settings
    14. in the shortcut tab you see target. Inside there's most part of the text you need:
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe"
    However if you don't use the other commands Arc would start too
    15. Set the cursor at the end of the target (so behind elementclient.exe")
    16. press once on the spacebar
    17. press CTRL + V
    You will now see "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher console:1
    18. Press OK

Now you're done and can start PWI without Arc. You need Arc only if you want to redeem a code like for the Jones & O'Malley's blessing -> 75HtYCE6 OR to update PWI once per week (unless you download the update manually). You can also start PWI and don't need to use taskmanager to close Arc.

edit: will try to send you a link to a pre-made shortcut (for 64bit versions): it only can be downloaded once. Much easier than above.
  • typical69
    typical69 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    or u can just do it the easy way and open the folder pwi is in, open the launcher folder and delete arcsdk.dll file before u start the game every time (not if u wanna open a 2nd window u will have to delete arcsdk.dll again but after that should be fine to open a 3rd one just in case 1 crashes cause itll fail the update at that point and wont redownload the file) gotta delete same file every time it gets redownloaded so check every time u open pwi but its worth it cause no more arc XD also on a side note arc always stays running in the background........well at least the main process does so u cant completely close it once started and linked with pwi
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Holy Necro!

Also, your method fails every time the client updates. If you add the argument, you don't have to worry about that. This is fully covered in my Sticky thread.

/Closed​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.