how to use spark skills effectively as a mystic

perfectbeltz
perfectbeltz Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Mystic
as the title says i wanna kno about its effective uses and some various situations and combos or anything else in-game related to spark which will be effective for a mystic

thx in advanceb:victory
Post edited by perfectbeltz on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    as the title says i wanna kno about its effective uses and some various situations and combos or anything else in-game related to spark which will be effective for a mystic

thx in advanceb:victory

What do you want to know exactly and is your question more about PVE or PVP.

My opinion is that the use of triple spark for mystics is probably more useful than for other classes. Because basically we don't have a lot of useful skills that require two or even one spark(s) and you can deal a lot of damage by spamming quick skills under triple spark effect.
    Another very good point for us is that you can mix it with rapid growth or mistress leech and this will be a very good multiplier.
    In PVE situation this is the best way to deal damage and you should just spark as soon as possible.
    For PVP it's more complex because you might want to use thicket or sublime transfusion, or just wait for the good timing (but then this is situationnal and hard to explain) and also because triple sparking is not very... discreet...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah basically what Zoldi said is correct. For maximum damage over time in pve, you should only be spending chi on triple spark. It might seem like it would make more sense to rapid growth or leech storm mistress or chiyu, but it's going to slow down your overall dps. Using Rapid Growth puts you 30 chi farther away from triple sparking a second time, 60 chi farther from triple sparking a third time, etc. etc.

Burst damage is another matter, if your squad wants to kill a boss in one spark, then go ahead and rapid growth and lucky break.

For PVP, you're not always going to have three sparks. So you'll need to make use of your other chi skills. Thicket is a fantastic control skill against targets you can't kill by yourself, and it wrecks archers and sins. Sublime Transfusion does double duty in keeping you alive while contributing to the death of your target.

I primarily use Gaia's Blessing when I need to move around and do something while still keeping my self and squad healed. For example, in TW when my catabarb dies I'll drop Gaia's Blessing. Then I can move in close to the barb and rebuff him with Verdant Blessing, then retreat.

Rapid Growth and Lucky Break are for when you see a group of enemies clustered together with a big sign over their heads saying "Please use Swirling Mist on us!"

Speaking of that, you just got ganked in NW and have rez buff on? Get up, Rapid Growth/Lucky Break/Gale Force and there will be a nice collection of bodies around you.
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only time you should triple in PvP is if their before and apoths are on cd when you have the chi, or against someone tanky who spams nullify poison. Usually only after you sleep then, so you can set up a lock during your spark.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    PvE i personally i like to build up 4 sparks (3sparks and 99 chi to be specific -.-) and then:
    Spark > Rapid Growth > Swirling Mist > Lucky Break > Storm Dance > Bramble Tornado > Spam Natures Vengeance and if target close pop in Gale Force since channel also quick
    Or
    Spark > Cloud Eruption (genie skill) > Rapid Growth >Energy Leech (usually Storm Mistress) > and continue with DD...(can also pop Befuddling Creeper > Lysing to drop mag defense a bit while still under Rapid Growth.)
    PvP just like previous posts i like to keep chi for Thicket, Gale Force , Bramble Tornado, Listless Blossom, Rapid Growth. And i usually spark in NW if i see someone OP that simple damage is not enough and well, just situational. But sparking in NW (maybe in TW too i don't know never did TW) just attract really unwanted attention because people see you spark and they very likely to prioritize you as a threat and will try to stun,sleep,kill you ASAP or just leg it and come back once your spark is finished.So if sparking then do that if getting ganked and things looking bit dicey.
    Or 1 really fun use of spark:
    There was tower battle (or whatever it's called in NW forgot~) and there was none there but me against like 10 people and all are killing towers on our side so i built up full chi flied above them dropped somewhere in middle of them > Triple spark > Absolute Domain (genie skill) > Rapid Growth > And let the fun begin >:)
    Also Like CapnK pointed out After getting killed and ressurrecting use rapid and gale with lucky break, i love when people just stand around not going anywhere xD
    Had this sin use stealth and stay thinking when i will get up will kill me again....Wrong! i have Espionage potion but Mystical Eye works too sneaky ****~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~