New Caster Class vs Other AA

Options
mulier
mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Hi there,

as the title kinda tells, this was gonna be an open invite to ppl disussing the likes of the new class comparing to the existing caster classes we already got in the game.

How does it feel - comparing different armor tiers?

g16?
r9? ( i know the r9 mold does not drop as of yet for new class)

any input or disussion greatly appreciated b:laugh
Post edited by mulier on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We discussed mystic versus the two new classes here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1745781

tldr version: mystic should beat stormbringer but other classes will have some trouble with them.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    thx for the link, i did enjoy the read :)
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    wizzy has no trouble unless geared dookie. ijs
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My veno has yet to encounter a problem fighting stormbringers but I get the feeling that this is due to lack of gear/cultivation/spirit on their part rather than their class being weak.

I look forward to the time I can fight a r9rr Astral X 40/40 A card stormy so I can see just how good they are! b:pleased
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As a veno I too have not had much trouble with the new classes in PK situations (aka NW).
    Haven't seen that many DBs, but as far as the SBs go, even if I can't necessarily kill them outright because I'm being assaulted by other people simultaneously that cause greater threat, they don't themselves do that much damage to me that even if it was 1v1 I would worry about them killing me first.
    Can't say 100% for sure whether that is going to stay the same when other DBs and SBs are completely equal to my particular over all defense/offense status. In the end though I feel the SBs in particular will have an advantage, not necessarily to win, but to perhaps escape from death, which over all in some cases is more advantageous anyway especially if your goal isn't to max kills, but to just plain ol' stay alive (which in most cases is what I prefer anyway).

In a slight tangent, I wanted to mention a thought I had after playing a DB for a while; I think PWI missed an opportunity with that class. I feel they should have made a lot more of their skills dependent on having low HP, turning them into more a "berserker" class rather than a seeker/sin hybrid. Maybe my situation is not the same as other DB players, but I find that I maintain a "less than 50%" heath meter a lot, and it occurred to me that so far PWI doesn't have a class that benefits from having a low health bar regularly.
    I know I know, hp charms yadda yadda, don't care 'bout yo hp charms ya'll, just thinkin bout interesting game mechanics.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In a slight tangent, I wanted to mention a thought I had after playing a DB for a while; I think PWI missed an opportunity with that class. I feel they should have made a lot more of their skills dependent on having low HP, turning them into more a "berserker" class rather than a seeker/sin hybrid. Maybe my situation is not the same as other DB players, but I find that I maintain a "less than 50%" heath meter a lot, and it occurred to me that so far PWI doesn't have a class that benefits from having a low health bar regularly.

I know this is clearly offtopic, but the problem with your idea is the same as for this specific skill barb that can be use only below 50% HP ---> if you use a charm (which is almost mandatory to be a real factor in PVP) then it's almost useless.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lucario! Oh wait... this isn't Smash Bros b:laugh
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know I know, hp charms yadda yadda, don't care 'bout yo hp charms ya'll, just thinkin bout interesting game mechanics.

Speaking as a cleric player, this would make my job as a healer more difficult. Not just keep everyone's hp topped up, and purified, but also allow the DB to maintain a low hp threshold. DB's would hate me, because I am going to heal them well beyond the 50% hp threshold. Also, clerics with higher magic attack would have a harder time keeping a DB at low hp, as they don't need so many spell casts to refill a person's hp.

I'd really rather not be blamed for healing the DB and lowering their attack damage, and for being the DB's cause of death via lack of heals.

Not meaning to bash you. Just my perspective on it. (Plus my 2 AOE heals and the situations that I deem best to use them, might be found disagreeable to the DB, who was planning to use this berserker skill.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)