PvP Discussion

RSully - Heavens Tear
RSully - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Wizard
I hope this won't turn into another QQ thread. Yeah, we've been screwed over, but I still play in spite of it. So what I hope to do is gather strategy from the minds of other wizards. Any PvP instance, PK, as long as it involves what you are doing to work around the nerfs and still be competitive as possible. I'm self taught, mostly, and new to PvP so I want to ask some questions of the more experienced wizards here.

1.)Blnding Blaze - It looks good, costs a spark, and I admittedly rarely touch it. When do you all use it the most?

2.)Badge of Courage vs. Fortify - I still use a 100 dex genie, Badge is fairly reliable, but terrible in group PvP when stuns are flying at you from every angle. Is Fortify a better option?

3.)Elemental Shell - I use it fighting other mages, try to time it when I see them channeling. It has stopped a few crit deaths, how does it work for y'all?

4.)Rushing Archers - Unless I have a Sutra ready to go, I can't keep them still long enough at close range to be super effective. Any thoughts?

5.)Ice Prison - Like BB, it's very situational, so I rarely use it.

6.)Opening skill - Undine and then? I test poke and decide what to throw next if I don't know the person I'm fighting. I've been rotating SR, FF, and sometimes a combo of Sandfall + CoF. That last combo is a pretty good DOT stack, especially if the other person is EP'd.

These are just a few to get it started. Feel free to add to, or tackle any of these. Let's please try to be positive, in spite of the frustration of playing wizard class. I look forward to hearing from you all.

b:victory

Edit: Current Build http://mypers.pw/1.6/#92884
"Speak softly, carry a big Crit"

--Teddy Wizevelt
Post edited by RSully - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1. way too situational (flag maps)
    2. if you get paralyzed both of them won't help, i'd suggest wind shield\AFA to have sustain and gain time for your purify to proc, also i ll be very wary using fortify nowadays with this 70k base damage psys\clerics\mystics around
    3. amazing skill, spam it
    4. yup rush them, eventho on full buffs they will be hard to take down
    5. amazing skill, especially in mass pvp probably the current best skill of wizard skillset
    6. undine gush pyro sr cof
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    4.)Rushing Archers - Unless I have a Sutra ready to go, I can't keep them still long enough at close range to be super effective. Any thoughts?

5.)Ice Prison - Like BB, it's very situational, so I rarely use it.

Edit: Current Build http://mypers.pw/1.6/#92884

i dont wizard but from watching others in tw i think you just answered your own question b:cute
  • RSully - Heavens Tear
    RSully - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    i dont wizard but from watching others in tw i think you just answered your own question b:cute

LOL, no, it was more about keeping them still. I know to rush them, but they slippery, maybe even more so than a wizard at times. I was just trying to see if there were some tricks I wasn't already using.
    1. way too situational (flag maps)
    2. if you get paralyzed both of them won't help, i'd suggest wind shield\AFA to have sustain and gain time for your purify to proc, also i ll be very wary using fortify nowadays with this 70k base damage psys\clerics\mystics around
    3. amazing skill, spam it
    4. yup rush them, eventho on full buffs they will be hard to take down
    5. amazing skill, especially in mass pvp probably the current best skill of wizard skillset
    6. undine gush pyro sr cof

Thanks a bunch for replying, I've watched a lot of your TW vids btw. I will try to incorporate IP into the mix a bit more. I have AfA on my genie now and have used Windshield in the past. I suppose I still fear the slight bump in damage at the end, but what you say makes sense. I've wasted energy on Badge many times and failed to see I'm paralyzed and now have even less genie to work with.

As far as the new shields go, how are you implementing them in PvP? I will usually switch to fire just before aoe'ing a group, or if I can sneak in Demon Spark on a Cata barb. Which shield do you prefer to wear when you fight other AA classes?
    "Speak softly, carry a big Crit"

--Teddy Wizevelt
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks a bunch for replying, I've watched a lot of your TW vids btw. I will try to incorporate IP into the mix a bit more. I have AfA on my genie now and have used Windshield in the past. I suppose I still fear the slight bump in damage at the end, but what you say makes sense. I've wasted energy on Badge many times and failed to see I'm paralyzed and now have even less genie to work with.

As far as the new shields go, how are you implementing them in PvP? I will usually switch to fire just before aoe'ing a group, or if I can sneak in Demon Spark on a Cata barb. Which shield do you prefer to wear when you fight other AA classes?

glad to help ^^

mhh on a dex genie both afa and wind shield gain benefits from the dex build, by the time the "bump in damage" comes up your purify should be up, and if you are still paralyzed well you are pretty much dead anyways

i cant really share my opinion on implementing the new shields, cause i am very often hate-targeted focused etch, so i need to camp SB, but i believe flame shield is viable when going all in 3spark blade tempest
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg