Alts in FSP

Slewdem - Dreamweaver
Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
How do you guys feel about spliting stuff at the end of runs.. Example if a book drops an pages do you guys feel is right that people with 3+ alts in squad should be alllowed to remain in squad during splitting and randoming?
I have a feeling that there will be a few who will talk about pages not really nothing to talk about..But if that the case why still wan have alts in squad to share pages amogst your self if pages are not a big deal... And for those who feel like they do more work with their alts than others in the squad, why not solo the instance yourself if that the case.. Cause at the end of the day the others in the squad are still helping you get you an your alts done the same time to be less time taken on you to do multi runs to get all your toons delt with.
Bahamas represent
Post edited by Slewdem - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not happy with it?
    dont allow multi-ers in squad
    kick and pk if they lie about it
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    not happy with it?
    dont allow multi-ers in squad
    kick and pk if they lie about it

That's all?? I wish pwi would make it where only 2 account per instance per IP, oh how thatwould put a dent in things lolol.. Matter of fact am talking about splitting an randoming
    Bahamas represent
  • Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver
    Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't mind alts in party. Most time i kick my own alts for random books or pages. But lets be honest, my alts have better gear than many ppl that join, like some 4k hp sins. I also form my own fsp, so who joins already knows will have my alt and my in game hubby's alts too.
    edited March 2015
    I think its easy, if you are forming, you already say alts won't get drops, so if they join, they will already know. If you join someone else fsp, then u just accept what the person who formed think about.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    I don't mind alts in party. Most time i kick my own alts for random books or pages. But lets be honest, my alts have better gear than many ppl that join, like some 4k hp sins. I also form my own fsp, so who joins already knows will have my alt and my in game hubby's alts too.

That's cool... i kick my alt when it time to rndom an share as well cause at the end of the day i feel the rest in squad helped me save time by getting my alt done in one run... So i dnt see the need to try take more drop from a squad..

Matter of fact i don't think alts should get any drops at all because it's one person.. That's just me
    Bahamas represent
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't know which is worse: alts getting drops or the ones with no alts being killed before picking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My multiclient level is over 9000 ;)

I dont really mind whenever people only want to give me one split from pages, I leave it up to the squadlead, as I would already have told them when I asked to join that I would like to bring alt.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Like alice said we always take our alts in fsp and i normally do the splitting so say we get 8 pages i say "8 pages grab one if you want one" and me and my alt/alice alt doesnt pick one up.If there is upto say 16 same goes but i say pick up a spare if you want one and me n my alt get one....
    If there is 17-20 i spread people out and all get 2 each ..17/18/19 i dont take one etc.

As for books i would leave them both in since even thou im on both toons there both doing there respective jobs i can play one and let the other do a macro set just like if someone was playing it.
    Now on the other hand if you have someone with an alt that has like 4-6khp and just standing there doing nothing then they shouldnt be in any split and if i had my way (cough cough alice) i would boot anyone with less than 6khp they obviously are ****
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Don't know which is worse: alts getting drops or the ones with no alts being killed before picking.

b:laugh
    Bahamas represent
    edited March 2015
    I am too nice to kick ppl just because they have low hp b:surrender
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    I am too nice to kick ppl just because they have low hp b:surrender

think about it this way "you are too nice" to... punish the rest of the squad
    edited March 2015
    LoL yeah, but i think everyone wants to play and get stuff done. If we never let weak ppl join, they won't ever be strong b:surrender
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    LoL yeah, but i think everyone wants to play and get stuff done. If we never let weak ppl join, they won't ever be strong b:surrender

most of those 4k hp RA1 toons (especially sins) are alts, they will never get stronger, people made them ra1 for fsp only and will never invest in them more

sometimes "everyone wants to play"

sometimes "everyone wants to be in a non shtty squad" (and not wait 10 minutes on people dieing all the time

edit: i meant to say theyre not just alt but they were former DQ bot alts, or free friend account alts, peopel have zero desire to upgrade those toons, just use and abuse to feed their main, they will be full C cards forevar.
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I only let alts split if it's the tank or ep. You are already getting coins from FSP so it's not like they are getting nothing.
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    most of those 4k hp RA1 toons (especially sins) are alts, they will never get stronger, people made them ra1 for fsp only and will never invest in them more

sometimes "everyone wants to play"

sometimes "everyone wants to be in a non shtty squad" (and not wait 10 minutes on people dieing all the time

real talk..

That what i shall start doing low HP without a good main in squad i shall start kicking them from now
    Bahamas represent
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015

FS is for reawakend characters only. You should better not become reborn if you have just non-sharded, non-refined lvl 8/9x gear and weapon. I would even feel bad if I wouldn't have at least a full g16/+5 set on my alt or if I would be too lazy to grab a blessing. I would rather farm mats and herbs for a few weeks than begging for help/money. I would be ashamed if I would leech on others. But maybe that's just a cultural thing.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do the exact same thing as alice/others do/does, except I generally do not form... though i will on occasion, and I haven't ever left an alt in squad for drops/randoms.

--

That being said I can see why it would annoy you if someone has that many alts in on an fsp and they stay for drops. Sadly un less you can kill the people who you know are doing it/wont kill you for doing it... unless your squad lead/banker you can't really do much about it 'safely.' xD

It really doesn't matter how much the drops are worth, its more the principle of it, it really does seem like nothing more than greed/selfish thinking... or at least that is the perception with the people who do leave alts in squad for drops/randoms.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    It really doesn't matter how much the drops are worth, its more the principle of it, it really does seem like nothing more than greed/selfish thinking... or at least that is the perception with the people who do leave alts in squad for drops/randoms.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!
    Bahamas represent
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pretty much why I dislike doing FSP at all, really. Too many people alt drag who suck at it, or alt drag and have them stand outside doing jack all, while still taking drops for them.

I've done dual client once or twice, usually when a cleric is needed with my SB. Thing is, both characters run well on macro, and are geared to a good degree. But when it came for splits, I still bowed my cleric out just because I couldn't really say they were played at max efficiency.

And if it's an amazing tank who deals huge damage while allowing my character to unload full blast for a really quick run all around, I also don't care if they have an alt or two standing around. Because it's the **** play that annoys me, not just the greed. And if someone is that geared/skilled to still make it fast, I'm all for it.

But as an example, there's a veno that doesn't do much in there, mostly just purge spam. They have a damage ceiling from not being able to go all out even with amazing gear, and didn't steal agro on even the non-toad bosses. Nothing exceptional about their play, but they drag along 2 or 3 alts that stand outside aoe range doing nothing.

That's the type I have the issue with. Instead of getting useful people, the squad suffers so they can feed their greed. That's not even counting the people who advertise at toad, but logged in alts to grab the first quest real quick and made it so people miss out on the first 2 coins.

For me, I'm more interested in getting to the point where I can solo it, and just avoid all that hassle. Have every combo executed at the right times, for maximum damage output. All drops to me, no hassles. And I can speed log alts on for maxing out the NPC quest turn-ins, even without getting the advanced bonus on all of them.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    It really doesn't matter how much the drops are worth, its more the principle of it, it really does seem like nothing more than greed/selfish thinking... or at least that is the perception with the people who do leave alts in squad for drops/randoms.

Exactly!![/QUOTE]

really its not the drops so much for me, its the fact that alts in a squad slow it down [ there are extremely few people that are pro multiclienters, but yes there are some] last one to a boss by a longshot? on facebook or multiing likely, death from last boss? prolly multing (or facebook or w.e), horribly timed debuffs? nubcake or multier, all the previous things combined? cactus based rectal exam proposed.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only times I drag an alt into FSP is when the squad needs either a cleric or tank for frog. I got both, so I offer them if there's no response to WC calls. I do idle them afterward since I can't multi worth a damn - so generally I won't do it, especially in FSP (BH EU and such are another matter)

Thing that pisses me off most in FSP is when people who can't multi worth a damn -don't- park their alt at Succubus and end up causing delays as half the squad wipes due to a failed stand together or stand apart phase. Would rather do Succu with 9 or 8 people then redo it a dozen times with the whole squad.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Depends on the alt. If it's geared well and you played it just as well as a single person would have (Aka, never stopped DPS, didn't leave it in the hall at succubus etc etc) then you should be entitled to get a split on that alt. You lost durability on your gear just as much as anyone else in the squad did, you did just as much damage if not more than some of the other players in the squad.

If you're in noob gear and just a leech (Never return to DPS after stun on toad, sit in hall at succubus or just have low gear in general) then no, just be thankful you got your *** dragged through the instance and don't take a split.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ALTS IN FSP?? THE HORROR!!! IS THAT FOR REAL???

joke joke...

Ok personally as some of u may have realized i tend to do many runs and take alts in fsp. Since i have many toons in same account they all share gear, so my alts have decent/good gear and always DD on bosses, never leech

About drops, since i form this are my rules:
    Alts dont get split on books, all kicked for random
    Pages depends on number and alts, if im the only one with alt, alt wont get cut, if there are many from diff people and number rounds even probably. But i always do this, even split, rest to floor and whoever wants an extra picks.

So far, noone complained on my alts, runs or splits so i must be doing something good
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Me personally take my sin with my BM to fsp but sin dnt do a **** cause i can't duel play.... But i feel my BM makes up for what my sin does not do in there.. But there are those who carry 3+ alts a time an not even one that very decently geared to make up, but stil be looking forward to getting drop or random books...

Running with a squad 1 dc half squad also leaves.. Maybe it could be that all of them had bad internet connection at the same time to log right back right after the otherb:chuckle
    Bahamas represent
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just kick the alts from squad when its time to random.
    For pages i never worrried much. I always just announce how many pages there are total and then run around dropping them 1 by 1 so everyone can get their share if they want to (most dont even care to pick em up so the last few who stay in the instance because they do care can share em among eachother.

For the playing in FSP i never really make a problem of people bringing alts although people should understand what is reasonable for themselves. My BM buddy is a god at dual clienting, he duals his R9 BM and cleric and noone will even notice he is dual clienting, he can carry the squad by himself with his cleric and his BM tanking. Who can have a problem with that ? If however you are considering to bring 2 G15 toons and you suck at dual clienting, then its better you ask first if people mind you being useless on 2 toons.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If someone brings an alt that just follows, then it would be fair to consider the two are only one person when you share the drops (or loto)
    If the guy manages to really play the two at same time on all bosses then it's opened to discussion.

But well... there is only one truth : your squad, your rules, as long as the rules are clear for everyone at the beginning and everyone agreed to the terms. In any case this is not something that must be controlled by PWE in my opinion.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    my alts always take its fair share since everyone is a weakling compared to me and my alts. its not fair when im doing all the work i dont even... b:angry
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Depends on the alt.

I hate dual clienting in general because i'm too lazy to move 2 toons around at the same time, but if I MUST bring my barb to tank toad, then tough luck for those who don't like it when he stays during the split.

Regardless, that is if anyone actually even stays anymore for the split, since most people now just outright leave the instance.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • diegudrun
    diegudrun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Depends. Sometimes a person that multiclients does more work and helps the squad more than someone that doesn't multiclient at all. Someone that purges/amps and hf > someone with just one undergeared toon that keeps dying to aoe.
    People that do multiclient usually do it for the fs coins to get cards/packs faster, in my experience they thend to ignore pages completely.
    But there is the issue of the rare books. in that case it should be split among persons (no matter how useful or useless they were during the run), but some people are really great at multicienting, so you can't even tell sometimes.

Imo it would be best if the multiclienters would form their own squads, with each 2 toons e.g. :)

Generally, i would say we have much greater issues to complain about: the support, bugs, incorrect translations, incomplete expansions, incomplete patches, still broken events, decline in population.
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    talking about splitting drops :o

One time, my friend asked me to help them withe their fsp run. They were stucked at toad, they were bunch of g16 and below. They needed a tank. I done my fsp when it resets and i don't get any reward for doing it again. But i joined and helped them through the whole run. What a coincidence, a book dropped. At the end of the run, the squad leader said "you don't get to random the book for staying to help". b:surrender Not even a page :O

Another time, not Fsp but Lunar in the past
    a random person from my buddy list asked me to help them with their bh Lunar. Their cleric left after bh Boss. They were all dead when i joined the squad. Their corpses were almost at the end of the path when i got there. Must've been a failed pull i assumedb:shutup, that was why he was begging me so hard to help them out. It was during 2x drops, so 2 EoD dropped. And they said "sorry you don't get to random for the EoD for helping" This person later removed me from buddy list b:surrender

i'll never be nice again b:angry
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)