My 3rd month Anniversity of my SB

dat1guyy
dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
I know it is not the best and I am aware of more powerful farmers than me but I wanted to show you guys my progress of my 100% farmed SB in the last 3 months.

PW Calc: http://mypers.pw/1.5/#91015

Youtube Gear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Squ4xTDF4Rc

I've been farming about for 4 months now on it (farmed a month ahead before the Eclipse Expansion) and this class is already looking great! In no means am I trying to boast, I just thought the community would like to see more videos and aspects of the new class in action. I just most recently found all my armor molds in FW after the patch as of 3/11 and reroll each gear for a decent roll (which I am trying to refine to +7 before using orbs). The Emperor tome, Sky Cover ring and NW Cube neck originally came from my rrr9 cleric as they are still tradeable and not bound yet. After I farm the rest of my SOWs for my recast rank 9 ring and refines I will make future PVP videos on my SB. b:cute

Also tips on where or what I should work on next are welcomed. Right now I am stuck whether to go for channel stones in my rrr9 weapon over Icebourn. I can't decide again whether I want the extra 2000 base magic attack or the extra -6 channeling...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    emperor and g16 cube aswell in 3 months?b:sadb:sad
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mulier wrote: »
    emperor and g16 cube aswell in 3 months?b:sadb:sad

2 things I could thing:

either he cash shopped a bit which is ok cause his money= he does what he wants with his money.
    Or he had a R9r3 main already that farmed the gear for his SB.
    giphy.gif

• dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    My mistake, my emperor, nw cube neck, and sky cover ring were originally from my cleric, and farming those plus his rrr9+10 took me way longer like 10 months last year. Since gold has dropped from 3.5 to around 2.7 now, this toon's gear was faster to obtain. If you note my cleric gear video, he has the same 3 items as well.

That was my fault, I forgot and neglected to mention it. Thank you for pointing that out.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Channeling. Grab as much Chan as you can. If you have the possibility also grab a decent -12% chan ring to switch between your sky cover (star's destiny).

The thing I'm most excited about the release of the r9rr weapon is not only the att level or purify proc thing. It's the -13% chan possibility that will amp the dmg output and playability so extremely.

If you want comparision to yours just click the calc link of my SB in my signature. I started farming for my SB 4 months before the expansion rolled out (altho the most expensive part so far wasnt the gear. Already spent around 3b coins or even a bit more on cards alone. Fml.) and also took the emperor/stars destiny from my main.

If you ask my of what you shoild do next then it is crystal clear. Get ocean orbs and get your gears to full +10 before takong care of the ornaments As your ornaments are already quite decent. Then go for the r9r ring and +11/+12 the weap when it comes out. I personally always prefered survivability over dmg and I am quite impressed what this class is capable of dmg-wise Even with just a r9r weapon which is more or less just the same class as a standard G16 weapon.

GG so far. I always appriciate fellow farmers that put alot of passion and effort into their game. Neat (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015

GG so far. I always appriciate fellow farmers that put alot of passion and effort into their game. Neat (:

Is easy to put fast passion and effort to farm when you already have a decent main to farm with and SB is the alt.
    Since my SB is my main it would probably take me a year to get R9 b:sad
    giphy.gif

• dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Well learning from previous games I played I found out that if I got gear without effort, its not very much fun, I feel like there is no bond or commitment to that character (at least for me). For an example when pill toons were out I tried a couple toons but it really felt like I was just playing someone else's toon.

For those planning to main their SB without any other strong toon, I would recommend as many NW, FSP, FW, and Lunar squad runs as possible to farm. NW to sell tokens, FSP sell coins or craft into sb/db skillbook to sell in AH (as they are in more demand at the moment), FW and Lunar you can sell crafting service from molds you get for random, etc. Keep in mind that stronger you get, the faster the coins comes in. My APS sin 2 years ago started at selling FC starting at around 700k per hour and now I can farm 10mil per hour during 2x drops.

Once the g16 scythe is out I'm pretty sure farming low TT can be soloed very fast, you won't believe how fun and easy it is to be able to attack while moving when TT bosses can't.

I was leaning toward channeling stones for weapon because I see that there are way more ways to increase magic attack than channel (neumas, war avatars, titles, etc.). I'm most likely to be full+10 and +12 weapon in a month or two but I never went past this far on my cleric so I don't know whether to try to go +12 armors/ornas next or maybe +11 then some JOSD before +12? Or should I find a A card set like the Seat of Torment set? I'm uncertain which path has the most bang for its buck. I feel like I have been wasting FSP coins on A pack for forever and I don't even have 1 of the SoT set. I could go for another set but I don't want to take off my Durability S card that is already leveled to 23 from dailies C packs. b:sad

P.S. On a good note, I just got my r9r ring last nw night and I managed to +7 it with 7 tienkang stones and about 800 mirages before midnight. b:victory
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I honestly have no idea how people didn't immediately see the downburst skill and immediately realize -chan spec is the way to go. It should literally have taken seconds. As I said in the past though, the maximum efficacy of it might have a ceiling due to animation time minimums on channel. Course to find that, at least one person would need to hit -100% total channeling to then work backwards.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    I suggest, as your character still needs loads of refine, to just use full, 40/40 leveld random A-Cards and skip S-Cards completely. Once you get a decent Set (and yeah a 3 piece set is already pretty decent) you will gain a sht load of a boost. Especiall since I see alot of people not focusing on cards at all. That leads to a situation where full +10 ppl outgear full +11/+12 people simply because they dont focus on cards.

Besides that, A-Cards are nearly free (ya luck is obviously needed) so I'd go for it especially since leveling them to max isnt that expensive as well. You can focus on the gears/ornaments with the other money.

Personally I've planned that after I get my G16 cube neck (currently wearing a g14 +10 one and sometimes borrowing a g16 +11 from my gf) I will +12 the ornaments and +11 the full armor afterwards. Until that point in refine G13 stones are not really worth it imho. After that I will put 16 josd in the r9 armors and 8 deities in helm/robe to get a little dmg advantage and since I'm demon I can easily get 15 extra def lvl whenever I want. My exclusive Garnets (shroud) are very sufficient till then.

I'd do it like this simply because with that refine you will have enough pdef/hp to back up the extra def/att level. With all that mobility and heavy CCing/debuffing capabilities those SBs will be a hell of an opponent in 1on1s and especially in mass PvP.

To the chan thing. If I could I would increase the chan even further. If they happen to release 20 vit/6% chan stones I will definitly upgrade my weapon sharding And will also take care to get a high chan r9rr roll. Channeling is so friggin important for the SBs.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • mulier
    edited March 2015
    noone cares for gears - get spirit!
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    I ask because on my server almost everyone goes +75 or +100 magic attack shards on their weapon. It is funny though since I know channeling stone mages that can easily outdps them in the Celestial Tiger event. The few r9 SBs on my server are seemingly planning on matk shards too. I think given if a Stone of the Savant was the same price as an Icebourn Gem, I would probably still go for channel like I did on my Cleric (since ultility is better than damage on a support class).

As for leveling A cards to 40/40, do I just wear those until I find at least a 3+ card set and then use that 40/40 card to reawaken and feed it into another card which is part of the set to 2rb it? Or should I wait for 4 or 5 card sets? I really like my Durability S card with its 64 matk bonus but they do take a lot of get to lv 80. So should I stop and start feeding A cards instead now? I really hope sets start appearing soon because FSP becomes a drag after doing it over and over.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    I ask because on my server almost everyone goes +75 or +100 magic attack shards on their weapon. It is funny though since I know channeling stone mages that can easily outdps them in the Celestial Tiger event. The few r9 SBs on my server are seemingly planning on matk shards too. I think given if a Stone of the Savant was the same price as an Icebourn Gem, I would probably still go for channel like I did on my Cleric (since ultility is better than damage on a support class).

As or leveling A cards to 40/40, do I just wear those until I find at least a 3+ card set and then use that 40/40 card to reawaken and feed it into another card which is part of the set to 2rb it? Or should I wait for 4 or 5 card sets? I really like my Durability S card with its 64 matk bonus but they do take a lot of get to lv 80. So should I stop and start feeding A cards instead now? I really hope sets start appearing soon because FSP becomes a drag after doing it over and over.

That is indeed the point. You can level all your A-Cards to lvl40. When you get a decent Set you can just feed your current Cards i to the new ones and thus will always have max lvled cards. You cant feed S-Cards to anything. Means that every EXP spend on a S-Card is a waste imho. You'll never get that exp back. The exp used to lvl A cards are not wasted and thus I'd go for that. Actually that was the first thing I did once I reached lvl100. Opening ~100 A-Packs, being lucky and immidiatly leveling all Cards to max (ya 4 months preperation time worked wonders for me on the cards-side xD). Was the best decision ever.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Wouldn't recommend going for A cards really, not the random ones anyways. With the events and current event going on, it's even more worthwhile to go for the B set to transition to S set path I've been working on.

B card 6 set is pretty easy to get, if you focus on B-S cards for S card sets to work on. During the time to get S cards across, you're very likely to get multiple versions of the Wraith Lord set, which makes reawakening them to max pretty easy. Especially if you merchant during the 2X B chests events for 20 per each of them.

With that, you'd basically have to get reawakened candleflame to beat that, and the best method for that doesn't get you S card chances, or the free chances.

Add to that we can now get a free 6 card base set, to then build up while working for the first set of Wraith Lords. Since they added in that, it's what I'm going for until I get more Wraith Lords to work on the first set.

As for channeling, we start with a skill that decreases it, our 59 takes forever without a lot of -chan, we have short-mid status effects, and some decent skills that have most of their time in channeling while their cast time is below 1 second. Then we also have the shortest cast range of the magic classes, and would need to open with Downburst instead of Ice Bullet in order to have -chan going for the rest of the fight.

All those combined just made it blatantly obvious that -chan is better than static mag attk boosts. Especially when you factor in how the gear creep has made base mag attk have more effect than adds, turning all skills into DPS over DPH. A trend that will continue as time and gear goes on. And DPS is all about cramming in as many skills as possible. It's why the gear path I'm going for will hit 75% -chan, with the final -25% coming from sage downburst.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Wouldn't recommend going for A cards really, not the random ones anyways. With the events and current event going on, it's even more worthwhile to go for the B set to transition to S set path I've been working on.

B card 6 set is pretty easy to get, if you focus on B-S cards for S card sets to work on. During the time to get S cards across, you're very likely to get multiple versions of the Wraith Lord set, which makes reawakening them to max pretty easy. Especially if you merchant during the 2X B chests events for 20 per each of them.

With that, you'd basically have to get reawakened candleflame to beat that, and the best method for that doesn't get you S card chances, or the free chances.

Add to that we can now get a free 6 card base set, to then build up while working for the first set of Wraith Lords. Since they added in that, it's what I'm going for until I get more Wraith Lords to work on the first set.

nah I wouldnt recommend that.

If you only get the full B-Set (Wraith Lords) and nothing more then even random A-Cards lvled to 40/40 will have better stats. If you get a 3/4-piece A set then you need to full 2nd rb your B-Cards to keep them on par with that. Chances are that you will have a complete candleflame Set once you'd hit full 2nd rb Wraith lords set. Not to mention that the Candleflame Set is better, even unreborned.

It's not that the candleflame set is the best set in game and all but it surely offers the best cost efficiency. You will most likely have a full 2nd rbed Candleflame Set before even getting a single set of nuema Portal. Even if you get a 4-piece S-Set it wont be better compared to the candleflames unless you rb them which is also very unlikely.

We are not counting into massive luck, only chances. Sure, someone could open 100 S-Packs and have a full rbed nuema portal set. chances are that you wouldn't even have this with 2000 S-Packs not even the non-rbed complete set.

The chances to have full rbed Candleflame set within 2k A Packs is very likely on the other hand and way way less expensive.

I'd definitly go for the B-Card Set if you are not planning on rbing A-Cards too soon, but I never would rb them above the first time simply because you would waste EXP while devouring them into A-Cards afterwards.

Only very few people actually got a 4-piece or better S-Card set while opening up several THOUSAND S-Packs. Mind you that 1k-Set packs are 4k golds (FSP ones) or 3k gold during sale. that is enough to friggin full r9rr +11 a character. If you are not planning on dishing out Ten thousands of dollars I suggest you skip S-Cards and never spend a thought on them again. Cept you know that you are a very lucky guy and can get a nuema portal out of 100 packs =P then go for it^^ I opened 100 once and got nothing but B-Cards. GG. xD

And for the B-Card set...so far I've opened around 60 B-Chests and easily over 1k A-Packs on my Stormbringer so far. I got 3 dif. Wraith Lord Cards in my Card book. So much for easy to achieve. Ya. If you are lucky. I for one am the unluckiest person alive.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    And for the B-Card set...so far I've opened around 60 B-Chests and easily over 1k A-Packs on my Stormbringer so far. I got 3 dif. Wraith Lord Cards in my Card book. So much for easy to achieve. Ya. If you are lucky. I for one am the unluckiest person alive.

To an extent, luck will be involved. Though I have 4 diff chars with at least one wraith lord, and 2 with 3. And I've been lazy about it, only did the recent freebie code on 2 of my characters.

For the B set, it works best for me simply because I merchant. So as long as there is a sale worth buying something on, during a spend reward that offers 2X B chest for 10 gold during it, it tremendously reduces the cost required for getting even single wraith lord set. 1,4% chance on final card, means around 75 tries. Which beats the hell out of the other options, with 20 free ones each event. And they seem to give B chests out even more nowadays.

The problem with Candleflame is mostly going to be cost. You're already talking multi-billions just to get them, that doesn't even factor in the extra cost in leveling them. So it's not a cost issue, it's making up an arbitrary ceiling, since it isn't even as cost effective for return on investment as is.

At this point, the most cost effective is the completely free B card set we are going to be handed for sign-ins. Just a 25 lvl maxed B card 6 set, gives more than a maxed A card random. I used spirit as the comparison, and B card set gives 2 more than random A. So the freebie vs. the chance ones that cost money is not going to be even a contest; Freebie B set wins.

So it's basically how much someone is planning to sink in to that character. Going for A cards is automatically limiting, because that's the best they are going to get. No S cards guaranteed. But passively getting all the freebies of B chests and then trying to finish off some re-awakened sets while working on S cards gives the chance for getting R2 Wraith lord sets, while building for stronger S card sets. And that would give nearly 300 spirit alone, while losing nothing to feed the S card replacements.
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    That makes sense, seems even leveling a S card to 80 is already a pain not to mention find another S card to rebirth it in the future. Meanwhile I have stopped leveling the S card and now am starting to level Emperor Locen (Destroyer A card) to 40 first for a good amount of extra damage. So far I have only 2 of the 6 Candleflame set and like no other A cards for any kind of set. Since the Locen that I have is 2 leadership I decided on him over my Mitress of the Night which has 3 leadership. I really hope to get the set someday but I can tell it will be awhile.

On another note, do you guys think buying FSP coins to make them into War Avatar A Packs is worth it? Each pack costly about 4.5mil on Archosaur server if you were to buy them directly from the catshops and since each pack has a 13.3% chance for an A card, so it is about 34mil per A card it seems. b:sad

I think I will hope on the best and just do FSP when I can while I work on +11s and such. I know some players have full 80/80 S cards from so many raffle events that its not even fun to fight them with their advantage in spirit and such.
  • mulier
    edited March 2015
    random raffle events with 3 winners across all servers .. doesnt make people have full S cards --- and doesnt make ppl have lvled those cards to max
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Sure it can, all you have to do is pay maybe $500+ that weekend and if you make in in the top 3 spenders you automatically get 1 free S card. Then do that for 5 more times.. if you haven't spent the 3000 gold by then, then you can easily sell your gold for coins and buy War Avatar C cards at 200k each. On my server gold is 2.5 so $3000 would equal to about 7.5bil coins. Next to level a S card to 80 you just need 1466 EXP from C cards which is roughly only 293mil. You can have 6 lv 80 S cards and still have 5.7bil coins to spend or 2296 gold to spend elsewhere.

From other sources, I am told people easily win those raffles around $500 charged for each promotion time. You have to remember you only need to charge gold not spend it, other than that it is basically a S card for free. The promotion states:

- the top 3 people who charge the most will win
    - 15 random people will be picked and win randomly (each 10 gold charge counts as a raffle entry)