A few questions about Sage/Demon and Morai skills

Options
Leni - Raging Tide
Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Duskblade
A quick glossary to have everyone on the same page:
-Paralyze: The new "Primal Stun". Example: BM's Dragon Rising, DB's Dragon Trap.
-Stun: BM's Roar of the Pride, Archer's Stunning Arrow, etc. Ya'll know this.
-Freeze: Immobilize, can't move but can still use skills. Ex: Sin's Tackling Slash, Archer's Aim Low.

-I heard both sage and demon Galemark freeze the target for 2 seconds, is that correct? (the in-game tooltip says stun)

-Does Sage/Demon Reaper form becomes insta-cast like Stormbringer's?

-Demon Grief's tooltip says this:

"Emerge from the arc of your attack into a series of zig-zagging slashes, dealing base physical damage plus 6870. The third strike paralyzes the target for 7 seconds. You do not take damage while casting this skill.

Costs 30 Chi.

Combo Skill: Default hotkey R
Required Skill: Everlasting ode

Demon version stuns the target for 7 seconds."

So, is it a paralyze or a stun? And does it really last 7 seconds? Going from 2 secs at lv 10 to 7 seems to good to be true...

-Demon In Silence Dread says it causes the next Motionless Move to paralyze the target for 5 seconds, but is it really a paralyze or a freeze?

-Umbral Stalker states that you cannot take any damage or be targeted while it's active, so what about exploding hands in cube/TT/etc, turrets and wall guards in TW, pre-existing DoTs (Telekinesis included), walking into AoEs like Vortex and DB, being in range for non-damage skills like Roar of the Pride, Ice Prison and Sage Purge??? And turrets in Bridge battles??? And what about pulling a cata? I suppose you would lose it, but it's not stated. And What about digging? The flag, a crystal, a herb. And can it be used while carrying the flag??? And do you lose aggro from a mob if you use it? Do you break BoA or Searing Moonlight? If someone has you targetted, does the targetting disappear? Are you still visible?? Can you use genie?? ?!?$?!%?%?!?$?%$? b:faintb:faintb:faint

Thanks in advance for replies, and if someone has some piece of knowledge acquired from experience testing the new skills and wants to share it, please do so b:cute

For example: Sage Dragon Trap's type of amp is Curse, like HF.
Post edited by Leni - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Bromeas - Sanctuary
    Bromeas - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    For the tooltips that seem weird to you I made a post in the quality corner for fixing the tooltips already, I will just link it here so you can read yourself, those are all tested and true how I wrote there.

Post in quality corner.

For Umbral Stalker I can't tell you anything yet, it is the only skill at all that my DB still misses, so couldn't test it myself yet.
    Just because I don't write on forums too often, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • Embalmed - Archosaur
    Embalmed - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Galemark: 2 seconds freeze

Reaper: Instant cast

Grief: Only the description is wrong. The book is still correct and it's a 4 second paralyze.

In Silent Dread: Freeze

umbral Stalker: You can't be targeted mean if you were before you get un targeted(it's the psy 80/100 shadow skill buff). No you take no damage aside from dots just like every other immune skill, I don't get what wasn't understandable about that. You can't fly as it's a transformation like puffbird but you can dig/ use pots and items. You can't break a channeling skill unless you stun/interrupt them. It both seals and transforms you and there is no efficient way to remove both so don't waste time using it as an ig to still attack with it. And it's not a stealth skill so you're still visible as a blob. Just like in http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9079543-all-new-skills%2C-plus-demon%2Fsage-skills%21
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh awesome! Thank you for replies b:thanks

Damn, I will have a really hard time deciding cultivations now, the errors in Grief and In Silence Dread's descriptions tipped the balance to demon's side a bit, but now idk what to do again xD It was hard enough to pick SB's culti and now this -.-

Btw, is all of Quadrature an AoE or only the explosions?
  • Embalmed - Archosaur
    Embalmed - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Only the explosions which are 5m aoe and unpredictable since they spawn randomly around the target.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Alright, thanks again :)
  • bearcalledpooh
    bearcalledpooh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A quick glossary to have everyone on the same page:
    -Paralyze: The new "Primal Stun". Example: BM's Dragon Rising, DB's Dragon Trap.
    -Stun: BM's Roar of the Pride, Archer's Stunning Arrow, etc. Ya'll know this.
    -Freeze: Immobilize, can't move but can still use skills. Ex: Sin's Tackling Slash, Archer's Aim Low.

-I heard both sage and demon Galemark freeze the target for 2 seconds, is that correct? (the in-game tooltip says stun)

-Does Sage/Demon Reaper form becomes insta-cast like Stormbringer's?

-Demon Grief's tooltip says this:

"Emerge from the arc of your attack into a series of zig-zagging slashes, dealing base physical damage plus 6870. The third strike paralyzes the target for 7 seconds. You do not take damage while casting this skill.

Costs 30 Chi.

Combo Skill: Default hotkey R
    Required Skill: Everlasting ode

Demon version stuns the target for 7 seconds."

So, is it a paralyze or a stun? And does it really last 7 seconds? Going from 2 secs at lv 10 to 7 seems to good to be true...

-Demon In Silence Dread says it causes the next Motionless Move to paralyze the target for 5 seconds, but is it really a paralyze or a freeze?

-Umbral Stalker states that you cannot take any damage or be targeted while it's active, so what about exploding hands in cube/TT/etc, turrets and wall guards in TW, pre-existing DoTs (Telekinesis included), walking into AoEs like Vortex and DB, being in range for non-damage skills like Roar of the Pride, Ice Prison and Sage Purge??? And turrets in Bridge battles??? And what about pulling a cata? I suppose you would lose it, but it's not stated. And What about digging? The flag, a crystal, a herb. And can it be used while carrying the flag??? And do you lose aggro from a mob if you use it? Do you break BoA or Searing Moonlight? If someone has you targetted, does the targetting disappear? Are you still visible?? Can you use genie?? ?!?$?!%?%?!?$?%$? b:faintb:faintb:faint

Thanks in advance for replies, and if someone has some piece of knowledge acquired from experience testing the new skills and wants to share it, please do so b:cute

For example: Sage Dragon Trap's type of amp is Curse, like HF.

Umbral stalker will be if diffrent when used on players or mobs

if used on players they are unable to target you, if they already had you targeted the targeting will dissapear.

On mobs it like a IG pot, all the attack will be seen as ''resist'' but they will still attack you.

You can't attack when you use it only move, but you can use genie skills though.
    and if you use will surge before casting it you can still auto attack in umbral stalker. but the skill will stay greyed out.

and about the exploding hands, to are imune to any kind of damage, pre cast DoT will still hurt you but aoe's and pve damage is all resisted