Whats next for me

Kyokede - Sanctuary
Kyokede - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Ive been playing this game since December 08 and i cant say it hasnt been fun, but that interest isnt there anymore, yet ive grown so attached to by bm that i log in everyday.The interface is so simple caompared to some games, ive tried and in my opinion game on max setting is very pretty, so since im so in love with PWI, why am i posting here. Well!!!!! Im tired yet i dont want to quit.

There are so many things i have yet to do. I have less time and less money( i dont know why since i never botted b4). Known ways for me to make money is bh and fsp. TT and lunar are still hard to solo for me (im G16 btw), so i use fsp and if im lucky with bh. I relaize that fsp coins can be traded for a variety of things, i can use it for coinage, rep or war avatars, but i keep asking the question should i only focus on rep and if i do get 300k whats the chance of reach r999, i mean i next to broke at the moment, my little 25m is ntn in pwi.
Post edited by Kyokede - Sanctuary on

Comments

• igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make money to make more money instead of using it right away on gears or rep.
    Buying and reselling is still quite profitable.
    Buy gold when its low and sell when higher or wait for a good promo to get event gold and sell refines.
  • Kyokede - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Thats not a bad idea but i suck at merching i also notice that a lot of merchants are able to leave their shops open 24/7 unfortunately i cant here. Utility companies work different here in Jamaica. That idea of saving up coins i thought about that too and i check ah everyday to look at gold prices and i realize that its goes up and down in the 2.9m and 3.6m region.
    At first i figured that gold would get cheaper but it seems it is stuck now. Tbh i have considered ignoring rank and just buy refine orbs and get more hp on gears, but what do u all think
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If after 6 years you are not yet able to easilly farm TT and you also dont like merching, you will never get R9.3 probably.

I think you need to make the choise between enjoying the game in poverty (making another toon maybe and questing all the way etc, enjoying the scenery) or move to a game that is not about building wealth. (strategy games, shooters, anything non rpg really)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Kyokede - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    where did i say i dont like merching, i said its not effective if u doont have time or the resources to do it.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    6 years of playing and you are not R9r3 yet?

Seriously. Even if you had gather 1-2 milion per day you should have got r9r3 till now.
    giphy.gif

• zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You sound a lot like me. I've been full Vana 3 for a year plus now. I haven't the time / interest to try for R9, but equally I can't think of anything I could do if I had better refines / shards than I do now. I recently upgraded my weapon from +7 to +10, but still can't one-shot mobs in Phoenix Valley for instance - so it still takes just as long.

On the plus side, I can enjoy the game when I want to, not when PWI decides on a whim its time for 2x drops or 3x EXP or some special seasonal event.

Get what you want from the game and don't worry about what others have. I would agree with others though, that if you haven't tried for r9 before now, it's probably not what you really want.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You sound a lot like me. I've been full Vana 3 for a year plus now. I haven't the time / interest to try for R9, but equally I can't think of anything I could do if I had better refines / shards than I do now. I recently upgraded my weapon from +7 to +10, but still can't one-shot mobs in Phoenix Valley for instance - so it still takes just as long.

On the plus side, I can enjoy the game when I want to, not when PWI decides on a whim its time for 2x drops or 3x EXP or some special seasonal event.

Get what you want from the game and don't worry about what others have. I would agree with others though, that if you haven't tried for r9 before now, it's probably not what you really want.

I am like thisb:chuckle

Some see the game as a place where you have to be competitive with others, rushing and working hard to get the best of the best. Others look this game as a game, where you have fun doing whatever you want.

To be competitive on games was never my thing (nor is in real life), that kind of things make the game frustrating or plain boring for me.

OP, you can also level up some alts and do JJ quests daily, it is a decent income if you have 2 or 3 61-80 alts for it.
  • Kyokede - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the response the thing is i took a break when i came back r999 were in full swing i had tt90 at the time, i worked to get g15 and g16 but r999 just seems impossible with the time and coinage i have, making300k rep will take a while but ossible with fsp but really is it worth it anymore or should i just get coins and +10 my g16
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dude just play with what you have for now and stash the coin you would use to +10 your g16 and buy the rep,mog, or gst when a sale is around.Liek now there is a sale and MOGS on our server is like 24mill each and gst ate like 6-7mill or so each.I just been farming emblems from fsp now wich is like 240 emblems from fsp or 120 rep badges after you convert the emblems.

Be patient and just stash stash stashhhhhhhh

if I did all my toons (8 toons at 100+ ra )a fsp a day it will take me about 10 days to make 200k rep if im right.But I may catch 1 run a night if I can get the will power to actually do one.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    6 years of playing and you are not R9r3 yet?

Seriously. Even if you had gather 1-2 milion per day you should have got r9r3 till now.

Not really that simple you have to remember the different tiers of gear standards that have gone by. My BM had JoSD and DoD TT99/lunar/nirvana gear that I built up. But when you quit and come back, it doesn't matter how much was sunk into that gear; it is no longer competitive.

Same issue for those who went full on at R9, quit, and came back. You have to build all the coin back up again, to upgrade and then regain what you had. But with price increases, it's not always as easy (I was buying DoD for 2-6 mil, as an idea).

Continuous playing makes it easier, but the issue is once you start quitting a couple times, it becomes harder to have an incentive to keep up with the grind machine. Because better gear will be coming out, and make the past gear obsolete. So it's not so much even saving for the current end game, you're saving for the end game that isn't out yet, but might be when you come back from the next time a break is taken, since in that time span it will likely happen again.

It's more that whole thing that causes people to lose interest. Best thing is to take a break from playing, and just merchant with no expense. But that turns it from fun into a job, and it's hard to maintain interest like that.
  • Kyokede - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Sylvae pretty much summed up what happened to me, i really love PWI, but it was getting really boring so i took a break, when i came back there was RB, R999, Avatars all those new stuff. Dont know if they all came out at the same time. I did manage to get into the cards thing no S cards yet, did a whole lot of fws to make my g16. Right now im working on building rep still at rank 7, but as Sylvae said once you take a break from this game, when u come back its hell. My head aches when i think of the amount of blood i need for primal skills, but im getting there. R999 well thats a dream
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rome was nbot build in 1 day either :)

on a sidenote - in opposition to alot of games out there .. pwi is not sooo much about playing your characters role and the typical arche roles like other mmos out ther - but muuch more about actually obtaining gear and upgrading it building your character and playing around with gears(from a f2p perspective.. )