How to take a screenshot and upload it on the Forums/Tickets. (From Game/Computer)

Krisnda - Lost City
Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Support Desk
This is for all the people who currently have problems with the game and such, but don't know how to take a screenshot to have when asking for help on the forums, or when sending a ticket.

For PWI - the game itself:

What you want to do is simply press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you should see (in the left upper chat box) a "Screenshot saved" notice there. Then the hard part, finding your photo. Click My Computer (for XP users) or Computer (for Vista users) and go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots. Look for your photo that you just took, and that should be it. Now if your submitting a ticket, there is already a thing on there that will do the uploading for you, you just have to find the file (like we just discussed) first. If you want to upload it to the forums, its a different method. You will need to upload the photo file to a Image Hosting website (http://imageshack.us/ www.photobucket.com/ are a couple) then use the URL that they give you in order to post that on the forums.

From your computer desktop (Windows):

Now that you know how to take screenshots from the game, you probably are wondering how to take shots of things outside the game (error messages, etc). Well first you need to not be in the game (lol) lets say you see an error message, simply click the "Print Screen" button, and then open Microsoft Paint. The image will be on your clipboard so when Paint opens up, Click the Edit tab, then Paste, You should see your image there. The rest is pie really, save your photo (usually a JPEG file) and follow the instructions as you would do a PWI image.

Taking Screenshots with a Mac:
(Taken from here: http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-take-screenshots-with-a-mac/)

The following Mac Screenshot capturing commands are accomplished by pressing and holding the Command key followed by two or more keys in progression.

-Command + Shift + 3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen, and saves the image to your desktop.
-Command + Shift + 4, and click an area. Takes a screenshot of an area and saves the image to your desktop.
-Command + Shift + 4, then press space, and click a window: Takes a screenshot of a window and saves the image to your desktop.

To capture a screenshot and save it to the clipboard, use the following keys.

-Command + Control + Shift + 3: Takes a screenshot of the entire screen, and saves it to your clipboard.
-Command + Control + Shift + 4, and click an area: Takes a screenshot of an area and saves it to your clipboard.
-Command + Control + Shift + 4, then press space, and click a window: Takes a screenshot of a window and saves it to your clipboard.

With OS X 10.5 Leopard, the following keys can be pressed while selecting an area using Command + Shift + 4 or Command + Control + Shift + 4:

-Space: to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves
-Shift: to resize only one edge of the selected region
-Option: to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point

I hope this helps everyone that is constantly asking how to upload images onto the forums, anything you guys wanna add please post here :D

Here is the direct link to the Ticket page:https://support.arcgames.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A good moderator should:
- Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
- Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
- Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
Post edited by Krisnda - Lost City on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Then the hard part, finding your photo.

Which becomes a lot less hard when you just go to a program such a Paint and press ctrl+v ;)
    Edit: nevermind, already mentioned in the error message section, but it works for normal screenies too.

(or try a program such as MWSnap)

Nice guide. This is common knowledge for some/most of us, but I know there's quite a few people having trouble with this too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This is for all the people who currently have problems with the game and such, but don't know how to take a screenshot to have when asking for help on the forums, or when sending a ticket.

For PWI - the game itself:

What you want to do is simply press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then you should see (in the left upper chat box) a "Screenshot saved" notice there. Then the hard part, finding your photo. Click My Computer (for XP users) or Computer (for Vista users) and go to your Program files, find the folder called Perfect World International (duh XD) and go to Element, then Screenshots. Look for your photo that you just took, and that should be it. Now if your submitting a ticket, there is already a thing on there that will do the uploading for you, you just have to find the file (like we just discussed) first. If you want to upload it to the forums, its a different method. You will need to upload the photo file to a Image Hosting website (http://imageshack.us/ www.photobucket.com/ are a couple) then use the URL that they give you in order to post that on the forums.

From your computer desktop:

Now that you know how to take screenshots from the game, you probably are wondering how to take shots of things outside the game (error messages, etc). Well first you need to not be in the game (lol) lets say you see an error message, simply click the "Print Screen" button, and then open Microsoft Paint. The image will be on your clipboard so when Paint opens up, Click the Edit tab, then Paste, You should see your image there. The rest is pie really, save your photo (usually a JPEG file) and follow the instructions as you would do a PWI image.

I hope this helps everyone that is constantly asking how to upload images onto the forums, anything you guys wanna add please post here :D

Great guide, this will help out alot, since I have a little trouble with this. >_> b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Players can Search our Knowledge Base for "screenshot" for related info for where the screenies are held hostage.

The game folders with the newer game client is C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Thanks, I edited it to include the folder path ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Bump/Edit:

Added how to take screenshots on a Mac computer (for our Mac playing friends :D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Thank you Krisnda ^_~

@Everyone

Please do not hesitate to send in a ticket to Tech Support with your issues, we can't always monitor the forums, but we really want to get the community up and running!
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    No problem, I try to help out any way I can :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • jomama23
    jomama23 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I am at the ticket website but I can't find the image upload option.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Edit: Added direct link to the Ticket page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • moodlepip
    moodlepip Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I find the Snipping Tool is handy as well for screenshots with Vista. It is then an instant JPG file, you just have to name it, and upload to Photobucket and then paste the info.
  • mystryst
    mystryst Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The screenshot folder is in a slightly different place now due to the Arc program, but fairly similar: C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en_3\element\screenshots.. may be why it was unstickied.

I have no idea what a ticket pack is.. also this might be necro, so I'll shut up now.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Stickies can't be necroed. And I'll add that when I get the chance. Thanks!
  • thebeast52
    thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    LMAO i read the top post, clicked on the link for tickets, it brought me to a blank page way to go arc.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just a quick note about screening things in game (happened to me about a year ago when i was trying to screenshot harassment and threats a player was sending me in game and out >.<)

MAKE SURE you do not have the chat box selected, or any other windows needed for typing in pwi. it will NOT save the screen shot.

further tricks you can do would be pressing f9 to bring up the screen shot tool so it only captures what is on the game (no extra window's or chats in the way), and pressing print screen by its self captures anything in the window of the game (including chats and windows like inventory)
  • reikotsu
    reikotsu Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    b:cry I have trouble finding my Screenshots.

I already KNOW where it should end up after I have taken it on PWI. I take it like normal, the whole F9 thing, and the blue text " Screenshot saved " moved at the side with each shot- but when I got into my Screenshots folder ---- It's EMpty!

Why is this? b:sad
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    just love how we have to make a new account to another web site to just be able to post a screenshot here on our game....anit you all done enough yet now we still got to go to a fully off site to even add in a ss ..... thanks to much...
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    You can actually upload directly onto the forums - this guide was made before the forums swapped over to Vanilla and hasn't been updated. You can find it here:

cbgvfnn7do92.png

and the image in my post was uploaded through the forums. :smile:
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • darif10751#8905
    darif10751#8905 Posts: 1 New User
    Press the “Prt Scr” button on your keyboard.
    *Note, the on-screen keyboard is used as a visual aid, in practice, we recommend using your physical keyboard. Open up your email program or website. ...
    The screenshot will then be pasted from the clipboard into your email.