No ways to earn coin in game now? Worth coming back?

Brett - Morai
Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I was thinking about coming back to the game, but it seems like grinding in game coin is now a thing of the past. All DQ's are worthless, and checking the forums, seems like the DQ point system was never replaced. So Admins, with the price of everything so damned high, what is going to happen to balance things out? Is it worth coming back to the game after playing maybe a handful of times in the last 2 years, or should I just go play another game?
Post edited by Brett - Morai on

Comments

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was thinking about coming back to the game, but it seems like grinding in game coin is now a thing of the past. All DQ's are worthless, and checking the forums, seems like the DQ point system was never replaced. So Admins, with the price of everything so damned high, what is going to happen to balance things out? Is it worth coming back to the game after playing maybe a handful of times in the last 2 years, or should I just play another game?

In recent months since the removal of the auto-cultivation as a viable option of farming due to the reduction in all gear and mat drops and DQ reduced to 1 coin all prices on the server for items have went down drastically to what was expected roughly a year ago before the system was introduced.

I would like to direct you to my thread in the harshlands subsection where you can learn the many various ways we on the harshlands currently get the coin for anything we wish to have in this Perfect World.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1745791
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You need to adapt but there are a lot of ways to still earn money. And more efficiently than with grinding (and especially if you used to grind before autoculti)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    F2Pers had always a good income because of players which are
    - not interested in PVE or
    - stupid or
    - impatient or
    - all together.
    Since people are more tired than ever to do PVE (too many dailies), it's more easy than ever to have a proper income. But those which even can't search in a forum, to see what others have posted about this topic, might belong to 2nd category and should better look for a P2P game.b:kiss
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gee, I don't know. Tiger event on Monday anyone can do. Wednesday, City Of Abominations almost anyone can do ( might want to read up a bit on this event before doing it first). Daily fsp, flows I liver palace, if you know how to throw an Axe when the screen says you can do. NW, nation wars every Friday and Sunday evening you can do. Of course there is bounty hunt, I'm sure there is always someone in world chat looking for members to join. You can do that too.
    All these ways make money, if you need more info just do a Google search on the above events and you will get the required information ( Believe me searching on Google is way easier then using this forums search)
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A lot depends on what your current gear is AND what you are aiming for. Vana 3 gear is still within reach of people who play regularly without being connected all day. Rank 9 is a wholly different matter. I have never wanted for Rank 9 since the simple calculation of:
    Cost of Rank 9 / amount possible to farm per day = forget it ( got more important things to achieve in life)
    comes into play.
    On the other hand you will meet people who claim they can't even afford repair costs these days, which is just plain lazy.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    war34child wrote: »
    F2Pers had always a good income because of players which are
    - not interested in PVE or
    - stupid or
    - impatient or
    - all together.
    Since people are more tired than ever to do PVE (too many dailies), it's more easy than ever to have a proper income. But those which even can't search in a forum, to see what others have posted about this topic, might belong to 2nd category and should better look for a P2P game.b:kiss

This,

I havent played any games before where it is as easy to become filthy rich.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Brett - Morai
    Brett - Morai Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Seems like the community has matured since I last played! Seriously, thanks for your answers! After speaking to a couple of other friends who I used to play PWI with, I will probably be best going to another game. The people I spoke to only still play out of guilt (the amount of cash they have ploughed into this game). The main thing I want out of a game is to be able to compete at pvp without having to buy my way there. Also p2p games have better support, PWI's is atrocious. I have a 3 year old and I cant afford to be online more than a couple of hours to farm constantly, and after watching a friend playing that game (you know the one I was hinting at :P) The pvp battles there are immense. The PVE is also steeped in lore and I love that. Goodbye everyone, hope you all find your perfect world :D
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    people who claim "its too hard to make coin" or my fav "the player base is so low even merching is hard" all of that is bs, i can farm 15mill a day with out breaking a sweat, i can merch 40-50m minus the cost of buying certain items each night. people who cant even pay their repairs are just lazy, i mean go farm herbs in hell for 10mins, right there is 500k coin, if your repair bill is lets say 5m (doubt anyones gear would get that damaged) farm herbs for 30 mins then sell something or make something to sell, hell npc junk.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    people who claim "its too hard to make coin" or my fav "the player base is so low even merching is hard" all of that is bs, i can farm 15mill a day with out breaking a sweat, i can merch 40-50m minus the cost of buying certain items each night. people who cant even pay their repairs are just lazy, i mean go farm herbs in hell for 10mins, right there is 500k coin, if your repair bill is lets say 5m (doubt anyones gear would get that damaged) farm herbs for 30 mins then sell something or make something to sell, hell npc junk.

Congratulations.

That was the perfect combination of lack of capitalization, condescension and utter fiction (with a side of peen-waving) sure to encourage any player to say "**** this" and never come back. I suggest following thru with this attitude by killing everyone you see, stealing kills from them and reporting anyone you see for hacking.

I'm sure you will only increase the number of players that give you 40-50M coin each night at this rate.

Yours in Success,

Red

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i only report people who flame, trash, stalk, threaten or other wise break rules, so when i see a shop buying items X for lets say 30k but selling same item for 25k they are scamming.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    facepalm.
    a person scams when he is buying an item for a higher price and sells it for lower price?
    Wow that had no sense.
    Plus even if a person buys an item for a lower price and sells it for a higher price still not scamming
    Its called making profit.

Ofc there are some shops for exemple some shops buying TT mats with 200 coins and selling them with 200k coins. But even this is not scamming. More like taking advantage of naive ppl that dont pay attention.
    giphy.gif

• supermelee
    supermelee Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A lot depends on what your current gear is AND what you are aiming for. Vana 3 gear is still within reach of people who play regularly without being connected all day. Rank 9 is a wholly different matter. I have never wanted for Rank 9 since the simple calculation of:
    Cost of Rank 9 / amount possible to farm per day = forget it ( got more important things to achieve in life)
    comes into play.
    On the other hand you will meet people who claim they can't even afford repair costs these days, which is just plain lazy.

If you carefully manage and save coins, Rank9 isnt that bad to achieve.
    At leaset from NW and BH, every week, lv100 character may be able to earn about 20m with g15 gear (melee is easier to get more NW tokens) while playing 1-2 hours a day.
    probably, a year and half, r9 is possible to achieve.
    But maybe aiming r9 is not fun to play.
  • xardiounium
    xardiounium Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mann..if you like return to game as a free to play player with nothing and start all at being, forget it!. Now days you need to spend real money in the game to survive. Even 10$ weekly or so, can keep you alive. Where you can gain cons as lvl1-50? Answer; nowhere!. Doing quests? No way!. Charge Real Cash..YES!. After this you can speak with Jolly to lvl79 you can earn ~300k each day. Then look for some TT runs (yes you can claim 150k each items there of cost repairs, subs, Hp/MP potions it's - 100k, you will win 50k always, ye if someone buy this stuff). Finally lvl100..
    There are possibility get from BH1, 5kk or 2kk or..useless chips..well good luck, FSP (10 avatar packs C, 2,5kk for all), also max 7,5kk(daily) at lvl100. If your gear is not so good for solo TT, tyr to be Head hunter it self; sell other players your help by killing low lvl bosses and try to take some money from them, I know it's look not so cool, but we have such cool system in game, then we need to beehive like this. I also sell mine cleric buffs(1h) for 100k each and Sage Revive too :-).
    other ways at lvl100 you can start to get any "free" money, sooner, forget it.

To all Critics:
    If you find better way to get money, don't be a shame tell us how to get more money in game with no r9 set, just regular set of lvl90~99lvl armor/weapon :]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    to the OP.

Hey man your to late.You should have came on when this new expansion hit with the illusion stones that lvl toon to 95-101.You could have made many accounts like everyone else and just used one too nto help them through bh 100's.I see it every day people logging in over 4 alts at a time doing BH's.I guess its better than the bot system.But beware they will probably shank bh1's eventually though....its just a matter of time.

PW lieks to make people pay for their mistakes..no I really mean pay.

But if you want to make coin in a basic way then just go farm materials on the map,herbs etc..people still up crafting skills and make pots or other gears to sell.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was thinking about coming back to the game, but it seems like grinding in game coin is now a thing of the past. All DQ's are worthless, and checking the forums, seems like the DQ point system was never replaced. So Admins, with the price of everything so damned high, what is going to happen to balance things out? Is it worth coming back to the game after playing maybe a handful of times in the last 2 years, or should I just go play a game of the oldest rolled parchment kind for £16-ish?

>FSP (Make and sell pages/skills)
    >TT golds
    >Cat shopping
    >Nation Wars
    >So on

You've forgotten whats all available.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This,

I havent played any games before where it is as easy to become filthy rich.

I played such games.

These are MMO and RPG.

There is no need to work every day using "farming" class,
    give up your computer to hungry game every day and night,
    work as merchant at market, etc.

Free to Play version mean, that user can play free in demo version, but to play in full version he must pay (time or money or both).

If you don't like it (if you can't get profit in game), you not play it, this is why pwi community has always same size and so dependent from cash-shoppers, which pay for this game.

Get profit in pwi mean: "ask cash-shoppers to pay for your services".
    As for working for every scrap....I work 50 to 70+ hours a week at my job. It pays very well, so I cash shop. I work for every scrap. I also work harder than someone spending time in game 10+ hours a day farming while living in mom and dad's basement. So again, moot point.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mann..if you like return to game as a free to play player with nothing and start all at being, forget it!. Now days you need to spend real money in the game to survive. Even 10$ weekly or so, can keep you alive. Where you can gain cons as lvl1-50? Answer; nowhere!. Doing quests? No way!. Charge Real Cash..YES!. After this you can speak with Jolly to lvl79 you can earn ~300k each day. Then look for some TT runs (yes you can claim 150k each items there of cost repairs, subs, Hp/MP potions it's - 100k, you will win 50k always, ye if someone buy this stuff). Finally lvl100..
    There are possibility get from BH1, 5kk or 2kk or..useless chips..well good luck, FSP (10 avatar packs C, 2,5kk for all), also max 7,5kk(daily) at lvl100. If your gear is not so good for solo TT, tyr to be Head hunter it self; sell other players your help by killing low lvl bosses and try to take some money from them, I know it's look not so cool, but we have such cool system in game, then we need to beehive like this. I also sell mine cleric buffs(1h) for 100k each and Sage Revive too :-).

To all Critics:
    If you find better way to get money, don't be a shame tell us how to get more money in game with no r9 set, just regular set of lvl90~99lvl armor/weapon :]

lemme get some things straight here - casue ur kind of post can really look disheartening to new pl seeking for advice ... just too many wrong assumptions.

first of all : questing in the lower lvls .. it used to be a pain - now it is really good --> free charms, free tele, free teleport, alot of coins in low lvl quests till lvl 70ish gears no problem aswell - free lvl 40 sets or armors in quests - after that qsandmaze for getting your gears from 55-85 - we got jolly aswell ... alot of ppl rolling alts . means even herb farming or farming for fruit/grass can be worth again

things start slowing down once u hit 80 - doesnt meatter means more time for jolly ... with 83+ new daily quests hitting the field .. providing a steady exp influx ....

atm there is many new guilds forming, with new ppl coming into the play - means alot of ppl that just got the same problems as any new person in the game - get together - bget stuff done

all in all its way more about : know how to NOT spend your coin, thant about knowing how to get coin.... casue believe me or not ... 80% of the server population, maybe more, fail at thatb:chuckle
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2015

To all Critics:

There is a lot false statements here.

If you really know how Joly works, you should understand that is one of the best 'easy' ways to get coin at lower level.

You can do joly since level 21 and to 80, being the level 21-30 the ones that gives less coin and the 71-80 the ones that gives more.

At lower level the only coin you will ever need will be for skills and potions, and even if Im not a big fan of doing quest on multiple characters, I think that for the first time is actually quite fun and a good way to get the basic skills leveled.
    Some of those chain quest gives you gear, as example the whole chain quest on Misfortune City gives Royal Gear which is pretty OP at that level

You say that the max level Joly quest give ~300k each day.
    This statement is wrong. At level 71+ Joly gives a total of 774.000 coins (158k for taking the seven orders + 616k if you do the 7 quest)
    Even if you use teleports like crazy and pay repairs and pots and you get reaaaaalllly unluky (said seven snake quests on a melee toon) you still will get more than 500k a day.

The only problem that I see on this game is for People who want to obtain a massive amount of coin in a really short time, especially if you are high level with bad gear and you don't know about the in game economy, this because at 100+ some of the best ways to make coins are farming instances and/or be a merchant. And in those cases the competition is huge.

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great points about leveling from 1 to 60 ( early levels). Everything you need is practically given to you. That glowing chest at the top of your screen, click it. Get a lot of useful items. Also there is an npc that gives free charms ( can't remember his name). Sure you won't get rich yet but you should be able easily survive the lower levels.

As for gear well doing fb and bh instances there is nice gear that drops, it's all bound Btw but nonetheless the gear will easily keep you alive.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great points about leveling from 1 to 60 ( early levels). Everything you need is practically given to you. That glowing chest at the top of your screen, click it. Get a lot of useful items. Also there is an npc that gives free charms ( can't remember his name). Sure you won't get rich yet but you should be able easily survive the lower levels.

Leveling form 1 to 60 is most easiest part of this game.

You can complete it with NPC gear of proper level and at 60th with TT gear

(it was, it is and it will be so to demonstrate abilities of game to potential cash-shoppers).

As for gear well doing fb and bh instances there is nice gear that drops, it's all bound Btw but nonetheless the gear will easily keep you alive.

All gear for high levels, that really necessary require some gems and refinement.

Best refinement level can be achieved using cash-shop items.

Best gems are cash-shop items.

High level players use some food (HP and MP), charms which are cash shop items.

To buy cash shop items you sell obtained by you items (coins, materials, flowers) to cash shoppers, which don't want to spend their time and want to play instead.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mann..if you like return to game as a free to play player...forget it!

I've been playing this game for over three years, as a FREE player, and it is so much easier to level and gear now then it used to be, it's not funny(but it kind of is, b:chuckle )! I love when I can set my archer or barb on auto culti for crafting mats, then run off on one of my mains and do dailies. Plus, by paying attention to the free codes posted weekly, and at special times, almost all my tunes are well equipped at their various levels and have decent mounts and flyers. If your not in a hurry to get to end game, this is still my favorite and only game at the moment. their is so much different stuff to get into, TT, OHT(just for the sake of crafting sometimes decnt gear and of course, for perf stones), eventually WS, NW after lvl 100(which I was doing with OHT/Lunar blue gear and TT 99 and T2 wep), and so on. Plus it's fun starting new farmer toons and learning new classes. But back to the first point, this game can be played for free and you just have to learn how to farm effectively and merch to make that extra coin.
    to the OP.

Hey man your to late.You should have came on when this new expansion hit with the illusion stones that lvl toon to 95-101...But if you want to make coin in a basic way then just go farm materials on the map,herbs etc..people still up crafting skills and make pots or other gears to sell.

YOU'RE NOT TOO LATE! It's just a matter of getting back into the game, back into a routine, following the various questlines and culti's(meridian, reawakening, reflection, if you can leave your comp on overnight or while you work, and other stuff) and doing a little research(database, for mat drops and new gears besides T2-3 or rank). I was off the game for almost 3 months(real life, no net for awhile and hard drive needed replacing). Personally, I don't like using the illusionary stones. I did it on 1 character and now he's 95, with all low level culti to do and no chance to earn coin and develop his skills(I did have some extra 88-95 gear i hooked him up with, but no shards of his own from level rewards). Just play and enjoy the game! b:victory
    mulier wrote: »
    lemme get some things straight here - casue ur kind of post can really look disheartening to new pl seeking for advice ... just too many wrong assumptions.

first of all : questing in the lower lvls .. it used to be a pain - now it is really good

This is what I was saying(and had been doing), OMG, it's so easy to set up farming toons, hehe, and at NO cost, just some time, and of course, the right level toon for farming whatever area you set him in! Read how below.

--> free charms, free tele, free teleport, alot of coins in low lvl quests till lvl 70ish gears no problem aswell - free lvl 40 sets or armors in quests - after that qsandmaze for getting your gears from 55-85 - we got jolly aswell ... alot of ppl rolling alts . means even herb farming or farming for fruit/grass can be worth again

things start slowing down once u hit 80 - doesnt meatter means more time for jolly ... with 83+ new daily quests hitting the field .. providing a steady exp influx ...atm there is many new guilds forming, with new ppl coming into the play - means alot of ppl that just got the same problems as any new person in the game - get together - bget stuff done

all in all its way more about : know how to NOT spend your coin, thant about knowing how to get coin.... casue believe me or not ... 80% of the server population, maybe more, fail at thatb:chuckle

And of couse, this last part he said, NOT spending your coin, LOL, making frugal use of the event gold you get on occasion from the weekly codes. Also, I still on occasion do some gathering in hell for an hour or two, buy a few renewal orbs and profit 500k-1m easy! Pots instead of charms, charms all the time is lazy, blah! b:chuckle
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory