Demon churning vortex for 1v1

demansfairy
demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
Now that churning vortex works, do you think it could be useful in 1v1 fights, by for exanple, casting it when your opponent is 10-14 meters from you then standing your ground so that he Flys back every 3 seconds and needs to spend ~2 seconds to run back to you? Think that could work? Or is it a bit too impractical?
full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
Post edited by demansfairy on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Now that churning vortex works, do you think it could be useful in 1v1 fights, by for exanple, casting it when your opponent is 10-14 meters from you then standing your ground so that he Flys back every 3 seconds and needs to spend ~2 seconds to run back to you? Think that could work? Or is it a bit too impractical?

Maybe if you were in a hallway enclosure, such as in TW at a base gate entrance or in a narrow part of Blood Arena. I think an intelligent opponent would just change their angle of approach, as they aren't contained to the dimensions of a fencing piste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In combination with devouring darkness yes, because with that debuff on it is impossible for the enemy to escape the vortex xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In combination with devouring darkness yes, because with that debuff on it is impossible for the enemy to escape the vortex xDD

Ooh explain this :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duckclux
    duckclux Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ooh explain this :o

Devouring darkness paralyzes for 1 second every 3 seconds, effect lasting 9 seconds. So that would only leave roughly 1 second for the person to escape the vortex, unless the paralyze happened to proc the same moment as the reel in. So even if the victim holy pathed at 15.0/s it is pretty tight race out of demons 15m range coming down to split seconds. Of course even a BM leap, distance shrink or the various classes that can teleport would easily bypass continuously being pulled, it may be a struggle to escape for those without these abilities, such as most casters.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Zzzzz Kniraven on my server, don't go explaining SB skills to him, I need SOME tricks left to try out on him when I hit end game b:surrender
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    duckclux wrote: »
    Devouring darkness paralyzes for 1 second every 3 seconds, effect lasting 9 seconds. So that would only leave roughly 1 second for the person to escape the vortex, unless the paralyze happened to proc the same moment as the reel in. So even if the victim holy pathed at 15.0/s it is pretty tight race out of demons 15m range coming down to split seconds. Of course even a BM leap, distance shrink or the various classes that can teleport would easily bypass continuously being pulled, it may be a struggle to escape for those without these abilities, such as most casters.

Is paralyze the same thing with stunning?
    Never played a toon that use paralyze untill SB so I realy dont know but its seems similar to me.
    If its not similar than what is the difference between them cause to me it looks the same.
    Target cannot take any action while is stunned or paralyzed.
    giphy.gif

• Bromeas - Sanctuary
    Bromeas - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is paralyze the same thing with stunning?
    Never played a toon that use paralyze untill SB so I realy dont know but its seems similar to me.
    If its not similar than what is the difference between them cause to me it looks the same.
    Target cannot take any action while is stunned or paralyzed.

Paralyze is basicaly the superior version of Stun.

Stun: Target can't take any actions, but it can be resisted by being immune to movement impairing effects, for example Purify weapon proc or Vacuity Powder. Also stun can't overwrite itself, means if you use stun on a target which is stunned already, it will still only be stunned for the duration of the first stun.

Paralyze: Target can't take any actions and can not be resisted by being immune to movement impairing effects. (Sins Tidal Protection, Absolute Domain and Faith can still block it tho.) Paralyze overwrites itself, means even if cast while a paralyze is already on the target, it refreshes and uses the whole duration of the last paralyze used.

Finally both can stack with each other and with any other effect that's similar, like Occult Ice or Ice Prison.
    Just because I don't write on forums too often, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.