Smoke Over Archosaur

Options
cornflakes2014
cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Where are the bosses? I see message about a powerful wraith trying to kill the teleport master, then another saying south city is occupied and a powerful wraith is after the Elder. But I see nothing. Maybe they were killed too fast?

By the teleport master, do they mean one of the 4 teleporters at archosaur? And for the last message, were we suppose to camp out at the Elder of Archosaur (even though he's in east and not south)?

I also only found out General Summer has a quest at the end of the event called Smoke Over Archosaur (same name as event). Anyone know what rewards he gives?
Post edited by cornflakes2014 on

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of people have been getting confused about what this event actually was and how it worked (at least on Dreamweaver), so I figured I'd post about my experiences with it. As far as I'm aware, I did everything you could do in that quest at least once.

After the event begins, two kinds of mobs will spawn in Archosaur. Each of these mobs can look like any sort of mob, as far as I know. One kind is level ?, has 16 HP, and you'll only ever do one damage to it (casters, melee them to death, it's faster than wasting mana casting). You get a Sparkling Crystal drop when you kill one. The other kind is untargetable and will attack the NPC soldiers. You cannot hurt those mobs. Look for ones wandering around, not the ones attacking NPCs.

Portals also spawn around the place. If you dig them, it'll spawn another monster, and when you kill the monster, you get a crystal and a firework. Hooray for fireworks?

As soon as the message appears that all the wraiths have been killed, go to General Summer. You'll notice the event has a timer on it - you have until that timer runs out to turn the quest in, or you'll automatically fail the quest. You get some nice goodies from him that you can open - I got 1000 perfect stones and 2 of the deep reflection shards. You also get a ton of XP, which increases depending on how many mobs you killed.

Approximately 5 minutes after the last mob is killed, three bosses appear in Archosaur. Going on today's run, they do not attack, simply walk slowly towards their destinations. One appears near West Gate to go after General Summer, one appears near South Gate to go after the Elder of Archosaur, and one appears in the sky in north-east Archosaur to go after a Teleport Master (??? don't remember which one). The bosses need to be killed in order to complete the quest. They drop some nice stuff that anyone can grab, so it'll be a free-for-all when they die.

And that's the event in a nutshell. I might have mixed up where rewards are given or missed out on some things, but that's what I experienced during the event.

does this help?
    thread found here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22357081#post22357081
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm not so sure the bosses spawn 'in order', they all get killed really quickly. I couldn't fly quick enough to either of the other bosses to try fighting them after the first dies.

It also seems like the bosses are random. Last Friday the boss in West was Zimo, today it was Rankarr.

And is it possible for archers to get any of the drops? There doesn't seem to be any time to try grabbing anything if I attack at range. . .
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The bosses spawn simultaneously. Drake spawns by the south gate, Fushma spawns (-not- in the sky) in the northeast quadrant where the Cube of Fate dog was. Rankar spawns by the west gate.

You need to have a little aggro on the boss in order to receive the reward. You do not need to turn in the quest at Gen Summer to be able to participate in the boss fight. The boss fight is what gives goodies. The turn in quest is only if you fought more then one mob in the first phase of the event (you get extra XP per mob killed).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.