[emergency Maintenance] 3/18/2015 Complete

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    We are not rolling anything back, just fixing the expiration date on the item.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surtr wrote: »
    We are not rolling anything back, just fixing the expiration date on the item.

Cool, tks for quick response.....can imagine how busy you are over there......
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    7 PM to 8:30 PM is stupid early.

Also, this directly conflicts with a possible Resource Wars time

Why can you not run this maintenance at say, Midnight, 1 AM?

Because then we have to be here until 2~3AM, and if something goes catastrophically wrong, even later.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pffft, then why do your regular maintenances so late at night? asking for consistency...
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good job on fixing this so quick, but it'd be really great to get the normal font back during this mini maintenance. The current font is a mono-spaced eyesore. b:surrender
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    Pffft, then why do your regular maintenances so late at night? asking for consistency...

Usually it's for the reason you'd imagine; we don't want to inconvenience too many of you guys.

However, this is a special situation, what with the crystals, so we want to get it done as soon as we can.
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyway we can be informed of the Resource Wars possibility tonight? Glad ur gonna start your anni event soon as the servers are back but, but RW so much more important to alot of us. Would be nice to know if it was going to happen or not...
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you guys could resolve the "server error - please log out and try again" issue at the same time, I'd be happy. b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The timeframe for RW has already passed, it'll be on tomorrow.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Blue, I get that and thats awesome

Heres the things

Tuesday quiz, Thursday smoke don't work currently - is that getting fixed?
    SB/DB s3 weap molds dont drop, is that getting fixed?
    Resource Wars will be screwed if it happens tonight, what about that?
    PLUS, most people probably already screwed up their dailies for today so they wont get a new crystal anyhow, but rather one taht expires due to maint...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tuesday quiz, Thursday smoke don't work currently - is that getting fixed?

Pretty sure these have to be turned on manually by gms and unfortunately 9am is like right when they get into work. Morai had their Tuesday event likely because their own gms turned it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • seekerboi87
    seekerboi87 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If your doing maint to fix the crystals, what about our crystals we had saved from previous week? we don't get those back? i almost had enough to get an reward.. also the anniversary ticket thing, read you get it every 2 hours? that doesn't happen after you collect it once x.x
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so why would this maintanence happen now well knowing that in about two hours two weekly events start?

Most goofiest timing ever, why not do the maintanence early morning or late at night when less people are playing or did someone at the office draw the short straw and had to stay late in order to do this?

Ok so edit, reading previous threads someone did draw the short straw....
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surtr any word on how to get the 10 star orb if you can only get 1 Anniversary Tickets per day?
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hi all,

We will be performing an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00pm PDT to fix the expiration date on Sparkling Crystals (see http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1749471 for more information).

We expect the server to be back up no later than 8:30pm. The Smoke Over Archosaur event that was scheduled for 7pm will be starting as soon as the servers are back up.

3 times in the last week it's all bullshllllttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They better give us Dreamchaser packs for this. Kitty had just started today's PVing knowing she'd be done before reset and Kitty would have got couple chars to 100 tomorrow. But no, one moar day before those chars reach 100.b:angryb:cryb:bye

E: Oh, they've posted about this when Kitty was sleeping...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    3 times in the last week it's all bullshllllttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    then again it will be 4 times in a week Tuesday around
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am glad for this maintenance :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let the rage begin! Continue... Whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    while on it, could you guys take a look into the servertime, please? Morai is 5 minutes ahead and Harshlands about 2 minutes. ongoing for a few weeks already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • imparatulcezar
    imparatulcezar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what about the 2 nd quest with every 2 hours to get those tickets will be fixed ?
  • _HyperDrive_ - Dreamweaver
    _HyperDrive_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    GM still didnt answer if we gonna get our collection of crystal back or not
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what about the 2 nd quest with every 2 hours to get those tickets will be fixed ?

i agree i want it fixed b:victory
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    GM still didnt answer if we gonna get our collection of crystal back or not

If you refer to the link in the FIRST post.

"UPDATE 4:30 pm
    I just heard back from the developers about the Anniversary Tickets. Unfortunately, it seems it ultimately boiled down to miscommunication; you're only supposed to get one ticket per day after two hours, not one ticket every two hours. Since this was the original design it's not something that can be changed, but I will be making sure that the text is updated accordingly in the next patch.

We've also confirmed that the Scholarly Challenge is not giving Sparkling Crystals, and will be contacting the developers regarding a fix.

Both of these issues are definitely being taken into consideration in our discussion about compensation, but we still don't have anything solid to announce regarding that yet (though I can definitely say it will NOT be war avatars. :P). I will continue to update this thread with more information as I receive it.

UPDATE 2:00 pm
    We will be having an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00 pm PDT to fix the expiration date on the crystals and stop them from disappearing. We will not be able to directly restore crystals that have been lost, but are discussing compensation options including extending the end date and/or running additional events. I will update this thread as soon as more information is available.

Also, please keep this thread on topic about the anniversary. I understand there are other issues people want answers to, but it makes it easier for everyone if we keep separate issues to separate threads."
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    linder420 wrote: »
    i agree i want it fixed b:victory

Read the link in the first post. It was a typo. It was only ever supposed to be one per day, 2hrs after reset.

EDIT - ninja'd by ericamariex222
  • madclericxxx
    madclericxxx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ty PWI for awesome event that is hm awesome event keep them coming support is awesome the game changes are awesome GREAT job you guys *pat on the back all round* btw loving the drop rates you made that Soooooooo awesome too b:victoryb:laughb:byeb:shutup
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forget where it was mentioned, but the quest where you get a ticket every two hours was never supposed to be every two hours. It was more like the Lucidsilver/Lucidgold quests, once a day and must be on for 2 hours. Apparently it was a miscommunication between people.

Hopefully they extend the event now that people know that, since I have no idea how you're supposed to get the orbs with it like that.
  • Jokera - Raging Tide
    Jokera - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    SweetBeauty, why ppl dont rage anymore and suddenly acting like if they were civilized ? b:dirty
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if its 1 per day then tell me how ur gana get 90 for a 10 star orb. cuz if u can actual do math u will know its compleatly impossible so they shouldnt do stupid **** like this if its compleatly impossible
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm happy. Opened another meridan gate a few seconds before getting disconnected. (Since I take Screenshots of Serenity's gear now for the simplest shutdowns...since I do not trust PWI with it. I'm only hoping that gate stays open. We'll see. :D That's all that I'm hoping for from this maintenance...just let my meridan gate stay open...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)