[emergency Maintenance] 3/18/2015 Complete

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

We will be performing an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00pm PDT to fix the expiration date on Sparkling Crystals (see http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1749471 for more information).

We expect the server to be back up no later than 8:30pm. The Smoke Over Archosaur event that was scheduled for 7pm will be starting as soon as the servers are back up.
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hi all,

We will be performing an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00pm PDT to fix the expiration date on Sparkling Crystals (see http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1749471 for more information).

We expect the server to be back up no later than 8:30pm.

Thankyou Surtr :D
    We appreciate how on top of this you've been and you great communication!
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I second that, thanks for keeping us updated.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you for your efforts.

Few a quick question.

--Since this is one of the 2 days of Resource Wars, can we safely expect it in the Thursday time-slot? or do we face the possibility of one week's lost event?

Thanks in advance.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That is really great job. Thank you very much for keeping us informed b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice job scheduling the maintenance during the Archosaur Smoke event. As if we hadn't already missed enough opportunities to gain the crystals.

You have 2 other issues with the events.
    - Thursday and Tuesday events don't work.
    - Scholarly challenge has a bugged reward entry in the db and doesn't reward any crystals like it's supposed to.

Will those 2 issues be fixed?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice job scheduling the maintenance during the Archosaur Smoke event. As if we hadn't already missed enough opportunities to gain the crystals.

- Scholarly challenge has a bugged reward entry in the db and doesn't reward any crystals like it's supposed to.

Sw33tiebot please reward Astypoo some cookies for pwning this thread hard.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015

Asterelle, while the server is down could you figure out what sort of algorithm is used in determining the daily BH Quest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    don't worry about the arch event because the mobs aren't going to accomplish anything even if no one does anything to them and plus the npc warriors have it under control.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    don't worry about the arch event because the mobs aren't going to accomplish anything even if no one does anything to them and plus the npc warriors have it under control.

This is true. The Archosaur guards are very strong. They can kill me in like 5 hits b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Omg that negativity! They are fixing crystal issue same day when it happened! not next week. And we still complain. Any way, what is the point of the event, if crystals gonna puff same second you relog, or dc? sure i am sad cause i wont get potential exp from event, but still...
    I think doing maintenance on event time is better than no maintenance at all, or maintenance next week. b:victory
    Lets include more positivity in our lives - pwi people trying to do something, pwi people finally started to listen us, pwi people started to fix problems. But instead of thank you we spit same negativity as before, when nothing was done and all our complaints where ignored. b:cute
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So like...what about all the crystals people had gathered? So like I had enough for at LEAST a gold guardian charm and now I have to save up all over again....are you guys going to do anything about that? Also when are you fixing the events so they are going to be actually doable every day you SAY they are going to be....
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Omg that negativity! They are fixing crystal issue same day when it happened! not next week. And we still complain. Any way, what is the point of the event, if crystals gonna puff same second you relog, or dc? sure i am sad cause i wont get potential exp from event, but still...
    I think doing maintenance on event time is better than no maintenance at all, or maintenance next week. b:victory
    Lets include more positivity in our lives - pwi people trying to do something, pwi people finally started to listen us, pwi people started to fix problems. But instead of thank you we spit same negativity as before, when nothing was done and all our complaints where ignored. b:cute

Exactly! 3 Cheers for PWE!

Hip-Hip- HOORAY!

Hip-Hip- HOOORAY!

Hip-Hip- HOOOOOOORAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Will we get the ones that disappeared back? I had more than 40 crystals on TorquoiseBlu, and was saving up for the War Avatar pack. You can see my concern.
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi all,

Surtr are you able to fix drop tables without china's help? The r9rr and 3rd cast nirvana weapons are all already in the encyclopedia database, so therefore in the game files already, however they are definately not dropping. It would be almost trivial it is so easy to fix that just copy and paste the files and edit the % of all drops to fit these in.

If not, can we get an eta on when the fix is comming? It is kinda weird having r9rr armor but no weapon.

Also while on the subject the Stormbringer r9rr leg mold is miss named, it is called bracers for some weird reason. Also all the new gear says "GM" on it.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Will we get the ones that disappeared back? I had more than 40 crystals on TorquoiseBlu, and was saving up for the War Avatar pack. You can see my concern.

We probably won't get them back. Just keepin it real
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi all,

are we going to get crystals for the other events like it says and fix the event with the coins that says stay online and get one every 2 hours your online?
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    thedoc1212 wrote: »
    are we going to get crystals for the other events like it says and fix the event with the coins that says stay online and get one every 2 hours your online?

I think Surtr is just the messenger.
    I am doubtful he has full details on what exactly is being done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think Surtr is just the messenger.
    I am doubtful he has full details on what exactly is being done.

Would still be nice if they would atleast acknowledge the fact that the event has been broken and not fixed.
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    once again PW fails... save your self some energy, just give us the prizes and close those nonworking event. And talk to china to plan the next event 1 year in advance.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Would still be nice if they would atleast acknowledge the fact that the event has been broken and not fixed.

I thought this whole thread was an open acknowledgement that the event is broken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2015
    Smoke Over Archosaur will start as soon as maintenance is completed.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015

BAM!
    Surtr strikes again with his powers of awesomeness b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    i think i am in love with Surtr b:dirty b:cute b:chuckle
  • Neurot - Sanctuary
    Neurot - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can you also change the font back please? (I know this is about the anniversary event issues but hoping the font is an easy fix that can just go in with the anniversary event fixes :( ).
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can you also change the font back please? (I know this is about the anniversary event issues but hoping the font is an easy fix that can just go in with the anniversary event fixes :( ).

Nuuuuu. I like the new font, with "l" and "I" being distinct. Also "m" and "rn"
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015

What about the 2nd part of Asterelle's post :

Scholarly challenge is suppose to give a box and a crystal for each correct answer. We're only getting the box. Is somebody looking into this? And if so, is there an ETA?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a big thank you for the quick aknowledgement and communication.
    Pw still is missing steps but its really nice to see one in the right direction.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    7 PM to 8:30 PM is stupid early.

Also, this directly conflicts with a possible Resource Wars time

Why can you not run this maintenance at say, Midnight, 1 AM?
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't Resource Wars at 8pm server time? That's what, this hour? Maint. is in two hours.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Surtr can you confirm whether this is a rollback or not. IDK overly about the event but I will stop questing through the new area on my alt if its going to be a rollback?

I only ask because someone on HL suggested it will be a rollback.....b:surrender