Scholarly Challenge

Options
ultradry
ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Scholarly Challenge

Every Monday at 4:00 PM PDT (7:00 PM EDT)

Every Tuesday at 9:00 AM PDT (12:00 PM EDT)

Take a break from slaying enemies and see how far your wisdom will get you! Once the Scholarly Challenge is about to start, make sure to talk to Scholarly Challenge Officer in Archosaur [546, 668], to enter the great quiz hall.

were in the *** did they say u only got 2mins to enter they only say u can enter there they havent give any guild lines and almost onone that log in during the event if its already start can enter this is utter bull****.
they need to explain there events better and not just say its starts at this time at this place
they need to give us aleast the guildline of entering it not just when it start and finish and were to enter

anyone else feel the same way?
Post edited by ultradry on

Comments

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just completed the event.

It was pretty self-explanatory and at 20 minutes before the event was due to start, a red chat appeared. I went to a teleporter and looked around for a weird NPC. (NOTE: I went in before the event "started.")
    Finding one, I hopped inside and spoke to the center NPC, which had an explanation button.

Really helpful, though it was fun learning on the first few questions that some PW_CN questions/answers are mixed in with the PWI questions. b:chuckle

TL;DR: I don't feel the same, OP.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ultradry wrote: »
    Scholarly Challenge

Take a break from slaying enemies and see how far your wisdom will get you! Once the Scholarly Challenge is about to start, make sure to talk to Scholarly Challenge Officer in Archosaur [546, 668], to enter the great quiz hall.

were in the *** did they say u only got 2mins to enter they only say u can enter there they havent give any guild lines and almost onone that log in during the event if its already start can enter this is utter bull****.
    they need to explain there events better and not just say its starts at this time at this place
    they need to give us aleast the guildline of entering it not just when it start and finish and were to enter

Said it would start in 20 minutes in red text. Plenty of time to READ the instructions for entering and how to do the quest.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Said it would start in 20 minutes in red text. Plenty of time to READ the instructions for entering and how to do the quest.
    yea but i log in after why the event was happening so they need to fix what happens in events
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    yea but i log in after why the event was happening so they need to fix what happens in events

Who's fault is it that you logged in after? The event was fine with the exception of some CN questions mixed in
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

This guy...

Yeah, it's totally PWI's fault that you logged in after the event started, PWI, fix your stuff b:cry /Sarcasm

The NPC even offers precise instructions about what to do in there, I mean, know your time, login before, get ready for the event... That's what normal people do anyways b:cute

Mr. Justice
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Rewards sucked anyway so don't worry about it.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The EXP is really good for the event...the rewards suck. The big issue is that the questions have a lot to do with PWCN which is really derp of PWE....thanks for asking us questions we wouldn't know unless we played on PWCN.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The EXP is really good for the event...the rewards suck. The big issue is that the questions have a lot to do with PWCN which is really derp of PWE....thanks for asking us questions we wouldn't know unless we played on PWCN.

*shrugs* I'm 105x3 so I didn't know there was XP involved.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On Sanctuary it even started 20 minutes late - the red warning text came up at 4:00pm so the event 'started' at 4:20.

I just wish they could have disabled mounts like they do in dungeons. You have plenty of time to get within a letter zone, so all the mounts do really is add rendering lag for a lot of people.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You think you guys got it bad? These events aren't adjusted for euro time... On Morai these kind of things run past midnight.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    On Sanctuary it even started 20 minutes late - the red warning text came up at 4:00pm so the event 'started' at 4:20.

I just wish they could have disabled mounts like they do in dungeons. You have plenty of time to get within a letter zone, so all the mounts do really is add rendering lag for a lot of people.

i had 40 fps in there. how?

tool-icon above your hp bar "only show your own model" ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rewards: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/33198 funny that you can get chips or chip pack, but the pro stuff is that you can get "bound" dumplings and "tradeable" dumplings, guess we have to fill the (not properly implemented yet but) expanded inventory. :D

best part are the pw-china questions like:
    "when was the launch of the live server version of perfect world 2 in china?"
    how should we know, this is not pw-china. or questions not valid for pwi:
    "how many supply tokens does it take to craft a dragon orb (5 star)?"
    we cannot craft dragon orbs from supply tokens in pwi. or questions with wrong answers only:
    "in perfect world, which item can change a character's name upon use?" a)auto-recovery stone b)perfect stone c)hyper exp stone d)chienkun stone
    all given options are wrong, we can rename a character with an identity stone, which is not an option in the quiz.

fun litte event tho, and it worked, once, for now. b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This was an interesting concept and we need to redo that in the future.
    But next time, PWE should check questions/answers and adapt to our version.

And as Evryn said, times for the events on EU server are a joke....
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rewards: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/33198 funny that you can get chips or chip pack, but the pro stuff is that you can get "bound" dumplings and "tradeable" dumplings, guess we have to fill the (not properly implemented yet but) expanded inventory. :D

best part are the pw-china questions like:
    "when was the launch of the live server version of perfect world 2 in china?"
    how should we know, this is not pw-china. or questions not valid for pwi:
    "how many supply tokens does it take to craft a dragon orb (5 star)?"
    we cannot craft dragon orbs from supply tokens in pwi. or questions with wrong answers only:
    "in perfect world, which item can change a character's name upon use?" a)auto-recovery stone b)perfect stone c)hyper exp stone d)chienkun stone
    all given options are wrong, we can rename a character with an identity stone, which is not an option in the quiz.

fun litte event tho, and it worked, once, for now. b:chuckle

There were also other stupid questions regarding NW Like:
    1. What's the min level to enter NW? and replies were between lvl 100+, RB lvl 100, RB2 lvl 100, RB2 lvl 100 Mirage sky X, or smth like that, while NW is 60+
    2. Where are u getting the rewards from NW? and replies were all correct since they were all Mailboxes, 1st answer was in the world map, others in Morai, Primal, Celestial Vale or smth like that, i selected all around the world map and it popped as incorrect lol

All around EU players should not feel bad for missing it, it's just totally not worth it to stay up to 1am to do it, considering the lame rewards
  • Ostara - Lost City
    Ostara - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ours hasn't popped up yet. Might be running late. Also had stupid questions yesterday like "What are the requirements for entering QSM" and the choices were all 100+ with various levels or arcane sky and reawakening which weren't true.
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Waiting here like a moron on Harshlands too
  • Gwinavere - Heavens Tear
    Gwinavere - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nothing ever happened in Heaven's Tear and I waited almost an hour. It would be nice to at least see the issues with this, the perpetual celebration quest, and other event bugs recognized, if not also fixed. :/
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    at the very least an acknowledgment so we don't feel like continual fools.
  • Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver
    Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    geirskokul wrote: »
    at the very least an acknowledgment so we don't feel like continual fools.
    ikr I'm the fool standing around waiting over an hour now b:surrender

Nothing happened on Dreamweaver
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Scholarly Challenge

Several events have a very short window for you to start them
    Warsoul Tournament, City of Abombinations, and even to some extent Jungle Ruins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwinavere - Heavens Tear
    Gwinavere - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FWIW, I submitted a ticket asking about several issues including this. The first response was the normal cookie cutter response that denied any issues and ignored 2/3 of what I was reporting. The second response says they have received reports of the issue with the challenge today and have sent it on to another team to handle. They said to watch news posts and patch notes. We all know how much news actually gets posted formally, so I figured I would at least pass it along here.
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FWIW, I submitted a ticket asking about several issues including this. The first response was the normal cookie cutter response that denied any issues and ignored 2/3 of what I was reporting. The second response says they have received reports of the issue with the challenge today and have sent it on to another team to handle. They said to watch news posts and patch notes. We all know how much news actually gets posted formally, so I figured I would at least pass it along here.

We also all know how much time the stagecoach+ galley needs to reach China. At least three months. b:laugh Maybe pwe/pwcn should use the new thing called "email" and just transfer the letter/code this way. Just a suggestion.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have one question about this event.

When I read the event description, it said:
    Take a break from slaying enemies and see how far your wisdom will get you! Once the Scholarly Challenge is about to start, make sure to talk to Scholarly Challenge Officer in Archosaur [546, 668], to enter the great quiz hall. Get your thinking cap on and answer the multiple choice questions by running into the A, B, C or D zones.

The participation is well worth it, as you can score rewards such as EXP, Spirit, Sparkling Crystal and Chest of Academic Knowledge!

The thing is that I did this event on one of my toons and I got like 13 chest and a lot of exp but I didn't got Sparkling Crystal .

So my question is: You need to have a perfect score on this event?

or is the Sparkling Crystal thing by chance or just glitched??
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the update :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]