Best Lunar Duo

slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
With the new classes out, does anyone see a change in what they think would be the best duo team to do lunar runs? I've heard barbs and BM make the best runs because of them being tanky and BMs AoE skills, but havent been able to find a thread discussing what teamup and why/how, etc
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hey, dont forget the barbs AOE skills ! b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Valor - Morai
    Valor - Morai Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sunder+Arma from a barb buffed with a mystic's invigorate will clear out every single lunar pull, at least if you don't miss the mobs.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    Sunder+Arma from a barb buffed with a mystic's invigorate will clear out every single lunar pull, at least if you don't miss the mobs.

Invigorate does 20% extra damage, that makes the difference for a small range of barbs i guess. It will not be enough for a G16 barb and it will not be needed for an R9 vit barb.

Mobs have 1.1m HP

When me and my BM buddy were G16, it was as follows:

I Sunder (with hammer not axe) for about 100k,
    He HFs with an inferior weapon to prevent getting aggro for 50k.
    I Armageddon for 600k (1.2m if zerk)
    If armageddon didnt zerk, we both add 1 or 2 more AOEs to finish them.
    Then APS the extra HP or phys resist mobs.

A mistake in the combo was lethal. He would die if he got agro and we both would die if we didnt kill the mobs (map3) before our anti stun ran out.
    When we got R9+12 weapons, nothing really mattered anymore, he could pretty much solo the pulls.
  • slapyourgrandma
    edited March 2015
    How about a barb and a psychic????

I've heard psychics deal a good amt of aoe damage...or would the concern be that he'd pull aggro too easily?

I've even thought maybe a veno+herc and an aps sin to do quick runs but not big pulls.
    I have no working knowledge on the new classes so not sure how they'd play a part of it.

My concern behind a Barb and BM, aren't there mobs that have physical immunity? I've never played a BM so don't know the details behind all that.
    Raging Tides:

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    No there arent physical immune mobs. There is only the tombstones in normal lunar map 1. But you dont want to kill any tombstone in TM lunar (they cause a second boss to appear if you do). Usually in normal lunar we carried a dual client cleric around for the tombstone, but even without it, any toon can kill that 1 mob with a little patience.

I just received message that my BM buddy can now solo TM lunar for gold medals.
    He doesnt need me anymore b:cry
  • slapyourgrandma
    edited March 2015
    SO if you wanted to farm out EoD and molds, etc in lunar you'd def need some type of mag DD.

Good info, thx!
    Raging Tides:

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Poison Fang's enough to deal with the tombstones for barbs. For other physical classes, any skill that adds elemental damage, elemental damage apoths, or elemental shards in weapons (doesn't have to be your main weapon, just equip it to deal with the tombstones) to deal with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga