Stormbringer PvP

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
Hi guys,

as there is little to no (rather no) video around showing PvP with a Stormbringer close to Endgame (and even below that) I thought that I record and upload some stuff like this.

I already uploaded some videos pre r9rr (you can check them out here and here) and now I also uploaded one with full r9rr armors +10 with Full excl Garnets (you can check out my gear with the link in my Signature, cept that I used a G14 + 10 cube neck in those fights).

You can watch the most recent Video here in which I fight an Archer several times and a Sin once (cause I somehow lost the footage of 2 other fights, but this was the best one anyways, so.). Enjoy.

PS: You find the exact gear of the Archer at the very end (and thus you can also see my gears via comparision function).

PSS: Guys I gotta add that I am so happy with the Demon Skills. Seriously. They are all amazing. But the Lvl100 debuff skill is so friggin OP...heck I love it <3 You might also wanna know that they fixed Churning vortex that is now doing exactly what it was supposed to do, reeling in anyone in range (and the range is huge imho) without that random "does nothing" going on earlier. That they made Reaper Form an instant skill really really makes a big difference, especially in PvP. <3
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi guys,

as there is little to no (rather no) video around showing PvP with a Stormbringer close to Endgame (and even below that) I thought that I record and upload some stuff like this.

I already uploaded some videos pre r9rr (you can check them out here and here) and now I also uploaded one with full r9rr armors +10 with Full excl Garnets (you can check out my gear with the link in my Signature, cept that I used a G14 + 10 cube neck in those fights).

You can watch the most recent Video here in which I fight an Archer several times and a Sin once (cause I somehow lost the footage of 2 other fights, but this was the best one anyways, so.). Enjoy.

PS: You find the exact gear of the Archer at the very end (and thus you can also see my gears via comparision function).

PSS: Guys I gotta add that I am so happy with the Demon Skills. Seriously. They are all amazing. But the Lvl100 debuff skill is so friggin OP...heck I love it <3 You might also wanna know that they fixed Churning vortex that is now doing exactly what it was supposed to do, reeling in anyone in range (and the range is huge imho) without that random "does nothing" going on earlier. That they made Reaper Form an instant skill really really makes a big difference, especially in PvP. <3

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the vids! Could you take some of you fighting mystics and/or other casters? I would be really interested to observe sb vs. other arcanes. There aren't a lot of r9rr sb on my server that I know of. Also I see that lvl 100 debuff is really cool and effective.

• Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    koryn7 wrote: »
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the vids! Could you take some of you fighting mystics and/or other casters? I would be really interested to observe sb vs. other arcanes. There aren't a lot of r9rr sb on my server that I know of. Also I see that lvl 100 debuff is really cool and effective.

I am currently uploading a vid of todays NW, will be rdy soon altho it is quite big (~58 minutes) as I rec'ed nearly the whole NW. I had fights vs nearly any possible class. Remember tho: My weapon is still just a r9r +7 weapon without Purify Proc and you can see dozens of situations where my DMG just isn't sufficient, altho it is already pretty good in comparision.

You can also see that the debuff loses alot of power on fully buffed, NW wined people as their basic Def stat is at least 260% (Buffs, NW wine and Primal Passives). Still the debuff does add loads of dmg, just not that "Bam you're 1-shot"-thingy.

IMHO I can already pack quite a punch even with just standard NW buffs. Neat! But you'll see all this and more once the vid is done. I tried alot of stuff and got rekt so many times but well, still exploring the class :D
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi guys,

Omfg yesss Joe your vids are AMAZING!!! I should have my r9 next month, I can't wait! Demon is the way to go :D
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Omfg yesss Joe your vids are AMAZING!!! I should have my r9 next month, I can't wait! Demon is the way to go :D

Oh thank you very much (:

Here is the link for the NW recording. Have fun :D

PS: Yeah, demon is definitly the way to go (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi guys,

Some things I noticed with the archer first is you kept trying to fight at range instead of getting close to not only reduce his damage in half, but activate night of the blood shade's damage reduction 0_o. Like you would stun him or just be casting skills you could move while casting at him and stay at like 15 meters + away from him, was really weird. Also when you got purged in that last fight took you well over a minute to rebuff lunar guidance against one of the few classes in game where that skill matters agianst, agian was really weird. My criticism aside, holy s*** nice work beating a 3rd ea w/ Josd in his armor Jesus christ.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    imho : less moving and better'? use of the stand-and use skills. i got the feeling in alot of those fights u were relying way too much on those 4 on move skills in spam :P

but thats it .. really ncie video gives a nice first glimps of what is and can be possibleb:victoryb:victory

on a sidenote : i dunno why, but your barbarian 1on1s are more interesting to watch, at least to me :P
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Its really really tempting to just walk around all the time xD

Vs that archer I didnt really think I could actually win so I was more or less just fooling around but ya ofc. You always wanna be close to an Archer. The botns (Blood of the nightshade) dmg reduction is ~25% if you are in melee range to the attacker.

During that time I wasn't really used to tidal force and all simply cause I ignored that skill beforehand simply cause it sucked big time. Now that this skill is really OP I have to use it more often Especially in 1on1. Still too bad that only most of the moving skills get a dmg boost from reaper form which is a major reason why I am using these mostly.

But til now all this was just fooling around. I will try to get serious PvPing done once the weapons are avaible. Heck..look at my NW video and imagine I would've already had purify proc and ~60% more dmg xD ya.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476