what shardings to use on nv3 armour for SB

aburiidah
aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
I am hoping to get full lunar nv3 armours for my SB very soon and was wondering what shards should I use? Incomparable garnets/citrines or both?
Post edited by aburiidah on

Comments

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just use garnets, there is no point in sharding vit as you can get quite a good amount of HP out of refine. I did and will always shard garnets pre-endgame on any Arcane Toon. Their major weakness is physical defense.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Exactly as Joe stated. Garnets provide great base pdef which is further multiplied by primal passives, cleric, bm, and most importantly Reaper Form. All of this can make a +85 pdef shard into like +200 pdef buffs and maybe 300 pdef while in Reaper Form.

Where as HP only gets buffed by Barb buff and cube neck and r9 chest which reaches maybe only 40% max hp while pdef reaches 80% + 60% +80% making it already 220% original value by just having cleric, bm, and primal passives. Don't forget the reaper form which easily spikes you to 380-520% depending on how much buffs you have on.

In theory, HP shards do work better than vit for MAG classes than melee classes but the lack of pdef must be filled. Refines and garnets shards alone will offer way more than refines and citrines will in general terms.