Smoke Over Archosaur

Options
Molniya - Dreamweaver
Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
I've noticed a lot of people have been getting confused about what this event actually was and how it worked (at least on Dreamweaver), so I figured I'd post about my experiences with it. As far as I'm aware, I did everything you could do in that quest at least once.

After the event begins, two kinds of mobs will spawn in Archosaur. Each of these mobs can look like any sort of mob, as far as I know. One kind is level ?, has 16 HP, and you'll only ever do one damage to it (casters, melee them to death, it's faster than wasting mana casting). You get a Sparkling Crystal drop when you kill one. The other kind is untargetable and will attack the NPC soldiers. You cannot hurt those mobs. Look for ones wandering around, not the ones attacking NPCs.

Portals also spawn around the place. If you dig them, it'll spawn another monster, and when you kill the monster, you get a crystal and a firework. Hooray for fireworks?

As soon as the message appears that all the wraiths have been killed, go to General Summer. You'll notice the event has a timer on it - you have until that timer runs out to turn the quest in, or you'll automatically fail the quest. You get some nice goodies from him that you can open - I got 1000 perfect stones and 2 of the deep reflection shards. You also get a ton of XP, which increases depending on how many mobs you killed.

Approximately 5 minutes after the last mob is killed, three bosses appear in Archosaur. Going on today's run, they do not attack, simply walk slowly towards their destinations. One appears near West Gate to go after General Summer, one appears near South Gate to go after the Elder of Archosaur, and one appears in the sky in north-east Archosaur to go after a Teleport Master (??? don't remember which one). The bosses need to be killed in order to complete the quest. They drop some nice stuff that anyone can grab, so it'll be a free-for-all when they die.

And that's the event in a nutshell. I might have mixed up where rewards are given or missed out on some things, but that's what I experienced during the event.
Post edited by Molniya - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for that last bit about the bosses. I certainly couldn't figure that out, and it explains the mobs I couldn't target as not just lag mucking things up.

But do you know if this is another L80 and above quest (I'm just L79)? Because I thought this went along the lines of an Assault on Arch. I just started killing things - and had no timer or received anything other than the drops.

If anyone can tell in advance if the quiz event is going to be level limited, it would also be nice to know.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    nothing happening in Harshlands
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Smoke Over Archosaur Every Thursday at 9:00 AM PDT (12:00 PM EDT)

thats 30min ago, right?
    so, is it just a bit late or do we suffer the old 'event works, but only once' syndrome? b:sad
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Smoke Over Archosaur Every Thursday at 9:00 AM PDT (12:00 PM EDT)

thats 30min ago, right?
    so, is it just a bit late or do we suffer the old 'event works, but only once' syndrome? b:sad

XD maybe they forget to set the alarm to wake up from their nap today to start the event? Or the mobs didn't wanna get creamed again by an entire server of people willing to farm them for free stuff. MOBS ON STRIKE!
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Gee thanks everyone. You beat the mobs so bad you broke the event.b:thanks
  • sailormoon4ever
    sailormoon4ever Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was on at 9am and its now 9:55am and have seen nothing happening. For those that were able to participate before, how long does this event last?
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't know whats confusing. This times are NOT server times its world time so it starts on ALL servers at same time. I will post links and read LOCAL time to learn when event starts where you live:

Every Wednesday at 7:00 PM PDT (10:00 PM EDT)

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=19

Every Thursday at 9:00 AM PDT (12:00 PM EDT)

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=9

Every Friday at 4:00 PM PDT (7:00 PM EDT)

http://www.timebie.com/std/pdt.php?q=16
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    there is no confusion oh master of time.

noon eastern came and passed with no event
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lanebre wrote: »
    I don't know whats confusing. This times are NOT server times its world time so it starts on ALL servers at same time. I will post links and read LOCAL time to learn when event starts where you live:

You do realize...that the time you listed for today...which is a Thursday...has already passed and there was no event? LOL wonder when a GM is going to come on and say something about this or if sparkiesoft will say something.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    huh, guess I'm just laissee faire about the stupid time mix-ups. We get two and a half months of this so it will be fixed or it wont. I'm not going to stress over game bugs unless they break functionality.

But could someone PLEASE be useful and answer my questions from before? Is this quest (for the rewards) restricted to higher level toons? If not, do we need to go somewhere to pick the quest up to earn final rewards? How does one get the timer?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd say it is level restricted, because I was in Archosaur when the event started and automatically got the quest, there wasn't an NPC to start it.

The system messages showed up earlier on Dreamweaver (I was about to go out so didn't participate in them, but I did see them), so it may be working. If it's broken, they'll most likely fix it next maint. since it'll be around for a long time.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lanebre wrote: »

Thank you for explaining times.
    I was a bit confused.
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't know about level restrictions as I have no alts lower than lvl 80. I do know that the quest part starts the minute you hit one of the destroyable mobs. Usually there is 4-5 waves of mobs, they appear near the walls, gates, inside buildings, and in a lot of places that no one ever bothers going. Many times I have found mobs just standing in a remote corner. Each mob killed gives one Sparkling Crystal, and I have seen people kill mobs but leave the drops. If you do more than 50% of the damage to any mob, you get credit for the kill/get the drops.

To collect on the final bosses, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE QUEST GIVEN BY GENERAL SUMMER when it is stated in red text with a green auto-pathed link to the General after the final wave. Once the boss(es) are down, you can grab drops (Sparkling Crystals, pouches) and you get a Mercenary Pouch, that can contain perfect stones, mirages, Ecstasy (1million coins) and Excitement (5 million coins) cards. If they have anything else in them I haven't received it, but I have received the above multiple times. The most common items seem to be Perfect Stones (x1000). And yes, experience. I think that we get 500k per mob kill and once you start hitting them you get a counter that shows how many you have killed. Today I got over 10 million experience for killing 20 mobs. Very much worth it, and to make up for when it didn't work, it seems to be happening every evening after 7pm server time. It has been in HL server, anyway.

Have fun with it and good luck!
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    And that's the event in a nutshell. I might have mixed up where rewards are given or missed out on some things, but that's what I experienced during the event.

Yes, you have. In a nutshell the event runs like this:
    - 10 minute warning before start
    - 5 minute warning before start
    - NPCs spawn. There's a bunch of Vanguards which can't be attacked, but there are also scouts and portals. The scouts can be attacked directly, the portals have to be dug to spawn a scout. Scouts have 16 hitpoints and take 1 damage from any hit - so just aps em, even if you're a caster. Each scout drops one Sparkling Crystal at the end. Digging a portal also gives you a firework.
    - As soon as you have hit a mob a few times, you automatically get the event quest. The first mob you kill finishes the "A first trial" quest, which gives XP based on your level, and 20 Dumplings + 20 Rainbow Junxao, untradeable. You also get an Archosaur Merit Badge, 20 of these can be redeemed for a temporary title.
    - Subsequent kills are added to a kill tracker. Once the mobs stop spawning, you can turn in this quest to General Summer. You get a fixed amount of XP and spirit per extra kill, which can add up quite fast, but you get no rewards. If you do have extra kills and turn in the quest, you'll get a next quest to find the "Wraith Siege Plan"
    - Go to the spots where the bosses spawn. One spawns by the west gate, one by the south gate, a third spawn in the northeastern district. Attack the boss together with other players.
    - MAKE SURE YOU ARE ATTACKING THE BOSS WHEN IT DIES
    - The quest will auto complete as the boss dies, the Wraith Siege Plan transforms into a usable item, sometimes two. The main item contains either:
    * 45 Mirages
    * 1000 Pstones
    * 1 Extacy card
    * 1 Excitement card (uncommon)
    * 1 Ten Million Big Note (rare, got it myself once)

You sometimes get a merit item as well which can contain:
    * 10kk XP
    * 1000 vitae
    * 2 Radiant Shards
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.