Question about Tidal Force

Ibunneh - Raging Tide
Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
Either I'm very very very VERY lucky, or they did something to Tidal Force.

I noticed that the freeze, (Occult Ice like effect) procs WAY more often then it did before the update, I was doing pv and tested on mobs, and it proc'd 9/10 times.

Fought a barb and it proc'd 8/10 times.

What happened? b:shocked This skill used to not hardly ever proc the freeze effect, now all of a sudden I'm freezing everything left and right. (Seriously not that I'm complaining, I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this).
I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
Post edited by Ibunneh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was literally coming on to post this too. Used to be it would proc MAYBE twice a DAY. Now its like 4/5 times. Since it lists chance at 33% I'm happier it actually works closer to intended.

Hope they leave it b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    I was literally coming on to post this too. Used to be it would proc MAYBE twice a DAY. Now its like 4/5 times. Since it lists chance at 33% I'm happier it actually works closer to intended.

Hope they leave it b:thanks

Ikr? I'm loving it! helps me develop a new kind of locking on mobs, since it's more reliable all of a sudden
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not only this but have you seen the dmg diference between lvl10 attack skills and demon and sage ones?
    Its insane.
    I looked at the other casters. They get like 1-2 k more dmg.
    And I looked at the in game skill panel for storm.
    Storms increse their dmg of some of their skills from 3-4k to 8-10k
    That confirms what I've been saying all time: Stormbringers are the best DD in game atm.
    giphy.gif

• AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    With it, and double stuns, and eventually lower cd with sage book you can shut a target down pretty well.

I have sage Frigid Thunder with its amazing 70% slow debuff, so I was planning on swapping Tidal Force out for Monsoon when I got the sage book. I had primarily used it as a stronger slow than Frigid Thunder and it wouldn't be needed since it barely ever froze anything and sage Monsoon get s large damage boost.

Now that it is actually working to freeze things I use it all the time, on purpose, not just to check if its proc rate really was so unbelievably low for "33%" chance.

Now I'm sure that its a 33%, per hit, chance at least. Before it was either the worst rng I've ever seen for months in a row, or it was SERIOUSLY lower than listed 33%.

It used to proc about as much or even less than primal storm dance on my Mystic, which is about 1 in 25 times. It is always a surprise when it happens, every single time.

As I said, hopefully this is intentional. If it were lowered to somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes we have seen then I'd be ok with that. At the moment it is crazy fun to use, and not just because it looks cool. Monsoon looks cooler ijs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Oooh nice! I'm demon, so this really helps me out a ton in target shutdown. With tidal force, two stuns, a paralyze, and demon cumulonimbus having a 30% chance to stun and monsoon having that chance to reduce the damage I take, I really find it to be ultra helpful. And yes omg the damage that I'm doing is insane when upgraded to demon.