Hey.we can purify too...

Options
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Mystic
I just wondered if others than me has noticed that people often got no idea that mystics can purify? I was in fsp today and someone dual cliented with one of his toons being a cleric. After blue dragonboss he leave with his cleric and then tell me. Get another cleric for purifying please ...we were 2 sage mystics in squads and I repplied: why..we can purify too...and the guy made a big eye face and asked if I was serious..so we continued without a cleric and not one person died from toads earth debuff (annoying thing about that debuff is that many people ignore it In eu/aeu and when they die they wonder what killed them).

Anyways..Later I tell a friend and he make The same big eyed face and asks if I can really purify. What do you guys think about that? Is it a disadvantage that people are not aware that we can purify? Not as well as a cleric or sage psy of course but sage purify only got 10% less chance than the demon so either you get the aoe effect with a fairly good chance to kick in and sage is spamable..wouldn't it be a benefit for us mystics if more people were aware that we can do that too? Especially if there are 2-3 mystics in the squad which highly ensure at least 1 mystics purify to trigger.
Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
And a lot of alts...
Post edited by Aziza_Atori - Archosaur on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The problem with it is that its chance based and average skill level in this game is saddening. If it fails, most people will not save themselves but blame for not getting purified. In any given situation everybody has 2 outs, triple spark + Faith/AD depending which they got on genie. Yes, AD works timed properly, least it worked for me.

Anyhow I usually make sure I am 2nd on aggro table on my archer in case we got unreliable purify, be it cleric or mystic or none at all, as archers got purify on double spark I can cycle it pretty long before running out of cooldowns.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If it fails, most people will not save themselves but blame for not getting purified.

Such a beautifull memeries. b:dirty Doing toad and shouting every time the name of who got the debuf so the cleric can purify or they can spark because they all fail to see themselves b:pleased

OT: yep, i learned about mystics being able to purify the same way. I also was like `really ? you saying we dont need a cleric ? You sure ?` b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Demon purify is just way too slow. I can get two off before the toad bomb goes off. Odds are that is going to cause a death before toad dies.

Sage is better, but still not 100% guaranteed. I don't recommend doing toad without a cleric or a sage psy purifying while you handle the healing.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I play sage myst myself, and still would ask for a cleric at toad. The purify is handy to have (I often use it on weaker HA folk at Azoth if they get hit with the DOT debuff) but it is so damned unreliable that it isn't a suitable fix at Frog unless you coordinate with the party and have the person spark if the puri doesn't proc.

AD won't save you from the axeforce debuff - a debuff will hit past the immunity. Fixes are:
    - Death immunity skills (Cornered Beast / Pious Blessing / Deaden Nerves)
    - Double spark on archer, Triple spark on any
    - Any Purify effect (Cler purify, Myst puri heal, Sage psy heal bubble, sage Shadow Escape etc)

Simplest solution is to have Cloud Eruption on the genie and use it to generate some extra chi, then spark.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As I wrote. We were 2 sage mystics doing the job and I noticed purify kick in very fast because we both paid attention and reacted quick..also..even with a cleric or sage psy I will typically purify to start with since I have tried to run with clerics/psys who were either too laggy or too lazy so I puri too until i See They do fine.
    And a lot of alts...
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sage mystic myself and some months ago I used to do FSP every day with another sage mystic. We were joining same random team together and if there was no cleric I was saying people this was not a problem. And we had done maybe 2 out of 3 runs without any cleric for weeks.
    But well... even though we didn't face any difficulty, this is really luck based, and sometimes I was saying people to save some sparks.

I think people that don't know sage mystics have a good chance to purify (by spamming the skill) are quite rare. But well... I also met people 100+ reborn that didn't know sparking does purify..
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today's players' skill is just beyond sad... so often I see people spamming wc for cleric so long and even disbanding the squad if they can't find one.
    I've done a decent amount of clericless fsp runs, which all went smooth.
    All everyone gotta do is to spark off the debuff. Just don't randomly spark, but do it either when you got the debuff or when you know, that you'll build 3 sparks until the next debuff.
    For emergency cases there's purification balm from the faction base.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Two sage mystics or not, a luck based purify is luck based.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Personally, I'd prefer a reliable purify than a 25% chance of it happening per cast. There will be a chance of it not happending and in FS this can ruin someone's run.

Mystics' purify is great, yes. But the time frame from now untill ally is dead defines its relability. The shorter the time frame, the less reliable it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I trust sage mystics to purify just fine, and never been in a FSP where the sage mystic couldnt handle it (assuming the mystic was on healing mode). The chance to purify is high enough with the super fast channel, cast, and cooldown on the heal skill.. However a demon mystic... lower percent, longer cooldown and way longer channel on their heal skill that can purify. Cant rely on that, sadly, not to mention I see the majority of mystics on my server being demons. Well, I even prefer demon mystic myself.
    If I'm on cleric and I see the mystic doing the heal and purify job, I let him/her handle it and I just go violet mode, keeping an eye open in case they need my purify, but so far it hasnt been needed unless it was a demon mystic.
    Even though the squad would trust the sage mystic, I believe a lot people still like having a cleric in squad for the buffs.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AD won't save you from the axeforce debuff - a debuff will hit past the immunity. Fixes are:

I am telling you I did AD it once so either it works or I got some serious super late puri from somewhere I have no idea.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am telling you I did AD it once so either it works or I got some serious super late puri from somewhere I have no idea.

He's right though, once you have the debuff on you immunities cannot save you. Purify the dot otherwise you'll "die" (deaden etc) or die.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Do you use AD to avoid getting the debuff, or not to be killed once you got the debuff ? Because it's supposed to be as a Dot.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I suspect people to not keep eye on their own skillbar..I've tried in eu to shou..spark you are debuffed..in case they were out of my reach and they ignore me and die then asks what happend..I guess that playing a myst teach you to keep an eye on the squad bars and another at the enemy since I'm often the first to notice if someone has a debuff..or Mabye it's just common for non healers not to keep eye on their skillbar and squads hp.
    And a lot of alts...
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Should clarify then: AD will prevent you from being hit with the axeforce if you cast it -before- the debuff hits. If the debuff is already on you, AD won't prevent the debuff from triggering and doing damage.

If that happened to you, someone gave you a late puri (prolly a mys or psy who saw the cleric was napping).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.