R9S3 Armor Sharding

Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Assassin
Hey all,

Currently, I have full +10 armor with +11 daggs and the armor is filled with immaculate citrine shards. I love the hp bonus, but my friend told me sharding with Exclusive Garnets would be better for survivability since I already have 22k hp buffed.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with garnets shards in end game assassin armor? The pdef gains seem immense; however, I am unsure whether it would be the best path to go.

Thanks <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• kuroshin191
    kuroshin191 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello,

Personally i rather use HP shards, already tried to use garnets but i didn't like the exchange. In my view HP its more useful in general (against Mag dmg and Phy), while Pdef only protects you from phy dmg.

Some people use the argument that you can get HP from refines, but the same goes to pdef, you can get it in refines of 4 pieces + Primal passive. Nowadays i think Def Lv its even more important than pdef or mdef.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    whats your budget like? If its high go diety's or JOSD's whichever fits your preference/ playstyle more
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My budget is very low for now. I of course have extreme goals like you mentioned Demodude but those are far off. I'm just curious whether for the low cost of switching, garnets would be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At this point your defense is probably at a point where adding a little bit more from mid level shards won't make such a huge difference. I'd say keep your shards as is and start saving up for end game shards or put that money into improving other areas like your cards (I don't know what your cards are like I'm just throwing possibilities out there. If they're good then don't bother)
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    At this point your defense is probably at a point where adding a little bit more from mid level shards won't make such a huge difference. I'd say keep your shards as is and start saving up for end game shards or put that money into improving other areas like your cards (I don't know what your cards are like I'm just throwing possibilities out there. If they're good then don't bother)

You don't have to leave the sockets empty while you farm 60M stones. (shakes head)

I have Weekly HP shards in my armor, and PDef shards in my helm and cape.

They don't cost so much that you can't afford overwriting them later, and they help keep you alive while you farm.

\seriously, not everyone farms 6 hours a day
    \\put something, *anything* in the damn sockets
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You don't have to leave the sockets empty while you farm 60M stones. (shakes head)

I have Weekly HP shards in my armor, and PDef shards in my helm and cape.

They don't cost so much that you can't afford overwriting them later, and they help keep you alive while you farm.

\seriously, not everyone farms 6 hours a day

Read the original post :) He DOES have something in the "damn" sockets.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2015

K *shards with mana* happy nao? b:cute
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can use Asterelle's Socket Calculator for comparing survival index with different shards be it magic, physic or average. It can help you decide by seeing the result.