DST Maintenance

Options
blueimage
blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Hello everyone--it seems a post was not made, but we are indeed doing quick server maintenance to adjust for Daylight Savings Time.

East servers are now back up and open.

West servers will go down several minutes before 2AM (when the time switches), and will hopefully be back up within the hour.

Sorry for the short notice.
Post edited by blueimage on

Comments

• Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to PWI. I mean welcome to Hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sweetiebot how log server be down for and is there a patch
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweetiebot server status?

Im asking early so i can keep refreshing to see when its back up ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • blueimage
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is no patch; tonight's maintenance is only to change the clocks. I will update this thread when servers are open.
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    you want to fix the lagg everyones been ahveing lately why ur there?
  • Jiris - Sanctuary
    Jiris - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    so this mean tw go back to the normal night times for sanctuary server?
  • vendesbaenre
    vendesbaenre Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    u could at least send System Msg about server shooting down in several min... :/
  • dannyj147
    dannyj147 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweetiebot please post server status.
  • Ynxi - Archosaur
    Ynxi - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2 unnecessary updates per year to get a fantasy world to have a same clock routine as the real world.... whilst most of the users of that fantasy world don't even have the same time zone to start with... What's the point of DST Maint?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2 unnecessary updates per year to get a fantasy world to have a same clock routine as the real world.... whilst most of the users of that fantasy world don't even have the same time zone to start with... What's the point of DST Maint?

so events are at the same real world time year round (at least for those on same DST schedule)
  • blueimage
    edited March 2015
    Options
    West is back up. Thank you for your patience!
  • Ynxi - Archosaur
    Ynxi - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That logic fails me.
    At least by not adapting to real world clocks for that small percentage of people coincidentally using the same timezone, there might be this little chance that for the rest of the world that one hour lap makes it a little easier to also try those events from time to time.
    And I know... NOW the morai server exists, but it didn't exist back when I made my char so I would actually consider it more fair for it not to change << when something starts at 5am my time I might consider getting up early for it.. but not if it instantly goes changing back to 4am for the spoiled few. (and don't tell me I'm the only player in my timezone stuck on a server that doesn't do events at normal hours for my region)

Thanks for the update BI >> back to play...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    Options
    good job not properly doign a world save

enjoy the dupes you just created and the lost gear
    personally lost gv1(final one) on an alt, gg

you should spend about next 12 hours checking logs now, but ofc you wont.
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    good job not properly doign a world save

enjoy the dupes you just created and the lost gear
    personally lost gv1(final one) on an alt, gg

you should spend about next 12 hours checking logs now, but ofc you wont.

You really need that mouth of yours washed with soap. Yes, I get that your angry, but taking your anger out on some GM, who probably has nothing to do with the actual shutdowns, is rude.

Anyways, it does appear that something went wrong. With anyone who logged out before the server went down, everything is fine. For people logged in when it shut down, something went wrong. Aside from causing deleted items, duplicated items, etc, it also seems to have moved people to previous locations and deleted experience gained near shutdown time.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • kratos71
    kratos71 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The servers are based in one time zone. You choose the server you play on. The US uses DST, thus the US server time is adjusted. Don't like it? Play on another server, or better yet play some other game and quit your QQing here.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You really need that mouth of yours washed with soap. Yes, I get that your angry, but taking your anger out on some GM, who probably has nothing to do with the actual shutdowns, is rude.

Anyways, it does appear that something went wrong. With anyone who logged out before the server went down, everything is fine. For people logged in when it shut down, something went wrong. Aside from causing deleted items, duplicated items, etc, it also seems to have moved people to previous locations and deleted experience gained near shutdown time.

Arent you overexagerating a bit?
    Let me answer for you.
    Yes you are.
    Who are you to tell others that their mouth needs to be washed with soap.
    You are just a player.
    Yes the guy is a little bit rude but you are more rude than him.

And after being rude you realized that things went wrong.
    Arent you something?
    giphy.gif

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ultradry wrote: »
    sweetiebot how log server be down for and is there a patch
    Actually, what becomes of you is directly connected to what becomes of me and vice versa.
    Sweetiebot server status?
    Una macchina di tipo server.
    dannyj147 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot please post server status.
    Nice sentence, Einstein.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow even Sweetiebot is salty in this thread.

And anyone who's been playing for any length of time (like Mosz) should know a couple of things:

1. There is always maintenance on DST change. East coast may not have gotten a warning but west coast did...

2. The game does not save before server shutdown, ever, so doing anything important beforehand is a bad idea.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow even Sweetiebot is salty in this thread.

And anyone who's been playing for any length of time (like Mosz) should know a couple of things:

1. There is always maintenance on DST change. East coast may not have gotten a warning but west coast did...

2. The game does not save before server shutdown, ever, so doing anything important beforehand is a bad idea.

1. i...didnt complain about dst maint, i even defended the need for it.

2. just plain incorrect, it normally does save in the last seconds, otherwise people would be forcesaving every maint
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Arent you overexagerating a bit?
    Let me answer for you.
    Yes you are.

No, read below. Also, each new sentence does not need to be on another line. It's incredibly difficult to read.
    Who are you to tell others that their mouth needs to be washed with soap.
    You are just a player.
    Yes the guy is a little bit rude but you are more rude than him.

You don't read the forums much do you? Mosz likes to be rude a lot and cause arguments. The other day I told them I'd start to point out every time they acted up. This was one of those times. This is not being rude, this is me pointing out their behavior again with exaggerated language. The GM doesn't need that flack when they were probably just a messenger.
    And after being rude you realized that things went wrong.
    Arent you something?

I realized something was wrong before I read that post. So don't get high and mighty. My point was that they were being rude to the GM. They could have pointed out something was wrong without being rude. Then proceed to go to ticket support and be nice if something really did happen.

One of my characters lost some daily quest experience, but you don't see me taking it out on the GM. I'm annoyed, but, meh, it's a game.

What? When? I've never seen it do this before.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    blueimage wrote: »
    Hello everyone--it seems a post was not made, but we are indeed doing quick server maintenance to adjust for Daylight Savings Time.

East servers are now back up and open.

West servers will go down several minutes before 2AM (when the time switches), and will hopefully be back up within the hour.

Sorry for the short notice.

The BH, and some events seem to be messed up.
    They are off by an hour. b:cry

Hopefully you can fix that with the patch coming this tuesday night... b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Uh TW will be 1h earlier b:surrender

But at least NW will end earlier too