S Card Raffles

georgiegirl
georgiegirl Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
these new raffles for s cards seem to be a good idea, well maybe for pwi it is because only they benefit from these by us spending money in hopes of being a winner of a s card. However time after time these raffles seem to be complete bull****. Why is it bull**** u ask? because only the people who spend the most ****ing win a s chest. There has never been a time i have seen someone who has only spent 10.00 on this game be a winner of one of these s chest raffles. raffles my ***, should just call them spend the most get a dam s chest. Here is an example of how i know this to be true. This past promo raffle was won by 2 people i know MrPink and seek_nk from Harshlands. MrPink i know for a fact spent 700.00 buying r9 during this promo, now seek_nk not sure how much he spent but being that hes been buying dod's this week and he cash shops a lot id say he spent a big penny as well. Now one other promo pwi had where u could win a s chest was a spend gold in game raffle who was time after time won by the same person who did a lot of merchant stuff in game, after so many people complainning they took that raffle away. You mother ..... are cheating and only rewarding people who spend the most in this game but keep in mind its also the little spenders who keep this game going as well. I now am getting fustrated seeing this and thinking about a new game outside of pwi
Post edited by georgiegirl on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well maybe for pwi it is because only they benefit from these by us spending money in hopes of being a winner of a s card.

It takes money to run PWI servers, others give money to PWI to make those servers work, you (and others) get benefied too.

Raffles are a GIFT, if you don't like those items they are giving you for free, you should not give them money; or wait till a spend promo that suits your desires.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You mother ..... are cheating and only rewarding people who spend the most in this game but keep in mind its also the little spenders who keep this game going as well. I now am getting fustrated seeing this and thinking about a new game outside of pwi

How is that cheating? First of all, if they give everyone entrances into the raffle proportionate to their spending, it makes sense that a large cash shopper is gonna get a higher chance of getting it. If someone spends $700 in a weekend, versus you spending 10, and they have a 70x higher chance of winning, wouldn't you EXPECT them to have a higher chance (or at least some cash shopper spending a proportionately higher amount).

Plus, how can they possibly "cheat" at a game for which they define the rules?

I don't agree with a lot of what PWE does, but your complaint is pretty stupid.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • YeIIowFox - Harshlands
    YeIIowFox - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I agree that it can get frustrating seeing the same people getting S card after S card I personally feel that if they want to spend around $700 or whatever currency they pay in or spend 700 gold during a promo then they deserve the extra bonus of getting a free S card.

I only have the free S card that you can get by obtaining 10 A cards and do not yet have a set bonus of any kind so yes while it is frustrating to see certain people getting S card after S card what seems to be endlessly, I would not be willing to put the same amount of money into the game just to get the S card as the people who charge for it tend to put in so they are welcome to win the raffle. b:chuckle

I think in their past raffles they have said that the more gold you charge increases the chance you have to win the raffle, hence why people charge so much. I am unsure on the text of the previous raffle though because I did not read it b:bye
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It only makes perfect sense that if I charge $200 that someone that spends $700 has a greater chance at the S chest, whereas someone that spends $10 has less chance than me or the person that spent $700.

It specifically says those who win the raffle are:

Top 3 players who Charge the most gold from each server during the raffle weekend
    and
    15 players randomly chosen out of the total entrants

so it is perfectly fair. If you spend $10 you aren't guaranteed a S chest. If the top three on a server are $500, $700, $1000, then they should win compared to your $10. You get lumped into the 1000 other players that charged $10 to $690

Its not rocket science.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    theyre also great for the f2p economy/overall in game ecnomy, they tend to reduce the gold price
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh they are running another charge raffle but havent even completed the previous one. PWI is just running a scam with fake competitions xDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Heh they are running another charge raffle but havent even completed the previous one. PWI is just running a scam with fake competitions xDD

Previous one's rewards have already been handed out, atleast in Harshlands. b:cute
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Previous one's rewards have already been handed out, atleast in Harshlands. b:cute

Oh no winners in Archo or on Lost then. OPlus the blog wasn't updated to show any winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Plus, how can they possibly "cheat" at a game for which they define the rules?
    It's not a cheating of course, but the rules can be misinterpreted.
    I think in their past raffles they have said that the more gold you charge increases the chance you have to win the raffle, hence why people charge so much. I am unsure on the text of the previous raffle though because I did not read it b:bye
    That's the point. I didn't read attentively too, but what they write every time they set the raffle can be understood differently:
    1) If you charge $10 or more (doesn't matter $10 or $10000), you entered once and can be randomly picked from a bunch of others who didn't get into most csing three winners.
    2) If you charge, for example, $700, you entered 70 times. and your chances against $10 participant are 70 times higher.

I tend to think, 2nd option is correct, though it's not quite clear from the rules.
    But would be fair to clarify that, not to make ppl cs $10 each time and hope, but take a reality check.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i disagree with this because I for a fact have won the raffle twice since it started like 4-5 months ago. I won it one time about 2-3 months ago on my wizards, I put 20 in that time. And i won it 2 weeks ago on my stormy when i put 10 in. So yeah its very possible just be lucky?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.