Commanding the Storm: Stormbringer Skill Descriptions

2»

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, yeah. It deals damage based on meters moved. It's why even back in December, it was being talked about to use Avatar to force people t run out by speed boosting, with ESD on them. That way you punish them if they stay or leave. And you can add Searing to the mix if they try to leave without boosting, leaving them little choice but to HP or take continuous damage from Avatar.

It was an idea of stacking it so no matter what someone chooses to do, they are screwed. And was one of the few ways I could see making the purple tornado useful. Punishes them if they don't move fast enough, triggers ESD when it pulls them back in, to the waiting damage of avatar that is amped by Searing. I was also wondering if searing would amp ESD, or if its damage is pre-determined and not applicable to Searing's boost.

Also, I think the reason Searing has a longer range for break might be because our morai skills are coded in already. So while our casting range to start is normal, it won't break even if the target leaves the range of casting. It looked like 40+ when I tested in December, and with the morai skill information makes me think it won't break until it passes the max possible, including morai range calculated in.

I dont know if using searing on someone with ED on is a good idea.
    ED deals dmg for each meter the target moves and last 12 seconds.
    Searing reduce movement by 80%.
    That means the target will make less meter in those 12 seconds.
    But I will still test it to see if it increase dmg of ED.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont know if using searing on someone with ED on is a good idea.
    ED deals dmg for each meter the target moves and last 12 seconds.
    Searing reduce movement by 80%.
    That means the target will make less meter in those 12 seconds.
    But I will still test it to see if it increase dmg of ED.

It's to induce them to use HP to counter the slow of Searing. Searing stacks on the Avatar side, ESD will have little for it. That's if they don't boost. If they do, they overcome Searing's slow, but end up taking damage from Searing and and ESD, with a bit from Avatar depending how fast they make it out.

It's combining three damage skills so that two stack heavy whether they are stuck in the pullback loop to avatar, or if they speed boost out. You're trapping the obvious path for them to get out of their current damage trap, essentially. Mostly for small skirmishes and NW, obviously.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    I test it.
    Using searing on someone with ED on is not a good idea.
    NOT TO BE USED THIS WAY.
    It reduces the dmg , not increase it.
    Test it on those lvl94 wolfs near Snowy Village.
    My ED deals 4k dmg for each meter moved.
    Then I test it again this time using Searing right after I cast ED.
    The dmg the mob took was 1,5 k for each meter+ 7 K DMG for every 1,3 seconds from Searing.
    So conclusion:
    Increased movement speed it increase the dmg of ED for each meter.
    Reducing movement speed decrease the dmg of ED for each meter.

So I guess that player that want to reduce the dmg of ED but still move they should just set their toon to normal walk insted of running.b:chuckle
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I test it.
    Using searing on someone with ED on is not a good idea.
    NOT TO BE USED THIS WAY.
    It reduces the dmg , not increase it.
    Test it on those lvl94 wolfs near Snowy Village.
    My ED deals 4k dmg for each meter moved.
    Then I test it again this time using Searing right after I cast ED.
    The dmg the mob took was 1,5 k for each meter+ 7 K DMG for every 1,3 seconds from Searing.
    So conclusion:
    Increased movement speed it increase the dmg of ED for each meter.
    Reducing movement speed decrease the dmg of ED for each meter.

So I guess that player that want to reduce the dmg of ED but still move they should just set their toon to normal walk insted of running.b:chuckle

That was already said. That is what ESD does, not sure you're understanding what I have been writing at all.

Searing reduces speed, this is given. Because of this, the target doesn't move as far. Less meters= less damage from ESD. That doesn't even need to be tested. That just is.

This works great with the two avatar skills, since it locks them close for constant pull-back and damage from Avatar of Storms. ESD will trigger on the pull backs, but it's just some nice damage.

Now if someone is slowed, and in the avatar of storms, in a reel-in loop, what is their likely course of action? They can't walk, because their walk speed is nerfed too much for it to matter.

They are going to hit HP and get the heck out of there. Which throws them to 15 m/s movement, as they focus on getting out of their. They are already used to seeing the damage, and they will be seeing 3 ticks at a time from Avatar's double tick display coupled with Searing. They will not be paying attention to the fact ESD will now kick in for a crapload of damage, as they focus on getting out of the damage.

And that is the goal. If someone just has ESD, they can notice and stop and take no damage. But in the situation I outlined, you create a scenario where if they stand still, they die; if they speed boost to break out, they die. And they won't notice in time to stop outside range as easily with just one dimensional play.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    That was already said. That is what ESD does, not sure you're understanding what I have been writing at all.

Searing reduces speed, this is given. Because of this, the target doesn't move as far. Less meters= less damage from ESD. That doesn't even need to be tested. That just is.

This works great with the two avatar skills, since it locks them close for constant pull-back and damage from Avatar of Storms. ESD will trigger on the pull backs, but it's just some nice damage.

Now if someone is slowed, and in the avatar of storms, in a reel-in loop, what is their likely course of action? They can't walk, because their walk speed is nerfed too much for it to matter.

They are going to hit HP and get the heck out of there. Which throws them to 15 m/s movement, as they focus on getting out of their. They are already used to seeing the damage, and they will be seeing 3 ticks at a time from Avatar's double tick display coupled with Searing. They will not be paying attention to the fact ESD will now kick in for a crapload of damage, as they focus on getting out of the damage.

And that is the goal. If someone just has ESD, they can notice and stop and take no damage. But in the situation I outlined, you create a scenario where if they stand still, they die; if they speed boost to break out, they die. And they won't notice in time to stop outside range as easily with just one dimensional play.

I understand what you are saying but I dont think you understand what i say:
    Less meters=less dmg from ESD. thats true.
    it will be like if ain 12 seconds a target makes 10 meters target taking 4k per meter means 40k dmg.
    but if you reduce their speed and they make just 5 meters in those 12 seconds means only 20k dmg.
    But with searing is even worse. Reducing their speed it makes the target taking 1,5 dmg per meter. It doesnt boost the dmg from ESD. Thats why I test it to see if it deals more dmg. But its the other way around. If it would have increase dmg from ESD even if the target moves only 5 meters in those 12 sec should take 6k per meter being 30k total( i had to put some random numbers due to the fact the skill description of searing does not say a damn thing about increasing dmg from skill and with how much that dmg is increase). But since the target takes just 1500 dmg it will be just 7500 in those 5 meters.
    The above is in a situation without Avatar.

But yes a combo with Avatar, ESD, Searing its a good idea
    Avatar is a MUST for your scenario to work.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    I understand what you are saying but I dont think you understand what i say:
    Less meters=less dmg from ESD. thats true.
    it will be like if ain 12 seconds a target makes 10 meters target taking 4k per meter means 40k dmg.
    but if you reduce their speed and they make just 5 meters in those 12 seconds means only 20k dmg.
    But with searing is even worse. Reducing their speed it makes the target taking 1,5 dmg per meter. It doesnt boost the dmg from ESD. Thats why I test it to see if it deals more dmg. But its the other way around. If it would have increase dmg from ESD even if the target moves only 5 meters in those 12 sec should take 6k per meter being 30k total( i had to put some random numbers due to the fact the skill description of searing does not say a damn thing about increasing dmg from skill and with how much that dmg is increase). But since the target takes just 1500 dmg it will be just 7500 in those 5 meters.
    The above is in a situation without Avatar.

But yes a combo with Avatar, ESD, Searing its a good idea
    Avatar is a MUST for your scenario to work.

The Searing amp isn't even the main focus, it's in forcing them to kick up to 15 m/s, maximizing possible ESD damage. That's the whole goal. And you aren't reducing the damage of ESD by using Searing; the damage stays the exact same. It is only less damage, because the target is going slower.

You shouldn't even be using monsters in pve to do any of this testing anyways; it's junk data. Because they are unable to speed up to even meet the criteria. So you still aren't understanding.

The reason you are showing less on critters, is they don't boost speed at all. So slowed, is slowed. You won't change that, and I have no idea why anyone would test that anyways. It just is, it's that basic.

If you wanted to see if Searing's amp boosted the damage of ESD, you'd have to use pvp with someone using HP while under the effects of both ESD and Searing. Any other test is showing a lack of understanding of what is being discussed. And gain, the amp is just a nice extra; it's in forcing people's hands that you get them to go fast.

Also, your math shows you don't even understand ESD. You take the same damage per meter if you go 1 m/s, or 15 m/s. What boosts or lowers damage, is how many meters are traveled. You're under the impression the amount of damage per meter changes, which means you didn't even understand the skill description.

I just did an actual test, I take the same damage with or without Searing damage applied at 15 m/s. So Searing doesn't amp it after the fact, it is static damage set on cast. So if cast by another SB during the amp, it likely would have the amped effect. Just not a lot of situations requiring it.

So again, the very things you argue show you don't understand what I am talking about, you don't understand how ESD works, and the fact you're using monsters in pve to run tests makes any data you do have useless. Because it would have no bearing at all in the scenario mentioned. Using this on a monster would be utterly pointless, much like ESD at all on a mob you're not kite tanking. Mobs can not boost to 15 m/s to overcome the debuff, so by that very fact they should have never even been thought of as a test subject.

EDIT: Might just be poor explanation on your post, but you do realize HP automatically sets speed to 15 m/s regardless of any slow debuffs on them, right? Which means your whole last point has no point, in that regard.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    I know pvp and pve are 2 different things and what aplies in pve does not always work in pvp.
    I was just noticing that ESD on mobs with increase movement speed makes them take more dmg That what this all discusion started.
    Then I was just testing to see if Searing amp the dmg and notice that Searing on mobs reduce the dmg. But actually is not searing that reduce the DMG is that 80% reduce speed.
    When I was questing I seen that normal mobs took 4k dmg from ESD for each tick of ESD. So if in those 12 seconds the ESD tick on the mob 10 times the mob taking 40 k in total. But for the mobs I killed didnt even need 10 ticks. It was actually 7 ticks and half.
    On the mobs with increased movement speed the ESD triggered 6k for each tick. So it required only 5 ticks to kill a mob with the same hp but with increased movement speed.
    Now when I test it on other mobs adding searing I noticed that reducing speed of the mobs makes them take 1500 dmg for each tick of ESD. I should have test it on the same mobs but it doesnt matter now. For the mobs I was killing when I discovered that mobs with movement speed take more dmg it would have required 20 ticks to make it die if you reduce his speed by 80%. That without taking in consideration Searing dmg.
    Wasnt testing for pvp situation. I was just wandering how it would work in pvp situation and how much does that aplies in there. And my test on mobs was just out of curiosity to see if Searing increase the dmg of the skill ESD. Cause even if it would have increase the dmg the mob took its a waste of time to use searing with ESD when are faster and better ways to kill the mob with a Stormbringer. Or maybe you could have used it on some mobs or minibosses in certain dungeons. Ofc if would have increased the dmg taken even if would have reduce the speed.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The skills from the news post have been posted on the first page ^>^

And can we get a freaking sticky please?
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    The skills from the news post have been posted on the first page ^>^

And can we get a freaking sticky please?

If we still have mods, it's likely best to wait until we find the exact boosts of each celestial/morai/culti skill before stickying it. No rush to do so, when there's already differences between the descripts here, and what they have posted on the official page as a preview.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    If we still have mods, it's likely best to wait until we find the exact boosts of each celestial/morai/culti skill before stickying it. No rush to do so, when there's already differences between the descripts here, and what they have posted on the official page as a preview.

Yeah you're right, I hope the names of the skills are correct, I like them :o
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Perigean Tide is level 100 skill, not Morai.

Perilunar Call is AEU skill.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2015
    Sweet, I'll get on to correcting that!
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't know if it is permanent but Sage Searing Moonlight states and only gives 5 Chi per hit not 15. Just a heads up.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/x3bxo4.jpg
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lunar Sacrifice

It doesn't zero defenses. Apparently reduces gear value only. The plan we had of using Lunar Blessing is busted as Sacrifice keeps casting for 15s. Drains 320 MP/s. Effect lasts for 15s or until it is canceled/interrupted.

Apoths are a workaround when used before it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Much better than the 5 seconds it was listed as previously, and a lot more balanced sounding. I'd use it pretty much the same as Gaia's Blessing which is not often.

At least with GB you can use it and forget it, move away from each other etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably mentioned but Sage/Demon Reaper Form also transform the skill into an instant skill so it may be used while running like barbs and venos.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2wq4n7m.jpg
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That took me forever to notice and I couldnt figure out why my macros all broke
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
    edited March 2015
    Forgot to mention: Tidal Force freezing chance was fixed and is OPaf.

Seems it has chance to freeze per hit. Not sure if 33% per hit or 11% per hit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm fairly certain its 33% per hit, because my stormbringer's procs almost every time I use it
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • ctstew
    ctstew Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice job TY but can you add the costs for each leveling of the skills. I just leved Blood of the Nightshade from level 8 to level 9 and it took more than a 1,000,00 from my coins now I'm broke, I wasn't expecting that. That is about the same for a book skill.
  • imrawrvian
    imrawrvian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    are these the skills that i need to lvl up or ?
    edited March 2015
    I was gathering info on the coin/spirit costs, but I got hyped and completely forgot. But skills seem to have same pattern as older classes ranging from 1.143.190 to 6.060.000 coins and from 1.112.100 to 5.013.000 spirit. Assuming they have Sage/Demon versions. Nerd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]