Where to get the Sage/Demon skilsl from:

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
Hi guys,

due to the fact that the skill books are now listed in the CN-version of the database, I made a quick listing.

Advanced Mystical Pages:

Supercell
Lunar Guidance
Devouring Darkness
Lunar Blessing
Searing Moonlight
Blood of the Nightshade

Old Book Page:

Reaper Form
Sonic Boom
Lunar Surge
Downburst
Deafening Thunder
Thundersnow
Call Lightning
Climate Shift
Lunar Swiftness
Water Mastery

Page of Fate:

Thunder Strike
Snowstorm
Fridgid Thunder
Cumulonimbus
Moonblade
Electrostatic Discharge
Metal Mastery

Mysterious Pages:

Cloudburst
Monsoon
Ice Bullet
Tidal Force
Churning Vortex
Water Mastery
Metal Mastery

SO you need to go for all sources to get all skills. GG. Good thing I got 7k tokens rdy =P

BTW: You get all the skills from the Advanced Mystical Pages for 180 of them == 2700 Tokens.

INB4 prices for OBP and POF explode and thus tear up the prices of C-Packs and coins =PAlready set the ones in my shop to 400k each =P
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Arent you suppose to get Spiritual Adept and aware of principle skills out of Mysterious Pages? I see some 59 skills mixed with the lowest level skills.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Arent you suppose to get Spiritual Adept and aware of principle skills out of Mysterious Pages? I see some 59 skills mixed with the lowest level skills.

Dunno, it does not seem like they are following a specific pattern for this, at least not for the new classes.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not overly surprising they'd change the organization of skills. In the past OBPs and PfFs were from cube and warsoul tags (plus delta for more OBPs). That made those skills, especially the PoF skills, take a lot more time or running difficult instances. The strongest skills (IE 59 skills) required the most work.

Now many of us can go run a couple FSPs and make pages for those skills like it's nothing.

I'm just happy downburst and sonic boom aren't gonna require thousands of FSPs to get them, or paying in the bidding hall.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nooooo Searing Moonlight and Lunar Guidance had to be crafted from Advanced Mystical Pagesb:cry

Probably the most helpful 2 skills for sages. Thanks for posting this! I am not sure if prices will explode that much unless people want to waste them on their toons then stop playing them. But of course I will buy beforehand since OBP and POF are like 70k on our server and tokens are low from so many pack sales. b:thanks

Going to find some friends to trade books with each other with like trading baseball cards.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Downburst yes, Sonic Boom no. At least not for a while. It's one of the things I hate about lvl 10 -> celestial upgrade; the cost increase is usually not even close to being worth it. It'll be adding about 100 mana cost (70% or so), for what is not anywhere near that worth it for over-all damage. Until primal cyclone came out, I had wished I could drop demon cyclone back down as well.

It's as much an issue with the gear upgrade, and their destruction of the separation of DPS from DPH, to now where everything is DPS thanks to how much of over-all damage in even heavy hitters is now base magic attack.

So having a cheap spam skill to use makes it so there's always a cheap fallback to rely on, while being able to use sage 25% still for its intended purpose. Might upgrade if there is a really nice primal, or when closer to end game.

I do like that many of the 59s are in the one we can get as guaranteed with the quest. I am wondering if they misprinted on their news page, or if there are differences in the skills from what we have. They have sage Lunar Blessing giving 90% reduction, which would be freaking sweet over the 80% we have in our initial list.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sparkie posted on facebook page a link to some of this skills.
    It seems we get all new skills including morai ones.
    And it will be next week.
    b:pleased
    giphy.gif

• dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Downburst yes, Sonic Boom no. At least not for a while. It's one of the things I hate about lvl 10 -> celestial upgrade; the cost increase is usually not even close to being worth it. It'll be adding about 100 mana cost (70% or so), for what is not anywhere near that worth it for over-all damage. Until primal cyclone came out, I had wished I could drop demon cyclone back down as well.

Don't forget that the range is increased from 25.5 to 27 meters. This by itself is enough for me to sacrifice extra mp on.

The only worry I have is Searing Moonlight literally costs 240ish mp (I forgot) per hit which hits every 1.3 seconds. This skill compared to BB is hell of costly to keep going, I have to find my self using herbs very often as to while I can BB spamming free divine pots on my cleric for almost 8 minutes before having to use a single herb.
    Sparkie posted on facebook page a link to some of this skills.
    It seems we get all new skills including morai ones.
    And it will be next week.
    b:pleased

That is great news. Does this included AEU or Chrono skills? Such as those from AEU chest or the ones made with Chrono pages? (also obtainable at 7000 prestige such as by Dark Night + Jintao Emperor Scrolls)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    Don't forget that the range is increased from 25.5 to 27 meters. This by itself is enough for me to sacrifice extra mp on.

I know, but that's mostly just pvp anyways. There's things that make that not matter; such as our morai skill boosting it, that 27 is still less than the others, and that I still have other skills to use.

So when I reach the point where it is something that will be needed decisively for really close pvp fights, there isn't any reason to willingly spend so much mana per cast, for boosts that aren't really that significant.

Main thing will be with better gear and cards, I can one shot with lvl 10 sonic boom as easily as with sage sonic boom. And that will make for some really cheap passive grinding to get potions with for free everything else content. As is my SB is very mana efficient from regen rate and sparking. Making it even more effective will be pretty nice.
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    I know, but that's mostly just pvp anyways. There's things that make that not matter; such as our morai skill boosting it, that 27 is still less than the others, and that I still have other skills to use.

So when I reach the point where it is something that will be needed decisively for really close pvp fights, there isn't any reason to willingly spend so much mana per cast, for boosts that aren't really that significant.

Main thing will be with better gear and cards, I can one shot with lvl 10 sonic boom as easily as with sage sonic boom. And that will make for some really cheap passive grinding to get potions with for free everything else content. As is my SB is very mana efficient from regen rate and sparking. Making it even more effective will be pretty nice.

I can see what you mean from your perspective. I used to love having only lv 10 Great Cyclone on my cleric for its cheap mp cost. Benefit-wise, I know I must have Sage Searing Moonlight and Lunar Guidance but the rest I will consider to possibly wait out a bit longer before learning.

Gear-wise we still have to wait but I'm much more optimistic now seeing progress being made.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    I can see what you mean from your perspective. I used to love having only lv 10 Great Cyclone on my cleric for its cheap mp cost. Benefit-wise, I know I must have Sage Searing Moonlight and Lunar Guidance but the rest I will consider to possibly wait out a bit longer before learning.

Gear-wise we still have to wait but I'm much more optimistic now seeing progress being made.

Pretty much every other skill BUT Sonic Boom, I am looking to get sage version for. That's the nice thing about leaving that one out; for farming there is literally no other skill that needs to be used for damage. Every other skill has its specific use that isn't simple single target skill spam, or has a long CD to lower its over-all cost in the scheme of things.

Even our 400 chi skill, will give back more mana than it uses simply from the 20% of total mana being given back. That equates to roughly 27% of max mana minus its cost.
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Pretty much every other skill BUT Sonic Boom, I am looking to get sage version for. That's the nice thing about leaving that one out; for farming there is literally no other skill that needs to be used for damage. Every other skill has its specific use that isn't simple single target skill spam, or has a long CD to lower its over-all cost in the scheme of things.

Even our 400 chi skill, will give back more mana than it uses simply from the 20% of total mana being given back. That equates to roughly 27% of max mana minus its cost.

That's actually not too bad of an idea. What could also help is to have a lot of points into Magic to increase the mp pool, then Triple Spark would give more mp than you lose. This is always nice in FSP.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Complaining about mana costs in the year of our Lord 2015...

wutttttttt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    Complaining about mana costs in the year of our Lord 2015...

wutttttttt.

I will eventually learn them all. I know mystics have it like 3x worse than any other class anyways.b:surrender

Now I am imagining hybrid thunder/ice charges that Primal Skills might have that would be cool. and a hybrid charge would grant both benefits of a Thunder and Ice Charge would.

So like:

Ice + Ice + Hybrid would work as Ice x3 or Ice x2 and Metal x1

Either way I hope our Primal Skill will be just as OP as when Sins got their Life Hunter and such other classes got theirs.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015

SO you need to go for all sources to get all skills. GG. Good thing I got 7k tokens rdy =P

I'm pretty sure 89/92 books will be added to the drop tables of the bosses in FSP. pwdatabase doesn't show their drops.

So you're concluding your info based on something incomplete, GG.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    I'm pretty sure 89/92 books will be added to the drop tables of the bosses in FSP. pwdatabase doesn't show their drops.

So you're concluding your info based on something incomplete, GG.

Making them drop in fsp does not increase the chance of getting them, at least not quick is thus is of no matter to me, surely they will add them to the dropping tables...but that can take...a looong time . I doubt that they'll do this right away.

Personally...I'm such an impatient brick...I start swearing when I don't see full purple at the end of the day it's being released.

Another Thing:

Sparkie wrote:

Waxing Crescent: Wreathe your Scythe in pure moonlight, increasing the range and area of your skills by 15 meters for 8 seconds.

So it does increase the range AND area of effect of any of our skills? da fuq!? That would be too friggin OP. I doubt it thereby.

And:

Cloud Cover: Conjure and thick, heavy cloud that clings to a target for 1 minute. Blocks the first attempt to remove the target's positive buffs.

This implies that it isnt a selfbuff as we thought before. Would be surely amazing if you could assist others with that skill. That'S realistic so Ima believe it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I see they nerfed -if u can even call it a true nerf-

Lunar Sacrifice: Reduces your physical and magical defenses by 100% to increase physical and magical defenses of squad members within 15 meters by 500%. Lasts 5 seconds

original description had it at 15 seconds.

For anyone who wants to check out the full post about the skills for both classes.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    xoinix wrote: »
    I see they nerfed -if u can even call it a true nerf-

Lunar Sacrifice: Reduces your physical and magical defenses by 100% to increase physical and magical defenses of squad members within 15 meters by 500%. Lasts 5 seconds

original description had it at 15 seconds.

For anyone who wants to check out the full post about the skills for both classes.

I thought I remembered seeing it at 5 seconds, +3 seconds for each element per ball we have rotating around us. So 3 ice orbs would mean 14 seconds ice debuff, 5 seconds thunder.
  • xoinix
    edited March 2015
    I thought I remembered seeing it at 5 seconds, +3 seconds for each element per ball we have rotating around us. So 3 ice orbs would mean 14 seconds ice debuff, 5 seconds thunder.

Umm I think you may be referring to a different skill:

Perigean Tide: Deals base magic damage plus 240% of weapon damage plus 9455 physical damage and reducing the target's metal and water resistance by 100% for 6 seconds.

The non official translation had a bit more detail.

Deals 240% weapon damage and 9455 physical damage, applying debuffs to reduce metal / water defenses by 100% of equipment value for 6 seconds. For each ball you have of an element type, increases the duration of the same type elemental debuff by 3 seconds.

The skill I was referring to was their squad buff that was actually called the suicide skill because in the beginning it was described said that it would take 100% of the Stormy's hp to give the squad that awesome 500% buff.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I assume there are errors in the post.

One I saw was with Reaper Form. It listed the duration as being the same for 10 and Sage version, with the only difference being shorter cd for demon.

If that skill adds range and AREA to skills, then prepare for screen blinding Avatar of the Storm etc. and being able to knock back everyone in sight of you. That absolutely has to be an error or we are all gonna be trolling for days.

The sacrifice skill seems like it is utterly useless. Give yourself ZERO defense for 5 seconds, while your squad gets 500% of theirs? The timing involved in that barely covers lag on average, and I'm hard pressed to think of a situation that isn't purely hypothetical where it would save the squad to have 5x defense for 5 seconds while I shatter like an egg against an aoe. I'd have ZERO defense (unless I am mistaken) so I'd basically be taking the full listed damage of every mob attack/player attack for 5 seconds while the squad gets slightly tankier due to diminishing returns for 5 seconds.

Hell, sparking gives you total immunity for a few seconds, and I don't get killed in the process. I don't think the squad will appreciate having to rez my *** after I'm done "helping" b:chuckle

I'm exaggerating, but really I see no point in the skill. If it was for 10 seconds then I can see that being useful. If I can use lunar blessing during it and still get mitigation then its perfectly safe to use, but still not useful.

If the cloud buff truly can be cast on anyone, then we are gonna be making a lot of friends. And we might even make some coin buffing pkers that can't be bothered to make an alt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015

One I saw was with Reaper Form. It listed the duration as being the same for 10 and Sage version, with the only difference being shorter cd for demon.

If that skill adds range and AREA to skills, then prepare for screen blinding Avatar of the Storm etc. and being able to knock back everyone in sight of you. That absolutely has to be an error or we are all gonna be trolling for days.

The sacrifice skill seems like it is utterly useless. Give yourself ZERO defense for 5 seconds, while your squad gets 500% of theirs? The timing involved in that barely covers lag on average, and I'm hard pressed to think of a situation that isn't purely hypothetical where it would save the squad to have 5x defense for 5 seconds while I shatter like an egg against an aoe. I'd have ZERO defense (unless I am mistaken) so I'd basically be taking the full listed damage of every mob attack/player attack for 5 seconds while the squad gets slightly tankier due to diminishing returns for 5 seconds.

Hell, sparking gives you total immunity for a few seconds, and I don't get killed in the process. I don't think the squad will appreciate having to rez my *** after I'm done "helping" b:chuckle

I'm exaggerating, but really I see no point in the skill. If it was for 10 seconds then I can see that being useful. If I can use lunar blessing during it and still get mitigation then its perfectly safe to use, but still not useful.

If the cloud buff truly can be cast on anyone, then we are gonna be making a lot of friends. And we might even make some coin buffing pkers that can't be bothered to make an alt.

Main things I could see were for purge bosses, to quickly buff everyone, or for prince mushi if there are squishies. While -100% may seem bad, it isn't that big a deal with full buffs and primal defense. We can also just turtle with Lunar Blessing afterwards, or hopefully have it where a cleric can purge the debuff off.
  • xoinix
    edited March 2015

Lol on some level I do hope its true. Mostly so I can cast thunder strike on a group of enemies from a distance and pretend I'm Zues. #I'vealreadyjudgedmyselfb:surrender

Well while I don't know for sure I'd imagine the debuff would be purifible or be countered by AD. And yea 5 seconds doesnt give you a lot of leeway. I suppose this is the SB's panic button when their squad gets under heavy fire. Sorta like Buddha's Guard for the bm (1000% extra pdef for 10secs) or Gaia's blessing for mystics (healing even when stunned).
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2015

5 seconds in an enemy base can be an eternity, especially if thats the time it takes for a barb to get off another IG/invoke, the time to get another cleric on them, the time to purify an HF, etc.

Sacrifice your defenses, lunar blessing, everyone wins. Or do it while under IG. (Or just say to hell with it and go for the sacrifice suicide as I've been wont to do in TW on more than one occasion.)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Minelle - Lost City
    Minelle - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jsut wanna say skill says: Lunar Sacrifice: Reduces your physical and magical defenses by 100% to increase physical and magical defenses of squad members within 15 meters by 500%. Lasts 5 seconds.If its like any other skill & debuff which i would think so you still got your buff defence and primal def passive so it wont go back to 0 at all
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Idk why any hasn't mentioned this but there are two level 100 skills you can make with emperor letters, one in shroud and one in crona. Any idea what the second 100 skill could be? It's in the pwdatabase but I can't read runespeakb:sad
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    Idk why any hasn't mentioned this but there are two level 100 skills you can make with emperor letters, one in shroud and one in crona. Any idea what the second 100 skill could be? It's in the pwdatabase but I can't read runespeakb:sad

It might be our AEU skill.They might have decided to add it in that way, since having to redo the chests by adding a new item ID for future runs after update wasn't worth the hassle. So just toss it in same way 100 skill is learned, simple solution.
  • FireHowl - Harshlands
    FireHowl - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After digging around on pwdatabase, google translate and switching between english and chinese database..
    The spark recharge is from Shroud and our other 100 skill from Corona.

Our sage/demon bible seems to have a chance to reward the 3 morai order books and our two 100 skillbooks.

Link to the chinese sage/demon bible:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/33142
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    After digging around on pwdatabase, google translate and switching between english and chinese database..
    The spark recharge is from Shroud and our other 100 skill from Corona.

Our sage/demon bible seems to have a chance to reward the 3 morai order books and our two 100 skillbooks.

Link to the chinese sage/demon bible:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/quest/33142

That item will only reward 1 book, not all, there is no chance to get all from it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • FireHowl - Harshlands
    FireHowl - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It might be our AEU skill.They might have decided to add it in that way, since having to redo the chests by adding a new item ID for future runs after update wasn't worth the hassle. So just toss it in same way 100 skill is learned, simple solution.
    That item will only reward 1 book, not all, there is no chance to get all from it.

I know, if only we were so lucky.. b:chuckle
  • dat1guyy
    edited March 2015
    You guys are over-exaggerating...

Sacrifice skill > Triple Spark

Triple Spark purifies debuffs. Was that so hard? b:shocked

Even if you tell me still can't do that then Lunar Blessing is more than enough to survive. A 100% debuff isn't as bad as you might think, you experience this from many bosses such as Cenequus Polearm in bh69, Decaying Fragrance in FC, and multiple World Bosses such as Harpy Wraith. Unless it becomes an unpurify-able buff that will stay no matter what (like Electrostatic Discharge) then you can start worrying about that, but I have to say I think it is very unlikely.

As for me, I will probably spamming it on every vile boss to save lower geared players from being one-shotted at the start. Especially when the ignorant APS sins think they can tank Cannonfist Orclord with his APS Buff without any use of apoths to then be killed twice and kick out of Warsong to lose the Badge Quest and become a burden on the squad. Of course I know it is tankable, and I have tanked it many times, but many people don't tend to know it exists or takes the veno's purge for granted.