Stormbringer vs Duskblade Videos

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi guys,

I made some PvP videos showcasing me and a Dusky fighting. We got pretty much equal gears altho we just messed around a bit, trying things out and stuff. Was much fun to do so =P

Video 1

Video 2 + Extra

Note: I nerfed myself a bit cause I'm quite ahead on Sky Levels and Cards.

A few things I've noticed:

-That duskies stunlock is so scary xD Paralyze, even more paralyze and even more more paralyze xDD

-SBs really could use more channeling (at least mine) cause I got interrupted so many times just so close before chan was done.

-R8r's puri proc sucks pretty bad or I was just unlucky. Still puri will be a bid deal for stormies in PvP, looking forward to it.

-I really shouldnt try to push a dusk away considering so many port skills but meh, was just try and error pretty much.

-A dex-built genie seems legit for a SB. Windshield saved my butt lots of times. Still my HP is so low...if I get caught off guard (without genie and Reaper Form) I'm done for. that applies vs Duskies at least. that stunlock is too nasty to get out just like that.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• DikkeJonko - Lothranis
    DikkeJonko - Lothranis Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xD oke my vieuw here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zyzVjUFr-Q

lots of fun playing around with the new classes, so much potential. especially vs storm cus there seem to be some hidden tricks/cooldowns/wrong descriptions of paralyze time wich makes chaining stunlocks hard. the most fun part is i think where i walk away out of range think like phiieuw iam safe while this debuff kills me when walking XD like Joe sayd we were mostly messing around, personally i still need a good pvp genie (at endgame most likely with faith+ad) but its good to test the basics of both classes like this
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    mine is still uploading haha ur fast b:shocked

Nah xD it actually took quite long to upload it xD but I try to keep the files-to-upload as tiny as possible xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice videos.

But the music is bleah.
    Doesnt suits the videos at all, sorry to say that.
    its more a relaxing music than one that you would chose for a fighting video.
    I would rather hear the sound of fighting than to hear the music you chose.
    giphy.gif

• Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Nice videos.

But the music is bleah.
    Doesnt suits the videos at all, sorry to say that.
    its more a relaxing music than one that you would chose for a fighting video.
    I would rather hear the sound of fighting than to hear the music you chose.

Thank you!

ya but PvP in PWI is really relaxing xD it's not as fast-paced as in let's say DMC-games or other **** and slash stuffs. Besides that xD I wanted to put that music simply cause I love it :P

Ima stick to OSTs, simply because I won't be getting any copright infringements with it xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi guys,

I made some PvP videos showcasing me and a Dusky fighting. We got pretty much equal gears altho we just messed around a bit, trying things out and stuff. Was much fun to do so =P

Video 1

Video 2 + Extra

Note: I nerfed myself a bit cause I'm quite ahead on Sky Levels and Cards.

A few things I've noticed:

-That duskies stunlock is so scary xD Paralyze, even more paralyze and even more more paralyze xDD

-SBs really could use more channeling (at least mine) cause I got interrupted so many times just so close before chan was done.

-R8r's puri proc sucks pretty bad or I was just unlucky. Still puri will be a bid deal for stormies in PvP, looking forward to it.

-I really shouldnt try to push a dusk away considering so many port skills but meh, was just try and error pretty much.

-A dex-built genie seems legit for a SB. Windshield saved my butt lots of times. Still my HP is so low...if I get caught off guard (without genie and Reaper Form) I'm done for. that applies vs Duskies at least. that stunlock is too nasty to get out just like that.

i've watched the videos, i have to say that DB has the expected good DPS, and it will be OP especially if the battle and destroyer cards aren't nerfed like for assassins

the fight would've been completely different with r9r3 weapons, but not too much considered the paralyze potential of the DB

so Joe how does it feel to be on the side that is perma paralyzed for once? :D
    also how does it feel to be on the side that takes quite a few seconds to land a single damage skill? :D
    are you going back to barb now? :D

i think by now you should be the first to notice how large is the gap between melee classes and arcane ones, dikke doesnt even have the full set he is a mix of g16-r9 and look at how paralyze-gof-DPS can faceroll anything

btw reaper form and 3spark damage bonus should stack, why don't you try 3spark in reaper form?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    i've watched the videos, i have to say that DB has the expected good DPS, and it will be OP especially if the battle and destroyer cards aren't nerfed like for assassins

the fight would've been completely different with r9r3 weapons, but not too much considered the paralyze potential of the DB

so Joe how does it feel to be on the side that is perma paralyzed for once? :D
    also how does it feel to be on the side that takes quite a few seconds to land a single damage skill? :D
    are you going back to barb now? :D

i think by now you should be the first to notice how large is the gap between melee classes and arcane ones, dikke doesnt even have the full set he is a mix of g16-r9 and look at how paralyze-gof-DPS can faceroll anything

btw reaper form and 3spark damage bonus should stack, why don't you try 3spark in reaper form?

xD if I deplete my chi and get stunlocked afterwards I will have a huge problem xD at least on the fights with the r8r weapon there was really no real chance of winning. I just wanted to see the effects on survivability and considering most CCs are paralyze from the dusks it doesnt really add that much imho.

Being perma paralyzed sucks ya but when all skills arrive I just need to bet on my debuffs to roll my enemies while they are stunned and to trust on my reaper form and stuff to keep me alive if that fails XD the reduce of dmg in reaper form is amazing tho <3
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is a veno tip. I noticed you tried stun the dusk with your clone while he had you stunned/paralyzed. 'Pet' doesn't listen to you while you are stunned or paralyzed, you have to right click the stun skill so it has orange edge, that way the pet will use it by default. Switch back to the standard skill (or other attack skill) after the skill start channelling.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    Here is a veno tip. I noticed you tried stun the dusk with your clone while he had you stunned/paralyzed. 'Pet' doesn't listen to you while you are stunned or paralyzed, you have to right click the stun skill so it has orange edge, that way the pet will use it by default. Switch back to the standard skill (or other attack skill) after the skill start channelling.

Ya, still they didnt think the whole pet thing through on the SB. My pet doesnt do anything to begin with while I'm walking. I need to stand still, give a command or set a command to auto and only then it starts to do something. So senseless imho. Sure ima just stand still to command my pet... ._.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bind a key to "attack skill 1" (default alt-1) for the pet, that way you can send it at someone with a click. I got that bound to one of my mousekeys on my myst, can be quite handy to send the devildog to fetch a mob that way. Otherwise just set it to defensive mode (little shield icon on the pet menu) and it'll go after whatever attacks you, even if you're locked down.

I do expect their battle/destroyer cards to follow the sin's scheme, considering the class is dex based. Seems to be the deciding factor on those, archers also have that nerf.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Defense mode glitch so terrible easy in PK (in the open world) even tho it use to be my favorite setting for pet, the pet keep try use the skill but nothing happens, and skill goes on CD. I usually have my pet on manual now.
    I really advise too to have a hotkey for the pet to start attacking. Forexample, I have my pet attack on hotkey V (tho this key most ppl use to switch skillbars, but Im really bad at that)
    I do have other hotkeys too for pet, like
    ctrl + C for the main control skill
    ctrl + D for special skill (stealth for monkey, heal for SB clone)
    and other hotkeys for other skills etc, all depends which character
    I do expect their battle/destroyer cards to follow the sin's scheme, considering the class is dex based. Seems to be the deciding factor on those, archers also have that nerf.

Archers dont, only sins.
    Duskblade wont have the nerf either (according to asters war avatar calc)
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Archers dont, only sins.
    Duskblade wont have the nerf either (according to asters war avatar calc)

Can confirm that from in game, my DB and SB both have battle cards of B grade with 130 phys/mag attk as their benefit.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    >My face when i said duskblades are going to be a royal pain in the *** right from the start of release
    >My face when it got dismissed as no, they are squishy and will be easy targets
    >My face when this thread
    >I have no face

GG you people, GG.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • koinamionly1213
    koinamionly1213 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    >My face when i said duskblades are going to be a royal pain in the *** right from the start of release
    >I have no face

GG you people, GG.

A lot of people dismissed Duskblade and hoped on the SB hype train. I got my DB and realized the potential of all the cc (mind you, skills aren't near max or anything so it's just like a preview). I thought the same thing you did lol.

More to the video, would like to see one once gear is more normal between the two. Also, another tip I learned is that a DB can't tele-stun and tele-para if you don't move from the first tele. So yea you were right about pushing them away just giving them another stun BUT you could also use this as a bait to gain some distance later.

I think once gear becomes even, getting slept *might* lead to getting wombo'd. Getting reeled out of sleep can be brutal x.x
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You should use more Frigid Thunder and Thunder Strike :p
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    >I have no face

GG you people, GG.

Once we hit r9rr dusks are no problem at all. Not enough dmg to kill HA classes and no possibility to evade stuns/paralyzes/debuffs themselves + they are quite slow on their locks. The impression that I have a hard time comes from the fact that I only got -15% chan during that time which is a joke. With ~15% more chan I could've channeled nearly all skills without being interuppted which alone would have given me the upper hand by far. Needless to mention purify spell, debuffs and such.

I surely will have some more fights once the skills arrive and I bet this dusk in particular is very much a one-shot when the lvl100 debuff applies, especially considering the non lvl10 passives he's got. I still dont see them as a dangerous class. They still need way too much time to kill. I doubt that'll change with r9rr as defenses/HP will rise alot more compared to the dmg.
    You should use more Frigid Thunder and Thunder Strike :p

Nah they are too slow. maybe vs other classes but vs Dusks they are too slow. even the 1 sec chan skills got interrupted quite often. But ya, still need more chan, looking forward to r9rr <3 I suggest anyone to go for chan stones for the weap.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would have at least used Thunderstrike if I get a stun off, because that debuff is invaluable(Demon gives you 30 seconds to get to that 25% HP for that big hit). I can't explain how many times I have won a fight due to that debuff from Thunderstrike. But I can see what you mean when you say it's too slow, because it is. Frigid Thunder is useless unless in mass pk and you want to help another aoe DD keep targets still (Thus being said, demon is far superior than sage when it comes to this). b:thanks
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rekt so hard good watch during Maint.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited March 2015
    More vids to come guys (: vs other classes as well. I just need to get my weapon, belt and leggins mold and I'm good to go against nearly anyone <3 i'm excited xD wish me luck for fast mold drops :p
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nah they are too slow. maybe vs other classes but vs Dusks they are too slow. even the 1 sec chan skills got interrupted quite often. But ya, still need more chan, looking forward to r9rr <3 I suggest anyone to go for chan stones for the weap.

Thunderstrike has .8 second cast, and doesn't seem to suffer from animation minimum channel time that I've noticed as I've increased -chan. It's one I plan to spam quite frequently, due to that benefit.