Dear Blademasters...

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Stormbringer
Dear Blademasters can you please use Heaven's Flame when a Stormbringer is using Searing Moonlight? That will help in killing Bosses even faster than it did when Stormbringers werent in game.
Oh and if you could actually comunicate with us Stormbringers and anounce when you are going to use HF if we not going to use Searing due to the fact we dont got enough chi, we can use Avatar of the storm on bosses.
Ty for your time to read this.
b:bye
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• natsuryu
    natsuryu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    shouldnt this be on the bm forum?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear Blademasters can you please use Heaven's Flame when a Stormbringer is using Searing Moonlight? That will help in killing Bosses even faster than it did when Stormbringers werent in game.
    Oh and if you could actually comunicate with us Stormbringers and anounce when you are going to use HF if we not going to use Searing due to the fact we dont got enough chi, we can use Avatar of the storm on bosses.
    Ty for your time to read this.

Searing moonlight takes 19.5 (i had 15 seconds earlier because i forgot it was 1.3 seconds, not 1 second even) seconds to get up to its maximum potential, and just stays there after it reaches that point. If a bm hfs when you start, by the time youre fully debuffing they'll be half way to being able to reuse it anyway.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear Stormbringer.

You're a new class. Most players, myself included, who haven't played one yet don't know what half the effects of your toon do, searing moonlight included. Teaching others how to cooperate with your class isn't my job. If you need HF at a particular time, try asking for it maybe? Most BMs, myself included, try to watch for a primary DD (usually sin) sparking, and throw debuffs at that time.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited February 2015
    Searing moonlight is a stormbringer skill that looks like they're shooting a lazer at the target or something. Basically if you see a stormbringer using a single target channeling skill, its searing moonlight.

It provides a debuff that increases damage received. The skill hits every 1.3 seconds, and every time it hits it increases the damage 1% more until it reaches the maximum of 15% more. (IE 1.3 seconds-1% more, 2.6-2% more,..., 19.5 seconds-15%, 20.8 seconds-15%)

The debuff disappears almost immediately after the skill stops. I'm not sure what, if any, effect multiple simultaneous searing moonlights has

• zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dear Blademasters can you please use Heaven's Flame when a Stormbringer is using Searing Moonlight?

As a veno, I get even more frustrated with the fact that 90% of the BMs I squad with use HF before my amp casts at the start of a boss fight. It's like some kind of contest to show their skill lands first. I don't mind for subsequent amp / HFs during a longer fight as I will need to switch back to fox form at exactly the right moment to get in before them.

I'm still a bit in doubt myself about Searing for boss fights. I use it occasionally in 10-man groups if there are a couple of hard hitters present, but once I get a G16 weapon it will become almost ineffective. It's slow effect is wasted on bosses. You probably won't be moving around very much so better to use powerful combos rather than the chi wasted on Searing (will be even more true for Sage SBs). Also bear in mind that using it for 20 or so seconds at a time means that the boss may not have a magic defense debuff on him ( depending on squad make up ofc).
  • dragondeacon
    dragondeacon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The purpose of the HF is to maximize the amount of damage the boss takes, not to cater to narcissism. This means that I, as a bm, will use the skill at the appropriate time for the benefit of the squad as a whole to kill the boss in the quickest manner. As pointed out earlier, this means hf'ing when the primary dd's spark or when a preponderance of debuffs coincide.
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    The purpose of the HF is to maximize the amount of damage the boss takes, not to cater to narcissism. This means that I, as a bm, will use the skill at the appropriate time for the benefit of the squad as a whole to kill the boss in the quickest manner. As pointed out earlier, this means hf'ing when the primary dd's spark or when a preponderance of debuffs coincide.

Its time for you and the rest of ppl to know that starting with the Eclipse expansion SB are the primary DD and also the best DD in PVE.
    giphy.gif

• dragondeacon
    dragondeacon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Like I said...narcissism.
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    Like I said...narcissism.

Its not narcissism. Its pure truth.
    giphy.gif

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its time for you and the rest of ppl to know that starting with the Eclipse expansion SB are the primary DD and also the best DD in PVE.

Heh. Yea, okay hotshot. Your stormy, at most equipped with a +12 warsoul weapon and likely in Vana3 armor, is going to outDD fully R9 geared, max nuema'd, max title quest, max everything else'd sins, seekers, Black Voodoo psys and whatnot?
    I. Don't. Think. So.

Until I start seeing some vids of stormies landing consecutive 500k or higher hits on them bosses I'm going to stick with HFing on sparks. I've yet to see a Stormy steal aggro in FSP.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    Heh. Yea, okay hotshot. Your stormy, at most equipped with a +12 warsoul weapon and likely in Vana3 armor, is going to outDD fully R9 geared, max nuema'd, max title quest, max everything else'd sins, seekers, Black Voodoo psys and whatnot?
    I. Don't. Think. So.

Until I start seeing some vids of stormies landing consecutive 500k or higher hits on them bosses I'm going to stick with HFing on sparks. I've yet to see a Stormy steal aggro in FSP.

WOW.really?
    I am not talking about situation when we are outgeared by other players cause you know what?
    yes we are outgeared and thats because we are missing some gear.not our fault.
    But I ve been in situations were almost all players in squad were in the same lvl range, similar gear power( more or less) were i pulled agro from other players causing my death.
    Using searing I steal agro from a BM with T2 gear in bh89( yes my SB is low lvl)
    I steal agro from another BM with lvl99 gear in TT 1-2( my SB was lvl95 atm )
    So if i stealed agro now when I am just low lvl what the hell will happen when I will go into high lvl instances and there will be no r9r3+12 player in there?
    What will happen if I am going to pull agro from the tank?

EDIT:
    you should go and play a SB and maybe you will understand why atm they are the best DD in the game.
    Il mention 2 of the skills that shows they are the best DD:
    Lunar Shadow.
    giphy.gif

• PatsyBanger - Archosaur
    PatsyBanger - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why would we base our timing on a toon that does not even have rrr9 gear yet let alone know what it will be later. I time my hf on my bm to go with the person doing the real damage in the group
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I. Don't. Think. So.

My stormy is 101x3, full g16 gear, warsoul +7 weapon. Yet, I steal aggro from r9rr +12 players quite often. For example:
    - duo'ed bh snake with r9rr +12 cleric. She didn't have a chance to take snake's aggro off me, though she was in UVD and spamming primal cyclone.
    - ran fsp with majority of the squad being r9rr, some of them fully +12, good cards, etc.
    Water boss was ping-pong'ing between me and end-game barb.
    Stole toad from the said barb, then turtled with my heal skill until aggro was taken off me.
    Tanked succubus boss the whole fight.

And I've many, many examples of stealing aggro in weeklies, bhs, ws, etc.
    Many people don't have a clue about new classes, that's forgivable, but they'll have to adjust.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    ltea wrote: »
    My stormy is 101x3, full g16 gear, warsoul +7 weapon. Yet, I steal aggro from r9rr +12 players quite often. For example:
    - duo'ed bh snake with r9rr +12 cleric. She didn't have a chance to take snake's aggro off me, though she was in UVD and spamming primal cyclone.
    - ran fsp with majority of the squad being r9rr, some of them fully +12, good cards, etc.
    Water boss was ping-pong'ing between me and end-game barb.
    Stole toad from the said barb, then turtled with my heal skill until aggro was taken off me.
    Tanked succubus boss the whole fight.

And I've many, many examples of stealing aggro in weeklies, bhs, ws, etc.
    Many people don't have a clue about new classes, that's forgivable, but they'll have to adjust.

Thank you.
    Sadly people are still underestimate SB.
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thing is, Searing isn't how a SB maxes out their DPS anyways, so not sure why SB DPS tanking is being conflated with Searing spam.

Being able to boost our channeling by 20/25% using one of our DPS spam skills, and doing so while being up to 78% damage boost, and able to triple spark during that, against a target we have debuffed to 0 mdef against our damage type for 14 seconds or so is where our damage is going to come from. Searing has nothing to do with that. The ability to hit -100% channeling much easier is where their strength is going to come from.

So an SB will out-DD similar geared players, or even ones with better cards and gear. Not completely, but will mean another DD will need much better gear to do equal amounts of damage. So there will likely be an increase in SB numbers once people start realizing that little tidbit. Because during our spike damage time, someone else would need 54% better mag attk in some fashion to equalize just that portion to make up the difference. That's not even counting speed in casting difference.
  • caius775
    caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll have to agree, I'm 95 and I'm capable of easily taking agro from +10g16 players besides aps sin... I even out DD +12 seeker but her debuffs have had a role to play. My average dmg with TM+triple+cell buff= 200-250kish per skill. On 150 mobs in Ws it's like 60-80k stack that with summon dmg and avatar..... SB is truly devastating btw I use +10 Ws scythe
    edited March 2015

This will be true eventually, yes.

But its nowhere near close now. My wizard, without spark, hits for more than my stormbringer does with trip spark and reaper form. My stormbringer only has g15 and it's +6, so yes, he could have a much higher damage output, but even my cleric using just g16+10 still hits for significantly more when she has tt90 armor on.

Will a stormbringer with full r9r3 stormbringer hit for more dps? No question. But don't get ahead of yourself. (Especially not when you're talking about your own dps as you sit in searing moonlight)

• ltea
    edited March 2015
    This will be true eventually, yes.

But its nowhere near close now. My wizard, without spark, hits for more than my stormbringer does with trip spark and reaper form. My stormbringer only has g15 and it's +6, so yes, he could have a much higher damage output, but even my cleric using just g16+10 still hits for significantly more when she has tt90 armor on.

Will a stormbringer with full r9r3 stormbringer hit for more dps? No question. But don't get ahead of yourself. (Especially not when you're talking about your own dps as you sit in searing moonlight)

You're looking at DPH alone, consider DPS too. Having g15 weapon your storm hits as much as 1 tick of your avatar, and your shadow probably hits even harder than you do. That's because avatar and shadow are not affected by attack levels (which you lack) and have no damage reduction on lvl 150 bosses.
    Try to sum avatar + shadow + your own damage and you'll see a huge DPS.
    My avatar, cast on boss, hits 40-60k per tick, if boss is fully debuffed, and there are LOTS of such ticks, so think about the damage you do with only 1 skill.
    Add your shadow to that, which also has no damage reduction and punches 30k per hit or more, depending on debuffs.
    And on top of that, there's you, triple sparked, in reaper form and with reduced channeling. My storm already punches bosses way over 100k per hit when they're debuffed.

Sum all that up - who will say that's little damage?b:chuckle
  • caius775
    caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pretty much, also note avatar hits twice per second highest arcane burst dps dmg in the game and is a lvl 150 anti ApS boss slayer. A cleric friend of mine is +11/+12 gear r999 I out DD her quite easily.... It's reality new comers walkin rekt in stuffs trying to take over yall have competition.
  • ltea
    edited March 2015
    caius775 wrote: »
    Pretty much, also note avatar hits twice per second highest arcane burst dps dmg in the game and is a lvl 150 anti ApS boss slayer. A cleric friend of mine is +11/+12 gear r999 I out DD her quite easily.... It's reality new comers walkin rekt in stuffs trying to take over yall have competition.

Yep, I too have already mentioned that I easily outDD'ed r9rr +12 cleric who was in UVD.
    Sins still have DPS edge over storms on non anti-aps stuff, but when it comes to anti-aps, they have no chance.
    I'm pretty sure that endgame storms will outDD sins everywhere.
  • bloodedone87
    edited March 2015
    Thing is, Searing isn't how a SB maxes out their DPS anyways, so not sure why SB DPS tanking is being conflated with Searing spam.

Being able to boost our channeling by 20/25% using one of our DPS spam skills, and doing so while being up to 78% damage boost, and able to triple spark during that, against a target we have debuffed to 0 mdef against our damage type for 14 seconds or so is where our damage is going to come from. Searing has nothing to do with that. The ability to hit -100% channeling much easier is where their strength is going to come from.

So an SB will out-DD similar geared players, or even ones with better cards and gear. Not completely, but will mean another DD will need much better gear to do equal amounts of damage. So there will likely be an increase in SB numbers once people start realizing that little tidbit. Because during our spike damage time, someone else would need 54% better mag attk in some fashion to equalize just that portion to make up the difference. That's not even counting speed in casting difference.

Searing increase skill damage for all players
    HF increse damage enemies take
    Shouldnt this 2 skill stack together?
    Cause in my mind they should
    giphy.gif

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's maximized DPS for the SB or even the group. I'm mostly thinking of the groups for FSP, and everyone doing their maximum damage output for fast kills. And that means DB buff on group, Sac strike QpQ, 90/100% debuff, HF, trip sparked reaper formed Supercelled skill spam.

It all depends on how good the group is, really. A well rounded group with even decent gear should be capable of dropping a boss in there before Searing would even reach the full 15% anyways. I've seen the toad boss drop 40% health in around 5 seconds, and that was with a sin tanking it.

Searing is, for sages, our charge up after exhausting our flat out damage combos, to regain chi while passively amping party damage. That's when we're waiting for all those skills like our 100 culti and chi gain morai skill to recharge, reaper form to come off CD, etc.

But mostly, that'll be if they add future boss content that's even more OP for end game content. Because when things are layered right, we're not really going to be needing Searing unless we're with a shoddy group.
  • ltea
    edited March 2015

Yes, searing stacks with all other debuffs, because it's unique.

But I also totally agree with Sylvae that searing is not how SB maxes out their damage output.

In my point of view, SB can choose from passive DD and active DD roles, whichever suits the situation best.

Passive - throw mag debuff at the start and go into searing for the rest of the fight.
    Works best in longer boss fights, where searing can reach it's full potential.
    Also, in places, where storm doesn't shine as DD, such as on Aurogon in AEU or Lord Phyrex in UCH.

Active - avatar and shadow out, perma 40% mag def debuff, 20% increased channeling, reaper form, 20% skill damage increase from supercell, triple sparked beast from depths of hell that outDDs the rest of the squad. b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thats the yellow blob colored skill ball picture skills right? :D gawd i havnt even remembered my skill names yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ltea
    edited March 2015
    thats the yellow blob colored skill ball picture skills right? :D gawd i havnt even remembered my skill names yet.

That's the one, yes.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It all depends on how good the group is, really. A well rounded group with even decent gear should be capable of dropping a boss in there before Searing would even reach the full 15% anyways. I've seen the toad boss drop 40% health in around 5 seconds, and that was with a sin tanking it.

^ Exactly this.

Most people want the boss to go down as fast as possible, they aren't willing to wait until they can do max damage if they can kill it faster the old way.

Even when bosses don't die fast the class is still new as others have said. it will take time for people to get use to it, not to mention, those bms who seem to hf whenever they please/whenever only one person sparks.

A bm's strength lies in their ability to time their debuffs so that others can deal the damage, and do the killing. Their ability to control is almost pointless these days, as everyone gear completely out performs the dungeons in game these day, and the one place they shined the most has been killed off popularity wise when they removed the coins from the mushrooms, yes we can still earn money from it, but people still aren't all that willing to go do it, between the time it takes, and the fact that it too can easily be pwnt into the ground these days as gear lets people get away with being stupid/pick up the slack of a fail bm... or any other class for that matter.

Blademasters are a difficult class to truly master, be it pve or pvp, sure to some it may be a button smashing herpa derp class, but for the ones who clearly put some thought/had the right 'teachers'/have the gear (in some places)... it is truly noticeable. Some people are absolutely unwilling to put real thought into when to actually time their hf/gs etc.

To be fair in some cases though... it can be hard to time hf with certain squads, as their synergy is completely whack, 1 person spark, 5 seconds later another sparks, then 7 the rest sparks... it can be quite frustrating in squads like that.

Also as someone else said it is about hfing/gsing etc at just the right time to get the squads full damage potential out as soon as possible, and kill the boss asap, if that so happens to be long before the 15 seconds is up for the damage boost from the SB searing skill, then so be it, I for one will hf long before that 15 seconds is up.

Hell even if the squad can't kill in 15 seconds, I will likely still hf/gs etc whenever I see fit (likely when people spark) even if it doesn't coincide with the SB skill.

My point is that sometimes it just isn't worth it to wait for a skill to get up to full potential, if the squad can kill with the debuffs that are at the ready/don't have to build up steam so to speak.

---

As for the bit about strombringer doing more damage than a seeker, of course they will, magic is stupidly ridiculously strong regardless of the game, that is what a SB uses, of course they will do far more damage than a class that has physical damage as their primary way of damage.

^ That is just the way it is, always will be, magic is FAR stronger than melee.

Though yes it is true seekers do insane amounts of damage, they also are a ranged melee class, with the emphasis on melee... in this case anyways. They get their damage from the strength multiplier not the magic multiplier.

Strombringers get their's from the magic multiplier. Ergo their damage is going to be superior.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ltea
    edited March 2015
    No, that HF timing with SB's searing was a complete nonsense. OP didn't really understood how the skill works.
    That matter is already answered by 2 pages of posts and we're happily going offtopic. b:laugh