Is PWI closing down soon?

Comments

• nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup, more they are rich more they are greedy and wicked... PWI really need to make those players return to the normal world b:laugh I will laugh at them too b:laugh

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yup, more they are rich more they are greedy and wicked... PWI really need to make those players return to the normal world b:laugh I will laugh at them too b:laugh

Laughing at other people's misfortune? What a p.rick you are.

b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [QUOTE=Valrain - Archosaur;22333601
    Go read PWE's GlassDoor comments. PWE is run by accountants. It makes me sad to read, since it sounds like the place is filled with a lot of people who care about the game and the players (like sparkie) but the management structure is totally dysfunctional. I've worked in places like that before, and it's soul crushing. Morale is in the toilet because people can't do what they know is good for the game. PWE is reliant on PW-CN for content, but PW-CN unfortunately only cares about PW-CN.
    [/QUOTE]

Sry, can't see any difference to any other companies/branches I worked till now (worked already @ research&dev, production and quality management). That's just the way "western" world looks nowadays. We're all living in America, America ist wunderbar (this is not a love song).

[QUOTE=Valrain - Archosaur;22333601
    I wish I could grant legal immunity to PWE so that they could just take the code and start their own "private" servers and hire development teams and leave PW-CN behind. Unless something like that happens, we're stuck.
    [/QUOTE]

Can't agree on that one. Would "Perfect World" not have been such a big blockbuster in China in the last few years, we would have already vanished like almost all other little MMOs which never yielded enough to even get the invested money back.

Our pwi core community per server was always way too low to let us survive without china. So many people are always like "oh gosh, look, this CSer did spent 30k dollars on this game, pwe must be so rich now". Sure, 30k is way too much to spent it for a game. But what are 30k $ at the end of the day for a company? Not even an average annual gross income for a single employee.
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    war34child wrote: »
    Sry, can't see any difference to any other companies/branches I worked till now (worked already @ research&dev, production and quality management). That's just the way "western" world looks nowadays. We're all living in America, America ist wunderbar (this is not a love song).

Corporate America is, for the most part, completely broken. But there are a lot of smaller companies that are really fun to work with/for. All the innovation these days happens at the small places, then they get bought by the large places, so then they take their cash and open a new small place. That's the way of the land these days.

As to your second point, I agree and I think that's the most likely case for PWI getting shut down. Bandwidth costs are excessive for the number of servers (like actual hardware servers, not the number of "server names" we see in the client), so unless there is a large player base cash-shopping there's to reason for them to bleed cash.

The sudden stop to code patches is a little concerning as well. There's something going on between PWE and Wanmei that we're not privy to.
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nope, your overreacting. Simply says the DQ system might not be implemented. People always say PWI will be closing down, but tha's what they want for whatever reason.
  • sweetannabelle
    sweetannabelle Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From what I have seen, Morai at least seems populated and active. I don't think it'll close anytime soon.
    YL4E0jS.jpg
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The short answer is no it's not shutting down. Long answer is...The people that run this game figured out that no matter how little they support the game, how much they neglect the community, keep them in the dark and basically **** on them without even the courtesy of calling it rain that the community will still keep blowing money on this game.

I mean come on. Why should they do anything but the bare minimum when it's obvious this games community members are gluttons for punishment. It's like someone kicking you in the balls and saying "Please sir may I have another?"

TLDR version : They neglect the game and people are still throwing money at them so why would they bother to change things?
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    The short answer is no it's not shutting down. Long answer is...The people that run this game figured out that no matter how little they support the game, how much they neglect the community, keep them in the dark and basically **** on them without even the courtesy of calling it rain that the community will still keep blowing money on this game.

I mean come on. Why should they do anything but the bare minimum when it's obvious this games community members are gluttons for punishment. It's like someone kicking you in the balls and saying "Please sir may I have another?"

TLDR version : They neglect the game and people are still throwing money at them so why would they bother to change things?

Agree, we are all sandboxed in a virtual world where human weaknesses can be exploited at the fullest.

Gambling is one of the oldest activity humans easily succumb into and it's all over Perfect World. Packs, refines, war avatars, even the most basic things such as colours are also put on the table >_<'.

Ego is also human weakness that is being exploited in the game, Duke Blackie is to blame for this, he shouts and makes sure someone's name be heard to every corner of Perfect World if this someone gets something rare, powerful or expensive. It can drive other players to race opening packs for getting the rarest item from the current packs offered in boutique. Same with Avatar packs, someone clicks the mouse opening tons of avatar packs and believe that he's on a quest for power and won't quit until Duke Blackie acknowledge him.

Those two alone can drive people crazy and throws money in the game on their own free will .b:chuckle
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reaperarm1 wrote: »

Very true.
    Upset with the state of the game? Don't pay real money for it. It's really that simple.
    I support PWI by giving my time to playing the game, the Company has long now not deserved my financial support. Loving to play the game itself, and wanting to pay money for things in the game are thankfully entirely different.

PWI could close down tomorrow, they don't even need a reason. That's the risky mmo world we're living in. Sad yes, horrible to consider, but I haven't really seen anything that would lead me to believe that the end is nigh. If it's just about the DQ thing, well I don't think anyone is surprised at this point that nothing is going to be done about it. It's sad when the closest thing to an official statement we'll ever get comes out and says yeah, no one cares about what you think, peace out.

Realistically though, there are smaller MMOs than PWI that have been going on happily for just as long or longer. I occasionally check on the status of my first MMO, which even when I played like, 7 years ago now, was literally small enough that I knew every single playername on my server by sight and the top 4 factions had to combine forces to take on any of the high-end dungeons. 2 years ago I think they merged 2-3 pve servers together and this year it looks like they came out with a new expansion and are still going!
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is actually a real huge difference between a game dieing because there is no new content which cause a lot of players to leave and a game that would die because the company decides to shut down the servers.
    But I don't think we'll see any closure soon.

b:laugh

Really, you expect them to close the services without having taken the proper measures?
    Do you really expect to have any consumer rights if you agreed into paying for something that does not exist and is clearly stated beforehand?
    Also, do you think they would just wander about pretending to make business and take those risks?

If they're to close the game they already have all the enough papers to do so without having to pay you back a dime.

I'm sorry to say sir, but, whatever amount of money you spent in this game is not coming back to you. Enjoy it in-game while you can.

This idea is just as ridiculous as buying coca-cola and expecting reimburse after having drank it.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you look at the balance sheet at the official site they do say they only envisaged a 5-6 year lifespan on their games however didnt a CM say last year player numbers were up? I have a sad interest in balance sheets but the company only lists numbers for the chinese version and I've tried to find US/EU player numbers and revenue.

Anyone any idea of player numbers? Morai is always pretty busy, never struggle to get a squad, plenty of ppl in wc, tons of cats etc.

I know PWI doesnt owe us anything, had a good 6 years and tbh if it went tomorrow i wouldnt struggle to find something else to do but it is quite disheartening to see a CM sound so apathetic b:cry
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A company won't close down a game that is still turning a profit. Therefor PWI is here to stay until the cashers collectively bugger off. And a bunch of those are having a lot of fun beating eachother senseless every other night or so, so I'm not worried about the servers kapoofing in the near future.

I am worried about drawing in new players, as it's hard to start from scratch and get caught up with the top. Gear gap (with associated lockout of coop play due to gear gap, the high rollers don't want oneshots in their party) and poor support will turn potential customers away.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Really, you expect them to close the services without having taken the proper measures?
    Do you really expect to have any consumer rights if you agreed into paying for something that does not exist and is clearly stated beforehand?
    Also, do you think they would just wander about pretending to make business and take those risks?

If they're to close the game they already have all the enough papers to do so without having to pay you back a dime.

I'm sorry to say sir, but, whatever amount of money you spent in this game is not coming back to you. Enjoy it in-game while you can.

This idea is just as ridiculous as buying coca-cola and expecting reimburse after having drank it.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the relation between the text you quoted from me and this comment.
    Actually I think I agree with your post but don't get which idea you're talking about..
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It will be shutting down for sure but no one know WHEN it will. Everthing has the end and I don't think people will play this game until their life end. So just playing if you're happy with it then you will never regret after it's closed. b:chuckle
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    overcomem wrote: »
    It will be shutting down for sure but no one know WHEN it will. Everthing has the end and I don't think people will play this game until their life end. So just playing if you're happy with it then you will never regret after it's closed. b:chuckle

What is pleasure to troll ?

As said by CM
    I guess I should clarify a bit. There is no plans to kill the game...
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2015

As said by CM
    I think the point was, no one should expect PWI to be around forever, all MMO's have a finite lifespan. PWI will be gone someday, be it in one year or 10 years, enjoy it while its here b:cute
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If PWI closes, any ZEN you had left would be transferred to another PWE/ARC game of your choice. Based on how ZEN can not be bought anymore, such as we directly buy in-game Gold, you will likely get screwed (which may have been part of the point of them having changed that with ARC). PWE closed 2 games in 2010. I forget what their names were, but I am sure there are still people around that remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This.

Does this really imply that PWE is planning to get rid of PWI? There are a million reasons for them not to do that, mainly because they currently seem to have Zero effort in keeping the game running (no support, no dev costs and stuff) especially while the game is still thriving in china.

Still..altho I doubt that they would really shut it down also considering how much some people spend here and did spend lately...they can't tell me that they do not earn enough with this game. Actually...most of PWEs other games have been funded via PWI.

This is purely food for thought I thought I'd post for you guys.

I recently became aware Perfect World had a hand in making DoTa 2. Distribution in China rather, to my understanding, but point is they helped make the game possible to a large market. Got Steam? Go to Store, access the drop down menu and click Stats. You'll see Dota 2 is the most played Steam game every day by a clear margin.

Yknow how Valve used to make games like Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2, and now they seem content to sell OTHER people's software, content to support games like CS:GO, DoTa 2 and TF2 with only minor updates here and there that can help them make some extra profit? I don't play Perfect World anymore, nor do I follow PWE as a company much, so I cannot say for certain, but perhaps PWE has realized it can make more money doing something else, much like Valve transitioned from game developers to a sort of misc software platform developer thingy? Dota 2 is the most popular game on Steam, and PWE had a hand in it's creation. If their acquisition of the game's Chinese market absolutely dwarfes any profits seen from MMOs such as Perfect World, then the company may find itself in a transitional period where they're trying to figure out a way to expand on that part of their business, paying little mind to Perfect World and other games.

I occassionally looked up business reviews for PWE on and off when I still played. Partly cause I had a stock portfolio to manage and there was a time their stock value was taking off, partly because these forums have always had naysayers who claimed PWI was the spawn of satan and the worst company ever. What'd I find in the business reviews? The jist of them was typically a tone of "If you want a successful company that knows what it's doing and is set to remain profitable, sign on. If you want a job where you won't be treated like **** or worked to the bone, where you feel like your voice matters little, stay away." As I said I don't play anymore, but in retrospect I'd be inclined to agree that PWI always gave me the impression they know what they're doing. Hell, part of the reason I quit a year ago was because I WASN'T seeing anything that implied the company cared about the game; PWI had always always ALWAYS come around and provided quality updates to combat any blemishes the game had, always at the exact moment the frustration with said blemish boiled over. PWI always heard the complaints and fixed them eventually. That time was different. They heard the complaints, and yet they did nothing. That was alarming to me and suggested the best days were gone and that the company was too concerned with other matters to be concerned with PWI, hence I jumped ship.

Having said that, games like these die slow, not suddenly. When I quit a year ago, no, I did not expect the game would die at any moment. It was merely a point where I felt I would begin to regret any further time "wasted" playing the game since I didn't feel my dedication to the game (doing dailies and the whole shebang) would have enough pay off to warrant that time, AKA I felt the tediousness of the game had hit a point where it'd outweigh any potential reward (aka fun gameplay). Still, I don't think you or anyone needs to worry about the game suddenly coming offline for at least another year. (that being the pessimistic estimate; I'll bet it lasts longer) It's up to you how long you wanna stick around with the game, ultimately.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    we used to get constant patches, every few weeks at max.
    Having maintenance weeks where it was only a restart was pretty rare.

It seems as though PWE may have shifted focus to its other, newer games as they have growing popularity where as PWI is kind of dwindling.

TBH, i think if PWI put in some effort to better the game-play and experience for players of all levels. Implemented better farming of gears and end-game alternatives to R9 (not just G16 from ws/lunar). People would definitely have more fun and enjoy the game...

They should develop some tiered levels for NW/TW, etc... So lower / weaker players could enjoy gameplay and thus keep their interest in the game. Instead of going to NW to farm tokens, and get 1 shot for 100k+ hits.

The main issue for PWI now, is there is so much grinding day to day, week after week, to get remotely close to endgame. Getting to 100 and full G16 is no where nearly enough. You gotta hit 101x3, get pretty much all A cards, grind nuemas, etc... to get remotely close to competitive play.
    And the grind getting there, you don't see much improvement until you're close. And then, there is still the full +12 / josd / op card set people who simply gear-win all the time.

Or just read this summary below

Overall, it seems to me, that PWE believes that PWI is a lost cause. The game engine is old and tough to develop in. The player base is dropping and servers might need a merge to keep a decent population. Thus we've not been getting frequent patches or updates. Sparkie has no idea when things will come out and its not his fault, because the devs probably have been assigned to other priorities. So there is no deadline for the demon/sage skills or the 3rd cast for R9 for the new classes.
    b:cry

I think we should petition or let PWI know, that we are the players and we're here to play and have fun.
    If they add more features to attract new players, and some new things for old players to do then the game can be revived. They could just revive Nirvana, change the drops into something useful, and that would be the shortest development for essentially a completely new instance.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015

As said by CM

I love how u quote something sparkie said like he is the divine powers of what goes on with the game. On top of that...just because he says there is no plans to kill the game...he is referring to RIGHT NOW....never know what the future holds. If you are going to try to come at people with smart trolling....at least BE smart about it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2015
    we used to get constant patches, every few weeks at max.
    Having maintenance weeks where it was only a restart was pretty rare.

It seems as though PWE may have shifted focus to its other, newer games as they have growing popularity where as PWI is kind of dwindling.

~snip~
    You are aware that PWE doesn't develop the games right? PWE is just a publisher. PWI is one of their titles.

Wanmei in china is the developer. Thanks to PWE, we got the expansion a few months before Wanmei planned on having it ready. They're still catching up to PWE's deployment demands and additionally truing to fix the bugs that were created by the rush job, again, pushed by PWE.

Game is based in China, and it's going pretty strong over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You are aware that PWE doesn't develop the games right? PWE is just a publisher. PWI is one of their titles.

Wanmei in china is the developer. Thanks to PWE, we got the expansion a few months before Wanmei planned on having it ready. They're still catching up to PWE's deployment demands and additionally truing to fix the bugs that were created by the rush job, again, pushed by PWE.

Game is based in China, and it's going pretty strong over there.

come on now syl, tell the people the truth. pwi has lost over 80% of their player base the past 4 years. so saying the game is doing good over there is just hyping.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    condo2009 wrote: »
    come on now syl, tell the people the truth. pwi has lost over 80% of their player base the past 4 years. so saying the game is doing good over there is just hyping.
    Can we see where this number of 80% comes from, please? Any actual facts and numbers that support it would be fine.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    condo2009 wrote: »

Can you even read?

Even if your numbers had any basis in reality (I highly doubt they do -- implying our servers used to be over 5x as populated as they are now is asinine), those are numbers for pwi, not for pwcn. Like it or not, pwcn is flourishing, because it has adequate management.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I use Morai as an example, I know that several (almost) endgame players left during the last months, and the newcomers still need time to improve gears/levels.
    But the fact is that in NW there are still as many people as before, maybe even more (140-180 by nation). Obvisously these numbers include alts, but there are also people that just don't want to go in NW.
    So, I don't know what the numbers are in other servers, but I would say EU server is still ok so far.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as i can tell the thread was started because someone is impatient with the demon/sage skills for new class and can't live without dq points....
    So the skills are coming soon and people don't seem to care much about the dq points anyway since pwi give out a code for event gold from time to time..
    And for some reason this became conference of people that can tell future about how pwi going to end up..None here knows that and you cant predict anything, i don't see people getting missing.So why don't you all stop being future telling psychics and play the damn game already, and if you ''don't like where this is going'' simply leave and play game that you like ''where is it going to''. And if you that paranoid that the game might die instead of qq'ing go around advertising it maybe that will make you feel better.
    So again if you gonna cry about on everything that isn't working i challenge you to find a purely 100% working game with literally no bug's gliches perfect economy and greatest community ever.The name Perfect World is just a name so wake up and realise that NOTHING is perfect. Apart from some people stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wouldn't it be strange for pwi to import new classes and spend energy getting the sage/demon skills if the game is about to shut down? And compared to other games I've been playing pwi is very lively so I dont think we'll see a shut down...though it still makes me nervous when people talk about it.
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...though it still makes me nervous when people talk about it.

That's what those trolls aiming for xD. *Mission accomplished*
  • Lluan - Heavens Tear
    Lluan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I use Morai as an example, I know that several (almost) endgame players left during the last months, and the newcomers still need time to improve gears/levels.
    But the fact is that in NW there are still as many people as before, maybe even more (140-180 by nation). Obvisously these numbers include alts, but there are also people that just don't want to go in NW.
    So, I don't know what the numbers are in other servers, but I would say EU server is still ok so far.

HT used to have 350 ish per nation, now it is around 100/110. Definately not enough for decent fights in my opinion, compared to how many maps there is :(
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep NW is like the pie chart of the game.Yes the player base has dwindled maybe to other games maybe to people actually stop playing games maybe to better apps on their phonesb:laugh maybe enjoying rl instead of sitting all day for hours maybe rekindling a relationship because they were addicted and spent to much on a Chinese game(hey its made in china in wich means its likely to break many many times.).The only player base in this game are mainly the people that been on the the 6 year duration and making new alts to farm bh's with now since auto culti is basicly null and void(you can take that out btw,kinda a waste of programming time tbh).Some of the majority are still running on 2009 computer and lap tops and cant hop to better structured games..im serious man lol we got r9s3 people running at 10 fps and low graphics...come on man your toon cost more than your computer? lol...dude get your real gear before you get your vapor gear man!b:laugh