DuskBlade VS ALL

Options
tek1nig
tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Duskblade
Ok, So I've been doing lots of pvp sessions with my duskblade and I've found that so far, I Only have a bit of an issue killing psychics because of non-stop soul of silence. All other casters including StormBringer's go down if caught in the stunlock. All casters that I've fought with purify spell were basically disabled instantly due to my blinking movements and other paralyze skills.

Barbs - I'm able to stun them before they can issue an invoke or solid shield and can stunlock them until they die. If they do proc their defenses I end up holding them down with CC until their defense is down and then continue the CC lock until the barb is down.

Veno - Careful of their reflective buffs - Here I divine moonlight and blast them away with charge skills that lead into my galemark combos. Never ignore their pet. I tend to kill it first whenever possible. Because certain skills of theirs can be used without a weapon you may want to increase the time of your slash of pride rather than waiting for it to be fully charged - I'd say 60% roughly "same with most casters"

Blademaster - these guys are by far the biggest pain in the ***** because they can permanently stun-lock you if you don't get your initial sun off first. So read their buffs and if they anti-stun try to time your blinking movements and your own antistun to reset another 2 blinking movements to make their anti-stun mean nothing. After that lead into the normal stunlock until they die "rinse repeat if the bm escapes with AD or EXPELL". Once you get a Tier 3 r9rr weapon it gets easier because of the extra range.

Wizard - As long as you don't auto-attack an endgame wizard your normal stunlock should finish these guys off. < copy their skill whenever possible as you will gain an elemental AOE attack - to use against other people helping the wizard in mass pvp> +1 +1 +1 (Important note: Wizards can still instant channel a sleep on you without a weapon so do your best to time your slash of pride's stun and chain into a combo quickly if possible)

Archer - Unfortunately for them we are built to counter them in everyway. Use your timing to nullify the archers attempt to attack you cancelling their every attempt. You can also use blinking movement with resets + a combination of Grief and Strigimorphic Dive "shadowprey reel-in" + distant cloud simply to finish the job. We out jump them so there is no escape.

Cleric - Surviving vs an endgame cleric is a bit tricky as now they have morai skills that can hit you through your sleeping state and not wake you up. Once you get the cleric locked down they should be easy enough to dismantle. If you are caught in their sleep lock combo try to quickly stealth gain chi and quickly start up the combo again.

Assassin - Being another dexterity LA means your damage by default vs. an Assassin is superior. When fighting an assassin that heavily relies upon sage tidal you have 2 choices. go blow for blow with your ant stun on and spam your CC skills until one hits "not recommended but possible", or kyte the tidal. I myself have killed many sins significantly higher geared than me just by waiting out their tidal and stun locking them to death. Most sins I've fought were on a higher level than I, the ones that I fought that were on the same gear level / spirit / cards were no contest even with stealth. The signature 1 shot knife throw will not work on a duskblade because of ranged damage reduction :)

Psychic - be careful of their buffs they have in play. Antistun vs their soul of stunning and lock them to death. If you are silenced by their soul of stunning, depending on the power of your opponent now may be a good time for you to put your finger on the AD button. Otherwise I find they will go down faster than other casters if you don't get caught in their SEAL-Lock - For a stronger psychic you may want to Divine moonlight > SLASH OF PRIDE to disable their weapon and depending on refinement a large portion of their soulforce driving the spam sealing. Once that's out of the way >:) begin a quick paced stunlock to get in maximum uninterrupted damage.

Seeker - As their weakness is CC, you by default have a significant advantage when fighting a seeker. keep your eye on their defense level debuff combo they throw on you via QUID PRO QUO and ready yourself to throw it back at a moments notice. Unlick other classes when you copy a seekers skill and use it - it does not take 2 sparks. and you get a chi-gain of 10.

Mystic - Sleep and open with copying their skill as their best skill that keeps them alive long will suddenly become YOURS !!! BAM FALLING PETALS!!! With CC and well timed blinking movements mystics shouldn't even have the chance to 1 shot heal themselves to full health. As with a venomancer its even more important to destroy the mystic's pets as it can imbue them with some really dangerous adds. I tend to use slash of the pride while I'm in close and that aoe alone normally kills the pet. Use your Luminance debuff on mystics & clerics as it will most likely disable their 1 shot heals if that's what they happen to be spamming at the time of the debuff - Remember with every push back they execute be ready spamming one of your jump button to get right back in their face with an instant re-stunlock.

Duskblade - Equal gear fights go similar to how assassins fights go. The first to get consecutive zerk crits will win. So paying attention to your opponents buffs and using your locks to counter are crucial. Even a much weaker duskblade can kill you if you allow them to perma stunlock you.

Stormbringer - when they put the movement debuff on you I've found utilizing stealth and standing still will normally work. In the times it doesn't don't be afraid to jump once with blinking movement to initiate a stunlock combo. Never stand in their constant AOE's and always keep an eye out for their clone. Due to game mechanics the clone will most likely hit you harder than the original does ( early gear - with end gear spirit and refine your bigger worry is the caster themselves rather than the clone). So getting rid of that thing is priority. BUT if you have that damage dealing edge on the storm bringer you may want to tank through the clone and attack the caster as the death of the caster will unsummon the pet. Their biggest strength "running while casting" means nothing to a duskblade. Do not make a habit out of following them if your jumps are on cooldown as their moving while casting will hurt you here. If you can Be mindful of their movment debuff > Kill their pet > And stay out of their large flashy ZONE aoe's Then killing them should be like any other caster. This process is slightly complicated once they transform. I've always found if they transform you should as well to nerf their ranged damage and giving you a higher probability of a stunlock when getting in close > while they are transformed your goal is to stunlock them not kill as your damage is significantly reduced. Stormbringer with purify spell is a bit tougher to kill so time your blinking movements well and their biggest advantages will be nullified.

This is my experience so far. I will put a calc for my duskblade once the website for calc's are updated for this class.

Hope these tips help someone ;D
VWjvQZ8.jpg
Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sounds good, what is your current gear?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It kind of died for me when I read that clones apparently deal more damage than the original. I had no idea he had a lvl 150 duskblade. Or it's just confusion in how the clone works. Either way, anything regarding SB is moot from lack of credible knowledge about even their most fundamental mechanics.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Ok, So I've been doing lots of pvp sessions with my duskblade and I've found that so far, I Only have a bit of an issue killing psychics because of non-stop soul of silence. All other casters including StormBringer's go down if caught in the stunlock. All casters that I've fought with purify spell were basically disabled instantly due to my blinking movements and other paralyze skills.

Barbs - I'm able to stun them before they can issue an invoke or solid shield and can stunlock them until they die. If they do proc their defenses I end up holding them down with CC until their defense is down and then continue the CC lock until the barb is down.

Veno - Careful of their reflective buffs - Here I divine moonlight and blast them away with charge skills that lead into my galemark combos. Never ignore their pet. I tend to kill it first whenever possible.

Blademaster - these guys are by far the biggest pain in the ***** because they can permanently stun-lock you if you don't get your initial sun off first. So read their buffs and if they anti-stun try to time your blinking movements and your own antistun to reset another 2 blinking movements to make their anti-stun mean nothing. After that lead into the normal stunlock until they die "rinse repeat if the bm escapes with AD or EXPELL".

Wizard - As long as you don't auto-attack an endgame wizard your normal stunlock should finish these guys off. < copy their skill whenever possible as you will gain an elemental AOE attack - to use against other people helping the wizard in mass pvp> +1 +1 +1

Archer - Unfortunately for them we are built to counter them in everyway. Use your timing to nullify the archers attempt to attack you cancelling their every attempt. You can also use blinking movement with resets + a combination of Grief and Strigimorphic Dive "shadowprey reel-in" + distant cloud simply to finish the job. We out jump them so there is no escape.

Cleric - Surviving vs an endgame cleric is a bit tricky as now they have morai skills that can hit you through your sleeping state and not wake you up. Once you get the cleric locked down they should be easy enough to dismantle.

Assassin - Being another dexterity LA means your damage by default vs. an Assassin is superior. When fighting an assassin that heavily relies upon sage tidal you have 2 choices. go blow for blow with your ant stun on and spam your CC skills until one hits "not recommended but possible", or kyte the tidal. I myself have killed many sins significantly higher geared than me just by waiting out their tidal and stun locking them to death. Most sins I've fought were on a higher level than I, the ones that I fought that were on the same gear level / spirit / cards were no contest even with stealth.

Psychic - be careful of their buffs they have in play. Antistun vs their soul of stunning and lock them to death. If you are silenced by their soul of stunning, depending on the power of your opponent now may be a good time for you to put your finger on the AD button. Otherwise I find they will go down faster than other casters if you don't get caught in their SEAL-Lock

Seeker - As their weakness is CC, you by default have a significant advantage when fighting a seeker. keep your eye on their defense level debuff combo they throw on you via QUID PRO QUO and ready yourself to throw it back at a moments notice. Unlock other classes when you copy a seekers skill and use it - it does not take 2 sparks. and you get a chi-gain of 10.

Mystic - Sleep and open with copying their skill as their best skill that keeps them alive long will suddenly become YOURS !!! BAM FALLING PETALS!!! With CC and well timed blinking movements mystics shouldn't even have the chance to 1 shot heal themselves to full health. As with a venomancer its even more important to destroy the mystic's pets as it can imbue them with some really dangerous adds. I tend to use slash of the pride while I'm in close and that aoe alone normally kills the pet.

Duskblade - Equal gear fights go similar to how assassins fights go. The first to get consecutive zerk crits will win. So paying attention to your opponents buffs and using your locks to counter are crucial. Even a much weaker duskblade can kill you if you allow them to perma stunlock you.

Stormbringer - when they put the movement debuff on you I've found utilizing stealth and standing still will normally work. In the times it doesn't don't be afraid to jump once with blinking movement to initiate a stunlock combo. Never stand in their constant AOE's and always keep an eye out for their clone. Due to game mechanics the clone will most likely hit you harder than the original does. So getting rid of that thing is priority. BUT if you have that damage dealing edge on the storm bringer you may want to tank through the clone and attack the caster as the death of the caster will unsummon the pet. Their biggest strength "running while casting" means nothing to a duskblade. Do not make a habit out of following them if your jumps are on cooldown as their moving while casting will hurt you here. If you can Be mindful of their movment debuff > Kill their pet > And stay out of their large flashy ZONE aoe's Then killing them should be like any other caster. This process is slightly complicated once they transform. I've always found if they transform you should as well to nerf their ranged damage and giving you a higher probability of a stunlock when getting in close > while they are transformed your goal is to stunlock them not kill as your damage is significantly reduced. Stormbringer with purify spell is a bit tougher to kill so time your blinking movements well and their biggest advantages will be nullified.

This is my experience so far. I will put a calc for my duskblade once the website for calc's are updated for this class.

Hope these tips help someone ;D

Sounds good, I think what I like most about playing the duskblade is the fact many were saying it's a garbage class and will do poorly in both PvE and PvP. I took one look at the skills and couldn't tell if they were using drugs or just a 'blind leading the blind moment'(assuming it's the latter).

Anyway all that aside the only class I find is a bit tricky to beat like you said is really only BMs and assassins and sometimes stormbringers. BMs can really destroy any class end game(except barbs really due to being able to camp solid shield) with that paralyze so it's really a matter of who times their combo best, and as for Assassins well......Tidal....Nothing more to say. Otherwise I am enjoying the duskblade class a lot and can only see them becoming even more fun to play when their skill set is fully released.

In all honesty to me Duskblades seem almost as broken as assassins but the only reason they aren't is because they don't have tidal protection(at least not a long lasting version assuming you went demon). Imagine whats going to happen when they can get full s3r9 and finishing cards and getting OP zerk crits on sage dragons trap then following it up with another multi hit skill with more zerk crits >->.
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i want to see some vids of those pvps.

perma stunlocking barbs till they are dead seems almost impossible to me for db
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options

Just curious, in what kind of setting did you come to this ?

From my exp till now, the odds are mainly determined by others not really understanding the duskblade yet. I really enjoy the class, mainly because it isn't a dice-roll OP class like sin. They have obvious weaknesses and from your description the main reason you rek all is because the others don't really know how to counter yet. The duskblade damage is not at the level that the target dies before they can react (like double spark from stealth). If they don't react, it's because they are all "omg, it's a paralyze, a paralyze, A PARALYZE !" freaking out and they don't even notice it's many short paralyzes instead of 1 very long.

Well, that's my exp till now. Many don't really know what to do and get rekt. Some do know what to do, don't let themselves stay locked and totally obliterate me because they outgear me by very far.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    iperen wrote: »

From my exp till now, the odds are mainly determined by others not really understanding the duskblade yet. I really enjoy the class, mainly because it isn't a dice-roll OP class like sin. They have obvious weaknesses and from your description the main reason you rek all is because the others don't really know how to counter yet. The duskblade damage is not at the level that the target dies before they can react (like double spark from stealth). If they don't react, it's because they are all "omg, it's a paralyze, a paralyze, A PARALYZE !" freaking out and they don't even notice it's many short paralyzes instead of 1 very long.

Well, that's my exp till now. Many don't really know what to do and get rekt. Some do know what to do, don't let themselves stay locked and totally obliterate me because they outgear me by very far.

But that's just it, paralyze is just ridiculously annoying to deal with. Why do you think Barbs or BMs for example have a MUCH easier time in 1v1 or mass PvP nowadays? Once you have blown your CDs it's really a matter of a well placed combo and the fight is over. In fact paralyze being added to the game in a way put even more pressure on your opponent to blow an important CD to stay in the fight which again sets them up for death even faster.

Now I am not saying everybody understands duskblades yet, but honestly on a small scale their combat strategy really isn't hard to understand for anyone who is experienced in PvP especially if they have been playing since paralyze was introduced. Again I think the main reason Duskblade has a very easy time steam rolling on a smaller scale is because of their ability to spam paralyze with very low chi cost(very similar to a barb) despite their seemingly meh damage.

Also you stated you get obliterated by people that outgear you once they evade your initial lock combo. Well that's PWI for you, this game is 90% gear 10% skill, if your gear or spirit is far below the person you are fighting all the skill in the world wont save you from getting 1 shot or steam rolled in the endb:surrender.

But continue to have fun b:victory.
  • Aziza_Atori - Archosaur
    Aziza_Atori - Archosaur Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I wondered what skill dusks could copy from mystics..I'll just use gaias blessing against you guys instead then..no petals for you :P
    Aziza_Atori: 102 sage mystic
    Aziza_Amina: currently fail 91 sage cleric
    And a lot of alts...
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I wondered what skill dusks could copy from mystics..I'll just use gaias blessing against you guys instead then..no petals for you :P

Unfortunately it gets copied regardless but it's ok use Gaia'sb:cute.

(trollface)
  • iperen
    edited February 2015
    Options
    But that's just it, paralyze is just ridiculously annoying to deal with. Why do you think Barbs or BMs for example have a MUCH easier time in 1v1 or mass PvP nowadays? Once you have blown your CDs it's really a matter of a well placed combo and the fight is over. In fact paralyze being added to the game in a way put even more pressure on your opponent to blow an important CD to stay in the fight which again sets them up for death even faster.

That is the main reason I ask what settings. Honestly, a multitude of short paralyzes is way less OP then long paralyze in mass pvp. A duskblade needs to stay alive, not cc'ed and on the target to keep them pinned a long time. In 1vs1 ... that's something I find boring anyway so idc much, but it's still way easier to break then long cc.

When you mention barb, you forget that the main reason that skill is considered OP is the class having it having very high survivability and wasn't really in need of upgrades. On BM I never heard that much complaints, as that class really needed an upgrade.

For now, I like the class because it has strong and weak points. I'm not a big fan of classes like sins and barbs that became just a dice-roll for victory (and yes, I did play them seriously). I like how they made the class, because it seems viable and not simply OP to attract people. I'll be the last to say the class is weak, but this thread can be found for any class honestly. With paralyzes of 1~3 seconds and pre-required skills, it's not all that hard to break. The last thing I'd like to see is a rush on this class to have it massively overplayed by idiots looking for easy kills.

EDIT : Note that on Morai even the 1shots got sos in TW.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Unfortunately it gets copied regardless but it's ok use Gaia'sb:cute.

(trollface)

I asked a friend and he said the only myst skill he can copy is petals.
    And a lot of alts...
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I asked a friend and he said the only myst skill he can copy is petals.

No I meant it will copy petals anyway regardless of if you use it or not,not that I can copy Gaia's lol.
    That is the main reason I ask what settings. Honestly, a multitude of short paralyzes is way less OP then long paralyze in mass pvp. A duskblade needs to stay alive, not cc'ed and on the target to keep them pinned a long time. In 1vs1 ... that's something I find boring anyway so idc much, but it's still way easier to break then long cc.

When you mention barb, you forget that the main reason that skill is considered OP is the class having it having very high survivability and wasn't really in need of upgrades. On BM I never heard that much complaints, as that class really needed an upgrade.

For now, I like the class because it has strong and weak points. I'm not a big fan of classes like sins and barbs that became just a dice-roll for victory (and yes, I did play them seriously). I like how they made the class, because it seems viable and not simply OP to attract people. I'll be the last to say the class is weak, but this thread can be found for any class honestly. With paralyzes of 1~3 seconds and pre-required skills, it's not all that hard to break. The last thing I'd like to see is a rush on this class to have it massively overplayed by idiots looking for easy kills.

EDIT : Note that on Morai even the 1shots got sos in TW.

No I get you but I am not debating with you that a duskblades CC is hard/easy to break. I am saying simply that paralyze in general changed the flow of a fight drastically. And Duskbaldes having the ability to short little spams of it makes it much more annoying to deal with. For example assuming you get past the opponents important CDs you have blinking moment which is usable at least 3 times in a single instance,dragons trap,grief etc etc you get the point. I am just saying it means now an opponent IN A 1v1 has to really act accordingly, in mass PVP obviously the dynamics of battle are different.

And personally BMs were always good but the thing is it was rare to see a pure STR axe build BM rolling in 1v1 or mass, just a bunch of BMs with claws. However even before s1 R9 was introduced a pure STR build BM with a GoF nirvana axe was OP but that was extremely rare to see. So no offense but any BM that thought BMs were bad and needed an upgrade either didn't PvP or enough or were just ****.

But that's not on topic sorry lol.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No I meant it will copy petals anyway regardless of if you use it or not,not that I can copy Gaia's lol.

Aww not fair D:
    And a lot of alts...
  • tek1nig
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sounds good, what is your current gear?

I will address a proper calc of my dusk once the calc site is updated for Duskblades, otherwise I am currently Full r9 2nd cast and just recently "yesterday" +5 my weapon and +3 my gear with mirages. My ornaments are +12 "all 3 counting the 2 necks" and Emperor's Tome.

It kind of died for me when I read that clones apparently deal more damage than the original. I had no idea he had a lvl 150 duskblade. Or it's just confusion in how the clone works. Either way, anything regarding SB is moot from lack of credible knowledge about even their most fundamental mechanics.

The mechanics are there for you to see and read, as well as 100% understanding of their workings. I play for real :). Also, their pet or "duplicate summon" has the power of a level 150 PET meaning it hits past the defenses of a "?"Monster and because of the calculations of the summon it also hits harder than moderately geared SB's.
    Sounds good, I think what I like most about playing the duskblade is the fact many were saying it's a garbage class and will do poorly in both PvE and PvP. I took one look at the skills and couldn't tell if they were using drugs or just a 'blind leading the blind moment'(assuming it's the latter).

Anyway all that aside the only class I find is a bit tricky to beat like you said is really only BMs and assassins and sometimes stormbringers. BMs can really destroy any class end game(except barbs really due to being able to camp solid shield) with that paralyze so it's really a matter of who times their combo best, and as for Assassins well......Tidal....Nothing more to say. Otherwise I am enjoying the duskblade class a lot and can only see them becoming even more fun to play when their skill set is fully released.

In all honesty to me Duskblades seem almost as broken as assassins but the only reason they aren't is because they don't have tidal protection(at least not a long lasting version assuming you went demon). Imagine whats going to happen when they can get full s3r9 and finishing cards and getting OP zerk crits on sage dragons trap then following it up with another multi hit skill with more zerk crits >->.

Hell YEAH BRO !!! Great minds think alike!
    i want to see some vids of those pvps.

perma stunlocking barbs till they are dead seems almost impossible to me for db

Yes but in the comparison you probably should fight barbs in your own Gear/Spirit / Cards / Rebirth level and then you can get an accurate comparison.

As my server is a PVP server "Harshlands" those who play to have fun and compete have already pretty much scanned the class and know what to look out for. But what is lovely about the duskblades is that we have the ability to interchange our approach to a stunlock by starting off with a stun / sleep or a paralyze to combat and counter antistun. With that in mind the scenario is highly dependant on your enemy. I find most opponents currently start off with an antistun vs my duskblade. If i'm able to paralyze them properly past their timelimit i just chain into my stunlock >:)) ALSO, as our zerk weapon r9 is just about the same damage as a seeker sword with the ability to hit as fast as an assassin should ensure damage to end the fight quickly. Yes it is true someone can waste their AD / Pots to help break the stunlock, But in the end it makes them that much easier to kill ones their protections are used up.

No mater what you use we will copy petals from you. Its a predetermined Copy Skill.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The mechanics are there for you to see and read, as well as 100% understanding of their workings. I play for real :). Also, their pet or "duplicate summon" has the power of a level 150 PET meaning it hits past the defenses of a "?"Monster and because of the calculations of the summon it also hits harder than moderately geared SB's.

Except that I've been a rb2 100 SB since less than 1 month after they were introduced; I know and have thought of many of their mechanics in the first 2 days, than I've ever needed to use in play. And I can already outplay my clone in damage because I know how, why, and where, it exceeds. Which means I already know where it will falter, which is why I've always noted it as more of a stun lock addition in regards to actual decent play, over additional damage against ? level mobs.

Which I've also noted; but again, since I have a clue, I also know where and when it will falter even in those instances. Which if you actually understood the SB 100% debuff, you would have noted. Or at least realized, the clone shines most against ? lvl mobs, and would have never brought up for damage in pvp situations. Which is why you failed to my minimum understanding requirements.
  • iperen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As my server is a PVP server "Harshlands" those who play to have fun and compete have already pretty much scanned the class and know what to look out for. But what is lovely about the duskblades is that we have the ability to interchange our approach to a stunlock by starting off with a stun / sleep or a paralyze to combat and counter antistun. With that in mind the scenario is highly dependant on your enemy. I find most opponents currently start off with an antistun vs my duskblade. If i'm able to paralyze them properly past their timelimit i just chain into my stunlock >:)) ALSO, as our zerk weapon r9 is just about the same damage as a seeker sword with the ability to hit as fast as an assassin should ensure damage to end the fight quickly. Yes it is true someone can waste their AD / Pots to help break the stunlock, But in the end it makes them that much easier to kill ones their protections are used up.

Let's put it like this, at some points I think "nice tip !", at some points I think "did he actually get past the point of skill reading". On many points it's over-excited biaised information that lacks insight of the class you're talking about. The poster above mentionned that. Same comment can be made about psychics part and barb part.

On scanning the class, my experience tells me otherwise. People "think" they know it all fast, but that's rarely true. Look at psychic release, look at sin release, look at seeker release, look at mystic. For all, this kind of thread popped up within a month and all turned out to be horribly biaised. Let's see in a year or more how much is actually correct.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And personally BMs were always good but the thing is it was rare to see a pure STR axe build BM rolling in 1v1 or mass, just a bunch of BMs with claws. However even before s1 R9 was introduced a pure STR build BM with a GoF nirvana axe was OP but that was extremely rare to see. So no offense but any BM that thought BMs were bad and needed an upgrade either didn't PvP or enough or were just ****.

Not entirely - a BM's weakness, especially a fist/claw one, has always been mobility. You got to be point blank with your target to engage it, there aren't too many ranged skills available. This makes it a problem for BMs to engage most ranged classes. A BM does become a force to be reckoned with once it's in melee range with something... STR axe is one thing, but a true multipath BM has an insane amount of options, and can therefor be tricky to play (people saying that the only way to go with BMs in PvP is axe are, in my opinion, underutilizing their class). I can see a skill like Flash oneshotting a Dusk that has managed to take some HPs out of the BM - if you got a decent sword.

A BM does have a nasty way to deal with some of the Dusks abilities: Lead with weapon throw to disarm the Dusk and, much like the seeker, it will disable a lot of the Dusks abilities temporarily, allowing the BM to close and start a stunlock. As a LA class a Dusk doesn't have high endurance, so once you got one locked down it shouldn't be hard to kill. And unlike those damned Sins, Duskies don't have tidal, so they'll be very susceptible to stuns and other forms of CC (Bolt of Thyrseus or the Farstrike immobilize could also be nasty on a Dusk trying to run out of range). I'd say a Faith genie would be almost a requirement for a Dusk in PvP as a result of this (since you have to deal with Stun, Sleep, Seal and Immobilize).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • tek1nig
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Except that I've been a rb2 100 SB since less than 1 month after they were introduced; I know and have thought of many of their mechanics in the first 2 days, than I've ever needed to use in play. And I can already outplay my clone in damage because I know how, why, and where, it exceeds. Which means I already know where it will falter, which is why I've always noted it as more of a stun lock addition in regards to actual decent play, over additional damage against ? level mobs.

Which I've also noted; but again, since I have a clue, I also know where and when it will falter even in those instances. Which if you actually understood the SB 100% debuff, you would have noted. Or at least realized, the clone shines most against ? lvl mobs, and would have never brought up for damage in pvp situations. Which is why you failed to my minimum understanding requirements.

Ahh I understand what you're saying now that you've clarified. But remember this is my experience of a duskblade vs a stormbringer. The full extent of that debuff combo is very nice and many stormbringers do use it on me. But what I find is 1 controlled stun or instant paralyze jump will counter act that combo with the small price of about 20% of my HP for that jump at max distance. Once the stun / paralyze hits I simply continue the already stated stunlock combo. The SB ofc can break free with AD / Pots but then they waste something that will have helped them survive once out of reaper form.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not entirely - a BM's weakness, especially a fist/claw one, has always been mobility. You got to be point blank with your target to engage it, there aren't too many ranged skills available. This makes it a problem for BMs to engage most ranged classes. A BM does become a force to be reckoned with once it's in melee range with something... STR axe is one thing, but a true multipath BM has an insane amount of options, and can therefor be tricky to play (people saying that the only way to go with BMs in PvP is axe are, in my opinion, underutilizing their class). I can see a skill like Flash oneshotting a Dusk that has managed to take some HPs out of the BM - if you got a decent sword.

A BM does have a nasty way to deal with some of the Dusks abilities: Lead with weapon throw to disarm the Dusk and, much like the seeker, it will disable a lot of the Dusks abilities temporarily, allowing the BM to close and start a stunlock. As a LA class a Dusk doesn't have high endurance, so once you got one locked down it shouldn't be hard to kill. And unlike those damned Sins, Duskies don't have tidal, so they'll be very susceptible to stuns and other forms of CC (Bolt of Thyrseus or the Farstrike immobilize could also be nasty on a Dusk trying to run out of range). I'd say a Faith genie would be almost a requirement for a Dusk in PvP as a result of this (since you have to deal with Stun, Sleep, Seal and Immobilize).

Dusk's don't have tidal "Yet" our level 11 skills for demon have tidal integrated while sage has "Focused Mind" integrated. Both at 30% which is more than enough to evade a stunlock Combo. Also, the stunlock has to be so precise its almost impracticle to think you'd forever CC a duskblade due to the fact that our sleep skill is instant channeling. This is how I break out of bm's stunlock when I'm stuck in one simply spam my sleep skill until that .5 of a second when the bm is channeling his next skill to stunlock.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lag is a factor - if the BM has already started channeling something, those skills channel so fast that they'll enter the cast phase before your sleep hits. So you end up with a sleepy BM and a stunned Dusk in that case.

Kinda wonder how much damage a fully geared (once R9.3 and whatnot comes out) dusk will do on a fully geared BM. The latter, if marrowing phys, will be at 95% phys dmg reduction... even if you end up stunlocking one... it'll take forever and a day to chew through the defense, especially if it's a full JOSD BM.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • nestorulloa
    nestorulloa Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i know im a bit dumb for asking this but, what does CC means? and wich combo of skills do you use to stunlock someone? i just started this class and im not familiar with these conceps :P
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i know im a bit dumb for asking this but, what does CC means? and wich combo of skills do you use to stunlock someone? i just started this class and im not familiar with these conceps :P

In this thread, CC stands for Crowd Control- skills that apply a movement debuff or prevents target from using skills.
  • tek1nig
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lag is a factor - if the BM has already started channeling something, those skills channel so fast that they'll enter the cast phase before your sleep hits. So you end up with a sleepy BM and a stunned Dusk in that case.

Kinda wonder how much damage a fully geared (once R9.3 and whatnot comes out) dusk will do on a fully geared BM. The latter, if marrowing phys, will be at 95% phys dmg reduction... even if you end up stunlocking one... it'll take forever and a day to chew through the defense, especially if it's a full JOSD BM.

Well on my assassin as a pure I'm able to cut through bm's. Jades Bm's take less effort than most because of my deity build which counteracts their sharding, I plan to go Deity on my duskblade as well. But yes I've had the stun / sleep thing happen simultaneously but the moment we are both released I'm always able to get the next status off before the bm. East Coast FTW.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• tek1nig
    edited March 2015
    Options

CC is an acronym for Crowd Control. But on these forums its also been used interchangeably to refer to a classes ability to CONTROL their opponent "singular". For now I suggest you read through the skills and familiarize yourself with them. I'm not sure if any pvp video's for duskblades exist yet but i'll be making plenty once everything is released. As a matter of fact i'll make some sooner than that to showcase what duskblades are capable of currently.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• nestorulloa
    nestorulloa Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options
    CC is an acronym for Crowd Control. But on these forums its also been used interchangeably to refer to a classes ability to CONTROL their opponent "singular". For now I suggest you read through the skills and familiarize yourself with them. I'm not sure if any pvp video's for duskblades exist yet but i'll be making plenty once everything is released. As a matter of fact i'll make some sooner than that to showcase what duskblades are capable of currently.

Thanks for the reply, and im looking foward to see that video (:
  • tek1nig
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Updated experiences per class and I also am still waiting on the website to give me a proper calculator to share my stats. I have a few video's up on my channel already of the things I've been able to do on my duskblade :D
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• dimaborisov05
    dimaborisov05 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Updated experiences per class and I also am still waiting on the website to give me a proper calculator to share my stats. I have a few video's up on my channel already of the things I've been able to do on my duskblade :D

Mercilios
    who will win in PvP between: Sb vs Db ?
  • dimaborisov05
    dimaborisov05 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bd r8r2 aspd i think
    http://mypers.pw/1.8/#135103
    2х-0,05
    Light armor
    Light footwear