Elder Tortoise 2-shots me...

Options
kovik
kovik Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm playing a full MAG Wizard. I'm level 38 and still can't do the Monster Spirit Orb quest. The Elder Tortoise instantly two-shots me before I can even do two casts. Everything I've Google keeps claiming it can be solo'd and even when asking for help in-game, rather than assisting me, I was just told that it's soloable without any responses to my follow-up questions.

How the hell do you solo this on anything other than a Veno or a tank class?
Post edited by kovik on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Use physical necklace and belt. PM people in archosaur if they would like to buff you (you need cleric buffs, barb buff, and bm buff) and use your stone barrier skill before going to the boss. This should increase your physical defense a lot, and shouldnt be a 2-shot then. You should get free HP charms too that will help a lot when trying to kill the elder tortoise. If you still taking too much damage and your culti is up to date, you can use distance shrink to get some distance from elder tortoise, a few seconds that should make your hp cooldown go off in time. You can also use hailstorm if you can channel it in time before the boss gets to you, it has a chance to freeze for some seconds so it cant hit you.

If you still have trouble killing it, you can try ask ingame again. Just mention that you are new to the game, they may have thought you were on 2nd rebirth as he is required for the questchain for rb2, and he is an absolute 1-shot at that point.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kite it. Start at max range for Gush, and cast Gush when it's off cooldown as you swim away. Gush has a high likelyhood of slowing the target, giving you more time to kill it as it approaches you, and swimming away gives more time as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Irda - Raging Tide
    Irda - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They change it and now the tortoise is an elite mob with 90k HP and is very hard to kill if you are not heavy armor. If you cant find help skip the quest, you have lots of quests at that level range to do.
    Good luck!
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Actually yes, they've changed it and it's much harder for lower levels to kill than we, old farts of pwi, remember from years ago. I noticed that when I rolled my sb, went to kill it, expecting to faceroll it since i had freebie charm on, didn't even try to kite it and after few hits I was kissing the ground. Killing it required quite some kiting and charm ticks. b:laugh
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer