Are there any restrictions on Absence notes?

Burnificator - Archosaur
Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I have a toon that has one missing day, and a freebie Absence note from a code (a while ago). Today I tried using it up on that missing day and it doesn't work.

* I've relogged a few times

* The note is in the first slot of my inventory

* The "fill check" button is active but does nothing

* I have free quest/inventory slots

Am I missing something? I really just want the A pack ._.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
Post edited by Burnificator - Archosaur on

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Doing a quick forums search can provide you with answers to this...rather then making an entirely new thread about it. There are many bugs involved with it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Well, that's very nice. I specifically did some searching, to see if I could solve it without posting here, and also to avoid an army of posters telling me to use the search with a foaming mouth.

Neither of the suggestions did the trick there, so should I just like send a ticket? Or just wait for someone helpful to post in this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Well, that's very nice. I specifically did some searching, to see if I could solve it without posting here, and also to avoid an army of posters telling me to use the search with a foaming mouth.

Neither of the suggestions did the trick there, so should I just like send a ticket? Or just wait for someone helpful to post in this thread?

try using it before u actually check in the next day...although tomorrow will be too late. You can try support but that will probably be about as effective as throwing your computer out the window.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
    edited February 2015
    try using it before u actually check in the next day...although tomorrow will be too late. You can try support but that will probably be about as effective as throwing your computer out the window.

Actually, since I've had 2 toons with the problem, and I expected some weird stuff to happen, I tested another toon first (don't care for it much as it has like 3 A cards already). No dice. So yeah, to support with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    Actually, since I've had 2 toons with the problem, and I expected some weird stuff to happen, I tested another toon first (don't care for it much as it has like 3 A cards already). No dice. So yeah, to support with me.

Good luck....just try not to bash your head on a wall in frustration when they respond with their stupid generic responses.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Good luck....just try not to bash your head on a wall in frustration when they respond with their stupid generic responses.

Don't worry... I've arranged for one of the walls in my place to be padded with a soft material for head bashing purposes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Actually, I let my wife log him in, she clicked Fill Check and it worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually, I let my wife log him in, she clicked Fill Check and it worked.

Actually I've made exact the same thread here like a week ago - search should've picked it up pretty easily.

Anyway, there seems to be no confirmed workaround on this - nothing that was suggested to me have worked. I just kept opening calendar and spam clicking "fill check" from time to time, and it worked. Took me a day or two though.

I've also submitted a ticket about that and the response was "could you please send us a screenshot with your issue?" - can't add anything to that, can you? b:laugh
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh boy, the community is so obsessed with telling people to use the search function instead of providing help these days
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Oh boy, the community is so obsessed with telling people to use the search function instead of providing help these days

Because the same threads are being made over and over again. And while people could find the answer they're looking for by going to page 2 or 3 on the thread list, they're making a new thread, cluttering the forum with duplicate threads.
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015

And you are helping him how? LOL
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And you are helping him how? LOL

Couse i simply do not know the solution to his problem
    edited March 2015
    Couse i simply do not know the solution to his problem

My testing has shown killing Arc helps.

Also, by the time the thread is made, the "damages" have already occurred, so it is pretty pointless to clutter the threads with duplicate posts. I probably missed the most recent thread, and solved the problem myself on accident. There's also the issue of "necro" threads, make a new thread? > it's a duplicate : post in an existing thread? > it's a necro (in most cases).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ltea wrote: »
    Because the same threads are being made over and over again. And while people could find the answer they're looking for by going to page 2 or 3 on the thread list, they're making a new thread, cluttering the forum with duplicate threads.
    IMO, it would be better to make 1 FAQ thread and add most popular question there and delete duplicate topics, or create one thread with quick questions and answers and delete those topics of 1 question, but it would require efforts of way more than 2 mods. But in fact it's not always easy to find what you want quickly here, sometimes you just come across only same questions as yours while searching. Depends on the key words and your game experience to reformulate your request correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • ltea
    edited March 2015
    My testing has shown killing Arc helps.

Nope. I never run Arc - have it bypassed, and it didn't help with the abs.note issue.
    But Arc OS overlay seems like a nasty and useless thing - I'd recommend not running Arc along with the game.
    edited March 2015
    ltea wrote: »
    Nope. I never run Arc - have it bypassed, and it didn't help with the abs.note issue.
    But Arc OS overlay seems like a nasty and useless thing - I'd recommend not running Arc along with the game.

To be honest, running

taskkill /F /IM Arc*

killed 1 Arc.exe and 4(!) ArcOSBrowser.exe. It's almost like a virus...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Its because the people here are people who want to bash others, not the kind that want to actually provide help. If they were and it was so easy to search they could very easily have given a link to the thread with the answer. b:surrender
  • war34child
    war34child Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @use search function
    Even when google has become worse in last ~6 years, using google/ixquick gives you normally way better search results than the crappy search function of this forum.

Just google
    inurl:pwdatabse or
    inurl: pwi-forum.perfectword.com
    +
    keywords

normally 1st hit is best
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a toon that has one missing day, and a freebie Absence note from a code (a while ago). Today I tried using it up on that missing day and it doesn't work.

* I've relogged a few times

* The note is in the first slot of my inventory

* The "fill check" button is active but does nothing

* I have free quest/inventory slots

Am I missing something? I really just want the A pack ._.

- Have the Absence Note in inventory
    - Don't be shapeshifted or in combat state
    - Don't have the inventory lock timer (1 minute from logging on to the account)
    - Stand in the main gameworld. It won't work in some instances, including Realm of Reflection I believe.
    - Click on "Fill Check"
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited March 2015
    - Have the Absence Note in inventory
    - Don't be shapeshifted or in combat state
    - Don't have the inventory lock timer (1 minute from logging on to the account)
    - Stand in the main gameworld. It won't work in some instances, including Realm of Reflection I believe.
    - Click on "Fill Check"

I had all these, too. However, we both missed one that was critical:

- Don't have Arc running

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xpookyx
    xpookyx Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just stay logged for a few hours. then try again. It worked for me.