ELI5 Help Required..

MarcA - Harshlands
MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Pretty much i need a quick ELI5 of everything i need to do in game to be competitive again after not having played this game in 4~ years.

I have a wizard decked out in all Nirvana gear and a r9 ring and weapon i believe. Not only as far as gear is concerned though, I am hearing there is new skills available aswell?
"Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
-Margaret Laurence
Post edited by MarcA - Harshlands on

Comments

• ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pretty much i need a quick ELI5 of everything i need to do in game to be competitive again after not having played this game in 4~ years.

I have a wizard decked out in all Nirvana gear and a r9 ring and weapon i believe. Not only as far as gear is concerned though, I am hearing there is new skills available aswell?

- Reawaken 2 times
    - get your r9rr gear, or upgrade your nirvy gear to g16 at least
    - start working on your morai and primal skills, especially primal passives

That should be enough for starters, you'll figure the rest as you go.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ltea wrote: »
    - Reawaken 2 times
    - get your r9rr gear, or upgrade your nirvy gear to g16 at least
    - start working on your morai and primal skills, especially primal passives

That should be enough for starters, you'll figure the rest as you go.

without months of card farming or billions spent theres no chance to be really competative atm imo
    and doing arcane mirage and astral sky lvls to 10 will take a lot of time or a huge waste of gold to make it go faster

spend 500gold+ to lvl up primal astral/mirage/sky lvls faster to catch up, or take some months, and ofc do all the dailies

so: take advatnage of every card code, FSP as much as possible after rewakening, buy a ton of card chests, once get any decent cards buy a ton of c packs from players

to be competative youll need to hit 105, rewaken, hit 105 again, then reawaken again and hit 105 again, youll have 152? stat points more, if ya quit at 105 non reakwned (the last 101-105 will give the least stats normal 5 per, and wont be as important as those historic ones

overall read some guidess lot of work ahead, in guides are a lot more details and some shortcuts
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    to be competative youll need to hit 105, rewaken, hit 105 again, then reawaken again and hit 105 again, youll have 152? stat points more, if ya quit at 105 non reakwned (the last 101-105 will give the least stats normal 5 per, and wont be as important as those historic ones

Don't mislead people with your personal lack of knowledge.
    You can reach 105/105/105 in any order you prefer, i.e. first reaching all 100's, then all 101's, etc. - my personal preference. You can go for 100/100/105 first to get stealth, detection, minor stat bonuses faster, or 105/100/100 first to get more stat points. Any way you do this, you'll end up at the same 105x3 with exactly same stats.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gear: There are two recasts to rank 9, the first requires large amounts of cannies and raps (which are very cheap now). The second requires farming "badges" from warsong or lunar and getting specific mold drops for each piece. Nirvana gear has a similar recast to "grade 16". It's about as good as old rank 9 but paper compared to second recast rank 9. There's no fast way to get badges and molds except doing Warsong over and over, but the other stuff can by bypassed by spending money ingame.

Cards: War Avatar cards are a secondary form of stat boosts that can be equipped regardless of what gear you are using. S cards are stronger than A cards, which are stronger than B and C. You cannot acquire large amounts of S cards without cashshopping. A cards are fairly easy to acquire by doing the instance "Flowsilver Palace" daily. But there are set bonuses to having specific cards. Acquiring a set of As will take a long time ingame or spending huge amounts of coins to buy the materials from other players.

Reawakening: As others have mentioned above, you can relevel your character two additional times. Getting back from 1-100 is quite quick due to xp bonuses, but 100-105 will take a lot of spamming of "Phoenix Valley" instance. FCC is no longer viable as an xp dungeon since hypers are disabled there.

Spirit: A new stat gotten mainly from cards and improving your "boundary" level after reawakening. Easiest way to think of it is that 10 spirit is the same as 1 attack level and 1 defense level for pvp (and .4 of both for pve).

Skills: There are many new skills and upgrades since you last played. The Morai skills require farming or buying from the nightly boutique. I think most of the wizard ones are considered to be lackluster except Arcane Defense and Ice Prison (may have the names wrong). Primal skills can be acquired after reawakening, and require an item called Primordial Blood to learn. Blood is earned from doing monotonous dailies. The most important one for wizards is the upgraded water shield, which gives you massive chi regen.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't mislead people with your personal lack of knowledge.
    You can reach 105/105/105 in any order you prefer, i.e. first reaching all 100's, then all 101's, etc. - my personal preference. You can go for 100/100/105 first to get stealth, detection, minor stat bonuses faster, or 105/100/100 first to get more stat points. Any way you do this, you'll end up at the same 105x3 with exactly same stats.

I recall someone saying that if you do 100/100/105 (reawaken twice at 100 then level to 105) you will stop gaining any EXP whatsoever and miss out on the remaining stat points. Might've been wrong/fixed by now, though.

Also, in terms of fastest possible gain in the beginning, I think it's better to be 100/100/100,

then edit the first 100 to 101, then the second one, then gain 101 on your current, then repeat for 102 and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hit 101/101/101 on all three will only take a few days with a good amount of pv runs + shroud token. Then 103 on current for damage reduction/hitting full damage on 105x3 peeps. Then go back and edit both historical levels to 105 for stat points and stealth detection. Or that's how I'd do it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I recall someone saying that if you do 100/100/105 (reawaken twice at 100 then level to 105) you will stop gaining any EXP whatsoever and miss out on the remaining stat points. Might've been wrong/fixed by now, though.
    There is different info on this. It probably has been fixed on some servers and hasn't been on others. But lvling historical to 105 first is better stats wise, stealth wise, etc wise. Current one can be 103 to do full damage on 105 players.There is no single reason to get 105 current before historical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • ltea
    edited March 2015
    There is different info on this. It probably has been fixed on some servers and hasn't been on others. But lvling historical to 105 first is better stats wise, stealth wise, etc wise. Current one can be 103 to do full damage on 105 players.There is no single reason to get 105 current before historical.

I'm pretty sure current lvl affects stealth/detection, not historical, no?
    Imho, Eoria's suggestion is the best - get current to 103, then historicals to 105.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm pretty sure current lvl affects stealth/detection, not historical, no?
    Imho, Eoria's suggestion is the best - get current to 103, then historicals to 105.
    Historical lvl affects stealth/detection. I could see 105 sins with Revelation pots just fine while I was lower than 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊