Vit build Stormbringers

aburiidah
aburiidah Posts: 23 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Stormbringer
Any Stormbringers going pure vit (enough magic for weapon and armour) with vit stones sharded on armour? If so why and What are the benefits?
Post edited by aburiidah on

Comments

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the options available for current endgame, vit build stormbringer really isnt a viable option. You get so much more HP by refining than you ever would by adding vit.

I tested on mypers using a wizard's set since it doesnt have sb r9r3 for this so some numbers will vary slightly. I'm going to consider for endgame so candleflame cards, +12, stones, nw gear, 105/105/105, jades/deities

Pure magic (3 vit, 679 magic)
    HP: 24.5k
    Magic attack: 50.3-53.7k
    Physical defense: 31.3k
    Magical resistance: 48.5k
    Effective HP versus physical: 121k
    Effective HP versus magical: 160k

Pure vit (592 vit, 90 magic)
    HP: 32.8k
    Magic attack: 23.1k-24.6k
    Physical defense: 36k
    Magical resistance: 45.4k
    Effective HP versus physical: 180k (~1.5x increase)
    Effective HP versus magical: 204k (~1.25 increase)

Damage testing against the same target, switching between the two builds changed damage output by a factor of 1.6-1.8, depending on the skill.

In my opinion, the only caster who would gain much by going vit build for endgame is a very devoted catapult cleric.

However, if you're just leveling and haven't rebirthed yet, vit build might be a good way to give yourself some more survivability. However, expect to take an even longer time to kill things. As a stormbringer, your ability to move and cast should keep you alive in most PVE situations you'll experience early on, and should make this build less necessary than other classes may have found.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sb is a dd. Should be pure mag.

The only AA class that should be pure vit at end-game is veno. Cleric can be partial vit, but not pure due to plume shell. And ofc, you'll want jades regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MagicSkry - Morai
    MagicSkry - Morai Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why don't you try a LA build, if you want to be more tanky? LA is accepted in arcanes. With demon path, def lv buff, hp sucking searing moonlight and crit bonuses make a lot advantages. and not too many mag point will lost with that 1str1dex3mag!
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why don't you try a LA build, if you want to be more tanky? LA is accepted in arcanes. With demon path, def lv buff, hp sucking searing moonlight and crit bonuses make a lot advantages. and not too many mag point will lost with that 1str1dex3mag!

149 magic points is a lotb:shocked
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    LA build only was viable in the past because tt70 was endgame, or at least midgame. Even when LA was a thing, lots of people restatted back to magic at tt90 (at least on sanctuary, I can't speak for other servers). LA requires an entirely new set of gear and a lot of the gear add's you get would be redundant. Endgame gear (r9r3), mid game gear (g16), and even to a lesser extent morai gear have made alternate builds really irrelevant for exclusively dd classes.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes