So I know I'm weak but O M G

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
I was using my sin in tw last night and usually I'm the scout cause I'm so weak .....

Anyway I come up to this barb, lets call him Thunder.....

I have Netherworld Guidance +10

I triple spark and let forth with all my FURY

....and was hitting him for 25 - 35......not K.....just 25 to 35.....

I wont even say what their players were hitting me for omg, sometimes it just said....."You were killed by....." without even putting a damage amount because it was so high.....

b:cryb:cryb:cry
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I guess your spirit is low if you're reawakened at all.
    I'm a 1-shot myself, but non-rb sin could aps me all day long and I'd 1-shot him for a terrible amount of damage.
    OP, get your spirit up and you'll see the difference.
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    +10 daggers don't mean anything.

If you are:
    -An assassin
    -traditional APS
    -non rb
    -Not +12
    -Have crappy cards
    -not atk sharded
    -Demon on top of that.

I'm sorry but your damage is GOING to be low in pvp. Sins have the lowest physical attack of all classes. We NEED attack levels in the current end game to do damage, why do you think so many sins go Deity compared to other classes?

And on top of that your toon is probably non-rb, vs a barb? And you expect your damage to be high?

b:laughMany keks.

P.S. Triple sparking in mass pvp is like sending out a beacon for everyone and their mother to attack you, especially on a sin. Learn to double spark> condensed thorn>subsea>windsheild.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Trip spark, barb sees, hits invoke. Likely a big part of why your damage was so low. You're not supposed to attack a barb in invoke, they just use anyone dumb enough to do that to build chi to max and then stomp whoever is doing it.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    still, x10 makes it 250-350, that aint gonna hurt a barb either even at 5aps.

Yup its the total of all things. Attack levels, spirit, extra bonusses from engraves refines etc etc
    you need end game gear to kill an end game barb. :(
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Trip spark, barb sees, hits invoke. Likely a big part of why your damage was so low. You're not supposed to attack a barb in invoke, they just use anyone dumb enough to do that to build chi to max and then stomp whoever is doing it.

Exception: Attacking with purge weapon. If purge hits while barb is in invoke, he's gonna be in a world of hurt. No buffs and invoke on CD...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Exception: Attacking with purge weapon. If purge hits while barb is in invoke, he's gonna be in a world of hurt. No buffs and invoke on CD...

You cant purge invoke, buffs yes, but not invoke itself. They can just rebuff after purge if their invoke is up and in case of catabarbs they will be getting other buffs too extremely quickly hence just purging them wont do much. Its like BM HFing when nobody is around to follow, flashy but mostly pointless in the end.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm sorry but your damage is GOING to be low in pvp. Sins have the lowest physical attack of all classes ...

Lowest physical attack of all classes have Arcane classes.

But if you think otherwise, we can exchange.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Awwdamn, there goes my plan for making an APS wizard... b:surrender
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Invoke cant be purged
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Still wrong. Only wizzies, psys, mystics, AA-venos and clerics have lower phys. attack than sins.

Properly built HA-venos have higher phys. attack than sins(and if wearing AA-gear set sage HA-venos also have higher mag. attack sparked compared to any other class, excluding sage full magic venos). Though it requires quite specific gears.

If you lack spirit and passives, you better not bother dreaming about doing high damage. Equal-geared 2nd-RB'd enemy with 600 moar spirit and maxed passives against non-RB'd has about 250% advantage(in other words, 3,5x as strong as non-RB'd in PVP).

Especially skilled cata-barbs (with leveled passives and high spirit) are pretty much impossible for any sin to solo due to their massive defences, high HP that makes bypassing charms difficult and their survival skill-rotations. Even without primal stoofs it's hard for even r9rr+12 sins to solo-kill a 30k+ HP cata-barb.

Some weeks ago Kitty went to NW on her 29k HP sage vit. barb that was 1st-RB at the time. When r9rr+12 sins attempted to solo-kill Kitty by stun-lock and skill damage, they couldn't really bypass Kitty's charm unless they caught Kitty totally off-guard as Kitty had AD, Solid Shield, ToP, Fortify and Cloud Eruption in her genie, not to mention Cornered Beast on most of battle-time and Dews/Pan Gu Essences ready for use.

So, if they tried to stun-lock, Kitty just used Fortify and took some distance. If they tried to APS Kitty down, Kitty used Invoke+Bestial Rage to use them as free chi sources instead and soon Kitty had enough chi for sage spark which Kitty combined with Solid Shield for pseudo-Invoke. So, it usually required 2 such sins to make Kitty take a nap.b:bye

An example of how much of a game-changer spirit and passives are

Today Kitty compared damage between her non-RB'd full nirvy-T3 HA-veno(with B-cards) and a certain 2nd-RB'd r9r-weaponed Nirvy-T3 duskblade(with A-cards).

Though Kitty doesn't know exact stats of that DB, Kitty can estimate that his phys. base damage was about equal of Kitty's due to his lower weapon refine but dex. build. Attack and defence levels were pretty much equal. He has leveled passives and about 600 spirit higher than Kitty if Kitty knows right.

Soo, calculating with those in mind we know that he took only 62,5% of damage he would have taken without spirit and he dealt 60% extra damage on Kitty, thus from spirit he had 1,6/0,625=2,56 x advantage in damage from spirit alone.

He had cleric's and BM's def. boofs and leveled passives while Kitty had just her sage fox form so buffwise we were equal. But due to his very high-refined ornaments he had slightly higher p. def. than Kitty.

Soo, using auto-attacks Kitty hit about 500 damage on him while he hit Kitty for about 2k damage. From his skills Kitty took about 2,4-2,5k damage, thanks to his skill damage-passive.b:sad

Tl;dr. Get r9rr+12 gears, high spirit, max'xed passives and A-cards to find out you probably can't solo a catabarb on sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Obviously, arcane classes were meant to use up close physical attacks, everyone else has played their arcane toons incorrectly up until this post, thank you for the clarification.

Seriously though, I get your need for being precise but this is just nitpicking b:scorn
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Invoke cant be purged

Kitty will give 10 points and an image of a parrot for anyone who can first give a complete, correct answer to question:
    Why Invoke(as well as Solid Shield) can't be purged?b:cute

(Hint: You can find the answer by reading barb's and veno's skill descriptions and thinking a very very little bit.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Obviously, arcane classes were meant to use up close physical attacks, everyone else has played their arcane toons incorrectly up until this post, thank you for the clarification.

Seriously though, I get your need for being precise but this is just nitpicking b:scorn

In every game dagger hit less, but it is faster, club hit more, but it is slow, sword cutting sharp, but it is less fast, than dagger, two-handed weapon smash and crash enemies, but it is too slow.

Use other weapon to increase your physical attack.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options

Still wrong. Only wizzies, psys, mystics, AA-venos and clerics have lower phys. attack than sins.

Properly built HA-venos have higher phys. attack than sins(and if wearing AA-gear set sage HA-venos also have higher mag. attack sparked compared to any other class, excluding sage full magic venos). Though it requires quite specific gears.

If you lack spirit and passives, you better not bother dreaming about doing high damage. Equal-geared 2nd-RB'd enemy with 600 moar spirit and maxed passives against non-RB'd has about 250% advantage(in other words, 3,5x as strong as non-RB'd in PVP).

Especially skilled cata-barbs (with leveled passives and high spirit) are pretty much impossible for any sin to solo due to their massive defences, high HP that makes bypassing charms difficult and their survival skill-rotations. Even without primal stoofs it's hard for even r9rr+12 sins to solo-kill a 30k+ HP cata-barb.

Some weeks ago Kitty went to NW on her 29k HP sage vit. barb that was 1st-RB at the time. When r9rr+12 sins attempted to solo-kill Kitty by stun-lock and skill damage, they couldn't really bypass Kitty's charm unless they caught Kitty totally off-guard as Kitty had AD, Solid Shield, ToP, Fortify and Cloud Eruption in her genie, not to mention Cornered Beast on most of battle-time and Dews/Pan Gu Essences ready for use.

So, if they tried to stun-lock, Kitty just used Fortify and took some distance. If they tried to APS Kitty down, Kitty used Invoke+Bestial Rage to use them as free chi sources instead and soon Kitty had enough chi for sage spark which Kitty combined with Solid Shield for pseudo-Invoke. So, it usually required 2 such sins to make Kitty take a nap.b:bye

Today Kitty compared damage between her non-RB'd full nirvy-T3 HA-veno(with B-cards) and a certain 2nd-RB'd r9r-weaponed Nirvy-T3 duskblade(with A-cards).

Though Kitty doesn't know exact stats of that DB, Kitty can estimate that his phys. base damage was about equal of Kitty's due to his lower weapon refine but dex. build. Attack and defence levels were pretty much equal. He has leveled passives and about 600 spirit higher than Kitty if Kitty knows right.

Soo, calculating with those in mind we know that he took only 62,5% of damage he would have taken without spirit and he dealt 60% extra damage on Kitty, thus from spirit he had 1,6/0,625=2,56 x advantage in damage from spirit alone.

He had cleric's and BM's def. boofs and leveled passives while Kitty had just her sage fox form so buffwise we were equal. But due to his very high-refined ornaments he had slightly higher p. def. than Kitty.

Soo, using auto-attacks Kitty hit about 500 damage on him while he hit Kitty for about 2k damage. From his skills Kitty took about 2,4-2,5k damage, thanks to his skill damage-passive.b:sad

Tl;dr. Get r9rr+12 gears, high spirit, max'xed passives and A-cards to find out you probably can't solo a catabarb on sin.

I call this bs, a r9rr sin can easely hit your first rb barb for 7k+. You would not even be a challenge
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Options

...An example of how much of a game-changer spirit and passives are

Yeah, As a cleric I was comparing myself to a similarly geared BM the other day. My stats were about 4x higher than theirs on both defense and attack. It would be a real pleasure to run into them in TW sometime. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

I believe the point is that out of all "Melee Classes" Assassins have the lowest physical attack damage on their weapon by far.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    I believe the point is that out of all "Melee Classes" Assassins have the lowest physical attack damage on their weapon by far.

I know, but they have least weapon interval (except fists) of their daggers according Interval Gears Guide.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know, but they have least weapon interval (except fists) of their daggers according Interval Gears Guide.

Which is nowadays a non-factor in this non-discussion. PvP is all about skill attacks now and auto attack is dead. Who wants to be apsing in squichy gear when you can be casting elimination in full R9 ?

APS is gone, now sins have the lowest dmg damage weapon with the highest crit rate and the most OP skills. No use lifting one aspect out of the whole picture and certainly no use making a point about casters physical dmg.

it started with this comment as an explanation for the tiny damage OP did on the barb.
    I'm sorry but your damage is GOING to be low in pvp. Sins have the lowest physical attack of all classes ...

Well, my answer is, as indicated above, the low weapon dmg is just one factor and thus kind of irrelevant. Im pretty sure i have had sins do about 10k dmg on my with their elimination skill. (dont know about buffs or debuffs and their gear, just suffice to say that well geared sins have no problem getting trough my 40k HPs under the right circumstances.)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Which is nowadays a non-factor in this non-discussion. PvP is all about skill attacks now and auto attack is dead. Who wants to be apsing in squichy gear when you can be casting elimination in full R9 ?

APS is gone, now sins have the lowest dmg damage weapon with the highest crit rate and the most OP skills. No use lifting one aspect out of the whole picture and certainly no use making a point about casters physical dmg.

it started with this comment as an explanation for the tiny damage OP did on the barb.

Well, my answer is, as indicated above, the low weapon dmg is just one factor and thus kind of irrelevant. Im pretty sure i have had sins do about 10k dmg on my with their elimination skill. (dont know about buffs or debuffs and their gear, just suffice to say that well geared sins have no problem getting trough my 40k HPs under the right circumstances.)

There are many factors its true, but to say weapon damage is irrelevant in answering the OP's question is far from helpful as weapon damage determines your overall damage output.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Looks like you people seem to forget sins wolf emblem and attack level buff. endgame sin pretty much crits the whole time as well
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was using my sin in tw last night and usually I'm the scout cause I'm so weak .....

Anyway I come up to this barb, lets call him Thunder.....

I have Netherworld Guidance +10

I triple spark and let forth with all my FURY

....and was hitting him for 25 - 35......not K.....just 25 to 35.....

I wont even say what their players were hitting me for omg, sometimes it just said....."You were killed by....." without even putting a damage amount because it was so high.....

b:cryb:cryb:cry

- Completely possible. The game has changed a lot.
    - Could be 105x3 giving him max stats.
    - Which could be used to be pure STR with p.def ornaments putting his p.def over 60/70k.
    - Could have insane cards also boosting defense and spirit. Spirit difference is a pretty large factor.
    - Could also be full JOSD.
    - Probably fully buffed.
    - He could have invoked, maybe you didn't have effects on and didn't see the skill cast.

I mean, you have to really look all that the differences that "could be" between you and him to really understand why your damage was what it was.

I would recommend taking an "Eye of Observation" to him and gear difference him.
    ***Make sure you both have similar buff, so then you can take that difference out.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pretty sure I know which barb is being talked about and this is basically just a case of op being severely undergeared seeing as how I hit that barb for 15k-20ks really easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Pretty sure I know which barb is being talked about and this is basically just a case of op being severely undergeared seeing as how I hit that barb for 15k-20ks really easily.

....dam, I'd hate to see what you hit me for - probably 200k b:chuckle

....I wonder how many others are out there like me who have chars with 300million worth of gear on being described as 'severely undergeared' b:cry (I know its true btw....dam my alt-aholicism)
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kitty will give 10 points and an image of a parrot for anyone who can first give a complete, correct answer to question:
    Why Invoke(as well as Solid Shield) can't be purged?b:cute

(Hint: You can find the answer by reading barb's and veno's skill descriptions and thinking a very very little bit.)

My assumption was because it doesn't count as a positive buff do to the speed reduction. Correct me if I'm wrong. b:laugh
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If a sin likes aps so much and gear up based on aps with rr8 armor or TT99 and r9.3 dagger with deity/dot shards depending on gear grades. If he waits until a target's genie/apoth have been used then he triple sparks from afar and just aps, do you think you guys' characters can tank the damage coming from this 'endgame' aps sin ?
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My assumption was because it doesn't count as a positive buff do to the speed reduction. Correct me if I'm wrong. b:laugh

Correct. That speed reduction makes it a neutral buff and purge only takes positive buffs away.

SweetieBot, give 10 points to teikiatsu11 for correct answer.

SweetieBot, " show me " a parrot 'cause you weren't programmed to show it for others that who asked you to show something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    - Completely possible. The game has changed a lot.
    - Could be 105x3 giving him max stats.
    - Which could be used to be pure STR with p.def ornaments putting his p.def over 60/70k.
    - Could have insane cards also boosting defense and spirit. Spirit difference is a pretty large factor.
    - Could also be full JOSD.
    - Probably fully buffed.
    - He could have invoked, maybe you didn't have effects on and didn't see the skill cast.

I mean, you have to really look all that the differences that "could be" between you and him to really understand why your damage was what it was.

I would recommend taking an "Eye of Observation" to him and gear difference him.
    ***Make sure you both have similar buff, so then you can take that difference out.

This is a very accurate answer.

One thing that I notice is that the boost that those end game cards give is insane.

As example of this: I have a full rrr9 veno +10, 2nd reborn with all primal passives maxed, nuemas are something like: 5/5/6/5/4/4. The cards on the other hand are A but not reborn and not even maxed (the cards are level 20 or something like that).

Every time I go to Tw or NW and face an end game player, I hit those people for damage ranging between 600 to 2000. If the enemy is purged and or debuffed I hit them for something like 1000 to 4000. Also those people always have a lot of HP and a charm, so you need to hit them several times to do some damage.

Now those people hit me on range of 4000 to 30000 depending on the class and the skill they use.

So basically I can hit them like an imbecile several times and they just stand there making fun and finally when get bored one shot me b:laugh

Just on the last NW: an end game sin one shot me with Knife Throw, an archer 2 shot me on fox form with normal attacks and a seeker zerk crit on me for 14k even with bramble hood b:surrender

So to summarize: even a rrr9 player with average refines, chards and cards is almost like a tt90 compared to those maxed people nowadays. b:bye

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

SweetieBot, give 10 points to teikiatsu11 for correct answer.
    Keisari - Raging Tide awards 10 points to teikiatsu11!
    teikiatsu11 is now in 1st place for February 2015 with 10 points (10 points overall).
    Keisari - Raging Tide can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.

Marking the occasion of two full years of chatting in the PWI forums!

SweetieBot, " show me " a parrot 'cause you weren't programmed to show it for others that who asked you to show something.
    Sure, no problem.

Image of " a parrot 'cause you weren't programmed to show it for others that who asked you to show something.
    Celebrating my second anniversary of replying in the PWI forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451