Barbarian Coin/Gold Farming Question

Teken - Dreamweaver
Teken - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Barbarian
So a friend of mine lent me his lvl 100 (non rebirthed- prob the 95 stone thing) barbarian, and since I am new to the game, I was curious what yall normally do to get some coin? As he needs some money to up his skills, and he is currently sitting in lvl 80 gear, idk the name. Neither sage nor demon atm, and using axes.

I don't mind grinding, and I have been running up and auto attacking some lvl 50/60-ish mobs to get around 50-200 coin a drop, which is terribly low for the 30k + costs of some of his skills that I've seen.

I read around and did some Googling, but all the threads use acronyms without explaining what they mean, and I can't follow, so I figured I might as well ask. :)
Post edited by Teken - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When leveling, questing is really the easiest way to keep on top of it. Once you're 100, bounty hunter can provide income (20% chance of 2m, 5% chance of 5m), as can Cube of fate (cube of fate requires some initial coin though since running it can be over a mil a day), nation wars (again, requires some initial investment to be useful, since its a pk event) and flowsilver palace (which requires a reasonable level of gear and being rebirthed).

While the orbs are nice for leveling alts quickly, it's really not a reasonable way to level an initial toon because you don't already have the farming capacity needed to make a level 100 toon viable.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do the Goshiki quest string if it hasn't already been done. This awards a fair amount of coin.

Complete Aware of Vacuity cultivation and enter and complete the Morai quest string. This will give you free 95 gear.

FSP (Flowsilver Palace) is RB1/100+ requisite, so that isn't even a possibility for a non-reborn toon. Try to get into a helpful faction that will let you tag along on BH100s (bounty hunter... BH1 for level 100 has a possibility of awarding cards worth 2 or 5 million, or other items worth less) and/or help you gear up.

Farming and selling mats and herbs is a viable, but slow method of gathering funds. Being not yet sage/demon means you can't enter Momaganon or Lothranis, cutting you off from the most lucrative herb market though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Start practicing the cube of faith. Barbs are very good for it. Google for some walktrough guide that tells you how to do each room. Not every guide is perfectly up to date, so you might have to google another one if you get stuck somewhere, but everything is easilly solvable if you look it up. Start by learning to get up to level 50, then proceed to do the evel 50-60 part when you have some money to invest (you need to pay something between 1 and 2m to get trough there but the reward is worth 3m)

Do the daily bounty hunter quest for rewards. You may not be able to do much yourself, but nowadays almost every random squad has at least 1 who can actually solo the whole thing anyway so you can just basically follow.

If you have friends, a TT80 geared barb (which is probably what you got) could try to farm some Twilight Temple 2-2. It will be seriously challenging though if those friends are equally geared. But challenges are good and will teach you how to play the barb :)

Work on all the things you have to do in morai. You need to go with every order to get skills and many other advantages. Among others you can also get an item that allows you to do the cube of faith twice a day. I would for now sell all the COGs you get out of it because while you surely want to make that necklace, getting proper armor has priority now.

Open phoenix valley for someone who asks in WC for openers. You can do this once a day for an easy 300k. Immediately tell the one who asks for it that you are new to this and you need him to explain you.

Start merchanting if that is your cup of tea. This is espescially interesting if you can leave your PC running over night. Look at those shops that are buying and selling tokens of luck at the crossroads of archosaur west and join them. Alternatively do the same thing uncanny and rapture crystals at the forges. (buy right after Territory Wars, sell trough the rest of the week)

Read lots of stuff on the barb forums here and see if you want to follow my advise to make him demon.
    Work on the other aspects of your character, do your culti quests, farm your nuemas and use those daily pills for meridians.

In order to learn how to play the barb, i would also advise you to do TM 69 and 79 with a equally geared squads. Best would be to do frost city as it is the perfect learning ground but unfortunately that instance is useless now so you probably wont find a squad for it. If you are in a faction and some people (preferably including another barb) want to do it for you to teach you, that would be great though.

You can make a few m per day easilly. This will allow you to upgrade to G15 within a month or so.

When you got G15 gear, it is time to take a look in warsong. This is an instance you do with a squad that will give stuff you need to upgrade your gear to G16 and a nice belt. You can also sell stuff you get out of it for extra income.
    When you are in G15-G16, it is also time to consider rebirthing so you can start on getting the primal skills and war avatars. Stop selling the cogs and make yourself a necklace from the next 30 COGs you get out of the cube.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • hekenheken
    hekenheken Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What do you mean by 2-2?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2-2 is shorthand for Twilight Temple act 2, scene 2 (Naught).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    And i mentioned that one because as far as i know that is where it really starts making significant money. (but i aint sure, maybe i underestimate the lower level TTs)

I remember when i was a nab TT90 barb (that doesnt differ so much from TT80 and you now have meridians etc to make up for it) i was *trying* to tank 2-3, the next more difficult level. It didnt work all that well, but it was close, i could tank the last boss for about 1 minute after the cleric died (and the cleric will die if it is equally geared). So 2-2 should be about on the edge of possible. If your squad can learn how to keep the cleric alive, you might be able to do 2-3 as well.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.