Is PWI closing down soon?

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Wish I could tell you when anything, ranging from DQ points to this patch, will actually go live, but I can't. Not because I don't want to, and not because I don't care, but because I don't really know. The demon/sage skills were supposed to be in one of these patches, but the way things are going, I can't even say that will happen.

As for DQ points, as sad as this is to say, I really doubt that will ever come to fruition. The idea was to have this implemented in Arc, but with how that was taken over and is currently being run, I really doubt they care enough to implement it.

This.

Does this really imply that PWE is planning to get rid of PWI? There are a million reasons for them not to do that, mainly because they currently seem to have Zero effort in keeping the game running (no support, no dev costs and stuff) especially while the game is still thriving in china.

Still..altho I doubt that they would really shut it down also considering how much some people spend here and did spend lately...they can't tell me that they do not earn enough with this game. Actually...most of PWEs other games have been funded via PWI.

The prob is...PWI is still their best game imho. It might not have the best graphics and all but what does the other games offer? PWI is still something special...all the other games are just random standard games which you've seen quite a few lately.

Sparkiesoft. Please. Could you clarify this for us? It's not like this isn't important and all. I honestly don't wanna waste another 2 months waiting on updates that'll never come and people surely don't wanna spend loads of money in a game that is long gone. Even tho PWE tends to give back all the Zen spend the last 6 motnhs, you can only spend that on other games and I already mentioned that they are not an option for most people.

Ofc I would be glad if you say that the game is still in plans to run at least for another 1 or 2 years. That'll be ok...but we are currently floating into an empty space of confusing.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still..altho I doubt that they would really shut it down also considering how much some people spend here and did spend lately...they can't tell me that they do not earn enough with this game. Actually...most of PWEs other games have been funded via PWI..

Unfortunately the fact that some people spent a lot of real money doesn't garantee anything.
    So the question is not how much money they got in the past but how much money they could get in the future.
    We will never have any information regarding that but I guess they still do some benefits, especially if we consider they don't seem to spend a lot of time/money on it.

But the question is not only to know if the servers are about to close (I don't think so even if I said that only PWE really knows that) but if they will let the game in its current state or finally try to work again on it. I would think that people would stop spending money if the game stays like it is now (I mean without adding the new skills for example or fixing bugs), but I have the feeling people continue spending money. So maybe PWE wouldn't earn a lot more by doing their job, in which case it might not be that bad for them to let everything as now.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Joe, regardless the fact that your reasoning is more then flawed to start with, do you really think that they would announce shutting down PWI in this way ? Do you think that the CM would be informed more then 5min before he's told to give the official announcement ?

You should refrain from posting such a lacking reasoning though. You better stick with your usual disks, this one topic obviously isn't your genre.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    It made me remember how PW-MY got closed b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, it's not shutting down anytime soon. Take a look at some of the other PWE titles. Take RaiderZ for example. No new content in over a year cause MAIET (devs) have moved on and a really small player base with just 1 out of 4 (iirc) servers still active. Compare that to us and we look like the new hip thing xD

Anyways, people have been saying PWI is dying since '08, I dont see the difference now.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22330631&postcount=69

this

if they will do it like that, i'll go after them to get my 40 pages of transactions back :-)

Any CSer is welcomed to join me just in case... the more we are the stronger it will be in court
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Anyways, people have been saying PWI is dying since '08, I dont see the difference now.

There is actually a real huge difference between a game dieing because there is no new content which cause a lot of players to leave and a game that would die because the company decides to shut down the servers.
    But I don't think we'll see any closure soon.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015

this

if they will do it like that, i'll go after them to get my 40 pages of transactions back :-)

Any CSer is welcomed to join me just in case... the more we are the stronger it will be in court

Good luck. Their TOS clearly state that they -can- do so...

The lack of company attention into their flagship game (it -is- still called Perfect World Entertainment, inc. - right?) suggests to me that there's more going on below the surface. Neglecting your core (business) tends to cause (company) implosions. Given they also make a Startrek game I thought they would know this...

Indifferent support staff - unfinished updates (new class implementations are unfinished in terms of rank gear and advanced skills) - a CM that seems to slowly be losing it's enthousiasm... It just suggests to me that morale at the company is extremely low. People don't care about the game because they don't care about their job. And THAT is something you can hold PWE's management responsible for.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Overreaction/paranoia/wild speculation.

Oh wait, I forgot we're on the PWI forums. Please continue. b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This says a lot about a company and understood why next to nothing gets done.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm

Upper management needs a clean house for this game and the rest of their games to continue being profitable, if at all.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm

Upper management needs a clean house for this game and the rest of their games to continue being profitable, if at all.

Holy ... **** ... HOLY **** !!!!!!!!!!

May Pan Gu Banish those that would impede the progress of our Journeys in PWI b:angry

Also wasn't there a post around here somewhere indicating there was going to be some major management changes at the company coming soon? I remember reading that roughly 4 months ago. I wonder if that is going to have any impact. Hmmm ... I'm instantly interested in a private server now @_@ ...
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iperen wrote: »
    Joe, regardless the fact that your reasoning is more then flawed to start with, do you really think that they would announce shutting down PWI in this way ? Do you think that the CM would be informed more then 5min before he's told to give the official announcement ?

You should refrain from posting such a lacking reasoning though. You better stick with your usual disks, this one topic obviously isn't your genre.

Your logic is more fail then joes sorry to say. Truth is if they want to shut pwi down....they will do so and likely wont give us any warning. Dont come on here just to insult people. Offer something worth while to discuss. The problem I am seeing atm is what sparkie said. He literally said that he doesn't think we weill get NS demon/sage skills and that we wont be getting DQ...that he knows of. The fact that he doesnt know...or have an idea of when we are getting anything, proves that he is not a very well informed CM. I do not blame him for this....this is the companies fault. sparkiesoft has been pretty good to us and tried to help us as much as he can....he really is just doing and saying what he is told but has worked hard for us and for that we all should thank sparkie and focus instead on chewing out whoever gives sparkie his info and tells him what to do....whoever is currently in charge of what is going on is to blame for all the ****.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015

Not news. It's been like that since '08
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This.

Does this really imply that PWE is planning to get rid of PWI? There are a million reasons for them not to do that, mainly because they currently seem to have Zero effort in keeping the game running (no support, no dev costs and stuff) especially while the game is still thriving in china.

Still..altho I doubt that they would really shut it down also considering how much some people spend here and did spend lately...they can't tell me that they do not earn enough with this game. Actually...most of PWEs other games have been funded via PWI.

The prob is...PWI is still their best game imho. It might not have the best graphics and all but what does the other games offer? PWI is still something special...all the other games are just random standard games which you've seen quite a few lately.

Sparkiesoft. Please. Could you clarify this for us? It's not like this isn't important and all. I honestly don't wanna waste another 2 months waiting on updates that'll never come and people surely don't wanna spend loads of money in a game that is long gone. Even tho PWE tends to give back all the Zen spend the last 6 motnhs, you can only spend that on other games and I already mentioned that they are not an option for most people.

Ofc I would be glad if you say that the game is still in plans to run at least for another 1 or 2 years. That'll be ok...but we are currently floating into an empty space of confusing.
    No, for the 5914297249291919 time PWI is in no way shape or form closing down, or doing Bad. When will these duplicate threads stop. Same thing over and over again. "PWI IS CLOSING, PWI IS DIEING" i Guarantee you it will be another thread like this before the week is over. So original, i bet Nobody else thought of making a "pwi is dieing" thread. Pwi isnt some Frail object that can crumble with One comment. You just Really want it to happen. That's all there is to it.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No, for the 5914297249291919 time PWI is in no way shape or form closing down, or doing Bad. When will these duplicate threads stop. Same thing over and over again. "PWI IS CLOSING, PWI IS DIEING" i Guarantee you it will be another thread like this before the week is over. So original, i bet Nobody else thought of making a "pwi is dieing" thread. Pwi isnt some Frail object that can crumble with One comment. You just Really want it to happen. That's all there is to it.

I think you should pay attention to the follow through of the company. For instance our forums still haven't been updated and still show "PWI HORIZONS" as the current expansion ... that alone says a lot.

I agree it may not be closing down any time soon but you can't ignore the facts that they are neglecting the very basics that should be taken care of with our community.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont want to say it is, but this is how a dying game tells you it is about to get closed.

I always feel like PWI is about to shutdown because of their almost non-existent support, poor updates andlots of bugs. We are only missing an army of illegal bots.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I dont want to say it is, but this is how a dying game tells you it is about to get closed.

I always feel like PWI is about to shutdown because of their almost non-existent support, poor updates andlots of bugs. We are only missing an army of illegal bots.

Thats because they made botting legal so they wouldnt have to deal with such a **** storm. They dont have to make any broken promises to fix something if its already "dealt" with b:laugh

Its a shame the company has been declining at such a rapid pace. This game was an amazing thing, and still kind of is, but the lack of any support and interaction from the management has really let it down. So far down it stands little chance of getting back up again. Only reason I still play now is because of all the money I put in cause im an imapaitent ******* b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015

this

These posts always make me laugh. So what if you charged lots? First, the ToS says they can shut down with no forewarning whatsoever, they can do whatever they want to your account with no warning or explanation needed and you agreed to it. This alone renders any case you bring moot. You agreed to these terms and gladly paid them for it.
    Second, you charged...so that makes you entitled to having a game kept online for you, even if its losing money for the company? You got the Zen you paid for. They didn't take your money and say "this guarantees PWI will stay online forever". No, they gave you the Zen you paid for and that was it for the transaction. Nowhere does it say that charges are going to servr fees, maintenance, staff or anything. All it is, is a transaction of real currency to virtual currency. You get all you pay for and have not been scammed, coerced or misled.
    If MMO's and game companies could be taken to court and actually lose a case like this, there would no MMO's to play. They'd all have been shut down by everyone who thinks charging a bit of cash makes them a shareholder and entitled.

MMO's have a finite lifespan. Frankly, I've stopped my casual csing because I don't know how much longer this game is going to be as it's showing its age and actions by PWE indicate they don't care much about it anymore. I've gotten a good 6 years out of it. Charged some, farmed some. If it's PWI's time, then it's time. Sad as it would be, there is a whole sea of MMO's out there.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Love it when ppl can't differentiate.

This isn't a "the game is dying"-thread. This is a "Sparkie, tell us that the game isn't dying"-thread. That is a huge difference.

The threads we had so far have propaged that the game is dying in their opinion. How is that even alike in the slightest?
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is PWI dying?

NO. PWI is in a coma and still trying to keep himself alive. But others dont give a *** if he stays alive or goes to hell( that how it seems to me) . PWI will be in a coma untill he wake up or untill someone stop the machine that keeps it alive.
    What means it is in a coma?
    Well you can still play the game and have fun but dont have big expactations from it.

PWI has a bad management?

OH YES. Very bad. And I dont think I have to explain myself here. We all can see that. The only way you cant see it is if you are blind or idiot.

We will get the missing things for the new classes and TW time fixed?

I believe we will get those but not anytime soon.
    The reason we dont have demon, sage, morai, primal and T3 weapons and R9r3 molds for the NS yet is because PWI forced Eclipse Expansion on us in December.
    On the livestream PWI had somewere in november Sparkie said we were to get expansion this year in 2015( if i remember correctly he said January) but they push it to december last year.
    giphy.gif

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    tek1nig wrote: »

I think you should pay attention to the follow through of the company. For instance our forums still haven't been updated and still show "PWI HORIZONS" as the current expansion ... that alone says a lot.

I agree it may not be closing down any time soon but you can't ignore the facts that they are neglecting the very basics that should be taken care of with our community.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the game though. The game is developed by Wanmei in China. PWE is just a publisher.

The fact that the sites, Arc, and our localized management is in such poor shape is entirely on PWE's shoulders. PWE does not make the game. If you want to get really technical, they don't even manage the game servers; they merely provide the hardware.

A lot of folks need to learn to differentiate between PWI, the game, and PWE, the software publisher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Love it when ppl can't differentiate.

This isn't a "the game is dying"-thread. This is a "Sparkie, tell us that the game isn't dying"-thread. That is a huge difference.

The threads we had so far have propaged that the game is dying in their opinion. How is that even alike in the slightest?
    You should already Know the game Isnt dieing. If you think otherwise then that means This is a "the game is dieing thread" Same category. Like apples and oranges are both fruit. "THE GAME IS DIEING" is in the exact same category as " please tell us the game isnt dieing" It's just stupid. that's like a racecar driver who's car is number 17 and A newspapper article saying "The racecar driver will be riding in car 17" and another article saying "Please tell us the racecar driver is not riding in car 12"

words used: racecar driver, car, riding. They are in the same category because they are discussing which car the racecar driver will be riding in. Both are Fruit. Like apples and oranges. Your thread is in the same category as a "THE GAME IS DIEING" thread.

You already Knew which car he was riding in so what was the point of even asking.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Good luck. Their TOS clearly state that they -can- do so...

The lack of company attention into their flagship game (it -is- still called Perfect World Entertainment, inc. - right?) suggests to me that there's more going on below the surface. Neglecting your core (business) tends to cause (company) implosions. Given they also make a Startrek game I thought they would know this...

Indifferent support staff - unfinished updates (new class implementations are unfinished in terms of rank gear and advanced skills) - a CM that seems to slowly be losing it's enthousiasm... It just suggests to me that morale at the company is extremely low. People don't care about the game because they don't care about their job. And THAT is something you can hold PWE's management responsible for.

You know, if they try to defend their case with people agreeing to their ToS, they will be laughed out of the court. The fact we are spammed with pages long ToS walls before being able to use any services these days make said ToS walls questionable. Can it be binding if customers dont see them as such? I dont think its possible to even sign away your legal rights, I remember there was a case where someone did try that, I cant remember the outcome if they were able to. By what I mean, for example, you cant to give up your right to return product for full refund if company has legal obligations to do so. You can choose not to but giving away said right isnt possible. Or least, thats the case if my memory serves me correctly.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    These posts always make me laugh. So what if you charged lots? First, the ToS says they can shut down with no forewarning whatsoever, they can do whatever they want to your account with no warning or explanation needed and you agreed to it. This alone renders any case you bring moot. You agreed to these terms and gladly paid them for it.
    Second, you charged...so that makes you entitled to having a game kept online for you, even if its losing money for the company? You got the Zen you paid for. They didn't take your money and say "this guarantees PWI will stay online forever". No, they gave you the Zen you paid for and that was it for the transaction. Nowhere does it say that charges are going to servr fees, maintenance, staff or anything. All it is, is a transaction of real currency to virtual currency. You get all you pay for and have not been scammed, coerced or misled.
    If MMO's and game companies could be taken to court and actually lose a case like this, there would no MMO's to play. They'd all have been shut down by everyone who thinks charging a bit of cash makes them a shareholder and entitled.

MMO's have a finite lifespan. Frankly, I've stopped my casual csing because I don't know how much longer this game is going to be as it's showing its age and actions by PWE indicate they don't care much about it anymore. I've gotten a good 6 years out of it. Charged some, farmed some. If it's PWI's time, then it's time. Sad as it would be, there is a whole sea of MMO's out there.

+1 /5char
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
    edited February 2015
    You know, if they try to defend their case with people agreeing to their ToS, they will be laughed out of the court. The fact we are spammed with pages long ToS walls before being able to use any services these days make said ToS walls questionable. Can it be binding if customers dont see them as such? I dont think its possible to even sign away your legal rights, I remember there was a case where someone did try that, I cant remember the outcome if they were able to. By what I mean, for example, you cant to give up your right to return product for full refund if company has legal obligations to do so. You can choose not to but giving away said right isnt possible. Or least, thats the case if my memory serves me correctly.
    What are they refunding?
    This is a free-to-play MMO. You can login, play and do whatever you like, for free. You did not pay for the game, services, maintenance or anything to do with the game itself. You paid for Zen. And received it.
    Any cash charges are 100% voluntary and you always receive the zen you charged for. The Zen is not faulty. The Zen did not break-down. You bought it and used it. End of transaction. What happens to the Zen after that is of no consequence, since you paid for it and received it.
    You are not paying a sub to keep servers going. You are not even told voluntary charges are going towards any upkeep of services. You may assume all you want, but nowhere does it say that.

Just because someone doesn't bother to read a ToS or agreement, then agrees to it anyway, doesn't exclude them from it. Ignorance or laziness can't be a solid case (Gee wiz Judge, I couldn't be bothered to read this legal document, so I signed it anyway. This gets me out of it though, right?). Most online services have long ToS that are agreed to and never read by the people using said service. These ToS are not written up simply because someone gets his jollies writing pages of legal jargon. These are written to protect to the provider of the service from people who feel like because they use a free service and even voluntarily spend on it, that they are entitled to sue over anything that goes a way they don't like.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What are they refunding?
    This is a free-to-play MMO. You can login, play and do whatever you like, for free. You did not pay for the game, services, maintenance or anything to do with the game itself. You paid for Zen. And received it.
    Any cash charges are 100% voluntary and you always receive the zen you charged for. The Zen is not faulty. The Zen did not break-down. You bought it and used it. End of transaction. What happens to the Zen after that is of no consequence, since you paid for it and received it.
    You are not paying a sub to keep servers going. You are not even told voluntary charges are going towards any upkeep of services. You may assume all you want, but nowhere does it say that.

Just because someone doesn't bother to read a ToS or agreement, then agrees to it anyway, doesn't exclude them from it. Ignorance or laziness can't be a solid case (Gee wiz Judge, I couldn't be bothered to read this legal document, so I signed it anyway. This gets me out of it though, right?). Most online services have long ToS that are agreed to and never read by the people using said service. These ToS are not written up simply because someone gets his jollies writing pages of legal jargon. These are written to protect to the provider of the service from people who feel like because they use a free service and even voluntarily spend on it, that they are entitled to sue over anything that goes a way they don't like.

Jesus... You pay for Zhen, you are protected by laws in place to protect customers as from that point on you are one. It doesnt matter jacksht if the game is free to login, it doesnt matter at all what you use your zhen for. You are protected by laws, which protection you cant sign away by simply agreeing to ToS. The real question is how far will the laws protect you, which is not something I can say as I dont study law. If and when laws and things you agree on ToS collide, law wins every time. Half the reason why ToS are in place is to make you think you dont have rights. Any arbitrary actions from PWEs side, even if ToS would give them "right" to do so, just leaves them open for a lawsuit.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited February 2015
    Jesus... You pay for Zhen, you are protected by laws in place to protect customers as from that point on you are one. It doesnt matter jacksht if the game is free to login, it doesnt matter at all what you use your zhen for. You are protected by laws, which protection you cant sign away by simply agreeing to ToS. The real question is how far will the laws protect you, which is not something I can say as I dont study law. If and when laws and things you agree on ToS collide, law wins every time. Half the reason why ToS are in place is to make you think you dont have rights. Any arbitrary actions from PWEs side, even if ToS would give them "right" to do so, just leaves them open for a lawsuit.
    You are extending the purchase of Zen beyond to other means.
    You charge for Zen. If you did not receive it or received the wrong amount or the Zens function as a virtual currency was disabled, then I would be inclined to agree with you. But the charges and purchases in question are for Zen only. There is nothing faulty with these transactions. You are and should be protected in these purchases.
    You cannot have PWE refund the game, because you did not pay for it. None of your purchases were for the game itself or its online functionality. It's only assumption that any funds are used to that end.
    After you use the Zen in a transfer to the game of your choice, the product has been consumed.

Let's say Target had a special section where items can only be paid for with Target points. You go to Target and buy a Target card for $50 which gets you 5000 Target points (real to virtual in-house currency), every year for 5 years. The last year you get your regular $50 in-house currency and you use it in store. You've been getting what you paid for and using the in-house currency, but suddenly, Target shuts down. You now can suddenly sue the parent corporation of Target to get all the money you've spent the last 5 years refunded?
    No, and it would be ridiculous to think that you could. You weren't paying to keep the store open and it's services available to you. You were simply buying in-house currency and using it. Its the same scenario here. You are not paying for the game nor the service, thus you cannot be refunded for something you did not pay for. You consumed the Zen you paid for and got and thus cannot be refunded for that either.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015

this

You are dreaming BTW.So your telling me if you go to lets say..walmart for 6 years spending your money and buying stuff and all of the sudden..omg walmart closed...your going to ask for all your money back with receipts? Lol yeah right.PWE/PWI would owe nothing to no one if they decided to close shop on all of us,its your stupid risk in investing in vapor dude.

And trust me PWE lawyers are far superior than yours because of the $$$$$$ and they already have stuff written out in print to allow people to purchase from them and allow them to to sell to you.If you think a business such as this came into this with no protection ...man you have no clue so just hang it up man you have no case.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i think the piece of logic people are arguing is that even though you agree to the ToS, that is not protection from illegal actions regarding monetary transactions.

if the conduct of PWE violates those laws, the ToS is invalid in full. whether or not that is the case remains to be proven regardless of the expert testimony of these here forum posters.

i have not played another MMO before and im not really partial to trying another one after this. I would be rather upset for the game to be so literally and immediately abandoned, i enjoy it even with all the things to complain about.

i sincerely hope there will be a positive result of all these long waits and lapses in service.

i feel the response would be more immediate or substantial..... if the cash just stopped flowing into their pockets, meaning there would need to be some organized effort by the TW factions and cash shoppers in general to abstain from Cs'ing until the game is supported better. but being the man of logic that i am, that is just a pipe dream.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    i think the piece of logic people are arguing is that even though you agree to the ToS, that is not protection from illegal actions regarding monetary transactions.

if the conduct of PWE violates those laws, the ToS is invalid in full. whether or not that is the case remains to be proven regardless of the expert testimony of these here forum posters.

Exactly
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015

i have not played another MMO before and im not really partial to trying another one after this. I would be rather upset for the game to be so literally and immediately abandoned, i enjoy it even with all the things to complain about.

i sincerely hope there will be a positive result of all these long waits and lapses in service.

i feel the response would be more immediate or substantial..... if the cash just stopped flowing into their pockets, meaning there would need to be some organized effort by the TW factions and cash shoppers in general to abstain from Cs'ing until the game is supported better. but being the man of logic that i am, that is just a pipe dream.

Nah, everyone is mainly talking about ToS in regards to them not having to have this game going forever. They are saying people can't complain about CSing, since they got what they paid for. That part has no bearing whatsoever for game longevity. And in the past, PWI has gotten around any correlation by refunding any CSed money for the past X months, so they can show they did get and use what they paid for.

So on the nice side, that would mean 6 months past the huge influx (because there's no way they'd be giving back the amount they made with all the transfers and such from holidays). But that also might mean we get nothing but resets with no maintenance if they are shutting down in such a way. Which is what the OP is worried about.