Problem pulling agro w/life hunter

2»

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Then by Salari's logic no one except barbs is able to tank toad because evading isn't tanking.

... *facepalms*

Don't sins do most of their tanking by evading stuff anyway? Let's look closer... tidal evades ****, focused mind evades ****, so does DN, sparking and rib strike - also your evasion.

So... if a mob misses you, you're not tanking, you're evading? b:shocked

:p Colum if you are evading the hit your are not tanking it. The evasion you talk of is evading stuns/seals/sleeps not damage. Yes some skills increase evasion to miss a hit but most decently geared sins can still take the hit.

Even though evasion is included in the generic description of Tanking(game use) I don't consider it tanking. Tanking by evasion has never been my play style except to evade a status effect.

To all the "know you class" trolls, that is just an excuse thrown from people that have no useful information to share.

I made the mistake of wording my original question wrong, this was never a question of knowing ones class or agro control.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Arguing semantics here.

The point people are making is that it's actually very easy to "tank" toad for assassins.

I would agree as I did my 1st toad tank on my full g16 sin today, cycling between deaden/triple sparks/faith is quite simple on sin due to endless chi. Even tidal negated one of the oneshots and quite a lot of the stuns.

The key to it is on any class is timing and not lagging, which is why so many people don't like to toad tank or solo puppeteer.

Maybe I'll add this to my FSP challenge thread xD
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Arguing semantics here.

The point people are making is that it's actually very easy to "tank" toad for assassins.

I would agree as I did my 1st toad tank on my full g16 sin today, cycling between deaden/triple sparks/faith is quite simple on sin due to endless chi. Even tidal negated one of the oneshots and quite a lot of the stuns.

The key to it is on any class is timing and not lagging, which is why so many people don't like to toad tank or solo puppeteer.

Maybe I'll add this to my FSP challenge thread xD

It is easy for sins granted your ping works along.
    However, tidal avoiding the oneshot is a new one for me, the oneshot isn't a debuff? Sage tidal / normal tidal doesn't negate damage.

Either you meant focused mind or toad's oneshot isn't just a physical attack.
    Or you meant the sand debuff from landing?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is easy for sins granted your ping works along.
    However, tidal avoiding the oneshot is a new one for me, the oneshot isn't a debuff? Sage tidal / normal tidal doesn't negate damage.

Either you meant focused mind or toad's oneshot isn't just a physical attack.
    Or you meant the sand debuff from landing?

I assumed it was a one tick physical dot, hence why faith resists it, and why tidal should and in my case did, deaden and sage tidal were up, toad did one shot, deaden was still up.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I assumed it was a one tick physical dot, hence why faith resists it, and why tidal should and in my case did, deaden and sage tidal were up, toad did one shot, deaden was still up.

Ah, I always thought it was just a physical attack
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Yaps. Same goes for Sage Seekers Blade affinity and BMs leap.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    :p Colum if you are evading the hit your are not tanking it. The evasion you talk of is evading stuns/seals/sleeps not damage. Yes some skills increase evasion to miss a hit but most decently geared sins can still take the hit.

Even though evasion is included in the generic description of Tanking(game use) I don't consider it tanking. Tanking by evasion has never been my play style except to evade a status effect.

To all the "know you class" trolls, that is just an excuse thrown from people that have no useful information to share.

I made the mistake of wording my original question wrong, this was never a question of knowing ones class or agro control.

Well at this point my best advice is...

Unless you want to "tank/evade" Toad by yourself, tell the barbs to restat strength build or check their weapon before you start using Life Hunter.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Well at this point my best advice is...

Unless you want to "tank/evade" Toad by yourself, tell the barbs to restat strength build or check their weapon before you start using Life Hunter.

Yeah like I said in game it was totally my fault this thread went full troll, I really worded my question wrong. I should have known better as well dealing the damage the way i did, the skill is really op for already op gear for pve. I should have tested more before hand. A lot of people told me the skill did not deal much dmg with the daggers I had and was more suited with r9r. So I just assumed the dmg results would not be that significant. They were quite wrong.

So I will reword this question. What skill combinations do you use to prevent gaining agro on Toad in FS that are the most useful that include lifehunter. I got a few ideas I will try next time I am there. I have all sage skills except a few that combine into the other primal skills. I had elimination but lost that when I switched to sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Want to limit your aggro, as an assassin? Autoattack in chill. Don't spark. If you still are pulling aggro, get out your bow.

Useful skills, when you aren't tanking, and don't want to: ribstrike, subsea strike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    Want to limit your aggro, as an assassin? Autoattack in chill. Don't spark. If you still are pulling aggro, get out your bow.

Useful skills, when you aren't tanking, and don't want to: ribstrike, subsea strike.

actually a bow will do a lot more dmg than auto attack with chill and will be up there with skill spaming damage wise, ofcourse it depends on the bow as well. With a g16 bow I can deal more dmg than skill spamming before i got lifehunter as bow dmg does not suffer the effects of anti-aps mechanics as much as melee auto attacks if at all.

lifehunter is ribstrike. I got a good idea on the skill combinations i will use, i just need to sort it out with cool downs and not to come back to lifehunter to soon. I don't use macro's so it is just a matter of time of learning combo.

Subsea is a great skill to save with for the bm's hf, i got that worked in the skill rotation i am working on.

Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Learn to spark.
    /thread
  • Afaria - Morai
    Afaria - Morai Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think your best option still would be to learn how to tank toad, if you need help on that, just ask... I prefer to tank toad on sin than on barb...

In case you want to just try aggro control... I would not go with lower dmg skills, you are a dd after all, so dd.

When I would see a lower geared barb tanking, I would just do axes and only skills I would use would be subsea (and ofc your chi skills to get back chi...) and when toad has like 1/4 of hp gone you can start hitting him with life hunter

Just remember that the one who gets hit by the axe is the second in the aggro list, so if that is you, just calm down for a while ;)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    actually a bow will do a lot more dmg than auto attack with chill and will be up there with skill spaming damage wise, ofcourse it depends on the bow as well. With a g16 bow I can deal more dmg than skill spamming before i got lifehunter as bow dmg does not suffer the effects of anti-aps mechanics as much as melee auto attacks if at all.

lifehunter is ribstrike. I got a good idea on the skill combinations i will use, i just need to sort it out with cool downs and not to come back to lifehunter to soon. I don't use macro's so it is just a matter of time of learning combo.

Subsea is a great skill to save with for the bm's hf, i got that worked in the skill rotation i am working on.

Thanks

If you steal aggro from barbs with a bow as a sin those barbs are doing something terribly wrong b:shocked
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2015
    If you steal aggro from barbs with a bow as a sin those barbs are doing something terribly wrong b:shocked

yep I had a few barbs growl at me before because the boss would reset b:chuckle

After that I just left my g16 bow on my archer and use a g15 purge bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koryn7
    koryn7 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yaps. Same goes for Sage Seekers Blade affinity and BMs leap.

And demon mystic verdant shell! b:victory
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually in most of the runs i do i just tank it myself.

It's fairly easy, after the screen message saying that toad going to throw the axe -moment when you pay attention- boss turn back and throw axe to someone else. When boss turn back to you it will (most of the time) do a melee hit and then the "smashing" hit, that is also a status effect, as i have evaded it many times.
    >>>Make sure you spark after that single hit before the fatal hit.
    >> if deaden tick you can time your pots\genie.
    >can have a helper using expel in last resource or a psy using their spirit phalanx.

Just time your sparks since as a sin you **** chi all day.

As for agro from life hunter, it's kind of predictable having in count the amount of extra damage given by primal passives and how the multipliers work for the damage, and that skill hits twice in like 1.4 seconds... basically aps packed in a single skill.

b:laugh
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stop being bad.

/End thread.