Why they believe they are full R9r3

Options
bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Why most sins with just r9r3 daggers and aps gear kinda believe they are full R9r3 or act like they are full R9r3?
b:surrender
giphy.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    'Cause they Stealth-Double spark-APS everything to death and thus they don't need to bother with DPH. Isn't it obvious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yea, aps is still alive.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Yea, aps is still alive.

Or was until target a discovered absolute domain and one shot the offending aps sin right where it hurt.... b:bye
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    APS R9rr sins are a joke, I'm sorry but it's true. I had my sin like this before because I was still farming for my full r9 and I understand that even today there is still a use for aps hence me having both r9rr and aps set but the sins that say that r9rr weap+aps set is good or better for PvP are just... yeah...

I like that they feel really good when they hit me hard and then I 1shot them for 3-4 times their hp (if not more) b:laugh

Mr. Justice
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Aps sins usually know best not to charge ahead and tank, they let other people tank first and make their targets use up genie and apoth before finishing. If timed right aps kills way much faster than dph.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've never seen anyone claim they're full R9rr while they're not, are you over exaggerating OP?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What do you mean by "act like they are full R9.3" ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi I have aps set and r999 +10 daggers but I act like full r999 dph sin because I use chill and life hunter in FSP.
    b:laugh
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There are several options :

1. not everyone can instantly go full R9r3 and are giving priority to ring+weapon over
    gear set.

2. Aps is still valid in pvE and way less in pvP, but those upgrading to full R9r3 will still go
    to pvp/nw/tw's.

Some, like myself, are slowly building up to R9r3, or do a combination of aps gear (ashura's
    bracers + boots, lionheart jewelry) with R9r3 to find a "middle ground". Not everyone can afford
    an instant r9r3+12 set and most of the sins already had invested a lot of cash in upping their gear
    before R9 became the thing to have.

And as far as claiming to be a R9r3 sin, only idiots would do that when they're not. I consider
    myself an Aps sin with some R9, period. Until i'm ful r9 that is, which will take me a while.
    r9rr weap+aps set is good or better for PvP..

R9rr weapon is better then a G16, even if you stay aps. But saying it's better for pvP is stupid.
    Whoever claims that deserves to be 1-shotted.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    But saying it's better for pvP is stupid.
    Whoever claims that deserves to be 1-shotted.

And this (being 1-shot) will happen often since they have APS gears b:laugh (ok ok i go hide in a corner b:surrender)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The all one hit wonders.I hit One so hard it went into perma stealth.b:laugh
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There are several options :

1. not everyone can instantly go full R9r3 and are giving priority to ring+weapon over
    gear set.

This of course.

I dont know if your papa gave you full R9 when you started playing, but many work hard for it (either in game or at the mc donalds) and when they finally get that ring and dagger after a long time of farming TT and watching other sins (or even barbs/BMs) tanking mobless warsong bosses, they are happy and proud with their new stuff. And you interpret that as them thinking they are full R9.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This of course.

I dont know if your papa gave you full R9 when you started playing, but many work hard for it (either in game or at the mc donalds) and when they finally get that ring and dagger after a long time of farming TT and watching other sins (or even barbs/BMs) tanking mobless warsong bosses, they are happy and proud with their new stuff. And you interpret that as them thinking they are full R9.

First of all I am not even R9.

Second: I have seen many sins saying:
    '' I am R9 sin''
    But the only pieces of r9 they have is the ring of Trauma and Adversity Daggers. Rest is aps gear.
    And sins are the only ones with just 2 pieces of r9 claiming they are r9.Never seen any other class claiming is r9 with just 1 or 2 pieces of gear.
    So if my sins has aps gear and G16 daggers should I say that I am a G16 sin?

'' No one can defend from this''-link his R9r3 daggers-rest of his gear being aps

But the only people that he killed were player with the gear equal or weaker than him. And that during duels only.
    And I am like:'' Ya right, the Full R9r3 BM or Seeker or Barb or actually any other class that knows how to pvp cannot defend from your daggers''

'' No one can kill me while I have this'' -link his r9r3 daggers- rest of his gear being aps

And I am like: '' If the Full r9r3+ 12 player is extremely stupid or just cash his end game gear in less than a weak and dont know how to pvp ya you are maybe right and he cannot kill you or he will struggle alot untill he gets to kill you. But if that player knows what he is doing well than you are screwed and the fight will be under 5 minutes''

b:bye
    giphy.gif

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why most sins with just r9r3 daggers and aps gear kinda believe they are full R9r3 or act like they are full R9r3?

I wonder what do you mean by ''kinda believe they are full R9r3 or act like they are full R9r3'' ?
    edit: nvm got ninjaed answer by op b:laugh

Also and a bit off topic I see some people here trashing aps gear sin...

While is true that a sin on aps gear and rrr9 dagz is basically a glass cannon against an end game player, I must say that nowadays cards, primal passives and spirit is a very important factor.

I've seen more than once sins on +10 aps gear/12 rrr9 dags, good cards and probably maxed primal passives using skill and killing not one but several rrr9 people and actually surviving.

Of course if the rrr9 player is truly endgame (nw ornaments/jades/emperor/all+12/A or S cards maxed) it will be almost if not imposible for an aps sin to kill said player... But on the average rrr9 player I would not understimate the little aps sin, especially if said sin is highly refined and is using skills b:laugh

• ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've never seen anyone claim they're full R9rr while they're not, are you over exaggerating OP?

I'm assuming they're either jealous of the R9, or just hate sins in general.

\not saying there aren't plenty of reasons to feel either way
    \\not R9, not gonna be R9, non PvP so I don't much care
    \\\\APS because Farmer
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »
    I wonder what do you mean by ''kinda believe they are full R9r3 or act like they are full R9r3'' ?
    edit: nvm got ninjaed answer by op b:laugh

Also and a bit off topic I see some people here trashing aps gear sin...

While is true that a sin on aps gear and rrr9 dagz is basically a glass cannon against an end game player, I must say that nowadays cards, primal passives and spirit is a very important factor.

I've seen more than once sins on +10 aps gear/12 rrr9 dags, good cards and probably maxed primal passives using skill and killing not one but several rrr9 people and actually surviving.

Of course if the rrr9 player is truly endgame (nw ornaments/jades/emperor/all+12/A or S cards maxed) it will be almost if not imposible for an aps sin to kill said player... But on the average rrr9 player I would not understimate the little aps sin, especially if said sin is highly refined and is using skills b:laugh

Not sure at what point saying aps sins are a one shot in pvp is trashing.

You are right of course that there are other factors but then assuming an aps sin is a one shot is also assuming the opponent doesnt have tt60 on.

Everything is relative.

The point here being that the few sins who do believe they are the cats pajamas for one piece of gear (and there is actually another player on my server who has g15 who acts the same way so it is not limited to a class or gear style) are indeed not.

Its all a moot point because these players who think they are all that will either develop better play style over time to back up the ego or get better gear once they lose enough times.

Or they will continue to trash talk others in world chat and pretend they are all that all the while bearing the cross of many one shots...
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I dont really see the point to make a fuzz about someone that you prob dont even know, who prob lives 1k miles away who prob is just proud of achieving one of his/her goals

Then again when i look at the forums, like 90% of the regular posters are extremely rude and have a weird sence of elitism and enjoy bashing others and like to point out other flaws all to well. Instead of being constructive

Well thats the internet i guess
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    First of all I am not even R9.

Second: I have seen many sins saying:
    '' I am R9 sin''
    But the only pieces of r9 they have is the ring of Trauma and Adversity Daggers. Rest is aps gear.
    And sins are the only ones with just 2 pieces of r9 claiming they are r9.Never seen any other class claiming is r9 with just 1 or 2 pieces of gear.
    So if my sins has aps gear and G16 daggers should I say that I am a G16 sin?

Not exactly the same thing. If all they say is that they are R9, they don't even need any R9 gear beyond what is required to complete the R9 quest. Because R9 is a rank of reputation, not the gear itself. It would be different if they said they were R9 geared, but just saying R9 is correct.

But G16 isn't a rank, it's gear only. So claiming G16 without the gear is wrong, because it's nowhere near the same thing.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not exactly the same thing. If all they say is that they are R9, they don't even need any R9 gear beyond what is required to complete the R9 quest. Because R9 is a rank of reputation, not the gear itself. It would be different if they said they were R9 geared, but just saying R9 is correct.

But G16 isn't a rank, it's gear only. So claiming G16 without the gear is wrong, because it's nowhere near the same thing.

True... but I dont think that many of players when they say they are r9 are talking about Rank of reputation. I believe many of them are refering to the gear itself.
    giphy.gif

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I Bet they still One shot your weak azz though.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    True... but I dont think that many of players when they say they are r9 are talking about Rank of reputation. I believe many of them are refering to the gear itself.

For the established players, I agree. But we did that increase of players from the holidays, some new and some from a different version of PW. They may have a different way of referring to things, and the new players likely either don't know or don't care about the way the oldies play it.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I Bet they still One shot your weak azz though.

Nici try for trolling idiot.
    I dont even pvp.
    And this post wasnt even regardless pvp or pve. Was about all in general.
    Was about sins with only 2 pieces of r9 gear claiming they are rank9.
    The ones that commented brought this to a pvp zone and I have no problem with that.
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I dont really see the point to make a fuzz about someone that you prob dont even know, who prob lives 1k miles away who prob is just proud of achieving one of his/her goals

Then again when i look at the forums, like 90% of the regular posters are extremely rude and have a weird sence of elitism and enjoy bashing others and like to point out other flaws all to well. Instead of being constructive

Not disagreeing - this forum is far too packed with people fluffing their peacock feathers. But. I think thats the kind of attitude OP is frustrated with. But that said i am not sure just asking why something is is making a "fuzz".

At least in my experience ive met a few people who go around trash talking others claiming to be op (and wont pk) flashing their one piece of gear...

Fine to be proud if you accomplish something. But not cool to 1) say something purposefuly misleading (especially for example in a squad forming) and 2) not cool to use it as a reason to treat other people like sludge.

Also judging people for judging others isnt any less judgemental than the people who were judging in the first placeb:chuckle
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

This.
    This is an obvious troll bashing thread against sins and serves no other purpose than to get a reaction from people, which it obviously fulfilled.
  • bloodedone87
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So if someone asks a simple question imediately is troll bashing sins?
    No, is just a simple question.
    Trust me if I want to insult sins I will just insult sins.
    But I have nothing against sins like I have nothing against any other class.
    And I dont have something against sins that claim they are R9 with just 2 pieces of r9 gear( and we all know what those 2 pieces are). Was just asking why they do that. Cause I only see sins doing that.Never seen a psy for exemple saying that with just 2 pieces of R9.
    And one more thing.
    Before this expansion If i would have made a top 3 my favorite classes to play it would have looked like this:

1 Psychic
    2 Assassin
    3 Seeker.

But this days my top looks like this:

1 Stormbringer
    2 Psychic
    3 Assassin.
    giphy.gif

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    R9=/=full r9.

/End thread.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

PWI community sure didnt use to be that way, but woe is life or some such, I think there is nothing wrong with being proud of ones hard work, however if that pride involves simply shoving another down so that you appear higher than them...well people can shove it.

Most people want to easy route and its easier to lower someone else than rise up yourself.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I believe I am full s3r9 because I am full s3r9 does that count?
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you want to make it something that everyone can agree upon :

"I am R9" = i have the R9 rep+ring(required to get the rest)

"I am R9r3" = i have the rep + ALL the pieces of the gear.

It's like saying 'i am R8" which simply means they got the r8 rep (200k) and maybe
    some pieces. No one makes a fuss about that.

If someone shows you their r9 weapon, then they ARE R9 = having the required rep+ring. If they
    claim to be R9r3 then they have to have the r9r3 set.

It's really not that hard to come to a consensus.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you want to make it something that everyone can agree upon :

"I am R9" = i have the R9 rep+ring(required to get the rest)

"I am R9r3" = i have the rep + ALL the pieces of the gear.

It's like saying 'i am R8" which simply means they got the r8 rep (200k) and maybe
    some pieces. No one makes a fuss about that.

If someone shows you their r9 weapon, then they ARE R9 = having the required rep+ring. If they
    claim to be R9r3 then they have to have the r9r3 set.

It's really not that hard to come to a consensus.

Someone on this thead already pointed that out and another person made a point against it. Your post is bringing this in circles ;c