FSP glitch?

Esete - Archosaur
Esete - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Today I was running with a squad and we do fine up until succubus. At succubus we were hit by her one hit that happens when someone isn't following the directions she gives. However, we were all clearly on top of each other and on top of the boss when she gave the command "please stand together" or whatever. When we stood together each and every time she one shot the entire squad. When the boss started off by having us disperse everything went fine when everyone spread apart from each other and away from boss except tank ofc. Is it possible this boss can glitch? Yes I have tried to search through posts and haven't found anything like this. We tried several different tactics thinking ok maybe it is us....but idk when i clearly have a barb squishing my veno underneath him while the boss is smacking him im not sure how you can get closer to the boss/players.
Post edited by Esete - Archosaur on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It sometimes happens yes, it's notorious to happen specially when you have a squad < 5 or 6 people.
    At least from what I noticed.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Best to reset her really. I've had it happen to me quite a few times now. I don't know why she does it, or what triggers it...she just occasionally blasts us all to bits...despite having followed her orders. I wish that I could offer a more helpful response as a means to prevent it, or quickly fix it, but the truth is that I simply don't know. Only 2 things that I can think of....

Reset her.

OR

Have whoever is tanking be the only one actually in range of her, and the others stand at distance (around where people place their alts on her.) Have the healer at distance too, but sporadically peeking out to IH the tank, then quickly running back to safety.

Idk if these would work, nor how viable they might be, but that's what I came up with off of the top of my head. Hope it helps.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Esete - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Thanks, glad to know it truly was something with the boss and that we werent being stupid. We did reset her ALOT. but i guess didnt help. we truly didnt want to reset the instance since it was getting close to server reset. b:sad
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It sometimes happens yes, it's notorious to happen specially when you have a squad < 5 or 6 people.
    At least from what I noticed.

Exactly (the number is 5). This is the main problem when soloing/duoing FSP.
    So the first question will be : how many people were in the team (don't mention the ones that didn't hit the boss at all) ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Esete - Archosaur
    edited February 2015
    Exactly (the number is 5). This is the main problem when soloing/duoing FSP.
    So the first question will be : how many people were in the team (don't mention the ones that didn't hit the boss at all) ?

We had 5 people attacking with 2 alts in the back.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    5 is supposed to be enough but I will retry this evening (usually I do it with 6 toons hitting the boss and maybe I got lucky the few times I did with 5)
    What is 150% sure is that 4 is not enough and 6 is fine. And I'm talking about real toons, pets/summons or plants don't count (my own experience at this point so maybe I did a mistake while testing)

So either I'm mistaken about 5 being the good number (but I'm pretty sure it's accurate), either one of your 5 people didn't hit the boss on time.

Note : the 5 (or 6) real toons don't have to deal a lot of damage or to hit the boss continuously. Only one hit is needed, just to be part of the aggro list.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You actually need at least 6 ppl to stand together for her not to blast you to bits.

Never had any bug on her besides not killing my barb with anything even if I just duo it with my gfs cleric xD only the cleric will have to defend herself against the "stand together" **** Which is pretty easy as a cleric.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    from what i know its 6 not 5
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for confirming, I had a doubt. Then this totally explains OP's issue, which is not a glitch.

And obviously when I said it was needed to have that many people (finally 6 and not 5) hitting the boss at least once, this was to prevent him from doing the OS thing. But yeah you can solo it (or kill with less than 6 people), if you time the immune (or other tricks) perfectly, as for Toad.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This can happen when:
    - A player is lagging and receives the hit
    - People are late at arriving at Succu

The way the "Stand together" and "Disperse" onehits work, is that the condition/damage portion gets evaluated -before- the actual hit, which seems to happen a full second later. You can see it happen quite clearly at the "Stand together" spell. Boss first visual is an aura at itself, similar to the flashy spikes Queen of Xipher throws when she tries her oneshot AOE. A second or so later the blue dragon effect hits a player (I think, like frog, whoever has 2nd highest aggro is targeted - unsure) and the damage is applied then.

Onehit is determined by where the server thinks the players are, so lag is a factor.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From my own experience you can have four people standing apart but need 6 people standing together.

No idea why the difference.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stand together you need minimum 6 people standing close to the person the boss choose. Those that stand close will survive. Disperse you just have to stay away from the person the boss choose. Amount of people here doesnt matter.
    Boss never choose the person with aggro, and will never choose a person that didnt add any kind of aggro on boss. (aka a person that didnt debuff, attack, heal, etc)

You can let the tank stand on 1 spot with 8 people standing afk hugging the tank, and last person be the only one in squad moving around.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)