nuff dex build crit rate

Shidoshi - Lost City
Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
so when is the nuff for the dex build class coming OR is it ok for class to 100% crit rate. cause its really getting annoying always see high damaging crits everytime or do pwi just don't care.
pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
Post edited by Shidoshi - Lost City on

Comments

• Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Crit rate is capped at 95%
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Crit rate is capped at 95%

wasnt this changed to 99% when pdef/mdef cap was raised to 95%? [not stating as 100% fact, but thinking is how it is now]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's a reason why LA classes need high crit rate and other classes don't.
    Try comparing base damage of different classes.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lol only 95% oh lord.what about the rebuff from aqua impact sage version providing 15% more crit DMG on non players..gotta be insane.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some people at PWE HQ have the task of balancing this game.

I agree that they might not be the most sophisticated game balancers and that balance ****s a bit in extremes in PWI as they always overreact to their previous overreactions. (they first created APS, then killed it as it was OP and in the process caused the assasin class to become the one with the lowest DPS, then crudely fixed that with 2 stupidly OP attacks for them.)

However, the crit rate that has effectively grown over the years is just 1 aspect of this balance. You cannot take it out of the whole context and say it is a problem that some classes crit so often.

Assasins always crit.
    Their weapon damage is very sad though.
    Then again, they now have these OP new skills.
    etc etc etc.

sage barbs and BMs dont crit that often, but they got zerk.

Casters dont crit all that often, but they have a huge DPH causing those rare crits to seriously matter.

etc etc etc. endless discussion, too many aspects.

The truth is though, even if it is taken into account in balancing the classes, that it kind of kills a game mechanic. Crits were there to cause a big variance in DPH. Assasins dont have that anymore. Other classes have it all the more (for casters 5 years ago, there was almost no crit, now they can also have 30% or so with passives and equipment, barbs and BMs can have a significant crit combined with Zerk causing massive variation in DPH)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wasnt this changed to 99% when pdef/mdef cap was raised to 95%? [not stating as 100% fact, but thinking is how it is now]

It was actually the 100% you're talking about, my sin has 71% crit chance and gets 100% with powerdash. Before the change it was indeed 95% the cap.

Mr. Justice
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so when is the nuff for the dex build class coming OR is it ok for class to 100% crit rate. cause its really getting annoying always see high damaging crits everytime or do pwi just don't care.

So, have you not been paying attention to some of the new things in game?

- Wizi - Has a anti-crit skil
    - Stormbringers / Duskblade (can't remember which one) provide a decreased crit damage buff.
    - The new pots from Resource wars, reduce crit damage by 20% or something like that...

PWI has/is combating the crit rate increases.

**Also, visually the max crit rate is 100%, or it shows that on the character screen after I powerdash on my sin.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some people at PWE HQ have the task of balancing this game.

I agree that they might not be the most sophisticated game balancers and that balance ****s a bit in extremes in PWI as they always overreact to their previous overreactions. (they first created APS, then killed it as it was OP and in the process caused the assasin class to become the one with the lowest DPS, then crudely fixed that with 2 stupidly OP attacks for them.)

However, the crit rate that has effectively grown over the years is just 1 aspect of this balance. You cannot take it out of the whole context and say it is a problem that some classes crit so often.

Assasins always crit.
    Their weapon damage is very sad though.
    Then again, they now have these OP new skills.
    etc etc etc.

sage barbs and BMs dont crit that often, but they got zerk.

Casters dont crit all that often, but they have a huge DPH causing those rare crits to seriously matter.

etc etc etc. endless discussion, too many aspects.

The truth is though, even if it is taken into account in balancing the classes, that it kind of kills a game mechanic. Crits were there to cause a big variance in DPH. Assasins dont have that anymore. Other classes have it all the more (for casters 5 years ago, there was almost no crit, now they can also have 30% or so with passives and equipment, barbs and BMs can have a significant crit combined with Zerk causing massive variation in DPH)

Hahahaha my veno crits too much! I often have agro stealed =P
    I made her when I was but a noob and didnt follow the recommended build
    Or anyof the builds. So her HP and crit are too high for a veno, hoewever I preffer my strange build =D
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    So, have you not been paying attention to some of the new things in game?

- Wizi - Has a anti-crit skil
    - Stormbringers / Duskblade (can't remember which one) provide a decreased crit damage buff.
    - The new pots from Resource wars, reduce crit damage by 20% or something like that...

PWI has/is combating the crit rate increases.

**Also, visually the max crit rate is 100%, or it shows that on the character screen after I powerdash on my sin.

1 i'm not a wizard
    2 you lose the buff changing instance's
    3 reduce damage by 20% SO whats the reducion when your hit by a dex class when they crit 22k. MIND that i am in r93rd gear
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1 i'm not a wizard
    Dammit harry potter.
    And you can recast it the second you've entered, if you don't cast it, you're an idiot. That's like saying you're unable to get buffs in a squad after you died where the squads consist of a cleric, barb, bm, sin, mystic and seeker, because reasons.
    3 reduce damage by 20% SO whats the reducion when your hit by a dex class when they crit 22k. MIND that i am in r93rd gear
    Crit has little to do with receiving insane amounts of damage nowadays, spirit is the big thing now. You probably need to up that.

Also, if you get hit 22k from just a crit without zerk, you're doing something horribly wrong as a BM. Or you're debuffed to hell. Or you're unrefined as hell.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1 i'm not a wizard

If you're getting hit for 22K by an archer then they vastly outgear you. You'd probably only hit them for 500 damage given the obvious spirit/defense/attack level disparity.

If you're getting hit for 22K by an Assassin or a Duskblade, it is because they zerk-critted, and had you debuffed (subsea, extreme poision, etc). Not critted alone.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1 i'm not a wizard

The point of my response, is PWI is trying to add anti-crit things.
    1) Glad you realized this.
    2) If you're in squad, you can ask the storm to rebuff. NBD. Same as invigorate.
    2 ---- If a veno or archer or whatever purges you, then you gotta rebuff everything anyways.
    3) Reduces crit damage 20% its not much right now, but its something... pwi has added some anti crit.... and probably will add more later on....

22k hit. The damage is based on a ton of factors. gear, cards, buffs, debuffs, etc..
    Archers could spank you with a metal attack for 22k crit. Its not saying anything.
    If you're getting hit for 22K by an archer then they vastly outgear you. You'd probably only hit them for 500 damage given the obvious spirit/defense/attack level disparity.

If you're getting hit for 22K by an Assassin or a Duskblade, it is because they zerk-critted, and had you debuffed (subsea, extreme poision, etc). Not critted alone.

Like i said above.... it depends on a lot of factors. Archer doesn't need to outgear. BM could just be in physical marrow, archer pops a metal skill and crits and boom. 22k easy.
    Also, if you get hit 22k from just a crit without zerk, you're doing something horribly wrong as a BM. Or you're debuffed to hell. Or you're unrefined as hell.

Refines only on ornaments. Refines in gear only add HP... Doesn't add to tankiness.
    And he doesn't need to be doing something wrong to get beat up at 22k. it happens.

This BM is just QQ cuz he got hit hard.... b:shutup
    I'm R93rd pretty high lvls, decent cards maxed, etc.... still i get hit 15k from people all the time. QQ.... Stuff happens... if you don't wanna get hit so hard.. go get full JoSD and nuema portal.
    then if you get hit 22k. get screenies.... (btw, 22k even with full nuema and JoSD is totally possible.)
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited February 2015
    The point of my response, is PWI is trying to add anti-crit things.
    1) Glad you realized this.
    2) If you're in squad, you can ask the storm to rebuff. NBD. Same as invigorate.
    2 ---- If a veno or archer or whatever purges you, then you gotta rebuff everything anyways.
    3) Reduces crit damage 20% its not much right now, but its something... pwi has added some anti crit.... and probably will add more later on....

22k hit. The damage is based on a ton of factors. gear, cards, buffs, debuffs, etc..
    Archers could spank you with a metal attack for 22k crit. Its not saying anything.

Like i said above.... it depends on a lot of factors. Archer doesn't need to outgear. BM could just be in physical marrow, archer pops a metal skill and crits and boom. 22k easy.

Refines only on ornaments. Refines in gear only add HP... Doesn't add to tankiness.
    And he doesn't need to be doing something wrong to get beat up at 22k. it happens.

This BM is just QQ cuz he got hit hard.... b:shutup
    I'm R93rd pretty high lvls, decent cards maxed, etc.... still i get hit 15k from people all the time. QQ.... Stuff happens... if you don't wanna get hit so hard.. go get full JoSD and nuema portal.
    then if you get hit 22k. get screenies.... (btw, 22k even with full nuema and JoSD is totally possible.)

so basically drop thousands of dollars in game to get good gear. f that.
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so basically drop thousands of dollars in game to get good gear. f that.
    Their not that tough. Don't let the high damage fool you, They pay a price for it. They have lower defenses, You should hit them hard as well, Probably Not as hard, But enough to have the advantage, If you're a Blademaster (the best class) Then Stun them before they hit you 22k. And like that annoying guy said, you probably need refines. However if your just Rank 9 , average type, You dont have a chance against a +12 sin/archer OR any class who has full JOSD or vit stones. Or god forbid full attack lvl stones. The spirit matters, but you shouldn't be that behind right? as long as your not walking around with C or B Cards then the spirit difference can be diminished with Skill. You cant do anything against a +12. That's the real Reason you're getting Hit 22k.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    SPIRIT !!!!! all u ever need - maxed out ppl can get 800-1k spirit. u got less than that? ur nonfactor - as easy as that -