Lyceaum Quest

Kalishana - Archosaur
Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Venomancer
I can't seem to ctrl+click skill in this instance.

Now before I get the "Noob, turn on PK mode/uncheck protections!"... I have already done that.

Is there something else I'm missing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
Post edited by Kalishana - Archosaur on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Target guard/puffbird, hold down ctrl, click human form attack skill on skill bar while in PK mode (I don't think protections matter.) The few mobs you need to attack directly don't need ctrl to be held down for (noxious for the turtle, purge for the little dino, soul degen for the cacto, stunning blow and nova for the rex; your pet takes the foxes.)

It really is as simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    I apologize. Forgot to mention I was already in human form.

Also for more clarity: It is currently impossible for me to activate guards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Are you clicking on the skill on your skill bar, as opposed to using a hotkey?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited January 2015
    I can't seem to ctrl+click skill in this instance.

Read OP. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamaphoenix
    iamaphoenix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello, I have been trying for a week and I still can not activate the guards. I do go into PK mode by attacking and setting my pet on the puff bird but I still can not get the instance to start. Any help would be appreciated. Please note I am not a noob- I think the instance is currently broken. I have 2 101 Venos- one heavy and on aa. My first veno easily evolved her pets because pk mode wasn't needed. The newer one can not. Thank you
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Did you try sending a ticket?

I don't know... :/ it works for me. Might be a client issue? Could try verifying the files. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • iamaphoenix
    edited February 2015
    Did you try sending a ticket?

I don't know... :/ it works for me. Might be a client issue? Could try verifying the files. Not sure if it will help but it's worth a try.

Yes Desdi I did- they say they are not responsible if it is broken. I am going to open another ticket showing myself pink named in the instance with the screen saying something to the effect of that option does not work when hitting ctrl and attack.
  • iamaphoenix
    edited February 2015
    Thought I had a screenshot--Are y'all able to take a screenshot in there?
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You did relog after turning pink named, right? So that you'd be white named when logging in again.

If yeah... I can't think of anything else either that you have been doing incorrect and it just sounds like an error. If you want, you could record how you do just for us all to double check you remembered doing everything required to start the instance.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • iamaphoenix
    edited February 2015
    Ok- I tried taking a screenshot when pink named and hitting ctrl and attack. A message pops up that function is not working. Ironically it wont let me take a screenshot of that particular moment. I can take screenshots wen in there- it find this all in all peculiar. If you can teach me how to make a video I will do so- thank you for you help. :)
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there a limit to how many guards you can activate? I can only seem to activate one guard by ctrl+clicking a scarab. Tried attacking the rest of the guards the same way but nothing happens. Luckily, yesterday, I AOE'd the mobs + guard and that activated a second guard. I tried to repeat the AOE again on a different guard but it didn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    You need a current score of 100+ to activate a guard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanada_X - Dreamweaver
    Sanada_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    isn't there supposed to be a 2nd npc spawning that is supposed to give you a quest to trade in 1 feral soul for 40 or 140 for the first time? i have seen that npc in videos but whenever i do the instance she never spawns.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    It was a time limited event it seems. It was removed a long time ago.
    I don't understand why though. Collecting FSS takes a long time already. Removing that NPC was unnecessary.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    That second NPC that traded 1 feral soul star for some quantity (forget how many), as well as the quest to get bonus feral soul stars for the first time, got removed a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok- I tried taking a screenshot when pink named and hitting ctrl and attack. A message pops up that function is not working. Ironically it wont let me take a screenshot of that particular moment. I can take screenshots wen in there- it find this all in all peculiar. If you can teach me how to make a video I will do so- thank you for you help. :)

Almost everyone is chasing ghosts and looking for problems where they are absent here.
    One person already mentioned this on the first page, but you've overlooked it.

CTRL+Click literally means you have to CLICK on the skill icon in your quickbar on the screen while holding CTRL button. I hope that's clear enough.

Because you only get on screen pop-up that function is not available when you hit hotkeys 1-8 while holding CTRL. b:shocked
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2015
    Lycaeum can now be done by reborn venos even if they're under 100. (Did it on a 2RB level 91 venos just now.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2015
    That's great!
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ltea wrote: »
    Almost everyone is chasing ghosts and looking for problems where they are absent here.
    One person already mentioned this on the first page, but you've overlooked it.

CTRL+Click literally means you have to CLICK on the skill icon in your quickbar on the screen while holding CTRL button. I hope that's clear enough.

Because you only get on screen pop-up that function is not available when you hit hotkeys 1-8 while holding CTRL. b:shocked

I dont hit hotkeys. I click on the icon. Ctrl+click dosn't work for me. Diffrence is that I dont get the popup window. I get nothing at all
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lycaeum can now be done by reborn venos even if they're under 100. (Did it on a 2RB level 91 venos just now.)

oooh o.o thats good to know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Woooh!!! b:dirty that's great! So we can evolve our pets before reach lvl 100 again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Woooh!!! b:dirty that's great! So we can evolve our pets before reach lvl 100 again!

Will it let us level our pets past our current level o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Will it let us level our pets past our current level o.O

My hypothesis is yes... From the fact that you can summon pets higher than your level on rebirth. There is a cap (60 levels difference? Its been awhile since i rbed my veno) that may stop you.

Any concrete evidence would be nice.

As to OPs post:
    Hello, I have been trying for a week and I still can not activate the guards. I do go into PK mode by attacking and setting my pet on the puff bird but I still can not get the instance to start.

Are you actually entering pk mode? Simply trying to attack a guard does not move you into pk mode, nor does going pink named. You must either glitch pk mode (please search for tutorials on the forums) or enter it and stay in that mode by clicking on the shield icon above your hp bar and about 1/3 of the way down the window that pops up, clicking the swords icon for entering pk mode.

Once that has been done you should be able to hit the guards.