Bug Reports

Options
allanabesha
allanabesha Posts: 19 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Why is it, that since this new bloody expansion everyone's and myself is having these bloody bug reports????? .. i've red all the sticky out there about these ive done everything they said.. no mismatched ram drivers all upto date. windows upto date.. but it seems everytime only my MAIN account DC's... now just like the new classes. that thingy that builds up those 3 balls.. my main got that.. only him but it does nothing (mystic)... my alts on different accounts do not have this.. i can leave my alts log'd in for days w/o dc'ing or bug reports.. but i leave my main account log'd in for like 2hrs and it bug reports?? doesnt sound like a pc problem... sounds more like a pwi problem... anyone knows how to fix this????
Post edited by allanabesha on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why is it that you cannot post in the right forum or read sticky threads before posting?

Surely if you had read that thread you would be posting what I ask for where you need to post it.b:chuckle

Unless, of course, you don't really want an answer and just want to whine. Then you can ignore this post completely just like you ignored my sticky. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • allanabesha
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ive alrdy read those stuff.. read what i said again carefully mate.. didnt link it because it doesnt work for me.. it's not my pc. cauz i can run higher graphics games than pwi w/o having any of these stuff happen.. since expansion it seems only main accounts crash and that's a pwi problem they need fix.
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why is it, that since this new bloody expansion everyone's and myself is having these bloody bug reports????? .. i've red all the sticky out there about these ive done everything they said.. no mismatched ram drivers all upto date. windows upto date.. but it seems everytime only my MAIN account DC's... now just like the new classes. that thingy that builds up those 3 balls.. my main got that.. only him but it does nothing (mystic)... my alts on different accounts do not have this.. i can leave my alts log'd in for days w/o dc'ing or bug reports.. but i leave my main account log'd in for like 2hrs and it bug reports?? doesnt sound like a pc problem... sounds more like a pwi problem... anyone knows how to fix this????

I have the same exact problem with the bug reports, i am totally sick of it, i have checked everything just as you have, there is nothing wrong with my comp it's some kind of bug with the game imo. It only happens on my mains account when i have her logged in such bs.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    PWE: If you don't have something going wrong.....then something's wrong.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since the expansion ive been talking about the bug reports...still waiting for them to do one single update since it happened to see if they fix it....but they havent done anything much except for server restarts

Im still doing the little work around that I discovered by myself....when i want to sit in reflection I just get things set up then close off the client then restart it and turn on the reflection timer then minimize the game and i dont get a bug report and can stay online for hours if i want to

constant gameplay im still limited to 2 hours then I have to restart the client or ill get the bug report...one of these days they'll figure out why its not dumping out the memory

with the game minimized the client stays between 700 to 900k memory, with the game open it builds to over 2 mill before the system crashes
    banner01.jpg
  • allanabesha
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yah.... and they seem to be doing nothing about it... it's not your pc it's a bad file.. and doing those stupid little test 3 times dont help..
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ive alrdy read those stuff.. read what i said again carefully mate.. didnt link it because it doesnt work for me.. it's not my pc. cauz i can run higher graphics games than pwi w/o having any of these stuff happen.. since expansion it seems only main accounts crash and that's a pwi problem they need fix.

I read the dribble you posted. If you really want help with the issue, give me the information I ask for along with the exact steps and troubleshooting you have performed. (In intricate detail.)

@zoner.. dafuq?

@barber, your client is corrupted. They fixed that memory leak issue for 32-bit systems ages ago. Sounds like you've probably got a few other issues there too.

@allanabesha then do it 4, and don't forget to exclude the damn client from your AV software. running the scans when you don't fix the cause of the issue won't change a thing.

All you guys need to do is give me what I ask for in my sticky thread, and there's a damn good chance I can walk you through resolving it.

The alternative is to sit here whining, and blaming the company for a client that works perfectly fine for 98% of the people out there. I mean really, how stupid is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • barber
    edited February 2015
    Options

@barber, your client is corrupted. They fixed that memory leak issue for 32-bit systems ages ago. Sounds like you've probably got a few other issues there too.

The alternative is to sit here whining, and blaming the company for a client that works perfectly fine for 98% of the people out there. I mean really, how stupid is that?

It has nothing to do with a 32 bit system...I have a 32 bit system and a 64 bit system....on the 32 bit bug report happens when the memory climbs to over 2 mill....on the 64 bit the bug report happens when the memory climbs to over 3 mill

as far client goes i've verified a hundred times on both pcs. Uninstalled arc and PW multiple times and even did searches for any file associated with PW and got rid of everything and done clean installs from there

The only similarity between the 2 pcs are that they are running Vista Home Premium and Norton Security with Backup

as far as the 98% not having problems I'd say its closer 60% to 70%, the other people, from the tons of people I've talked to in game, just play through it and don't post on the forums

EDIT: on a side note I have not complained in the least, all I've done when people post about this problem is tell them a work around so they can at least sit in reflection and/or set up a kittyshop so the client wont bug report on them..
    banner01.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Options
    barber wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with a 32 bit system...I have a 32 bit system and a 64 bit system....on the 32 bit bug report happens when the memory climbs to over 2 mill....on the 64 bit the bug report happens when the memory climbs to over 3 mill

as far client goes i've verified a hundred times on both pcs. Uninstalled arc and PW multiple times and even did searches for any file associated with PW and got rid of everything and done clean installs from there

The only similarity between the 2 pcs are that they are running Vista Home Premium and Norton Security with Backup

as far as the 98% not having problems I'd say its closer 60% to 70%, the other people, from the tons of people I've talked to in game, just play through it and don't post on the forums

EDIT: on a side note I have not complained in the least, all I've done when people post about this problem is tell them a work around so they can at least sit in reflection and/or set up a kittyshop so the client wont bug report on them..

The client exceeding 2GB was fixed many patches ago. If you're having that issue, then there is definitely a problem with your client. Norton also happens to be one of the most notorious programs for causing issues with the client. A clean install won't mean jack if you don't fix the issue with Norton.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got new pc 2 weeks ago or so
    So far havent gotten any bug reports or anything
    till yesterday i tried to log in but it said: file corrupted and i couldnt log in

guild mates told me to verify. but i think its been more than 10h and its still stuck at half o.o

im not much of a computer genius xD
    but how come downloading and installing this game in pc took less than 1-2h and i could play, but verify takes ages.
    b:surrender
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got new pc 2 weeks ago or so
    So far havent gotten any bug reports or anything
    till yesterday i tried to log in but it said: file corrupted and i couldnt log in

guild mates told me to verify. but i think its been more than 10h and its still stuck at half o.o

im not much of a computer genius xD
    but how come downloading and installing this game in pc took less than 1-2h and i could play, but verify takes ages.
    b:surrender

That's usually a sign that you have not excluded the Arc/Client folders from your antivirus software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yet people do not post the asked information which could actually provide them some help...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • allanabesha
    edited February 2015
    Options
    what exactly is it you want us to post?? our pc specs??
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The client exceeding 2GB was fixed many patches ago. If you're having that issue, then there is definitely a problem with your client.

I'm going to tell you straight up that I'm a software engineer and "computer expert." I put a debugger on PW because it was crashing for me as well. From what I saw, the client does indeed have a NEW leak in it. I remember when the other leak was fixed. However, this leak is different and takes much more time to become evident (client needs to be opened for many, many hours). I'm not sure what, but an object is instantiating and not being cleaned up in memory. It is not fixable by any of us without patching the client by hand after finding which object(s) is/are not being cleaned up. However, I'm not really in the mood for taking the time to find out.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • allanabesha
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm going to tell you straight up that I'm a software engineer and "computer expert." I put a debugger on PW because it was crashing for me as well. From what I saw, the client does indeed have a NEW leak in it. I remember when the other leak was fixed. However, this leak is different and takes much more time to become evident (client needs to be opened for many, many hours). I'm not sure what, but an object is instantiating and not being cleaned up in memory. It is not fixable by any of us without patching the client by hand after finding which object(s) is/are not being cleaned up. However, I'm not really in the mood for taking the time to find out.

what do you think might be causing this. i'm no expert in all this but.. while going through pwi folder i found the bugreport folder. do you think deleting this might stop it?
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    what do you think might be causing this. i'm no expert in all this but.. while going through pwi folder i found the bugreport folder. do you think deleting this might stop it?

I strongly doubt it. I've been attempting to watch it more. It appears to be tied into this other bug that can happen where some of the game animation will suddenly appear to be going a lot faster. Shrinking the game may have something to do with these problems as it seems to drive the issue exponentially. I would also like to note being around lots of players (while game is shrinked) for a period of time will cause the memory to increase significantly in what appears to be a very obvious leak, as the memory allocated does not decrease as much as it inflated. The game should not need to allocate 3GB of memory to handle many players. Let me say I don't know if the player leak is related to the other leak I was speaking of.

Also, it could be many things causing this problem. If the GUI keeps having to reinitalize GUI objects (skills, character stats, etc.), that aren't being destroyed, it could cause an unintentional build up, albeit, I doubt the GUI has anything to do with this issue.

Edit: Are you a cleric by any chance?
    Edit: The bug where items aren't displayed in chat is not related to this bug it seems. I thought it might be related, but it appears to be an unrelated bug.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
    edited February 2015
    Options
    what exactly is it you want us to post?? our pc specs??
    Most commonly, a link to a published Speccy report and the output saved from dxdiag. If you read my sticky, it will answer your question and provide you with instructions on how to perform that.
    That would be similar to the garbage collection issue they had previously. More after your next post...
    That is for the tool that runs when your client crashes. It's something that is part of the game and they turn it on when they are trying to collect data. If pwprotector.exe notices that there is a client crash, it collects the data dump, shows a windows for you to enter information, and then sends the data off to the dev's in China.
    I strongly doubt it. I've been attempting to watch it more. It appears to be tied into this other bug that can happen where some of the game animation will suddenly appear to be going a lot faster. Shrinking the game may have something to do with these problems as it seems to drive the issue exponentially. I would also like to note being around lots of players (while game is shrinked) for a period of time will cause the memory to increase significantly in what appears to be a very obvious leak, as the memory allocated does not decrease as much as it inflated. The game should not need to allocate 3GB of memory to handle many players. Let me say I don't know if the player leak is related to the other leak I was speaking of.

Also, it could be many things causing this problem. If the GUI keeps having to reinitalize GUI objects (skills, character stats, etc.), that aren't being destroyed, it could cause an unintentional build up, albeit, I doubt the GUI has anything to do with this issue.

Edit: Are you a cleric by any chance?
    Edit: The bug where items aren't displayed in chat is not related to this bug it seems. I thought it might be related, but it appears to be an unrelated bug.
    The first issue you're describing sounds a lot like what I've seen when either the security software, or another video codec, interferes with the operation of the client. I'm not sure what you mean by "shrinking" though. If you mean to minimize the window, then that makes the client run at half speed. It should have the opposite effect of what you are describing though.

Your thoughts on the GUI are close, but the old bug was basically that it did this with the CPU and RAM as the client doesn't make use of the GPU. It was basically the client's engine not cleaning up after itself and not dumping objects that were no longer needed.

A temporary solution for your memory issue would be MiniMem on a 32-bit system, or running the 4GBpatch on a 64-bit system. (The latter not really being a sanctioned fix, but works really well.)

As you are one of the more intelligent players here, I'd really like to get a look at the data from your systems having the issue and discussing this further.
    I personally have tested running the client full-screen with a resolution of 2880x1620, graphics fully enabled, and even left that minimized overnight. The RAM useage from the client never went above about 1.6GB of RAM useage. (BTW, using DSR with the client.... not a real hot idea. font's don't re-scale and you can't read anything because they end up too small.)
    My catshop that runs at 1280x1024 with the settings on minimum and runs 24-7 and is usually minimized rarely gets over 800MB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • barber
    edited February 2015
    Options
    On a side note about Norton on my pcs...excluding the client files and running verify 3 times then restarting comps has no effect on me getting the bug reports, they still happen after a constant 2 hour gameplay session...it happens even after doing all that, even tried it again last night when i got home from work

it'll get figured out one of these days
    banner01.jpg
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    barber wrote: »
    On a side note about Norton on my pcs...excluding the client files and running verify 3 times then restarting comps has no effect on me getting the bug reports, they still happen after a constant 2 hour gameplay session...it happens even after doing all that, even tried it again last night when i got home from work

it'll get figured out one of these days

Since your issue seems slightly different (because it crashes so fast), is PW installed on an external hard drive (read HDD, not SSD) that is allowed to stop its disk from spinning (disk sleep)? If so, when PW attempts to read it, if the disk is not active quick enough PW has a hissy fit and will sometimes exit upon that. I saw it on one of the dumps.
    The first issue you're describing sounds a lot like what I've seen when either the security software, or another video codec, interferes with the operation of the client. I'm not sure what you mean by "shrinking" though. If you mean to minimize the window, then that makes the client run at half speed. It should have the opposite effect of what you are describing though.

By shrinking I meant minimizing. As for security software, no it's not that. My security software isn't allowed to watch files on the system (by watch I mean, open and read) because it was slowing down my compilation time in VS one time, while it was causing disk thrashing simultaneously.
    Your thoughts on the GUI are close, but the old bug was basically that it did this with the CPU and RAM as the client doesn't make use of the GPU. It was basically the client's engine not cleaning up after itself and not dumping objects that were no longer needed.

GUI objects are stored in RAM. More specifically, they are stored in heap. Their textures are stored on the GPU's RAM.
    A temporary solution for your memory issue would be MiniMem on a 32-bit system, or running the 4GBpatch on a 64-bit system. (The latter not really being a sanctioned fix, but works really well.)

Already have the patch.
    As you are one of the more intelligent players here, I'd really like to get a look at the data from your systems having the issue and discussing this further.

I personally have tested running the client full-screen with a resolution of 2880x1620, graphics fully enabled, and even left that minimized overnight. The RAM usage from the client never went above about 1.6GB of RAM usage. (BTW, using DSR with the client.... not a real hot idea. font's don't re-scale and you can't read anything because they end up too small.)
    My catshop that runs at 1280x1024 with the settings on minimum and runs 24-7 and is usually minimized rarely gets over 800MB.

Anyways, I think I've figured this one out partially actually. It looks like if the program has trouble reading-in a file, it leaves an unused object in memory. Then when it's happened enough times, then it crashes. To be specific, it has trouble reading-in many audio files (because they don't exist). Didn't see issues with any other type of files other than audio files. The audio files in question appear to be strongly related to clerics. Still looking into it though. In short though, I think clerics are crashing the game.

Edit: By the way, yes, I verified my game.
    Edit: The Infliction genie has a sound that is not loading and causing this issue. On my characters that have the infliction genie, this issue is quite persistent. However, with my cleric which also has an infliction genie, the memory builds up 3-times as fast as everyone else.

Edit: Oh, do you want to see my system by the way. Here's are the CPU-Z and GPU-Z links. I built this computer pretty cheaply and am quite happy with it.
    CPU-Z: http://valid.canardpc.com/c3hf5w
    GPU-Z: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=2q3zb

• barber
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since your issue seems slightly different (because it crashes so fast), is PW installed on an external hard drive (read HDD, not SSD) that is allowed to stop its disk from spinning (disk sleep)? If so, when PW attempts to read it, if the disk is not active quick enough PW has a hissy fit and will sometimes exit upon that. I saw it on one of the dumps.

Hi, and nope my hard drive is internal...600gb western digital if i remember right from when i built it years ago
    banner01.jpg
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Shouldn't this thread be in tech support? Not that I am one to point such things out....b:victory
  • Nagibatel - Lost City
    Nagibatel - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Me too experience abnormal usage my RAM last time. Week ago my client used 800-1400mb RAM, now one client from two (client with main character sin) after 4-5 hour playing go to over 2GB RAM and terrible lag begining (fps go down). Than i need close this client and start again.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How sad....now PWI players are providing their own tech support for each other because PWE can't fix ****. I say lets all just blame ARC and leave it at that. As someone else said though...this should be in tech support. A mod really needs to move this thread.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Me too experience abnormal usage my RAM last time. Week ago my client used 800-1400mb RAM, now one client from two (client with main character sin) after 4-5 hour playing go to over 2GB RAM and terrible lag begining (fps go down). Than i need close this client and start again.

Okay, for anyone having this issue quoted above, would you mind waiting until your game crashes and then uploading the crash dump somewhere. I'd really love to get my hands on it. It may provide much greater answers than what I currently have. I'd also like to verify whether or not it's the same issue.
    How sad....now PWI players are providing their own tech support for each other because PWE can't fix ****. I say lets all just blame ARC and leave it at that. As someone else said though...this should be in tech support. A mod really needs to move this thread.

ARC has absolutely nothing to do with any of this, so sadly I can't blame it. Also, I think all of the PW forum mods quit simultaneously.

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The client exceeding 2GB was fixed many patches ago. If you're having that issue, then there is definitely a problem with your client.

Actually I 've noticed the same thing since the last big upgrade. This happens to several people who let the game on H24, especially while using auto-culti.
    On my old laptop I have two report bugs at least by day. I notice the first one when I wake up, then I restart and go to work. And I notice the second one when I'm back from work in the evening. Every day. When I can be there to check a little, I notice the memory will increase to 2GB and then the report bug will happen when I am out of memory (when the game use around 2,1 or 2,2 GB)
    If I can restart the game before that, then it will start back at 500mb and it will be fine until it reaches 2GB. So I would say that for this laptop the bug will happen after 5-6 hours of continuous gaming.
    I know this is due to my laptop but before this upgrade my client was able to run maybe a week without any restart. Now it needs 2-3 restarts a day.
    I can face the same issue on my other computer, but more rarely because it is really more powerful. I know also several people that were able to let the game run several days without any problem before this expansion and now get bug reports here and there. I also heard about people that just can't run the game anymore.

My point is that those are not isolated issues and event if it's obviously related to the hardware used, there had also been a change in the game during last upgrade. This is a fact. Maybe the ressources are not managed the same way or maybe it just requires more memory. But bug reports are really more frequent (just need to look at the forum while knowing some people totally left or just don't want to say it on the forum because this is useless), and this 2gb memory thing has been noticed by several people as well.
    And those report bugs do affect people that had been playing this game several years without any issue..
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ksfe
    ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

i put this in general discussion because it seems like when i put or others put in tech support. nothing is done about it. so in general discussion at least everyone gets to say what problems they're having and maybe the gms will get off their butts and do something about it. maybe it is arc maybe they just messed something up while updating.. pwi seems to break stuff while trying to fix it. i think that statement speaks clearly if you've been playing this game for last 2years+
  • Nagibatel - Lost City
    Nagibatel - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    my client not crashes atm mb 1-2 times per week, it's just begin use alot RAM and ingame start terible lag, fps like 7-8, so i forced to close client and restart.
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I myself have had this problem since the last expansion to PWI, and for me it seems toon selected. i have 4 actives on the same account (psy, cleric, wiz, and mystic) and for that only cleric and wiz will bug report......my cat shop cleric on another account by herself bug reports constantly, however my seeker will not bug report at all. It is quite frustrating and irritating to all hell especially when i'm trying to heal on my cleric .-. but i just force boot and keep doin whatever it is i'm doing; mind you my language has been quite colourful to say the least when it does happen xD hopefully something gets fixed about it :/
  • ksfe
    ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    some said before they can find it but dont want to atm. if u can advise me on how i go about doing that will be a big help at least i'll have somewhere to start from