Can PWI change new time of TW for older time?? pls..?

Options
_NanbuK_ - Dreamweaver
_NanbuK_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hello all ,
so i very like TW, but i cant do anymore because now tw time is on mornings...b:sad
Can PWI change the time for nights?b:thanks
Post edited by _NanbuK_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Supposedly they are working on it. Why it takes them SO long to make a simple change in the code is beyond me. We should have had this patched a LONG time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltea
    ltea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello all ,
    so i very like TW, but i cant do anymore because now tw time is on mornings...b:sad
    Can PWI change the time for nights?b:thanks

I personally hope they won't ever revert TW times back.
    9 am isn't such a bad time. You can easily wake for that if TW matters to you.
    I personally was TW'ing at 3 am for years - since 2009 on Dreamveawer, so 9 am compared to that is a perfect time. b:chuckle
    Gracess (rb2 102 Cleric) - Dreamveawer
    GraceStorm (rb2 102 Stormbringer) - Dreamveawer
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why it takes them SO long to make a simple change in the code is beyond me.

http://imgur.com/MlxRcFp
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ltea wrote: »
    I personally hope they won't ever revert TW times back.
    9 am isn't such a bad time. You can easily wake for that if TW matters to you.
    I personally was TW'ing at 3 am for years - since 2009 on Dreamveawer, so 9 am compared to that is a perfect time. b:chuckle

Its not just about waking up.
    Most ppl are working at 9am server time too.

I do feel sorry for europe players in West/East server

maybe PWI should invent server change stoneb:surrender (some other games had it)
    for example 25-50 gold and can be done 1 time b:shutup

But i guess PWI will take a while to fix this, meanwhile europe ppl can enjoy TW ;)
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Its not just about waking up.
    Most ppl are working at 9am server time too.

I do feel sorry for europe players in West/East server

maybe PWI should invent server change stoneb:surrender (some other games had it)
    for example 25-50 gold and can be done 1 time b:shutup

But i guess PWI will take a while to fix this, meanwhile europe ppl can enjoy TW ;)

Do really majority of americans work on saturday morning? b:sad
    Of course, there are SOME, but I somehow don't believe it's a majority.
    People work in various times and some fixed time will never work for ALL - I'm sure there are people, that are working late shifts and previous TW time wasn't suitable for them as well.

And omg, YES, server change stone would be the best idea ever.
    Of course, it should be expensive as hell to prevent people "cheating" cross-server economy, i.e. bringing a toon to end-game on a server where gold is 2 mil and then moving to server where gold is 4 mil.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    People work in various times and some fixed time will never work for ALL - I'm sure there are people, that are working late shifts and previous TW time wasn't suitable for them as well.

Of course, it should be expensive as hell to prevent people "cheating" cross-server economy, i.e. bringing a toon to end-game on a server where gold is 2 mil and then moving to server where gold is 4 mil.

It's enough that we've had over a 60% drop in our attendance.

The main point is that they are incorrect, and it needs to be corrected. If you're in Europe, good for you. You knew the servers were based on East/West time zones when you joined. You can accept that they aren't going to cater to you.
    Oh wait, there's an EU server now, isn't there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Americans work way more than you spoiled Easterners. Our labor system is jacked beyond belief.

You guys need to understand: PWI just is not their bread and butter anymore, so they don't give 2 ****s.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options

ppl on South America work on Saturdays. Im not 100% sure about all countrys but most do.
    East server time is pretty close to South America time, for some 1-3 h difference
    b:surrender
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well even if not everyone work on Saturdays... those people want to have a relaxing and nice Friday and maybe stay up late so waking up early at Saturday isnt as easy as it goes, especially considering some people just aren't morning persons.

Btw I'm European and didnt mind the night TW timeslot.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Where I am (Canada), the people who work in government or some big corporations are really the only ones with assured weekends off, because 90% of businesses here are open at least on Saturdays, and most on Sundays also. Even banks are open on Saturdays now even though they weren't in the past.

That's not to say that the majority of people work every Saturday - a lot of people have changing shifts and not set schedules - but I think it is safe to say that a lot more people work Saturdays than they do night shifts, since there are far less businesses open late.

I don't do TW so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I know I'd be missing the Saturday battles if I did.

(Also, I always did think a one-time use server change stone SPECIFICALLY for transfer to EU servers would be an awesome idea)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The main point is that they are incorrect, and it needs to be corrected. If you're in Europe, good for you. You knew the servers were based on East/West time zones when you joined. You can accept that they aren't going to cater to you.
    Oh wait, there's an EU server now, isn't there?

Yes, good for me, cause I'm in Europe. And I enjoy "incorrect" TW times while they last.
    And yes, I completely understand that I'd be way better off playing in EU server because nobody's catering to me.
    But oh, wait, I play since 2009, when there were no EU server. (Arc still displays my toon on Mommaganon - EU server that doesn't exist anymore)

Again, PWI can't cater to everyone. Even when TW times weren't "wrong", there were people that were unable to attend TW due to some reasons and it was normal.
    Now the whole fuss is about that people, that previously could attend TW, can't now, and people, that couldn't before, now can.
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Yes a lot of people work weekends. I'm 1 of them since I work in retail. It's obviously enough of a difference that guilds are noticing it and people are complaining about it. Don't forget that since people work all week, weekends are usually reserved for running errands. So for me, being in central time on the west coast server, it's smack dab in running for errands time or my shift at work. At the old TW time I could do errands/work and come back in time to do TW.

This is my first solid 6 months coming back and before I saw someone said that it's happened before and it was fixed fairly quickly.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sondok wrote: »
    Yes a lot of people work weekends. I'm 1 of them since I work in retail. It's obviously enough of a difference that guilds are noticing it and people are complaining about it. Don't forget that since people work all week, weekends are usually reserved for running errands. So for me, being in central time on the west coast server, it's smack dab in running for errands time or my shift at work. At the old TW time I could do errands/work and come back in time to do TW.

This is my first solid 6 months coming back and before I saw someone said that it's happened before and it was fixed fairly quickly.

Yeah, last time it happened it took them about two weeks to sort it. Sparkiesoft is a pretty pathetic CM, and it's obvious that PWE doesn't care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah, last time it happened it took them about two weeks to sort it. Sparkiesoft is a pretty pathetic CM, and it's obvious that PWE doesn't care.

I suspect that PWI don't get much from China lately - change of ownership of PWRD may have something to do with that.
    It's a wild guess, but that may be the reason we don't get new content, fixes or anything else.
    Maybe they're silently reorganizing the company, maybe fired some jackasses that coded so much stupid **** in this game and didn't find their replacements yet. b:laugh

No need to insult or blame sparkie - I believe he already has his hands full and not everything is in his control.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I suspect that PWI don't get much from China lately - change of ownership of PWRD may have something to do with that.
    It's a wild guess, but that may be the reason we don't get new content, fixes or anything else.
    Maybe they're silently reorganizing the company, maybe fired some jackasses that coded so much stupid **** in this game and didn't find their replacements yet. b:laugh

No need to insult or blame sparkie - I believe he already has his hands full and not everything is in his control.

Wonder if pwi is heading towards death?
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wonder if pwi is heading towards death?

I'm pretty sure no one's tossing away an old money machine that still farts cash out.
    If my guess would be right, PWRD would put more effort into fixing and bettering this game.
    It still has a huge potential, just needs to be balanced and lots of content has to be revamped.
    If I'd be the new owner of PWRD, I'd do exactly that.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm pretty sure no one's tossing away an old money machine that still farts cash out.
    If my guess would be right, PWRD would put more effort into fixing and bettering this game.
    It still has a huge potential, just needs to be balanced and lots of content has to be revamped.
    If I'd be the new owner of PWRD, I'd do exactly that.

One would hope so........One would hope it would have effort put into it. But look at things as they are now, not a lot is happening.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Where I am (Canada), the people who work in government or some big corporations are really the only ones with assured weekends off, because 90% of businesses here are open at least on Saturdays, and most on Sundays also. Even banks are open on Saturdays now even though they weren't in the past.

That's not to say that the majority of people work every Saturday - a lot of people have changing shifts and not set schedules - but I think it is safe to say that a lot more people work Saturdays than they do night shifts, since there are far less businesses open late.

I don't do TW so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but I know I'd be missing the Saturday battles if I did.

(Also, I always did think a one-time use server change stone SPECIFICALLY for transfer to EU servers would be an awesome idea)

Jeez, I get every weekend off, weekends off is pretty standard here, unless you work in hospitality, usually the only people who work on weekends are the part timers, full timers generally work monday to friday, and if you do happen to work on weekend then it will be a rotation so for a month you may work tueday to saturday and have sunday and monday off, but other than that its pretty standard monday to friday most places.
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options
    One would hope so........One would hope it would have effort put into it. But look at things as they are now, not a lot is happening.

Hey, the huge expansion alone is a proof they're not planning to let go on this game. It's not like they develop new content for a year, release it, and 2 months after decide they're rather discontinuing the whole game.
    Change in ownership in a company that wasn't doing so well lately only means improvement and changes. That change very well might be increasing support and paying more attention to their products and responses from their customers.
    I play since 2006, know plenty people that still play since 2009 - who would let go of such addicted customers?
    Again, I'm wildly guessing, but 1/3 of my life with this game shows it doesn't go down easily.
    We've seen good and bad times, one of latter even made such an addict like me quit once, but I came back, I've seen probably a billion forum and in-game messages saying "this game is dying", even 5 years ago, when gold price went above 100k, and yet we still play it to this day.
    So I can assure you, PW isn't going down so silently.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey, the huge expansion alone is a proof they're not planning to let go on this game. It's not like they develop new content for a year, release it, and 2 months after decide they're rather discontinuing the whole game.
    Change in ownership in a company that wasn't doing so well lately only means improvement and changes. That change very well might be increasing support and paying more attention to their products and responses from their customers.
    I play since 2006, know plenty people that still play since 2009 - who would let go of such addicted customers?
    Again, I'm wildly guessing, but 1/3 of my life with this game shows it doesn't go down easily.
    We've seen good and bad times, one of latter even made such an addict like me quit once, but I came back, I've seen probably a billion forum and in-game messages saying "this game is dying", even 5 years ago, when gold price went above 100k, and yet we still play it to this day.
    So I can assure you, PW isn't going down so silently.

Well honestly I would have a cry if the game did die, haha I am very attached, thanks to the people over the years, Also I started this game just before genies became a thing...but after the tideborn expansion my join date changed and became 2010, which isnt actually correct! So I have been around for a long time too. I guess it takes time for changes to be implemented as things still seem shaky with the game.
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I hope they will hurry fixing those times. I'm sick of having my Saturday cut in 2 or 3 by TW. Main reason for going to an EU server was TW times and now I should go back to US server for decent TW time slots ... 8 pm isn't called "prime time" for nothing. Why they make 9 am the main time is beyond me. It's no fun to do a TW on a time that should be productive.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    my faction TW season went to complete **** thanks to this ****ing 9 am time slot since we have really few to no EU players that dont work the saturday, or that can pop the game from the office,

also all our arab players are working,

and it is way too late night for any US\Canadian player playing Morai to be able to attend 9 am TWs

who said that saturday 9 am TW slot isnt bad, he is just a moron

and the complete lack of manteinance is beyond ridicolous
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • ltea
    edited February 2015
    Options

Well, **** off you mother****ing ****head ****, moron yourself.
    QQmoar and both the game and your life will fix themselves.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    my faction TW season went to complete **** thanks to this ****ing 9 am time slot since we have really few to no EU players that dont work the saturday, or that can pop the game from the office,
    What kind of jobs or countries do they live in? Or all they all CEO's of a company or something? Most people I know don't work in weekends

Timezone, different culture

and it is way too late night for any US\Canadian player playing Morai to be able to attend 9 am TWs
    The exact same argument US uses

It isn't, unless you want to either: sleep until 10+ or if you're from a different timezone, or if you have a job that requires work on saturdays.

Seriously though, what country do you people live in that you work on saturdays or what are your jobs?
    No this isn't a get a better job post flame bait attempt, i'm really curious as to why so many people have to work weekends, where they live and what they do since I barely know anyone, if anyone at all, that works on a saturday.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Seriously though, what country do you people live in that you work on saturdays or what are your jobs?
    No this isn't a get a better job post flame bait attempt, i'm really curious as to why so many people have to work weekends, where they live and what they do since I barely know anyone, if anyone at all, that works on a saturday.
    If you're in any kind of retail or support you wouldn't work a M-F job. The business world doesn't come to a halt Friday night ya know. b:surrender

EDIT: Almost forgot the entire Service industry as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iperen
    iperen Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options

I live in France, a country known for it's small business weeks. You should take "work" in a large sense of the work if you ask me. I'd even go to saying it's more about age then anything else. Personally, I barely know anyone that doesn't have obligations on Saturday. My circle of friends are mainly "adults", so even if they don't have their boss to work for, they need their Saturday morning for kids, house chores and all that. The game should be after you're done and have free time, not full of events to bend your rl activities around. It's mainly students/scholars that don't really mind, hence the age comment (nothing wrong with that, been there too thinking I was so busy at that time).

Well, I have my own company so I have quite some flexibility. I can arrange my times to be there for TW at 9 am ... from time to time. But seriously, I need my Saturday morning. "Arranging" means getting up at 4 am, while normally that's 6 or 7, then have a "nice" TW hoping I won't get called all the time, don't have to leave so basically just praying it will be wined, just so I can go back to my work. So much fun for TW, like the main event that I enjoy in this game.

In a way, I'm like you but from the opposite : besides students that swim in free time during weekends (even though they won't notice till later on, no offense), who could possibly not be busy on a Saturday morning ?
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you're in any kind of retail or support you wouldn't work a M-F job. The business world doesn't come to a halt Friday night ya know. b:surrender

EDIT: Almost forgot the entire Service industry as well.

Well yes, I get that, I just don't see the average PWI player doing a support job. Retails might be the majority that covers it, but support no. Or at least I hope they don't.

Service industry I expect even less on the average player.
    But that might be me.

Maybe my view on what the average PWI player is is wrong, maybe there's more *gasp* grown ups playing that I imagine.

I'm in the pool of "just got out of college/uni (depending on where you live and how you call it) a year ago, got a job as programmer during the week, weekend I spend with my GF on going places, playing and watching movies/shows."
    Which is why I love my weekends.
    Soon™
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    there is always ppl working on saturdays(and sundays)
    I know some students who work in cinema and they r the ones who work on weekends (from 10-17:00 as example)

some ppl in argentina who have their own business (shops, cafes etc) they decide to work on saturdays too from 8-14:00pm/16:00pm

it actually doesnt matter which country it is, there is always some1 working on weekends.
    edited February 2015
    Options
    it actually doesnt matter which country it is, there is always some1 working on weekends.
    [/COLOR]

Which means non of the times can cater to everyone, including the 9 am slot.
    Soon™
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

I agree with you and the same has been seen to many factions even my own on the harshlands server, only the big factions that have many EU players are battling it out at that time.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!