Candleflame set

Options
westcoaster78
westcoaster78 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So I was curious to find out how much people have spent to get a Candleflame set b:victory

I have one card so far and not spent a whole lot.b:surrender
Post edited by westcoaster78 on

Comments

• XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know of people spending (or using the equivalent in coin from fsp alts) billions of coins. Because it's random it's really hard to predict how much it will cost you, especially as you need fewer and fewer cards. People also don't usually seem to have an exact idea since every pack theyve opened until now has technically contributed to their quest for candleflame (unless you acccidentally/intentionally devoured one of them, as a friend of mine did, otherwise he'd have his set).

I did some math for it and figured it would generally cost in the realm of 4b (At least on sanctuary) or 6b worth of coins. But I don't remember what I priced coins at for that, and also I'm terrible at statistics. (Which is a problem because one of the last courses I need to graduate is statistical physics... b:cry)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    there is 1 in RT who have the set and some of the card is also rebirth already. he is so tanky with the card.
  • Tiramnia - Sanctuary
    Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I know of people spending (or using the equivalent in coin from fsp alts) billions of coins. Because it's random it's really hard to predict how much it will cost you, especially as you need fewer and fewer cards. People also don't usually seem to have an exact idea since every pack theyve opened until now has technically contributed to their quest for candleflame (unless you acccidentally/intentionally devoured one of them, as a friend of mine did, otherwise he'd have his set).

I did some math for it and figured it would generally cost in the realm of 4b (At least on sanctuary) or 6b worth of coins. But I don't remember what I priced coins at for that, and also I'm terrible at statistics. (Which is a problem because one of the last courses I need to graduate is statistical physics... b:cry)

I love that last part! I sucks at everything so its okay! b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    5/6 cards here currently. Have x3 Ghost Wing, x2 Aohe, and x1 of Locen/Mistress/Gorath.

tbh, I don't know how much has been spent or how many I've opened. I've farmed all the coins/boxes from doing FSP and Drake outside of the few received from promos/codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The free S card i got was from The Warsong City set. I spent already 3 billions coins and got 4/5 A cards so far.
    I have 3 destroyers one, 1 battle, one durability and 2 soulprime. Still cross fingers to get lifeprime one day :D
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You need about 1000-1500 A packs to get full set, and of course last cards is the hardest part b:chuckle
    Got 4 out of 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've opened ~3k A-Packs on my Barb to get the Set, altho I had 2 pieces already 2nd reborned and 2 piece already first reborn by that time.

Just Calc it like that. Each A-Pack could have been ~ 15 C-Packs (cause using coins from alts cuts them in half). Now just multiply 15 with 3000 with ~300k each C-Pack.

13,5b, there you go. I've already opened ~1k A-Packs on my SB and got 3 pieces so far. Hopefully it won't end up as long as it took on my Barb.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    one my friend got 5/6 with 2 bil coins worth of packs

to get the full set i would say that you won't need more than 4bils,
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    took me around 900 packs for full set

what i got is:

Destroyer 2x
    Battle 8 or 9 ( it made me angry getting same card over and over again )
    Dura 1x
    Long 3x
    Lifeprime 3x
    Soulprime 2x
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Man you guys are really lucky as it seems, but I'm used to being the unluckiest **** alive xDD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Got 5/6 only missing mistres

Opened maybe 100 A packs and did not spend any coins on getting A packs. I have been pretty lucky so far. I might save 2 bil to try to get the last one
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Kinda depends on luck.

I have 3 of the same A card. But i dont even have a 3 card set.
    Some people have spent a bunch, and others have just gotten lucky.

I know on Dreamweaver a good handful of people have it and it makes such a big difference.
    Some people even have the cards rebirth.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    All this talk about the sets makes me want to go for it. But right now I'm farming specifically for my duskblade's future +10 gear +12 weapon. I've decided that is the next goal.

But I make in like 2 FSP's per week for my free A card chances. So I'll try to do that more often at the minimum it will increase my chances to get it for free without the use of any coin :D
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I got mine after dropping maybe 400 mil on A packs plus lots of FSP runs (6 toons/day atm)... ended up with six locens before I finally got the Ghost Wing I needed to complete the set.

Still not even done leveling all of them b:surrender
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i have six our of six candleflameb:laugh unfortunately the six i have are all chigos, goraths and ahoesb:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Im still 4/6 although im not really aiming for the candle flames :s I guess its a good thing they start to accumulate tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    J4 got us all beat with that 400mil for his 6 card set.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    J4 got us all beat with that 400mil for his 6 card set.

Not sure it counts as 400 mil though, because of what follows that.
    I got mine after dropping maybe 400 mil on A packs plus lots of FSP runs (6 toons/day atm).

He's not counting the opportunity cost involved by transferring the tokens over for extra packs, when the reason people buy the coins is because it has an end result the same if you buy or sell at the same price. So everyone else is counting the opportunity cost, but by not including that will cause a large disparity in actual cost vs. reported cost.
  • Mavalen - Dreamweaver
    Mavalen - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Candleflame set? What's that? it sounds awesome.

Does anyone have a pic of the complete set? I'd love to see it.

b:thanks
  • Tsungchi - Momaganon
    Tsungchi - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why bother with Candleflame set?
    imo at end game what you want is the Nuema Portal set its mutch beter.
    And when you consider reawaken the difference is even bigger.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options

Because nuema portal set isn't end game, it's a wet but pretty much unobtainable dream. Candleflame on the other hand is achiveable in an acceptable amount of time. And lets not even mention the cost differens..
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options

Good luck on that, by the time you have it i would have the candleflame rebirthed x2
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not sure it counts as 400 mil though, because of what follows that.

He's not counting the opportunity cost involved by transferring the tokens over for extra packs, when the reason people buy the coins is because it has an end result the same if you buy or sell at the same price. So everyone else is counting the opportunity cost, but by not including that will cause a large disparity in actual cost vs. reported cost.

Yeah, I certainly didn't mean to imply my total cost was 400m, I just haven't the slightest clue what the total cost of all those runs would be because I have no clue how many I actually did. A quick guess would be something like 480 total fsp runs across all toons, which comes out to just under 1b assuming 100k/coin (which is average on my server atm) -- or about 1.3b total cost.

How accurate that really is, I have no clue, but it's my best shot at an estimate.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Only have one card of those on my alt. Personally I'm happy enough with Shroud set and Earthguard trainer set that I got from mostly free packs. I'm not at the point where spending billions of coins is appealing any more.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My first 2 A cards were from the candleflame set, and my first S card was from the nuema portal set. So I dunno I am just going with whichever comes first since it's all random what I'll get anyway. Though obviously yes I would enjoy finishing my neuma portal set overall but eh.
  • Tsungchi - Momaganon
    Tsungchi - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good luck on that, by the time you have it i would have the candleflame rebirthed x2

LOL i already have the Nuema Portal set with 4 of the 6 at rb1.
    If i would spend another 6/7b i would probably get the set reawaken.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love it when a wet dream goal that costs billions upon billions to accomplish and out of reach for probably the vast majority of anyone playing the game is suddenly the standard at which to be condescending to people who don't just 'go for it' cause its pointless to have anything less.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited February 2015
    Options

That's probably only a trolling attempt, at least if this isn't just a post char. No one on Morai got a Full nuema Portal set.

I only know of BelleWiz in the whole game to have nearly fully rbed Nuema Portal set and that guy dropped several 10k $ on that.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Would like to add that the devine furies+three venerator set is a pretty sweet combo to have equiped

Base S card is 33% stronger then an A card, both the above mentioned sets have 35% complect bonus, if you can get them both its still pretty sweet